Villa Canggu South
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
The contemporary-styled 4-bedroom Villa Canggu South, complete with 20-metre swimming pool is located just 100 metres from the beach in the tiny fishing village of Nelayan – literally meaning 'fisherman' – close to Canggu on Bali's south-west coast.
Designed to maximise the natural light and catch the cool breezes even at the hottest time of year, the villa is decorated with an exciting collection of colourful artwork and offers a choice of air-conditioned comfort or tropical semi-open-air living with wide glass doors that can be opened to invite the sea breezes inside. Guests also have the choice of indoor and outdoor dining areas to suite every occasion.
The villa is well suited for groups of friends or families, with plenty of facilities for kids and a professional team of staff that includes a manager, butlers, housekeeping, 24-hour security, a car and driver and a private chef. With its flats lawns, reception areas and sweeping staircase.
Canggu is fast evolving into Bali's hippest beachside scene, with a laid-back vibe, numerous eateries, vibrant live music venues, yoga studios, spas and some chic beachwear boutiques all just five minutes' drive from the villa.
Villa Canggu South adjoins the two-bedroom Villa Canggu North, and the two villlas can be separated by a retractable garden wall. When all six bedrooms are rented together, the garden can be opened up to create a luxurious space with two pools, two living and dining rooms and interconnecting doors.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Villa Canggu sits 100 metres from the beach in a local village neighbourhood. A few hundred metres in either direction along the beach will bring you to a few popular beach bars and small restaurants, especially around sunset time. Check out Old Man’s restaurant, bar and live music venue a short walk up the beach to the north, as well as the well-known Echo Beach for daily barbecues and Sunday-night live music. If you are interested in learning to surf, High Tide Surf School (for kids and adults) is situated just five minutes’ walk up the beach at Batu Bolong. Nelayan Beach immediately in front of the villa is also popular with surfers.More information for Things to do
Villa Canggu’s manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Villa Canggu is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot, although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Mama San, Sardine and Métis.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel on the coast, a few minutes closer to the villa, is also a good sunset spot.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Have a go at riding the local ponies at Bali Equestrian Center. See the beaches and beautiful landscapes of Bali from a different perspective.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Large, air-conditioned living area with comfortable couches and satellite-channel TV and DVD player
- Dining area with adjacent bar and dining table with seating for eight people
- Chill-out mezzanine reading room at roof level with breezy balcony and sea views
- An astonishing collection of artwork
- 20 x 6-metre swimming pool
- Open-sided dining pavilion poolside with large table and bench seats
- Pool deck with sun loungers and umbrellas.
- Satellite-channel TV and DVD player
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower and jacuzzi tub for two
- Private terrace
Downstairs Guest Suite
- Air-conditioned bedroom with twin beds that convert to a king
- Satellite-channel TV and DVD player
- Stylish bathroom with walk-in rain shower and a circular bathtub for two
Upstairs Guest Suites
- Air-conditioned bedrooms each with king-size beds that convert to twins
- Satellite-channel TV and DVD players
- Stylish bathrooms with walk-in rain showers
- Private balconies
Your personal chef at Villa Canggu is at your service to prepare daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. All other snacks and meals can be ordered from an extensive suggestion menu offering a wide array of Western and Asian, vegetarian and children’s dishes. The chef is also happy to tailor meals to suit special requests and dietary needs.
Meals can be a simple affair, a poolside barbecue, or a grand banquet according to your whims. We recommend that you try some of the chef’s special Indonesian and Balinese dishes for a true cultural experience.
Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus 20%++ handling fee. Guests will be requested to provide grocery money in advance, and the staff will do the shopping and keep the receipts for reference. To make the most of the kitchen and give staff time to shop, it is a good idea to plan meals with the staff the evening before.View a sample menu
Thank You for making our holiday very special, we felt part of your family. We wish everyone here love and happiness. Our children all loved their time with you.14-Oct-2019 - 21-Oct-2019 Michelle M
Our stay at Villa Canggu South was amazing. Thank you to all the staff for taking care of our American and Australian family. We really enjoyed the amenities and wonderful service from you - very accommodating staff. Thanks again for a lovely and relaxing family holiday.06-Jul-2019 - 13-Jul-2019 Sarah B
Our stay at Villa Canggu South was very pleasant and relaxing. We really enjoyed our brief stay there and wished we could of stayed longer. The staff at the villa were extremely kind and accommodating. The villa was very clean, comfortable and made us feel very at home. We were extremely impressed with the villa as a whole, especially the staff. Hopefully we will be able to return in the future.29-Jan-2019 - 01-Feb-2019 Norma I
Thank you for wonderful 10 days in Canggu! We all had a wonderful time. Thank you for entertaining the children when they came to visit and showing them such care and attention.15-Jan-2019 - 25-Jan-2019 Simon T
Thank you to the lovely team at Villa Canggu, such lovely people and they made our stay so easy and comfortable for our extended family.08-Oct-2018 - 19-Oct-2018 Judith M
What a fabulous place to stay and brilliant experience. Thanks to your team for the great service provided during our stay, will be recommending to others.03-Oct-2018 - 07-Oct-2018 Abrahams and Parkinsons
Thank you for making our stay in Canggu enjoyable and memorable. We really appreciate the staffs attitude, always looking forward to satisfy our needs.10-Aug-2018 - 20-Aug-2018 Ekaterina S
Thank you so much for an absolutely fabulous time at Villa Canggu. The Mounter Family really enjoyed everything here - especially the pool, the rain showers, the amazing feasts and organizing day trips to Ubud and Uluwatu for us even if we didn't see the Monkeys.08-Jul-2018 - 17-Jul-2018 Andrea M
Thank you to all the staff at Villa Canggu for such an amazing and comfortable stay. All 5 of us loved the facilities, pool and most of all the great food cooked by the chef. We can't wait to come back hopefully in the near future. Thanks again.04-Jul-2018 - 08-Jul-2018 Albert D
Great House + Great Staff assures a Great Vacation28-Jul-2015 - 04-Aug-2015 Elize (Edwin) Bontenbal
Fantastic modern Bali villa - beautiful rooms, luxurious bathrooms, generous spaces indoor and out. We enjoyed the location, walking distance to restaurants and a short drive from Seminyak. We would highly recommend Villa Canggu.05-Jul-2014 - 11-Jul-2014 Jodie Blackledge
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service