The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Bendega Rato is a stunning, high-spec villa among the ricefields of Canggu minutes from the surf beach of Canggu and the famous Hotel Tugu. For a three-bedroom villa, the sheer amount of living space is surprising. Everything is over-sized for optimum sociability and comfort, from the double-height living room with huge sofas and dining table that seats 12, to the stately bathtubs presiding over ricefield views. There’s an air-conditioned media room, a poolside pavilion with comfortable seating and dining for 10, and a huge second-level terrace with rooftop bale for private sunbathing, sunset cocktails and star-gazing. With so many large living spaces, this villa encourages social interaction while at the same time offering many private corners for those who want to slip away and claim one of the many daybeds and beanbags scattered around.
The stunning antiques, artefacts and textiles from across the Indonesian archipelago add a heritage patina to Bendega Rato, while state-of-the-art gadgets such as Sonos music system, 55-inch plasma TV, Apple TV and blu-ray DVD add 21st Century polish. And animating this space is a team of staff (shared with Bendega Nui) – among them two chefs who create magic with an extensive suggestion menu. Five minutes beyond the villa are famed surfing beaches and Seminyak is only 20 minutes away by car.
Bendega Rato will suit a family of six or three couples who appreciate space to spread out. There are three spacious master bedrooms – all with supremely comfortable four-poster beds, glamorous bathrooms and private terraces. And there’s also the option of adding the separate, stand-alone master suite to the villa rental, accommodating two more guests in considerable luxury with a private plunge pool and bale. For even larger groups, the five-bedroom Bendega Nui next door can be added too, giving a total of nine bedrooms. See Benega Villas’ website for details.
Immaculate and spacious villa
Only a short walk to the beach
Super-sociable pool pavilion
State-of-the-art audiovisual gear
"Great time, great food,and service. Will return for another great holiday. Thank you for an amazing stay. You made our holiday memorable."
Real time availability
Plan & Save 25%
Plan & Save 25%
Book at least 90 days ahead of your stay and enjoy 25% discount on stays until 25 June 2020 - excluding high season dates.
Terms and conditions:- Only valid for new bookings received from 4 November 2019 until 29 February 2020.- Must book at least 90 days prior to the arrival date.- Applicable for stays concluded before 25 June 2020, excluding high season dates.- Not valid with any other discounts or offers.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 14-Dec-2019.
|Period||Price per night (USD)||10+ nights (USD)||Min stay||Inclusions|
|20-Oct-2019 to 14-Dec-2019||580 ++||493 ++||2 nights|
|15-Dec-2019 to 25-Dec-2019||760 ++||684 ++||4 nights|
|26-Dec-2019 to 04-Jan-2020||920 ++||874 ++||5 nights|
- Double-height open plan living room with three sets of sliding glass doors and dining area with table for 12
- Well-equipped kitchen with staff service area behind, and a wood-burning brick oven for fresh pizzas
- Air-conditioned media room with 55-inch TV, Apple TV, blue-ray DVD player and integrated Sonos music system
- Large 18m x 7m grey slate pool
- Large pool pavilion with daybed, antique bar and dining table for 10
- Sunset rooftop sundeck and open bale with large daybed
Master Bedroom - Garden
- Garden bedroom looking out onto the pool
- Centrally placed four-poster king-size bed, daybed and large walk-in wardrobe
- Seating area behind the bedroom facing a private garden, with 43-inch TV, computer and an antique daybed that doubles as a bed for a small child
- Air-conditioned bathroom with large walk-in rainshower and alfresco river rock bathtub set in a koi-filled pond within a walled garden
Master Bedroom - Sea
- On the upper floor of the main building, accessed by a private walkway
- Centrally placed four-poster king-size bed faces a private terrace with daybed looking onto gardens and rice fields
- Large ensuite bathroom in private outdoor courtyard, with walk-in rainshower and oversized tub overlooking the rice fields
Master Bedroom - Sky
- On the upper floor of the main building, accessed by a private walkway
- Four-poster king-size bed looking onto a private terrace with daybed and access to roof –top sundeck and bale
- Large ensuite bathroom with walk-in rainshower and oversized tub overlooking the rice fields
Optional Separate Master Suite
- Large master suite set in a private courtyard garden
- Four-poster bed under a vaulted pavilion roof
- iPod dock, TV with DVD player, and minibar
- Private 7m x 3m plunge pool with sun-deck and poolside bale
- Magnificent walled garden bathroom with walk in rainshower, twin basins and large river stone tub for two
- Traditional Balinese entrances connect the suite to Bendega Rato (and the five-bedroom Bendega Nui)
Bendega Rato lies off a grassy lane among a scattering of other private villas and the luxuriant rice terraces that define the Balinese countryside. The sound of the waves can be heard from the villa’s immaculate, though modestly sized garden and a walk westwards along the beach (good for surfing and walking but currents make it unsuited for swimming) will bring you to a sea temple and the glorious museum-like Hotel Tugu. Down the road from the villa are some village homes and small grocery shops selling the basics, but for more sophisticated pleasures, guests can avail themselves of the villa’s car and driver and head into Seminyak.
Things to do
Bendega Villas’ manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villas.
- The Legendary Beach House at Echo Beach is a ten-minute drive, or a pleasant walk along the beach from the villas. This is a great place in the evenings for watching the beautiful sunsets. The restaurant has a large eating area that spills out onto a beachside bluff offering a casual international menu, and at weekends has a daily seafood barbecue. Also at Echo Beach is Sticky Fingers, – a great place for coffee, smoothies and fresh juices.
- Other local places to eat include the grandly named Deus Ex Machina – Temple of Enthusiasm, which serves a wide range of Asian food with cold beer in a combination art gallery clothing store cum motorcycle repair shop within a five minute walk from the villa. There are also several smaller restaurants serving Asian cuisine within walking distance, including one at the Ametis villas that serves only organic produce, Betelnut, Kakilima and Crate café.
- Also within walking distance along the beach is The Tugu Hotel, a living museum of priceless antiques and rare cultural artefacts. The Tugu also offers casual and fine dining restaurants and a delightful spa. Across the road and practically beachfront is a great cafe, Old Man’s, where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner, daily happy hour, often live music and a monthly Saturday market
- Trendy Seminyak is just 20 minutes’ drive away has a wide choice of international restaurants. Our favourites for world class dining include the legendary Ku De Ta, The Living Room, La Lucciola, Petitenget Café, Sarong, Sardine, Metis, Potato head, La Favela, La Plancha, Mosaic, Merah Putih, Bambu, Urchin, Barbacoa, Mexicola and MAMA San. More casual restaurants include the Bali Deli, La Sal, Cafe Moka, Made’s Warung I & II, Naugty Nuri's, Hog Wild in Bali, Biku, Casa Loca, La Barca, and last but not least Grocer and Grind, the best coffee in Bali. There are also a number of chic cocktail bars (try the Hu’u Bar late at night) and exciting night clubs such as Townhouse. Seminyak also has many lavish spas and elegant boutiques.
- About 15 minutes’ drive from Bendega Villas is the most famous temples in Bali, Tanah Lot Sea Temple.
- Other sports available nearby include Kuda P riding stables, Aquamarine scuba diving, off-road quad biking, surfing schools and fishing.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. At 850m above sea level, the view from the Jatiluwih rice terraces, which has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2008, is one of the finest imaginable. Alternatively, head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Bold and brave bargain hunters should head for one of Denpasar’s markets within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital, for an exciting and rewarding shopping experience.
- Borrow one of the villa’s bicycles and explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages – a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions