The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Bendega Rato is a stunning villa located amidst the rice fields of Canggu, minutes from a surf beach and popular restaurants and bars. For a four-bedroom villa, the sheer amount of living space is surprising. Everything is oversized for optimum sociability and comfort, from the double-height living room with huge sofas and a dining table that seats 12, to the stately bathtubs presiding over rice field views. There’s an air-conditioned media room, a poolside pavilion with comfortable seating and dining for 10, and a huge second-level terrace with rooftop bale for private sunbathing, sunset cocktails and star-gazing. With so many large living spaces, this villa encourages social interaction while at the same time offering many private corners for those who want to slip away and claim one of the many daybeds and beanbags scattered around.
For a spot of privacy, the villa also offers a gorgeous one-bedroom suite located in its own individual walled garden, with a personal plunge pool. The villa may be rented as a four-bedroom unit along with this suite, or a three-bedroom haven minus it.
Stunning antiques, artefacts and textiles from across the Indonesian archipelago add a heritage patina to Bendega Rato, while state-of-the-art gadgets such as Sonos music system, 55-inch plasma TV, Apple TV and Blu-ray DVD add 21st century polish. And animating this space is a team of staff (shared with Bendega Nui) – among them two chefs who create magic with an extensive suggestion menu. Five minutes beyond the villa are famed surfing beaches and Seminyak is only 20 minutes away by car.
Bendega Rato will suit a group of eight or six, who appreciate space to spread out. There are three spacious master bedrooms in the main building– all with supremely comfortable four-poster beds, glamorous bathrooms and private terraces. And there’s also the option of adding the separate, stand-alone master suite to the villa rental, accommodating two more guests in considerable luxury. For even larger groups, the five-bedroom Bendega Nui next door can be added too, giving a total of nine bedrooms, making it ideal for weddings and retreats. See Bendega Villas’ website for details.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Bendega Rato lies off a grassy lane among a scattering of other private villas and the luxuriant rice terraces that define the Balinese countryside. The sound of the waves can be heard from the villa’s immaculate, though modestly sized garden and a walk westwards along the beach (good for surfing and walking but currents make it unsuited for swimming) will bring you to a sea temple and the glorious museum-like Hotel Tugu. Down the road from the villa are some village homes and small grocery shops selling the basics, but for more sophisticated pleasures, guests can avail themselves of the villa’s car and driver and head into Seminyak.More information for Things to do
Bendega Villas’ manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villas.
- The Legendary Beach House at Echo Beach is a ten-minute drive, or a pleasant walk along the beach from the villas. This is a great place in the evenings for watching the beautiful sunsets. The restaurant has a large eating area that spills out onto a beachside bluff offering a casual international menu, and at weekends has a daily seafood barbecue. Also at Echo Beach is Sticky Fingers, – a great place for coffee, smoothies and fresh juices.
- Other local places to eat include the grandly named Deus Ex Machina – Temple of Enthusiasm, which serves a wide range of Asian food with cold beer in a combination art gallery clothing store cum motorcycle repair shop within a five minute walk from the villa. There are also several smaller restaurants serving Asian cuisine within walking distance, including one at the Ametis villas that serves only organic produce, Betelnut, Kakilima and Crate café.
- Also within walking distance along the beach is The Tugu Hotel, a living museum of priceless antiques and rare cultural artefacts. The Tugu also offers casual and fine dining restaurants and a delightful spa. Across the road and practically beachfront is a great cafe, Old Man’s, where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner, daily happy hour, often live music and a monthly Saturday market
- Trendy Seminyak is just 20 minutes’ drive away has a wide choice of international restaurants. Our favourites for world class dining include the legendary The Living Room, Petitenget Café, Sardine, Metis, Potato head, La Favela, La Plancha, Mosaic, Barbacoa, Mexicola and MAMA San. More casual restaurants include the Bali Deli, La Sal, Cafe Moka, Made’s Warung I & II, Naugty Nuri's, Hog Wild in Bali, Biku, Casa Loca, La Barca, and last but not least Grocer and Grind, the best coffee in Bali. There are also a number of chic cocktail bars (try the Hu’u Bar late at night) and exciting night clubs such as Townhouse. Seminyak also has many lavish spas and elegant boutiques.
- About 15 minutes’ drive from Bendega Villas is the most famous temples in Bali, Tanah Lot Sea Temple.
- Other sports available nearby include Kuda P riding stables, Aquamarine scuba diving, off-road quad biking, surfing schools and fishing.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. At 850m above sea level, the view from the Jatiluwih rice terraces, which has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2008, is one of the finest imaginable. Alternatively, head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Bold and brave bargain hunters should head for one of Denpasar’s markets within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital, for an exciting and rewarding shopping experience.
- Borrow one of the villa’s bicycles and explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages – a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Double-height open plan living room with three sets of sliding glass doors and dining area with table for 12
- Well-equipped kitchen with staff service area behind, and a wood-burning brick oven for fresh pizzas
- Air-conditioned media room with 55-inch TV, Apple TV, blue-ray DVD player and integrated Sonos music system
- Large 18m x 7m grey slate pool in the main house
- A plunge pool in the separate suite
- Large living pavilion with a daybed, antique bar and dining table for 10
- Sunset rooftop sun deck and open bale with large daybed
Master Bedroom - Garden
- Garden bedroom looking out onto the pool
- Centrally placed four-poster king-size bed, daybed and large walk-in wardrobe
- Seating area behind the bedroom facing a private garden, with 43-inch TV, computer and an antique daybed that doubles as a bed for a small child
- Air-conditioned bathroom with large walk-in rainshower and alfresco river rock bathtub set in a koi-filled pond within a walled garden
Master Bedroom - Sea
- On the upper floor of the main building, accessed by a private walkway
- Centrally placed four-poster king-size bed faces a private terrace with daybed looking onto gardens and rice fields
- Large ensuite bathroom in private outdoor courtyard, with walk-in rainshower and oversized tub overlooking the rice fields
Master Bedroom - Sky
- On the upper floor of the main building, accessed by a private walkway
- Four-poster king-size bed looking onto a private terrace with daybed and access to roof –top sundeck and bale
- Large ensuite bathroom with walk-in rainshower and oversized tub overlooking the rice fields
Optional Separate Master Suite
- Large master suite set in a private courtyard garden
- Four-poster bed under a vaulted pavilion roof
- iPod dock, TV with DVD player, and minibar
- Private 7m x 3m plunge pool with sun-deck and poolside bale
- Magnificent walled garden bathroom with walk in rainshower, twin basins and large river stone tub for two
- Traditional Balinese entrances connect the suite to Bendega Rato (and the five-bedroom Bendega Nui)
A suggestion menu is in place where meals can be designed in consultation with the chef and the villa manager. Guests will be requested to provide grocery money in advance, and the staff will do the shopping and keep the receipts for reference. Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus 20%++ handling fee.
Please remember while the villa’s facilities and staff capabilities are of the highest quality, the villa’s kitchen cannot maintain the same inventory as a restaurant serving hundreds of patrons in a day. Therefore please discuss meals in advance (ideally 24 hours) to allow the chef and his team time to purchase and prepare for you.
I had my company leadership meeting for 3 days at Rato and Nui. It was a truly amazing experince. Green villas, awesome service and attention to detail. Very well done. Lovely rooms and all the extra care is very appreciated.01-Dec-2021 - 03-Dec-2021 Vaishali S
Thank you for a wonderful time at your villa. all the staff were very welcoming and always ready to serve us. The villa is very well maintained and we love every minute spent here. Thank you again. May we rise again from this pandemic and be stronger!12-Nov-2021 - 14-Nov-2021 Rieka L
Beautiful villa, good service. Thank you.20-Aug-2021 - 22-Aug-2021 Bobby D
I enjoyed my time at this villa, it has been a nice experience. We liked the pool and the location is nice because it's close to the beach.20-Jul-2021 - 24-Jul-2021 Augustinus Omar R
What amazing villa! Our stay at Bendega Rato has been absolutely amazing. Thank you to all the staff who have looked after us. It is all of you that made the difference. Thank you very much. We hope to be back again soon.04-Jan-2020 - 09-Jan-2020 Lisa G
Thank you all for a wonderful New Years stay at this beautiful villa. The property is beautifully designed and styled with so many lovely area to sit, rest, and enjoy lovely company. On top of all of this the staff were delightful. They were constantly available to make our stay such a pleasure and the food they cooked for us was all divine. Many thanks to you all, we will be back!26-Dec-2019 - 01-Jan-2020 Robert M
Thank you so much for the perfect Christmas holiday in Canggu. Your service was so professional. Make our trip so easy.20-Dec-2019 - 26-Dec-2019 Mao & Gregory
Thank you so much for your care and attention to our group thus week. You could not have done anything more to ensure that we has the most perfect week. Your service, kindness, amazing cooking was much appreciated. Your ability to keep up with our demand your gin was extraordinary!!03-Nov-2019 - 08-Nov-2019 Barbara C
Thank you once again for as amazing holiday in your beautiful villa. We had such a great time in the beautiful surrounding and the hospitality has been second to none. Hopefully we will be back next year.05-Oct-2019 - 11-Oct-2019 Kristy C
Thank you so much for another wonderful stay at Bendega Rato. My family has had an amazing time. We were spoilt and cared for by your friendly staff and my children could not eat enough delicious chicken satay. We treasure this relaxing time that we have spent in your company and hope to do it again.23-Jul-2019 - 18-Aug-2019 Ellen U
Thank you for the amazing holiday. This villa is so beautiful. I never want to leave. Amazing trip. Thank you villa family for making our gals trip one to remember.30-May-2019 - 03-Jun-2019 Ameera B
Great time, great food,and service. Will return for another great holiday. Thank you for an amazing stay. You made our holiday memorable.21-May-2019 - 29-May-2019 Nicole T
Thank you to everyone at Bendega villas you were all amazing. Can't wait to return.10-May-2019 - 17-May-2019 Jane L
Amazing place, amazing stay and special to Harsana and his staff who give us high level service. Great Congratulations to you all.29-Apr-2019 - 06-May-2019 Laury M
Amazing villa. The staff was fabulous and I wouldn't charge a thing, best room ever. You guys are amazing and we will be back.12-Apr-2019 - 15-Apr-2019 Lisha P
We have loved getting to know the staff at Bendega Villas over the past week. Without exception they have made us feel welcome. The washer have been amazing when arriving back from trips in the Bali heat. The pool has been extraordinary and we looked forward to every meal.04-Apr-2019 - 11-Apr-2019 Geordie C
This is our first time in Bali and the stay was perfect. Thanks to our beautiful accommodation and wonderful staff. The staff here went over backwards to accommodate our needs. They have been so helpful. Thank you all for making the trip so comfortable, we are all already planning our next visit.29-Mar-2019 - 03-Apr-2019 Kathryn R
This week has been a wonderful experience. We relaxed and enjoyed the area. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We love the house and will come back again. All the best and see you again.16-Feb-2019 - 23-Feb-2019 Marjoleine D
Thank you bendega villas. We have had a wonderful stay. The weather has been amazing and the pool very refreshing. The staff here are second to none, nothing was a problem and always with a smile. A wonderful stay - our family really enjoyed magic time.13-Oct-2018 - 15-Oct-2018 Rebecca O
Thank you so much for all of your impeccable hospitality during our stay. The villa is wonderful and all of the staff went above and beyond to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. We will definitely be back.02-Oct-2018 - 05-Oct-2018 Kristy C
Thank you for making our first visit to Bali something to always remember. Your beautiful smiles, calm and patient ways are so appreciated by us. It certainly was special for my daughter to enjoy her birthday with you all. It will certainly not be the last time we will visit.12-Sep-2018 - 17-Sep-2018 Cathy O
Such a lovely relaxed and enjoyable holiday, the villa has been wonderful, catering for all our needs. No need to leave the villa, everything is here... but if in need of a stroll, the beach just down the road. Perfect location.04-Sep-2018 - 12-Sep-2018 Patrick R
Thank you for amazing stay, delicious food. We have had the absolute best time ever. Best wishes and blessings.30-Aug-2018 - 04-Sep-2018 Laura B
Celebrating our lovely family with a week spent together at Bendega Villas in canggu. This luxurious place fulfilled all our wishes the beautiful surroundings and fantastic food. Most of all... the attentive staff. Thank you very much, we hope to be back.28-Jul-2018 - 04-Aug-2018 Paul B
We have had such an amazing holiday in perfect Bali setting. Fabulous staff always so friendly and attentive. We will be back and already booked for next year. Best wishes to you all.06-Jul-2018 - 14-Jul-2018 The Gadsdon Family
Thank you so much to all the staff for the most wonderful stay! You have all gone beyond and above to make us feel at home and relaxed on our holiday. We can't wait to come back.29-Jun-2018 - 04-Jul-2018 Paolo M
Thank you so much for your excellent services, we had wonderful time gathering together with our family members. We felt like at home in this beautiful, spacious, comfy, exotic and cozy villa. Looking forward and wishes we can come again to spend next our holiday in this villa.15-Jun-2018 - 18-Jun-2018 Lincorn L
A very wonderful villa to live in, the best villa in Bali. The villa is quite clean and the staff are very very friendly, villa is very cozy with the music on. Design is very unique than any other villa we have ever stayed. A good deal and price if stay with a large family. We are hoping to come back soon to Bendega Villa - we had a very good time staying here.12-Jun-2018 - 15-Jun-2018 Ridwan R
Our time spent here has been absolute bliss it has been a perfectly luxurious end to our holiday. The staff have been amazing. Harsana has been helpful, funny and very interesting to chat with.31-May-2018 - 03-Jun-2018 William B
We had a great stay here at Bendega Villa - everything your need and more. The house and hospitality was amazing. Thank you.15-May-2018 - 19-May-2018 Georgia K
All of us enjoyed our stay in such a spectacular area in Bali. The staff were stunning and all shared great locations to explore throughout Bali. The food was unlike anything else and we didn't want to go anywhere else. We truly felt welcome and will certainly come here again.21-Apr-2018 - 27-Apr-2018 Ian N
Thank you so much for everything, looking forward to coming back in November.06-Feb-2018 - 13-Feb-2018 Rita W
We have loved our stay at this villa, excellent. Every one here is super welcoming and helpful. We have wonderful holiday at Bendega Villa. Kids are so happy been take care of. Food is great here. We feel relaxed here, so much joy with the staff around.02-Feb-2016 - 09-Feb-2016 Dervis P
The villa and staff were outstanding we also enjoy the food very much.18-Oct-2015 - 23-Oct-2015 Nick W
What an amazing villa - stunning interior design and wonderful service. It was perfect for our mixed-generation group of baby through to grandparent. Nothing was too much trouble for the team and they were very discreet. Also nearby, within easy walking distance, were several good cafes/ restaurants and the beach was less than 10 minutes. Can't wait to return!03-Oct-2015 - 07-Oct-2015 Toby S
Your staff are exceptional. Being vegetarian we did not feel without choice or flavors.27-Sep-2015 - 03-Oct-2015 Rachana M
Overall the villa is well maintained and all the staffs were very attentive. The only downside would be the location of the villa that is quite far. For a family with toddlers or infant the villa would suit you best. The service was superb and the chef cook is comparable to 5-stars hotel. It was a great experience and would love to come back again for the next holiday.12-Jun-2015 - 15-Jun-2015 Michael Solivan
Staff was so lovely. Very baby/child friendly too! Beautiful villa - we had a great time and loved it!24-Apr-2015 - 26-Apr-2015 Feldman A
We had the most wonderful time at Bendega Rato. All the staff, without exception, were utterly delightful and went out of their way to ensure we had everything we could possibly need. The food was absolutely superb - it made it hard to go out knowing we would eat like royalty if we stayed at the villa! Thanks again to everyone.17-Apr-2014 - 22-Apr-2014 Lucy Perella
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service