Villa Tirta Nila
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
The luxurious, contemporary-designed Villa Tirta Nila invites guests to embrace the serenity of East Bali. Staffed by a warm and experienced team, this gorgeous, four-bedroom holiday home is located in the quiet village of Sengkidu, three kilometres from Candidasa on Bali’s east coast – a secluded and beautiful place filled with swaying coconut palms and gentle sea breezes.
Here, guests will relish both the indoor and the alfresco living and dining spaces, and delight in the contemporary tropical architecture, the ocean-themed decor and the island-inspired furnishings. Ideal for families or groups of friends, the villa’s air-conditioned interior presents a living and dining room, modern kitchen and a cosy TV room. All four spacious bedrooms have sea views and each is adjoined by an ensuite bathroom, two of which boast both indoor and outdoor rain showers. The beautifully manicured garden, complete with water features and grand-scale Buddha and Balinese goddess statues, is home to a private swimming pool, a seaside dining pavilion, a relaxation gazebo, a man-made elevated beach/volley ball court, and a furnished waterfront terrace with spellbinding views and direct access into the sea.
The villa is the perfect base for guests who wish to explore Bali’s eastern regency of Karangasem – an exotic royal Balinese kingdom of forests and mighty mountains, emerald rice terraces, mystical water palaces and pretty beaches. This dramatically beautiful area is often dubbed the "Real Bali", where life goes on as it has for generations, yet with the welcome addition of modern-day comforts including, of course, Villa Tirta Nila – the perfect place to kick back and revel in five-star luxury in a setting that is second to none.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Villa Tirta Nila is located within the quiet and natural environs of Mendira Beach in the tiny fishing village of Sengkidu, three kilometres from Candisasa on Bali’s east coast. There is very little in the immediate area apart from a series of small beaches, coconut groves and banana plantations, and a traditional village and temple. It is safe for swimming here and the reef immediately in front of the villa offers good snorkelling. One kilometre up the lane are several hotels with restaurants and bars and a small sandy beach, which is safe for swimming. There is a charming collection of restaurants and simple souvenir shops in Candidasa.
Your villa manager will typically have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any tour bookings for you. Do ask other members of staff about the local area too. Invariably some of them will live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of some of the activities on offer within reach of the villa:
- Twelve kilometres to the east of Candidasa, you will find the hidden beach of Pasir Putih, meaning ‘white sands.’ Fringed by a coconut grove and flanked by green headlands with a sheer cliff behind, you will feel like you have stepped back in time. The tranquil ambience, complete with the simple grass roofed eateries, is reminiscent of the Bali of the 1970s.
- If you would like to witness the marine life under the ocean without having to get wet, take a ‘Voyage of Fantasy’ in the Odyssey Submarine. Accommodating 36 passengers with 2 pilots, the submarine will transport you on an unforgettable journey to a depth of 20 metres under the sea to explore the colourful coral reef. This is a great activity for families with young children.
- The hiking around Candidasa is superb, and the villa staff can arrange for a local guide to escort you. At Bukit Asah near the village of Bug Bug, a gentle two-kilometre walk brings you to a hilltop outlook blessed with a beautiful panorama of the sea, the coastline and neighbouring islands. Longer hikes will take you through forested land and rice terraces. Along the way you will see many Balinese farmers working in their fields, and you can explore local villages.
- At the peaceful 700-year-old walled village of Tenganan, the residents practice a time-honoured lifestyle based around ritual and ceremony. Many of the houses function as shops and workshops where expert craftsmen and women perform their centuries’ old skills. Traditional ‘ata’ vine baskets are laid out in neat rows upon the ground, and artists display their lontar carved books. Inside the workshop homes, you can see and purchase the famous, highly valued double ikat textiles. The women will demonstrate the weaving process using small looms.
- The picturesque water palace of Taman Ujung was built in 1919 by the last Raja of Karangasem. Resting in the vast pool is a series of intriguing, romantic pavilions linked by bridges, archways, and a shaded avenue of mango and frangipani trees.
- Also built by the water-loving Raja is Tirta Gangga, a fabled maze of spine-tinglingy cold bathing pools and basins, spouts, tiered pagoda fountains, stone carvings and lush gardens showcasing a blend of Chinese and Balinese architecture.
- Many of the restaurants in Candidasa offer a free pick-up and drop-off transport service, including the wonderful Vincent’s, where you can relish romantic dining in a gorgeous garden, high quality international cuisine, superb service, cool and colourful artwork and lazy jazz music. La Rouge is another charming restaurant. Bali Asli is a restaurant and cooking school, near Amlapura. It is one of the island’s best, serving traditional Balinese food created from home-grown ingredients and cooked in an authentic Balinese-style kitchen on wood-fired, mud brick stoves, which allow the real flavours of Bali to shine.
- At the village of Jasri, visit the Sorga Chocolate Factory, where you can observe the entire chocolate-making process from the cacao fruit to the delicious organic chocolate bars and truffles. A tasting session is a must.
- The picturesque, natural harbour and village of Padangbai is the departure and arrival point for the car-ferries and fast boats to and from Lombok. Head up the hill above the car-ferry dock and you’ll find Bias Tugel Beach aka Pantai Kecil (the little beach, also known as Secret Beach), complete with a number of beachside warungs serving food and drinks. Accessing this gorgeous patch of paradise involves scrambling down a cliff path.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Spacious air-conditioned living and dining room
- Floor-to-ceiling doors that slide open to the garden and pool
- Dining table for 10 adjacent to the kitchen
- Cosy, air-conditioned media room with large TV and Blu-ray player
- Pool deck with sun loungers
- 15 x 6m infinity-edge swimming pool
- Waterfront, open-sided dining pavilion with table for 10
- Elevated, man-made beach with volleyball net
- Seaside relaxation pavilion
- Furnished terrace offering direct access into the sea
Master suite 1
- Situated on ground level
- King Bed
- Sliding doors onto private terrace
- Ensuite bathroom with indoor and outdoor rain showers
Master suite 2
- Situated on the upper floor
- King bed
- Wraparound balcony
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower and freestanding bathtub
Guest suite 3
- Situated on the ground floor
- King bed that can be converted to twins
- Sliding doors onto private terrace
- Ensuite bathroom with indoor and outdoor rain showers
Guest suite 4
- Situated on the upper floor
- King bed
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower
You are most welcome to take advantage of Villa Tirta Nila’s well-equipped kitchen. However, you’re on holiday, so why not just sit back, relax and enjoy some delicious home-cooked meals prepared by the villa’s highly accomplished cook.
You will be offered a suggestion menu to make ordering easier, and you can also chat with the cooks if there are other specific dishes that you would like to try. Meals are generally served ‘family style’, where everyone shares dishes, as opposed to ordering individually. Food intolerances, special diets and children’s meals can all be catered for, and the cook will, of course, adjust the seasoning of dishes to suit different palates. The villa also has a barbecue on site.
Grocery shopping will be done by the staff at local markets and supermarkets. All groceries and beverages are charged at market price (plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service and tax at the prevailing rate). Guests will be requested to provide grocery money in advance, and the staff will keep receipts for reference. To give staff time to shop, it is a good idea to plan meals the evening before.View a sample menu
We've had the most amazing stay in this beautiful Villa with beautiful staff who care for us so well throughout our stay here. We will find it hard to match this Superb stay and holiday. Thank you. Until we return again, Peace, Love & Joy to everyone at Tirta Nila...18-Jun-2022 - 23-Jun-2022 Howard C
Gusti, Sumi + Team. Thank you for such a wonderful stay. The warmth and excellent service you have provided has been incredible and has made our trip. The food has been amazing! We have all loved spending the week with you. I hope that we can return someday. Many thanks.10-Jun-2022 - 18-Jun-2022 Leanne C
Love the Villa - the design,the peacefulness + the Beauty. But most Importantly - We love the Villa Staff - so caring in the best of the Balinese culture. This is why I bring my Family to Bali, and your Villa was the best representative of the best of Bali + the People + Culture.26-May-2022 - 30-May-2022 DIANA T
A truly incredible stay! Tirta Nila is as close to heaven as one could possibly get we're sure. the Villa, the Location, but most of all the amazing staff made this anniversary vacation so truly memorable! We will definitely be back! Thank you so much.!02-May-2022 - 09-May-2022 Reinhold & Kimberley K
Nice Villa, Clean, Friendly staff. Mr. Gusti is very friendly. All the best.18-Mar-2022 - 21-Mar-2022 Herry C
Thank you very much for the service that has been given to Us during our stay. We are really amazed by the excellent service. Definitely we will come back here again someday. Amazing Villa, Amazing Service. Safe, comfortable and satisfying. Tasya07-Jan-2022 - 10-Jan-2022 Natasya F
I think this is overrall great villa, great service and I had fun here. These 9 days were a fun experience and I even talk to the people sometimes. The food is nice, it's great that they ask about the schedule because that way they know what we are doing and they can prepare meal at the right.24-Dec-2021 - 01-Jan-2022 Prasojo G
The impression during a 3 days stay at Tirta Nila was extraordinary. it was really a beautiful Private Villa tha was not lacking, plus the staff was friendly. all customer wishes can be fulfilled. good job Tirta Nila.03-Nov-2021 - 05-Nov-2021 Sabar S
Thank you for the hospitality! It was an extremely satisfying experience. We will come back again for sure and stay for much longer. Such a breathtaking view, friendly staff, and DELICIOUS FOOD. All the staff members were very friendly & helpful. We hope this situation will recover soon and get back to normal again.18-Nov-2020 - 21-Nov-2020 Norman R
Thank you for taking care of us, for the past 4 days. You were an Amazing addition to our beautiful time in Bali. You guys gave us wonderful memories and we will always remember you. Thank you for the great food, the good company and your wonderful smiles!08-Dec-2019 - 11-Dec-2019 Nick N
Thank you for a fabulous stay at Tirta Nila. Wonderful Staff, view, and beautiful, clean rooms make for a perfect relaxing time in Bali. We could not recommend it more and plan to come back during our next trip to Bali.25-Dec-2018 - 27-Dec-2018 Marc M
Wow, thank you so much to the amazing staff at Tirta Nila - you all went above and beyond our expectation and made our week truly special. Every little detail of our stay was extraordinary, thanks to you. We are so grateful you've made this Honeymoon a week that we will forever look back on with fondness. We can't wait to be back again soon.07-Nov-2018 - 14-Nov-2018 Sandra W
Wonderful stay in this sumptuous Villa Tirta Nila, decorated with great taste. The team were very kind and helpful. We loved the food at the villa and especially the Balinese dishes. Many thanks for making our holiday an unforgettable one.05-Aug-2018 - 15-Aug-2018 Sebastien P
Wonderful luxury house with extremely helpful and lovely staff. Just paradise on earth, to recommend for everybody!03-Sep-2016 - 07-Sep-2016 Rolf D
A dream location you can not get in Europe with full staff. Very luxurious beach house, clean and quiet, with helpful staff that is only there if you ask for them so we had still our privacy. Bali is a busy island, coming back in the beach house was an oasis of peace and quiet. With the continuous sound of the waves and the birds. We had the time of our lives.21-Apr-2016 - 01-May-2016 Jan D
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service