Villa Tirta Nila
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
The luxurious, contemporary-designed Villa Tirta Nila invites guests to embrace the serenity of East Bali. Staffed by a warm and experienced team, this gorgeous, four-bedroom holiday home is located in the quiet village of Sengkidu, three kilometres from Candidasa on Bali’s east coast – a secluded and beautiful place filled with swaying coconut palms and gentle sea breezes.
Here, guests will relish both the indoor and the alfresco living and dining spaces, and delight in the contemporary tropical architecture, the ocean-themed decor and the island-inspired furnishings. Ideal for families or groups of friends, the villa’s air-conditioned interior presents a living and dining room, modern kitchen and a cosy TV room. All four spacious bedrooms have sea views and each is adjoined by an ensuite bathroom, two of which boast both indoor and outdoor rain showers. The beautifully manicured garden, complete with water features and grand-scale Buddha and Balinese goddess statues, is home to a private swimming pool, a seaside dining pavilion, a relaxation gazebo, a man-made elevated beach/volley ball court, and a furnished waterfront terrace with spellbinding views and direct access into the sea.
The villa is the perfect base for guests who wish to explore Bali’s eastern regency of Karangasem – an exotic royal Balinese kingdom of forests and mighty mountains, emerald rice terraces, mystical water palaces and pretty beaches. This dramatically beautiful area is often dubbed the "Real Bali", where life goes on as it has for generations, yet with the welcome addition of modern-day comforts including, of course, Villa Tirta Nila – the perfect place to kick back and revel in five-star luxury in a setting that is second to none.
Seaside terrace and dining pavilion
Wonderful team of staff
Gorgeous interiors and garden
Great for families
"Tirta Nila is the perfect place to relax and unwind! As a group of 6 friends we found the house to be spacious and comfortable, with everything that was needed to make our stay memorable. The staff were extremely attentive and were available whenever needed. Exploring the coral reef at the bottom of the garden was an added bonus and definitely one of the highlights. All in all we had a fabulous time - staying at the villa made our first trip to Bali a wonderful experience! Thank you."
Rates and Real time availability
Low season rates extended and enjoy 30% off
Low season rates extended and enjoy 30% offLow season rates now apply to all bookings to 17 December 2020 and enjoy 30% off. Avoid the crowds and cocoon yourself in the privacy and safety of your own luxury villa.
Additional discounts available for stays of 10 nights or longer. Contact email@example.com for longer stay prices.
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions:
- Low season rates and discounts applicable, for new bookings received from 22 June 2020, and for stays before 17 December 2020
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 31-Oct-2020.
- Spacious air-conditioned living and dining room
- Floor-to-ceiling doors that slide open to the garden and pool
- Dining table for 10 adjacent to the kitchen
- Cosy, air-conditioned media room with large TV and Blu-ray player
- Pool deck with sun loungers
- 15 x 6m infinity-edge swimming pool
- Waterfront, open-sided dining pavilion with table for 10
- Elevated, man-made beach with volleyball net
- Seaside relaxation pavilion
- Furnished terrace offering direct access into the sea
Master suite 1
- Situated on ground level
- King Bed
- Sliding doors onto private terrace
- Ensuite bathroom with indoor and outdoor rain showers
Master suite 2
- Situated on the upper floor
- King bed
- Wraparound balcony
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower and freestanding bathtub
Guest suite 3
- Situated on the ground floor
- King bed that can be converted to twins
- Sliding doors onto private terrace
- Ensuite bathroom with indoor and outdoor rain showers
Guest suite 4
- Situated on the upper floor
- King bed
- Ensuite bathroom with rain shower
Villa Tirta Nila is located within the quiet and natural environs of Mendira Beach in the tiny fishing village of Sengkidu, three kilometres from Candisasa on Bali’s east coast. There is very little in the immediate area apart from a series of small beaches, coconut groves and banana plantations, and a traditional village and temple. It is safe for swimming here and the reef immediately in front of the villa offers good snorkelling. One kilometre up the lane are several hotels with restaurants and bars and a small sandy beach, which is safe for swimming. There is a charming collection of restaurants and simple souvenir shops in Candidasa.
Things to do
Your villa manager will typically have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any tour bookings for you. Do ask other members of staff about the local area too. Invariably some of them will live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of some of the activities on offer within reach of the villa:
- Twelve kilometres to the east of Candidasa, you will find the hidden beach of Pasir Putih, meaning ‘white sands.’ Fringed by a coconut grove and flanked by green headlands with a sheer cliff behind, you will feel like you have stepped back in time. The tranquil ambience, complete with the simple grass roofed eateries, is reminiscent of the Bali of the 1970s.
- If you would like to witness the marine life under the ocean without having to get wet, take a ‘Voyage of Fantasy’ in the Odyssey Submarine. Accommodating 36 passengers with 2 pilots, the submarine will transport you on an unforgettable journey to a depth of 20 metres under the sea to explore the colourful coral reef. This is a great activity for families with young children.
- The hiking around Candidasa is superb, and the villa staff can arrange for a local guide to escort you. At Bukit Asah near the village of Bug Bug, a gentle two-kilometre walk brings you to a hilltop outlook blessed with a beautiful panorama of the sea, the coastline and neighbouring islands. Longer hikes will take you through forested land and rice terraces. Along the way you will see many Balinese farmers working in their fields, and you can explore local villages.
- At the peaceful 700-year-old walled village of Tenganan, the residents practice a time-honoured lifestyle based around ritual and ceremony. Many of the houses function as shops and workshops where expert craftsmen and women perform their centuries’ old skills. Traditional ‘ata’ vine baskets are laid out in neat rows upon the ground, and artists display their lontar carved books. Inside the workshop homes, you can see and purchase the famous, highly valued double ikat textiles. The women will demonstrate the weaving process using small looms.
- The picturesque water palace of Taman Ujung was built in 1919 by the last Raja of Karangasem. Resting in the vast pool is a series of intriguing, romantic pavilions linked by bridges, archways, and a shaded avenue of mango and frangipani trees.
- Also built by the water-loving Raja is Tirta Gangga, a fabled maze of spine-tinglingy cold bathing pools and basins, spouts, tiered pagoda fountains, stone carvings and lush gardens showcasing a blend of Chinese and Balinese architecture.
- Many of the restaurants in Candidasa offer a free pick-up and drop-off transport service, including the wonderful Vincent’s, where you can relish romantic dining in a gorgeous garden, high quality international cuisine, superb service, cool and colourful artwork and lazy jazz music. La Rouge is another charming restaurant. Bali Asli is a restaurant and cooking school, near Amlapura. It is one of the island’s best, serving traditional Balinese food created from home-grown ingredients and cooked in an authentic Balinese-style kitchen on wood-fired, mud brick stoves, which allow the real flavours of Bali to shine.
- At the village of Jasri, visit the Sorga Chocolate Factory, where you can observe the entire chocolate-making process from the cacao fruit to the delicious organic chocolate bars and truffles. A tasting session is a must.
- The picturesque, natural harbour and village of Padangbai is the departure and arrival point for the car-ferries and fast boats to and from Lombok. Head up the hill above the car-ferry dock and you’ll find Bias Tugel Beach aka Pantai Kecil (the little beach, also known as Secret Beach), complete with a number of beachside warungs serving food and drinks. Accessing this gorgeous patch of paradise involves scrambling down a cliff path.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (14)
Laura H, United Kingdom, 29-Feb-2020 - 07-Mar-2020Tirta Nila is the perfect place to relax and unwind! As a group of 6 friends we found the house to be spacious and comfortable, with everything that was needed to make our stay memorable. The staff were extremely attentive and were available whenever needed. Exploring the coral reef at the bottom of the garden was an added bonus and definitely one of the highlights. All in all we had a fabulous time - staying at the villa made our first trip to Bali a wonderful experience! Thank you.
Nick N, Philippines, 08-Dec-2019 - 11-Dec-2019Thank you for taking care of us, for the past 4 days. You were an Amazing addition to our beautiful time in Bali. You guys gave us wonderful memories and we will always remember you. Thank you for the great food, the good company and your wonderful smiles!
Mark H, Australia, 28-Sep-2019 - 05-Oct-2019Tirta Nila is a paradise. Breathtaking views, delicious food, friendly staff, great location. 10/10 - would recommend - perfect for families looking to relax and quite close to tourist destinations. After staying for Tirta Nila for a week, I felt very relaxed and never wanted to leave. Candi Dasa offers an authentic Balinese style town on the coast and also near M Agung, I definitely would come back again if I had the chance. Everyone was lovely and friendly and were fantastic to talk to or play volleyball with.
Jessie F, Hong Kong, 12-Sep-2019 - 16-Sep-2019This is a beautiful sea front villa - bright, airy, spacious and above all immaculately clean and well maintained by the staff. The staff here are incredibly helpful and friendly - they really wanted to make sure we were well taken care of. The BBQ dinner is a must - delicious, well presented and definitely one of the highlights of the day. Thank you chef for cooking our delicious meals. The villa is well taken care of - sparkling clean. Facilities such as snorkeling equipment, beach balls,and chess, games are well prepared. You can spend the whole holiday here listening to the sound of the ocean and swimming in the infinity pool for days without the need to venture out.
Floris K, Indonesia, 22-Aug-2019 - 31-Aug-2019The arrival at the Villa was great - the staff gave us a very warm welcome. The villa is amazing and even beyond our expectations. It is built so private, exclusive and peaceful. The whole environment is so beautiful with the flowers, turtles and beach house of course. The infinity pool is amazing with the nice sunbeds. The food was also very nice. The staff surprised us with many Balinese dishes that were all very tasty. The villa is also very clean with AC-units in every room. We would like to thank the whole staff for this amazing stay.
Alison A, Australia, 18-Feb-2019 - 22-Feb-2019We have spent four fantastic nights at Tirta Nila. The location far surpassed expectations. As we walked through the front door and saw the view, we knew we had picked the right placed. The staff were very welcoming with a cold flannel plus fresh pineapple juice. All the rooms were beautifully appointed with plenty of space for all of our stuff. The staff were always there to help us when needed. We had planned to cook most meals ourselves, but the staff helped us prepare some of it. Breakfast were great. The pool was always clean plus we enjoyed long days there. There was some snorkel gear which we were able to use, and a volley ball court which we ran out of time to use. The staff were great at providing local information and organising in house facials and massages. Sumi was awesome with her help and knowledge and was an invaluable source of information - seemed to be here long days, but greatly appreciated. Vina, Eddy and Komang all were wonderful and attentive.
Marc M, United States, 25-Dec-2018 - 27-Dec-2018Thank you for a fabulous stay at Tirta Nila. Wonderful Staff, view, and beautiful, clean rooms make for a perfect relaxing time in Bali. We could not recommend it more and plan to come back during our next trip to Bali.
Sandra W, Australia, 07-Nov-2018 - 14-Nov-2018Wow, thank you so much to the amazing staff at Tirta Nila - you all went above and beyond our expectation and made our week truly special. Every little detail of our stay was extraordinary, thanks to you. We are so grateful you've made this Honeymoon a week that we will forever look back on with fondness. We can't wait to be back again soon.
Braxton N, Indonesia, 28-Oct-2018 - 02-Nov-2018I wish I could give this villa 10 stars. The villa is amazing, the view, the ocean, the cleanliness - everything is exactly how it appear in picture. I want to review the villa for the staff mostly as Sumi, Gusti and Umon (our driver) were beyond hospitable. The service and attention that they offered us was second to none. Such amazing people. My Husband and I stayed here for our Honeymoon and we pick the best place. This Villa is amazing and well worth the cost. We will definitely be back.
Sebastien P, France, 05-Aug-2018 - 15-Aug-2018Wonderful stay in this sumptuous Villa Tirta Nila, decorated with great taste. The team were very kind and helpful. We loved the food at the villa and especially the Balinese dishes. Many thanks for making our holiday an unforgettable one.
Suncica B, Indonesia, 08-Apr-2017 - 16-Apr-2017Tirta Nila is a special piece of paradise. On the ocean shore, private, elegant, luxurious, with tasty home-made meals prepared by wonderful team. They are very friendly, yet unobtrusive and here if you need them to help with anything - food choices or surprise wedding anniversary dinner. The house itself is splendid and offers an understated luxury with special touches of color and elegance, lush garden and flowers, marvelous pool, and your own coral reef just steps away in the ocean. Everything is exceptionally clean, every evening the staff sprays to keep the bugs out, so there were no mosquitoes around in spite of the lush garden and water fountains. What makes it even better is the team, their smiles, helpfulness, perfect mie goreng, smell of banana bread, breakfast in the bale, and smell of incense when the staff make offerings in the morning. We miss it and them already.
Rolf D, Indonesia, 03-Sep-2016 - 07-Sep-2016Wonderful luxury house with extremely helpful and lovely staff. Just paradise on earth, to recommend for everybody!
Jan D, Indonesia, 21-Apr-2016 - 01-May-2016A dream location you can not get in Europe with full staff. Very luxurious beach house, clean and quiet, with helpful staff that is only there if you ask for them so we had still our privacy. Bali is a busy island, coming back in the beach house was an oasis of peace and quiet. With the continuous sound of the waves and the birds. We had the time of our lives.
Lyn M, Indonesia, 22-Mar-2016 - 29-Mar-2016This villa will not disappoint. Have stayed in a few villas in Bali but this is by far the very best. Not one issue or complaint. The staff are amazing, friendly and cannot do enough for you. They cooked our daily breakfast and a few evening meals. These were really good and always plenty to eat. There is no need to leave. The pool is immaculate and the day rest just puts you to sleep. Rooms are very very clean. Highly recommend this place.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions