Des Indes I
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Cocooned within Seminyak’s exclusive Laksmana private villas, less than five minutes’ walk from the beach, is the sublime Des Indes I. This fully staffed, four-bedroom multi-pavilion residence is distinguished by its heritage joglo – a centuries’ old, elaborately carved teakwood building that was once the home of a Javanese aristocrat and now forms a palatial open-plan living pavilion. The two master bedroom pavilions are just as generously proportioned, with deep verandas, den/libraries, air-conditioned bathrooms and tropical garden showers, while the two guest suites occupy a separate two-storey pavilion. Every impeccably decorated room features colonial-era furniture, oriental carpets, heirloom artefacts and curios, heritage posters and original art – animated by an experienced team that includes butlers and an accomplished chef.
The pavilions encircle a 21-metre lagoon-style swimming pool at the centre of the villa’s mature tropical garden, edged with sun-loungers and parasols, and a traditional balé. Beyond the villa walls, the expanse of Petitenget Beach is barely five minutes’ walk away, along with some of Bali’s best-known establishments – among them Ku De Ta, Potato Head, Breeze at Samaya and La Lucciola.
Recline on a plantation chair with an espresso and good book. Follow a refreshing dip with a siesta in the garden balé. Sip a sunset cocktail prepared by your butler, then, after a candle-lit dinner prepared by your personal chef, retire to your romantic four-poster bed and sink into a deep restorative sleep.
Des Indes I is particularly suited to one or two families with older kids (though toddlers are welcome too), as well as groups of friends. While up to 12 guests may be accommodated within the villa, a further 14 guests can stay in Des Indes II in the same estate.
Portal to bygone era
Beautiful bathrooms and cosy den-libraries
Ideal for beach, restaurants and shops
Talented chef and charming staff
Lovely lagoon pool
"Thank you for such a wonderful relaxing stay. The villa is absolutely stunning and beautiful, the staff are so friendly and helpful. Attention to detail was great. Thanks."
Real time availability
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Avoid the crowds and book a private villa to holiday safely with your family. Elite Havens offers a guaranteed refund if travel is affected by the coronavirus. Book with confidence, book an elite haven.
We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario. So should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund or you can choose to move your stay within 12 months of your check-in date, in the same villa, for the same number of nights and in the same (or lower) season. Valid for new bookings from 19 February 2020 onwards.
Terms & conditions:
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 30-Apr-2020.
- Huge open-sided living pavilion – a centuries-old elaborately carved teakwood joglo full of antiques and artefacts
- Three separate seating areas
- Dining area with table for eight
- Bar pavilion with sit-up bar and butlers pantry, and a well-equipped kitchen behind
- 21-metre lagoon-style swimming pool, with sunken seating circling frangipani island
- Deeply cushioned traditional balé
- Sun-bathing lawn with loungers and parasols
- Verandas with table and seating outside each bedroom
Master Suites 1 & 2
- Each glamorous master bedroom suite occupies its own air-conditioned pavilion facing the pool
- Four-poster king-size bed with luxury cotton bedding
- Den/library with comfortable seating and desk
- Full width veranda with breakfast table, comfortable chairs and loungers
- 32-inch TV and selection of books
- Large dressing area
- Huge bathroom with statement bathtub, double basins, walk-in shower, and alfresco shower in courtyard garden
Guest Bedrooms 1 & 2
- Two air-conditioned bedrooms share a two-storey building
- Queen-size bed in ground floor room; twin beds in the upper room
- Seating in alcove doubles as extra bed (extra charge)
- 32-inch TV and selection of books
- Dressing area leading to air-conditioned bathroom with marble shower enclosure and (in the ground floor bathroom) a garden bathtub
- Veranda with seating
Villa Des Indes sits securely within the Laksmana Villas, an exclusive enclave right in the heart of Seminyak. The wide expanse of Petitenget Beach is just five minute’s walk away, as is legendary restaurant La Lucciola and sunset haven Breeze at The Samaya. A few more minutes’ walk brings you to the island’s most celebrated restaurants, including Ku De Ta, Metis, Mamasan and Sarong, as well as Seminyak’s many boutiques, lifestyle shops and spas. What a perfect spot!
Things to doDes Indes Villas’ manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Chat to the staff too; many have been attached to the villa for some time and are a great source of insider information. In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to , Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is Seminyak a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Petitenget, Merah Putih, Sardine and Métis.
- It’s possible to walk the sands of Seminyak’s Petitenget Beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beachside bars.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (9km) where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot, or try Old Man's – a more casual café across the road for alfresco all day dining
- Des Indes I is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot (18 km), although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions