Des Indes I
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Cocooned within Seminyak’s exclusive Laksmana private villas, less than five minutes’ walk from the beach, is the sublime Des Indes I. This fully staffed, four-bedroom multi-pavilion residence is distinguished by its heritage joglo – a centuries’ old, elaborately carved teakwood building that was once the home of a Javanese aristocrat and now forms a palatial open-plan living pavilion. The two master bedroom pavilions are just as generously proportioned, with deep verandas, den/libraries, air-conditioned bathrooms and tropical garden showers, while the two guest suites occupy a separate two-storey pavilion. Every impeccably decorated room features colonial-era furniture, oriental carpets, heirloom artefacts and curios, heritage posters and original art – animated by an experienced team that includes butlers and an accomplished chef.
The pavilions encircle a 21-metre lagoon-style swimming pool at the centre of the villa’s mature tropical garden, edged with sun-loungers and parasols, and a traditional balé. Beyond the villa walls, the expanse of Petitenget Beach is barely five minutes’ walk away, along with some of Bali’s best-known establishments – among them Potato Head, Breeze at Samaya and La Lucciola.
Recline on a plantation chair with an espresso and good book. Follow a refreshing dip with a siesta in the garden balé. Sip a sunset cocktail prepared by your butler, then, after a candle-lit dinner prepared by your personal chef, retire to your romantic four-poster bed and sink into a deep restorative sleep.
Des Indes I is particularly suited to one or two families with older kids (though toddlers are welcome too), as well as groups of friends. While up to 12 guests may be accommodated within the villa, a further 14 guests can stay in Des Indes II in the same estate.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Villa Des Indes sits securely within the Laksmana Villas, an exclusive enclave right in the heart of Seminyak. The wide expanse of Petitenget Beach is just five minute’s walk away, as is legendary restaurant La Lucciola and sunset haven Breeze at The Samaya. A few more minutes’ walk brings you to the island’s most celebrated restaurants, including Metis, Mexicola, Mamasan and Sarong, as well as Seminyak’s many boutiques, lifestyle shops and spas. What a perfect spot!More information for Things to do
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Mama San, Petitenget, Sardine and Métis.
- It’s possible to walk the sands of Seminyak’s Petitenget Beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beachside bars.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (9km) where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot, or try Old Man's – a more casual café across the road for alfresco all day dining
- Des Indes I is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot (18 km), although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Huge open-sided living pavilion – a centuries-old elaborately carved teakwood joglo full of antiques and artefacts
- Three separate seating areas
- Dining area with table for eight
- Bar pavilion with sit-up bar and butlers pantry, and a well-equipped kitchen behind
- 21-metre lagoon-style swimming pool, with sunken seating circling frangipani island
- Deeply cushioned traditional balé
- Sun-bathing lawn with loungers and parasols
- Verandas with table and seating outside each bedroom
Master Suites 1 & 2
- Each glamorous master bedroom suite occupies its own air-conditioned pavilion facing the pool
- Four-poster king-size bed with luxury cotton bedding
- Den/library with comfortable seating and desk
- Full width veranda with breakfast table, comfortable chairs and loungers
- 32-inch TV and selection of books
- Large dressing area
- Huge bathroom with statement bathtub, double basins, walk-in shower, and alfresco shower in courtyard garden
Guest Bedrooms 1 & 2
- Two air-conditioned bedrooms share a two-storey building
- Queen-size bed in ground floor room; twin beds in the upper room
- Seating in alcove doubles as extra bed (extra charge)
- 32-inch TV and selection of books
- Dressing area leading to air-conditioned bathroom with marble shower enclosure and (in the ground floor bathroom) a garden bathtub
- Veranda with seating
Des Indes I’s competent and charming chef is on hand to prepare daily breakfast (included in the rate), as well as lunch and dinner on request. The varied and reasonably priced menu of Indonesian, Asian and Western dishes caters to all tastes – everything from scrumptious salads and fresh-from-the-sea fish to tenderloin steak and cocktail tapas. The chef happily cooks off-menu dishes according to guests’ requirements, and can tailor meals to accommodate any special dietary requirements. If you would like to host a dinner party while in residence, the chef can prepare a gourmet meal for up to 25 guests. (Off-menu groceries and beverages will be charged at cost plus 10.5% tax and 5% service.) The chef’s private in-villa cooking classes are also very popular with our guests.View a sample menu
To all of the staff who helped look after us all, including the two little girls. The staff, complex and amenities were 5 star and they helped organizing anything promptly and efficiently. We had a fabulous time using all the facilities. Thanks for a great holiday at Villa Des Indes I.01-May-2022 - 04-May-2022 Michael R
Thank you for such a wonderful relaxing stay. The villa is absolutely stunning and beautiful, the staff are so friendly and helpful. Attention to detail was great. Thanks.18-Jan-2020 - 23-Jan-2020 Cassin P
Thank you to all the staff at the villa. It is truly service with a smile apart from being highly attentive, gracious and efficient. Nothing was too much trouble, a huge thank you for this lovely attitude. The setting for the villa is beautiful, the interior design is exquisite. We wish you all the very best and look forward to meeting you again in the future.28-Dec-2019 - 04-Jan-2020 Tina R
It was a very lovely experience with very friendly and attentive staff. When you walk in it just looks absolutely beautiful. Loved spending Christmas here. It was the best holiday ever. And the staff are always so pleasant with smile. Truly a very memorable.21-Dec-2019 - 28-Dec-2019 Kingsley F
I could not imagine how wonderful it would be to stay at Des Indes with all of my family, the staff were amazing. Thank you so much for having all of us. Service was exceptional.07-Dec-2019 - 14-Dec-2019 Emma M
As our stay come to an end, I honestly can say we are leaving with a big smile. Amazing villa, amazing staff, cleanliness, welcoming and caring all in one, always smiling and that the most important thing in life. Thank you so much to all the staff.21-Sep-2019 - 26-Sep-2019 Andrew H
Thank you for a wonderful stay. The team is amazing. We will be back someday.17-Aug-2019 - 25-Aug-2019 Melissa P
United Arab Emirates
A day I will forever cherish in Bali. The venue is absolutely marvelous and the staff are the best ever - so professional and gave us excellent service. See you again soon.27-Jul-2019 - 01-Aug-2019 Denise G
We all enjoyed the serenity and beauty of Villa Des Indes. A great lay out and well maintained. This is a little oasis of calm. Super well located for all restaurants and shops, could not be better situated. Friendly staff who all did their genuine best to make us feel well looked after. Thank you for your kindness and hospitality.20-Jul-2019 - 27-Jul-2019 Casson C
What a beautiful villa and lovely staff. Thank you to all the staff, we had a wonderful time. Villa Des Indes I is a peaceful retreat in the heart of Seminyak, we loved coming home to a smiling face and a cold Bintang. We appreciated being treated like a kings and queens for a week. We all looking forward to seeing you all again soon.06-Jul-2019 - 13-Jul-2019 Ashley M
What an amazing place and great staff. Service was exceptional and we will be back.26-May-2019 - 05-Jun-2019 Rachael S
I would like to say that the team at Villa Des Indes was exceptional and meeting all our needs. The villa is beautifully appointed and truly luxurious. We are all very sad to leave.18-May-2019 - 25-May-2019 Vivian B
Had a wonderful time at Des Indes. The staff are incredibly helpful and attentive to all details. Thank you for making our stay so brilliant.24-Apr-2019 - 29-Apr-2019 Andrey K
You were all so wonderful. Thank you for a wonderful and amazing stay. Your hospitality, kindest and attentiveness to all of us was really appreciated. Will definitely recommend this villa.12-Apr-2019 - 19-Apr-2019 Gracanin Q
What an amazing experience, loved every minute of our stay. Most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, most accommodating staff. Such a fabulous place, so comfortable, so clean and couldn't have asked for more. Thank you to all of the wonderful staff for looking after us.28-Mar-2019 - 01-Apr-2019 Tim S
We had an amazing time in this villa. Villa is absolutely beautiful, very tastefully decorated. Thank you for the wonderful service and for making our stay comfortable.23-Mar-2019 - 26-Mar-2019 Khushboo J
Thanks for your hospitality and great service that all the staff have provided to our family holiday. We will endeavor to spread the word about Des Indes I. We have really enjoyed the professional service and we will return.05-Jan-2019 - 12-Jan-2019 Betty C
We just had a wonderful stay and a magical trip here. The villa is utterly breathtaking and beautiful, staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and homey. Personal and heart felt service. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay so fabulous and memorable.27-Dec-2018 - 03-Jan-2019 Anthony H
Thank you so much to all of the Des Indes staff. You have been amazing and made our stay such a pleasure. The service and friendliness has been incredible. Your attention to details and warm friendliness have made our stay so pleasant.29-Oct-2018 - 03-Nov-2018 Jen L
We were a group of 5 people and the villa is one of the best places we have ever stayed at. Spotlessly clean, the most hospitable staff, spacious, beautiful. All of your staff kept up with our needs and requirements even at late hours with a smile. Thank you for making our short stay a memorable one. Looking forward to visiting again soon.20-Oct-2018 - 22-Oct-2018 Nitin B
Had enjoyable stay in these beautiful villas. We were very well looked after by the fabulous staff. Thank you for everything.02-Oct-2018 - 08-Oct-2018 Kirsten B
Thank you for looking after us so well during our stay, we love Des Indes Villas and your hospitality was amazing.01-Sep-2018 - 09-Sep-2018 Ben H
Many thanks to the wonderful staff at villa Des Indes who were always happy to please a chat. We have loved our stay here and will recommend to family and friends. Cannot wait to visit again soon.21-Jul-2018 - 27-Jul-2018 Lee M
Facilities first class, staff very very good and excellent service. Our family have stayed at villa Des Indes three times and all are excellent.14-Jul-2018 - 21-Jul-2018 Cordell K
Words can not explain, what a wonderful time we have had. I thoroughly enjoyed Villa Des Indes - clean, beautiful decor and plenty of space to relax. The wonderful staff were kind, attentive and thoughtful. They made us feel like family, always checking on our needs and all done with a smile. Thanks for the experience of a life time.16-Jun-2018 - 24-Jun-2018 Graham C
Thank you for a great time. Beautiful villa and excellent staff. We will be back.09-Jun-2018 - 16-Jun-2018 Manal S
Des Indes I and II you are amazing. Your attention to detail and your kindness to us all has been awesome. We had a fabulous trip, no request was too much and we can not wait to return. What an amazing place.31-May-2018 - 05-Jun-2018 Belinda S
What a magical name for a magical place. Palm trees, sun, water and yoga. We had a taste of paradise for 4 days. Can't wait to come back here again. We experienced the wonderful Bali and the hospitality of the Balinese again.27-Oct-2017 - 30-Oct-2017 Yvonne C
Fantastic villa! Superb service. We had a great time and look forward to come back again. All facilities are good and very well maintained. Lovely interiors, great for kids and nice location. Special mention to the staff who took great care of us.14-Oct-2017 - 17-Oct-2017 Ketaki N
I loved the pool and the room and the food was awesome. I loved my stay, thank you for having us.05-Oct-2017 - 08-Oct-2017 Chris G
United Arab Emirates
You have made my 70th birthday holiday the most memorable experience of my 70 years. You have met all our requests with a smile, and your hospitality is second to none. This is my seventh heaven here on earth. I will be back06-Sep-2017 - 09-Sep-2017 Mark R
Thanks for a great few days. The service and food was excellent. Breakfast was also good, the few dinners we had at home were exceptional.31-Aug-2017 - 03-Sep-2017 Chung M
Thank you for amazing stay. You make sure that we all were comfortable and managed to keep all of us happy which is quite a task. Thank you so much for an amazing holiday.25-Aug-2017 - 30-Aug-2017 Gautam V
United Arab Emirates
We had such a great time in Des Indes. It's A beautiful villa filled with lovely staff who took care of us so well. Thank you so much for everything.07-Jul-2017 - 17-Jul-2017 Mark L
Fantastic villa and awesome staff took good care of us through our stay. Service was great and our stay was absolutely relaxing. Thank you all and we will back again.27-Jun-2017 - 01-Jul-2017 Peter A
We love this villa so much. Thanks for having us here. The staff are so lovely too.15-Jun-2017 - 17-Jun-2017 Julian B
What a Beautiful Place! Thanks to the wonderful staff for their kindness and friendliness. Such amazingly appointed villas, it was a delight to stay here.25-May-2017 - 01-Jun-2017 Bruce A
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service