Villa Mandalay Dua
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A scenic villa with paddy views, Villa Mandalay Dua is a quiet and peaceful haven for those looking to immerse themselves in Bali’s lush countryside. There’s no distraction here, no honking of cars or the cacophony of loud music - just birdsong and the quiet twinkling of stars on a dark night.
The villa is built over multiple pavilions, with the main pavilion hosting the living and dining room on its ground level. Sliding glass doors roll back to reveal an enticing pool and allow the sea breeze in. A comfortable lounge takes up one corner of the room, with cushioned wooden sofas arranged around a flat-screen television. The large dining table can accommodate up to 10 guests and adjoins an open kitchen with a breakfast island surrounded by bar stools. The room has a very earthy feel, using local materials like stone, wood and straw.
The jewel in Villa Mandalay Dua’s crown, the master bedroom, takes up the entire upper level of the main pavilion, boasting enviable views from its private balcony and a sense of privacy. The guest bedrooms too have been laid out with guests’ privacy in mind, with two of them sharing a separate poolside pavilion and the last one located near the entrance, with garden views.
Evenings are a relaxed affair at Villa Mandalay Dua, sipping a cup of coffee on the covered veranda outside the living room or sundowners by the pool. A private putting course in the lower gardens keeps the family busy, while the team of staff ensures that everything is in order. Delicious meals can be prepared by the private chef who is adept at western, Asian and local cuisines (extra charges apply).
The villa can be booked separately or in conjunction with its neighbouring Villa Mandalay, offering a total of 11 bedrooms to accommodate up to 22 guests. Tanah Lot Sea Temple is merely 10 minutes away and a car with driver can be hired on request, should you want to sightsee. But with a villa as lovely as Villa Mandalay Dua, chances are that you will rarely wish to leave its peaceful compound.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Mandalay Villas boast an unbeatable rural setting but are within a very easy (10 minute) drive of Canggu - Bali’s hottest and hippest haunt. The villas look across acres of rice fields, unchanged for centuries, and onwards towards the glinting Indian Ocean, just 3km away. A scenic stroll or short drive will bring you to the black sands of Seseh Beach and the iconic Tanah Lot Sea Temple. As well as the many new cafés, beach bars, restaurants and boutiques of Canggu, cosmopolitan Seminyak is just 13km from the villa. A car and driver is available to guests at a reasonable daily rate.More information for Things to do
Mandalay Villas’ manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villas.
Mandalay Villas are close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot (8km), a beautiful temple set on a rocky, wave battered island just metres off the beach. In peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Villa Mandalay is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot (8km), a beautiful temple set on a rocky, wave battered island just metres off the beach. In peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (6km) where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer, including famous nightly barbecue at Echo Beach House. Note that the beach here is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast was created by one of Indonesia’s premier art collectors, and provides a range of atmospheric dining experiences.
- Horseriding at Kuda P stables on professionally trained horses and ponies will take you through the lush rice terraces around Kerobokan, or provide the chance for a sunset gallop through the surf along the rugged south-western coast.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave (6km). Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Mama San, Sardine and Métis.
- Explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Acclaimed as the world’s best, the atmospheric Elephant Safari Park in Taro (north of Ubud) provides a sanctuary for elephants rescued from Sumatra, with opportunities for trekking, hand feeding, and photo taking. There is also a fascinating museum and an excellent restaurant in a beautiful tropical setting deep in the forests of Bali’s hinterland.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- An open-plan living room with artistic, unfinished stone flooring and sliding glass doors
- Bench-style cushioned sofas arranged around a coffee table and a large flat-screen, mounted television
- Large, wooden dining table for 10 guests
- Modern, fully equipped kitchen with a large breakfast island and bar stools around it
- The room has been crafted using natural materials like stone, wood and straw, and the abundance of natural light owing to the sliding doors makes it a cheery space
- A covered veranda outside the living room, dotted with cushioned chairs and large potted plants
- Manicured lawns leading down to a garden path and a connecting door to access the neighbouring Villa Mandalay
- A long, rectangular swimming pool with relaxing sun loungers lined up alongside
- A thatched balé with pool and paddy views, a blissful spot for open-air massages or alfresco meals
- A long, covered veranda in front of the guest bedroom pavilion, ideal for a little me-time
- Private balcony in front of the master bedroom on the first floor, with enviable views of rice fields
- Access to a pitch and putt golf course on the lower gardens
- Located above the living and dining room in the main pavilion, accessible via a staircase
- Wooden flooring, air conditioning and ceiling fans for added comfort
- King-size bed positioned to face the green rice fields beyond the compound
- Flat-screen TV equipped with DVD player
- Personal patio in front, with enviable views of Uluwatu Cliff
- The bedhead window has views of Batur Mountain
- Ensuite bathroom with stone flooring and a separate shower cubicle
Guest Bedrooms 1 & 2
- Located in a separate pavilion by the pool, built as identical replicas
- Sharing a common veranda in front and looking out towards the lawn and the pool
- King-size beds and wooden artefacts to make the rooms homely
- Great attention to detail, with vivid art on the walls and locally-sourced rugs covering the floor
- Flat-screen TVs equipped with DVD player
- Ensuite bathrooms with all amenities
Guest Bedroom 3
- Enjoying maximum privacy being located close to the entrance, with easy exit from the villa
- Looking out towards a private, green backyard
- A partition within the room which allows the bed to be positioned for optimal views
- Air conditioned comfort plus a ceiling fan
- Flat-screen TV equipped with DVD player
- Ensuite bathroom with plenty of storage space
Complimentary continental breakfast is served daily in your villa. For lunch and dinner, you will enjoy exploring Bali’s famed gourmet scene by sampling from a vast array of excellent restaurants and cafes. With so many options in the vicinity, you are truly spoilt for choice.
Should you prefer to dine within the comfort of your villa, the staff can arrange for food to be delivered from your choice of restaurant, and served with flair at the formal dining table, in an alfresco setting.
For something special, the Elite Concierge can organise a private chef experience wherein a professional chef will cook up a Balinese feast, barbecue or custom gourmet lunch or dinner in the villa (extra charge). It is advisable to plan meals ahead to allow adequate time for the chef to prepare. The staff will then undertake the grocery shopping, visiting the local markets and specialty food shops in Seminyak. Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus 20% handling fee (subject to tax and service charge), and staff will keep all receipts for reference. Guests are kindly requested to provide the manager with grocery money in advance.View a sample menu
Had a fabulous time with friends 20th year reunion. The hosts were very courteous, accommodating and looked after all our needs really well. The property and facilities are amazing. Looking forward to returning to make more memories in future.10-Sep-2022 - 15-Sep-2022 Ekant P
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service