The Layar - four bedroom villa
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
If you’re seeking that elusive fusion of high-tech architecture, cool design aesthetic and hot location, The Layar is sure to set your pulse racing.
Seminyak’s brightest new star, The Layar features distinctive pitched roofs that taper dramatically to the ground like the triangular rigging of traditional fishing boats – hence the nautically inspired name (Layar is Indonesian for sails). These steeply sloping geometric roof planes combine with curved and angled walls to create exciting light-filled split-level open spaces that flow seamlessly across the pool into the garden. This is truly open-plan tropical living at its best!
The Layar is run as a boutique hotel, with staff taking care of 23 villas – each set in its very own private garden in an elevated setting that creates a sense of openness and space that’s rare in this most popular of Bali’s resort areas. Villa 5 is the largest of The Layar villas; a magnificent four-bedroom residence designed for entertaining with spacious living and dining areas, a mezzanine media room, and a dining deck with barbecue station by the sail-shaped swimming pool. Within the main building are three guest bedrooms – each with garden views and elegant bathrooms. The master bedroom suite resides in complete privacy beyond the pool. Guests enjoy the attentions of their own butler to complement the resort’s large professional team, and also have their own spa room as well as a garden jacuzzi. While the villa has its own well-equipped kitchen (complete with wine fridge), there’s an excellent room service menu, and guests can also book a chef for a sumptuous poolside seafood barbecue or opt to dine at the fabulous Italian Restaurant, Settimo Cielo perched at the front of the estate.
With its dynamic design, five-star service and stand-out location, the Layar will appeal to design-savvy families and groups of friends who appreciate the privacy and luxury of their own villa while relishing the accessibility of Bali’s best restaurants, bars, shops and surf breaks just a short stroll away.
Enviable central Seminyak location
Colourful, mature gardens
Masses of space – outside and in
Wonderful, homely feel
"Gorgeous villa and grounds, ideal place to relax in the centre of town."
Rates and availability
Travel less, stay longer & save more
Travel less, stay longer & save moreStay safe at The Layar in luxuriously appointed private villas boasting cutting-edge architecture and exclusive use of facilities. Enjoy up to 50% off on villa rates during low season for stays from 2 January until 31 March 2021. All stays include daily complimentary breakfast served in-villa.Special monthly rates start from USD 1,750 net for a one-bedroom villa; USD 2,500 net for a two-bedroom villa; and USD 3,500 net for a three-bedroom villa. Available from 2 January until 31 March 2021. Enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. Monthly rates are available upon request and availability.We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current scenario. Should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory needs you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund of the amount paid or a credit for the amount paid that can be used within twelve months of your check-in date, in the same villa, subject to availability.
Terms and conditions:- Up to 50% off on villa rates during low season- Valid on new bookings received from 2 January 2021 onwards, for stays from 2 January until 31 March 2021- Offer is valid for a limited time only- Daily breakfast for all guests staying at the villa- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers- Minimum night requirements apply- Enquire at email@example.com for further details on our special monthly rates- Monthly rates do not include breakfast- Housekeeping service three times a week- No room service available- The Layar's restaurant - Settimo Cielo - is currently closed- Turndown service is currently unavailable
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 90 days in advance.*
- Open-plan living room with teakwood sofa and coffee table
- Elevated indoor dining area seats eight
- Satellite TVs with DVD/CD players
- Fitted kitchen with breakfast bar
- Large swimming pool with shallow area for lounging
- Lawns fringed by spacious private tropical garden
- Double sun-loungers on timber pool deck
- King-size beds in 3 rooms; twins in 1 room
- Satellite TVs with DVD/CD players
- Stylish seating areas
- Sliding doors opening to pool decks
- Decadent bathrooms with twin vanities and foliage-fringed showers
- Stone bathtubs in pebbled-filled courtyard gardens
The Layar is an exclusive residential enclave set well back from a quiet road a short stroll from Jalan Laksmana, Seminyak’s culinary and fashion epi-centre. Bali’s best-known restaurants are all within easy walking distance, as are boutiques, galleries, gourmet shops and homeware stores. And mere moments away is the sweep of sandy Petitenget Beach, famed for its surf breaks and sunset bars.
Things to do
Staff at The Layar will have a wealth of information about places of interest, both locally and island-wide, and will be happy to help arrange transport and make any restaurant reservations or tour bookings. Many of the team will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of The Layar.
- You could eat out at a different restaurant in Seminyak every night – for months – and still not run out of options. Jalan Laksmana (also known as Jalan Oberoi and Jalan Kayu Aya) is Bali’s fashionable ‘Eat Street’, offering plenty of high-end restaurants including Sarong and Nutmegs at Hu’u Bar. La Lucciola Restaurant is great for sunset drinks, as is The Breeze at The Samaya. While Ku Dé Ta is still the place to see and be seen, two new beachclubs, Cocoon and Potato Head, are classy seaside alternatives. Then there’s La Plancha, a rustic beach bar between Double Six and Gado Gado, very popular, good tapas, very reasonably priced drinks, with live music and DJ events. A short taxi ride will bring you to Sardine, Métis and Naughty Nuri's, famous for barbecue ribs and wicked Martinis.
- Shop til you drop! In Seminyak and neighbouring Kerobokan you can rummage for treasures through cluttered little stores and dark junkshops crammed to the ceiling with curios and made-to-order ‘antiques’, derive inspiration from classy homeware shops, or wander through huge furniture warehouses. In Jalan Laksmana (Eat Street) you can shop between courses! Boutiques include Paul Ropp, Biasa, Magali Pascal, Anouck, Lily Jean, Bamboo Blond, Dinda Rella, Innuendo, Religion, Body & Soul, Buddha Wear, M. Harcourt, Pura Vida, and Uma & Leopold to name but a few. Kids fashion stores include Kidsagogo and Kiki’s Closet. For art lovers, galleries worth visiting in Seminyak include Randelli Gallery, Biasa and Kendra.
- It’s possible to walk the sands of Seminyak’s Petitenget beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beachside bars.
- Pura Petitenget at the beachside off Jalan Petitenget is a compact, pretty Balinese temple, which is known for particularly spectacular beachside ceremonies. There has been a temple here since at least the 16th century, and although this is not one of the key nine directional temples of Bali, it is an important link in the series of west coast temples between Pura Uluwatu and Pura Tanah Lot.
- Make a pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests (and watch out for the monkeys, who are very adept at helping themselves to anything from snacks to sunglasses and even cameras!)
- Play a round of golf at the well-laid out 18-hole Bali Beach Golf Course or go further afield to Kuta for the 85-hectare New Kuta Golf for a natural desert-like landscape and fantastic view.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round surf season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks, and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world-renowned.
- Hire a bicycle and explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Discover Bali’s lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (11)
Hamish M, Australia, 05-Jul-2016 - 08-Jul-2016Gorgeous villa and grounds, ideal place to relax in the centre of town.
Krystal L, Taiwan, 05-May-2016 - 07-May-2016Awesome!
Devyn D, Australia, 19-Apr-2016 - 26-Apr-2016Great stay - location was a little further out than we were expecting however the buggy down to Seminyak Square was a great way to travel. Villas were super quiet - with only staff coming in to clean or deliver food. Breakfasts were absolutely fabulous.
Metteline P, Singapore, 19-Feb-2016 - 23-Feb-2016Lovely villa suitable for group of friends or family. We enjoyed the large space and had a wonderful and relaxing holiday.
Krystal A, , 16-Jan-2016 - 18-Jan-2016We enjoyed a relaxing and tranquil stay in the 4 bedroom villa. Beautifully appointed with stylish indoor and outdoor living areas - the Villa was well equipped and afforded our family fun times to enjoy around the private pool. The location is ideal and central to some terrific restaurants and bars and boutique shops. We would definitely recommend the Layar to our friends and family.
Paul H, Indonesia, 30-May-2015 - 09-Jun-2015WOW We booked a 3 and 4 bedroom villa, staying with 14 family and friends, the villas met all expectations and then some, villas were beautifully presented, cleaned everyday, the pool was stunning and thankfully refreshing, and the staff at the Layar were great, location was perfect, you are far away from the madness out on the street, but only a short walk to all the bars and restaurants, would certainly recommend the Layar to anyone. Paul hogarth.
Linda W, Australia, 11-Apr-2015 - 21-Apr-2015I felt like I was in heaven from the minute I stepped into Villa 5 (4 Bed Villa) at The Layer. My husband & I were in the Master Bedroom, that is seperate to the Main Villa, which meant we had our own little private hideaway.Apart from the 3 bedrooms & ensuites in the Main Villa, there was a magnificent TV room, with wrap around lounge. The kitchen was well equiped, the dining table very comfortably accommodated our large family. Also has it's own massage room with shower & toilet, that was handy for when we were out by the pool. Most of our entertaining was out by the Pool & Spa.The Garden/ Pool area set in a lush garden setting, can only be described as Paradise. The staff were absolutely amazing, if ever we needed anything, they were at the Villa within seconds to accomodate our request.They serviced the Villa, Pool & Gardens daily & all staff were always happy & friendly. The breakfast provided was amazing with the staff coming in at the requested time & setting everything up & then coming back to clear away. Also would like to mention we utilised room service for lunch & sometimes afternoon snacks, prices were very reasonable & again meals magnificent. I thoroughly recommend staying at The Layar especially at Villa 5.A very memorable experience.
Kris H, Australia, 18-Mar-2015 - 22-Mar-2015Given the relatively higher price of these villas, we had very high expectations of the accommodations, amenities and staff. Pleasingly, these expectations were not only met, but significantly exceeded. I am not prone to exaggeration either!! Outstanding villas, with truly helpful staff. There are a multitude of villas in Bali and it is often difficult to discern which offers the best value. We have stayed at some others, and researched many more. Let me save you the time and risk. Layar Villas are the only way to go (on the proviso you are pitching in that upper price range) Kris
Luke C, Australia, 06-Mar-2015 - 12-Mar-2015Absolute 5 star facilities. Great location in Seminyak, and very friendly staff. Our villa handled two families and five children with ease.
Luisa Yustina Halim, Malaysia, 04-Mar-2015 - 06-Mar-2015Me and bunch of friends went there for a short break and The Layar has it all. The rooms are perfect and let me not start with the bathroom. It was so spacious that you can dance around and have your bath with peace. The swimming pool itself is also a big temptation for everyone to jump in right after check in. We couldn't handle the aqua color pool. As for the butler service is very helpful since we were travelling with little kid,so there are some menu that needs to be adjusted to suit little kid taste bud. I can't say anymore but perfection.
Anne Suttie , Indonesia, 12-Nov-2014 - 22-Nov-2014Fantastic architecture - modern but classic Balinese style. Friendly and helpful staff. Beautiful gardens. Can't wait to return!
Last viewed villas