The Layar - four bedroom villa
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
If you’re seeking that elusive fusion of high-tech architecture, cool design aesthetic and hot location, The Layar is sure to set your pulse racing.
Seminyak’s brightest new star, The Layar features distinctive pitched roofs that taper dramatically to the ground like the triangular rigging of traditional fishing boats – hence the nautically inspired name (Layar is Indonesian for sails). These steeply sloping geometric roof planes combine with curved and angled walls to create exciting light-filled split-level open spaces that flow seamlessly across the pool into the garden. This is truly open-plan tropical living at its best!
The Layar is run as a boutique hotel, with staff taking care of 23 villas – each set in its very own private garden in an elevated setting that creates a sense of openness and space that’s rare in this most popular of Bali’s resort areas. Villa 5 is the largest of The Layar villas; a magnificent four-bedroom residence designed for entertaining with spacious living and dining areas, a mezzanine media room, and a dining deck with barbecue station by the sail-shaped swimming pool. Within the main building are three guest bedrooms – each with garden views and elegant bathrooms. The master bedroom suite resides in complete privacy beyond the pool. Guests enjoy the attentions of their own butler to complement the resort’s large professional team, and also have their own spa room as well as a garden jacuzzi. While the villa has its own well-equipped kitchen (complete with wine fridge), there’s an excellent room service menu, and guests can also book a chef for a sumptuous poolside seafood barbecue or opt to dine at the fabulous Italian Restaurant, Settimo Cielo perched at the front of the estate.
With its dynamic design, five-star service and stand-out location, the Layar will appeal to design-savvy families and groups of friends who appreciate the privacy and luxury of their own villa while relishing the accessibility of Bali’s best restaurants, bars, shops and surf breaks just a short stroll away.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
The Layar is an exclusive residential enclave set well back from a quiet road a short stroll from Jalan Laksmana, Seminyak’s culinary and fashion epi-centre. Bali’s best-known restaurants are all within easy walking distance, as are boutiques, galleries, gourmet shops and homeware stores. And mere moments away is the sweep of sandy Petitenget Beach, famed for its surf breaks and sunset bars.More information for Things to do
Staff at The Layar will have a wealth of information about places of interest, both locally and island-wide, and will be happy to help arrange transport and make any restaurant reservations or tour bookings. Many of the team will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of The Layar.
- You could eat out at a different restaurant in Seminyak every night – for months – and still not run out of options. Jalan Laksmana (also known as Jalan Oberoi and Jalan Kayu Aya) is Bali’s fashionable ‘Eat Street’, offering plenty of high-end restaurants including Nutmegs at Hu’u Bar. The Breeze at The Samaya are great for sunset drinks. Two new beachclubs, Cocoon and Potato Head, are classy seaside alternatives. Then there’s La Plancha, a rustic beach bar between Double Six and Gado Gado, very popular, good tapas, very reasonably priced drinks, with live music and DJ events. A short taxi ride will bring you to Sardine, Métis and Naughty Nuri's, famous for barbecue ribs and wicked Martinis.
- Shop til you drop! In Seminyak and neighbouring Kerobokan you can rummage for treasures through cluttered little stores and dark junkshops crammed to the ceiling with curios and made-to-order ‘antiques’, derive inspiration from classy homeware shops, or wander through huge furniture warehouses. In Jalan Laksmana (Eat Street) you can shop between courses! Boutiques include Paul Ropp, Biasa, Magali Pascal, Anouck, Lily Jean, Bamboo Blond, Dinda Rella, Innuendo, Religion, Body & Soul, Buddha Wear, M. Harcourt, Pura Vida, and Uma & Leopold to name but a few. Kids fashion stores include Kidsagogo and Kiki’s Closet. For art lovers, galleries worth visiting in Seminyak include Randelli Gallery, Biasa and Kendra.
- It’s possible to walk the sands of Seminyak’s Petitenget beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beachside bars.
- Pura Petitenget at the beachside off Jalan Petitenget is a compact, pretty Balinese temple, which is known for particularly spectacular beachside ceremonies. There has been a temple here since at least the 16th century, and although this is not one of the key nine directional temples of Bali, it is an important link in the series of west coast temples between Pura Uluwatu and Pura Tanah Lot.
- Make a pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests (and watch out for the monkeys, who are very adept at helping themselves to anything from snacks to sunglasses and even cameras!)
- Play a round of golf at the well-laid out 18-hole Bali Beach Golf Course or go further afield to Kuta for the 85-hectare New Kuta Golf for a natural desert-like landscape and fantastic view.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round surf season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks, and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world-renowned.
- Hire a bicycle and explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Discover Bali’s lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Open-plan living room with teakwood sofa and coffee table
- Elevated indoor dining area seats eight
- Satellite TVs with DVD/CD players
- Fitted kitchen with breakfast bar
- Large swimming pool with shallow area for lounging
- Lawns fringed by spacious private tropical garden
- Double sun-loungers on timber pool deck
- King-size beds in 3 rooms; twins in 1 room
- Satellite TVs with DVD/CD players
- Stylish seating areas
- Sliding doors opening to pool decks
- Decadent bathrooms with twin vanities and foliage-fringed showers
- Stone bathtubs in pebbled-filled courtyard gardens
Good food, effortlessly provided and gracefully served, is key to a relaxing and rewarding holiday experience.
Guests at The Layar can enjoy delicious food all day long, with a breakfast menu available from 7am to 11am and an extensive in-villa menu available from 11am to 10pm. Simple favourites such as pizzas and burgers sit alongside more delectable dishes such as crudo of yellow fin tuna, and rabbit and porchini pappardelle. Kids are well looked after too, with their own menu.
Particularly popular are The Layar’s private barbecue dinners – prepared, cooked and served at sunset in your villa garden. Guests also have the option of engaging a private chef who will design a special menu for them to enjoy ‘at home’ in the villa.View a sample menu
The best place to stay for privacy in a luxurious villa and location is close to all the best day clubs.02-Jan-2023 - 10-Jan-2023 Jean Philippe V
Gorgeous villa and grounds, ideal place to relax in the centre of town.05-Jul-2016 - 08-Jul-2016 Hamish M
Awesome!05-May-2016 - 07-May-2016 Krystal L
Great stay - location was a little further out than we were expecting however the buggy down to Seminyak Square was a great way to travel. Villas were super quiet - with only staff coming in to clean or deliver food. Breakfasts were absolutely fabulous.19-Apr-2016 - 26-Apr-2016 Devyn D
Lovely villa suitable for group of friends or family. We enjoyed the large space and had a wonderful and relaxing holiday.19-Feb-2016 - 23-Feb-2016 Metteline P
We enjoyed a relaxing and tranquil stay in the 4 bedroom villa. Beautifully appointed with stylish indoor and outdoor living areas - the Villa was well equipped and afforded our family fun times to enjoy around the private pool. The location is ideal and central to some terrific restaurants and bars and boutique shops. We would definitely recommend the Layar to our friends and family.16-Jan-2016 - 18-Jan-2016 Krystal A
Absolute 5 star facilities. Great location in Seminyak, and very friendly staff. Our villa handled two families and five children with ease.06-Mar-2015 - 12-Mar-2015 Luke C
Fantastic architecture - modern but classic Balinese style. Friendly and helpful staff. Beautiful gardens. Can't wait to return!12-Nov-2014 - 22-Nov-2014 Anne Suttie
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service