The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Poised on a cliff-top, commanding stupendous views of the ocean sparkling below, the five-bedroom fully staffed Villa Soham is one of two luxury properties at Sohamsa Ocean Estate, part of an enclave of exclusive villas on the southernmost tip of the Bukit peninsula. This still unspoilt slice of Bali feels far from the bustle of better-known tourism hotspots yet is only half an hour from the airport and close to some of the island’s best known attractions – the iconic Uluwatu sea temple, for example, the seafood restaurants of Jimbaran Bay, and some world-famous surf breaks. The coastline here is blessed with enchanting sandy coves protected by soaring cliffs.
Within the beautifully designed villa – which skilfully combines contemporary architecture with natural materials from the Indonesian archipelago – are both formal air-conditioned and casual alfresco living and dining spaces, generously sized air-conditioned bedrooms and bathrooms, a large infinity pool hugging the cliff edge, and a well-equipped gym and massage area, with sauna and steam room.
After a hearty breakfast served on the dining terrace, spend your morning pushing weights in the gym, working up a sweat in the sauna and cooling off with a few laps in the pool. After a morning of activity, you’ll deserve a leisurely lunch in the poolside pavilion, and a siesta on the deck followed by a massage. Take your chauffeured car to Pandawa Beach for an afternoon swim or kayak, then sink into a deep relaxing bath with breathtaking ocean views, before adjourning to the pool pavilion for sunset cocktails and a seafood barbecue prepared by the highly accomplished chef – part of a team of staff dedicated to making your time at Villa Soham really special. Maybe watch a movie in the media room, then retire to your air-conditioned bedroom for a blissful night’s sleep.
While Villa Soham can host up to 10 guests, it is perfect for multiple families or groups of friends – as many as 18 – when combined with Villa Hamsa. Conveniently for singles and those travelling with kids, three of the villa’s bedrooms can be set up as twins.
Stunning cliff-top sea-vista location
22-metre cliff-edge pool
Supersized 2.4-metre beds
Fab gym & spa, sauna and steam room
"Soham Villa is a beautiful villa with lovely staffs. Our family of 7 enjoyed our stay very much. Everything is perfect with a million dollar view. Will definitely come with my family again. Bravo to Pak Bayu and the team."
Rates and Real time availability
Low season rates extended and enjoy 30% off
Low season rates extended and enjoy 30% offLow season rates now apply to all bookings to 17 December 2020 and enjoy 30% off. Avoid the crowds and cocoon yourself in the privacy and safety of your own luxury villa.
Additional discounts available for stays of 10 nights or longer. Contact email@example.com for longer stay prices.
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply. Book with confidence and stay safe, book an elite haven.
Terms and conditions:
- Low season rates and discounts applicable for new bookings received from 22 June 2020, and for stays before 17 December 2020
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 06-Sep-2020.
- Huge air-conditioned living space with formal lounge and dining areas.
- Air-conditioned media room with 48-inch TV with cable channels, and Sonos sound system.
- Well-equipped kitchen, with staff area discreetly tucked away out of sight.
- Large ocean-view gym with private cliff-edge garden.
- Massage room, steam room and sauna.
- Huge open-sided poolside pavilion, with comfy seating and a kitchenette and barbecue area
- Large ironwood-decked terrace off living room, with stunning sea views
- Alfresco dining terrace
- 22m swimming pool with sun terrace
- All bedrooms are generously sized, and most have their own sun deck.
- All beds are king-size (three convert to twins)
- Huge emperor-sided bed in the master bedroom.
- All are air-conditioned and have overhead fans
- All have TVs with cable channels.
- All bedrooms are ensuite, with air-conditioned bathrooms, monsoon showers, and ocean-vista bathtubs in most.
Sohamsa Ocean Estate lies at the edge of the Bukit peninsula, a limestone plateau on the delightfully unspoiled southernmost tip of Bali. It rests within an exclusive enclave of luxury villas that line the cliff high above the Indian Ocean – seemingly miles away from the island’s busiest tourist districts yet just half an hour from the airport. While there is little within walking distance in this dramatic rural setting, just two kilometres away is Pandawa Beach with its stretch of white sand, local cafes and sea sports. Hidden beach coves and famed surf breaks are within easy reach, as is the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, some very cool beach clubs and the restaurants of Jimbaran Bay and Nusa Dua.
Things to do
The Sohamsa Ocean Estate gives guests the best of both worlds location-wise – a private Bali cliff-top setting yet with a great choice of activities within half an hour's drive or less. Our villa manager will have a wealth of information about places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the area too; most will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life. For now, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Sohamsa Ocean Estate.
- Until recently, the white sands and warm, protected waters of Pandawa Beach were visited only by locals and seaweed farmers. A paved (toll) road cut through the cliff has recently made this beautiful beach, which lies immediately below the estate, much more accessible.
- Among other local beaches is the famous surf beach at Uluwatu. Not quite as spectacular but equally alluring are the beaches of Bingin and Padang Padang. Beautiful white sand bays with rock pools and a host of local cafés.
- Soar above the spectacular southern coastline of the Bukit Peninsula on a Paraglider. Paragliding courses and solo flying for the experienced are available as well as tandem flights in the safe hands of experienced instructors. The training centre is at Timbis Beach on the south coast of the Bukit.
- Perched on a cliff 70m above the roaring Indian ocean, Uluwatu Temple (Pura Uluwatu) is one of Bali's nine key directional temples. Facing west and with steep headlands on either side creating an unbelievably dramatic setting. Get there in good time for Sunset to watch the enthralling Kecak Ramayana & Fire Dance.
- At Jenggala Keramic in Jimbaran, visitors can browse and buy from a vast range of handcrafted ceramics and glassware. Jenggala also runs 'Make and Paint a Pot' sessions where 'Children' of all ages are encouraged to get creative.
- For golf enthusiasts, the New Kuta Golf Club (11km) features an 18-hole course overlooking the ocean.
- Both five star and local restaurants are plentiful and close by. Bulgari and Ayana resorts are among the favourites and the Rock Bar at Ayana is a must-see for sunset cocktails. Finns at Semara has a beach club for more casual dining.
- A seafood feast at Jimbaran is a must for every holiday in Bali – dozens of seafood warung (cafés) line this west-facing beach, perfect for a sunset dinner. Fine dining options are available at most of the big resort hotels in this area; notably PJ’s, the charming beachside restaurant at the Four Seasons in Jimbaran, serving Mediterranean-styled cuisine. And Balique on Jalan Uluwatu in Jimbaran is a delightful vintage restaurant serving great food and cool cocktails.
- Nusa Dua's Bali Collection mall has a host of local boutiques and a department store. Heading towards Kuta (about 40 minutes) brings you to Galleria shopping mall while nearby Tuban has Discovery Mall and streets lined with local shops. Seminyak boutiques are about an hour away.
- Learn to surf or stand up paddle at Jimbaran Bay, a great place for beginners. Rip Curl School of Surf offers day courses and provides all the equipment.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (42)
Fify A, Indonesia, 05-Mar-2020 - 08-Mar-2020Soham Villa is a beautiful villa with lovely staffs. Our family of 7 enjoyed our stay very much. Everything is perfect with a million dollar view. Will definitely come with my family again. Bravo to Pak Bayu and the team.
Chantella H, Hong Kong, 29-Feb-2020 - 04-Mar-2020Absolutely stunning place. Nice staff, food, relaxing massage. We all had a fantastic holiday. Thank you sooooo much for taking care of us.
Jeffrey J, United States, 08-Feb-2020 - 15-Feb-2020Amazing Experiences! The views and the hospitality was unbelievable. Extraordinary staff - very hands on and helpful every minute. We are leaving with full love and would definitely come back and recommend. Thank you for everything.
Sofia B, India, 10-Jan-2020 - 13-Jan-2020What a totally amazing experience. For the first time the photos did not do justice to the place. Fabulous property, fabulous food, absolutely fabulous and amazing staff. Mr. Bayu and the amazing team have looked after us so well. Smiling faces and an always ready to please attitude has made the stay just amazing. Look forward to coming back. Thank you very much.
Yousuf S, United Arab Emirates, 25-Dec-2019 - 01-Jan-2020Overall a wonderful experience. The location of the villa is ideal with great view of the ocean. The staff were incredible and very responsive. The chef was great and accompanied us to fish market to choose different fish for the BBQ. The rooms were spacious and kept well by the butler team. The kids really enjoyed the pool and the grass area to play. Highly recommended the villa for family. Will hopefully visit again.
Ranier G, Australia, 08-Nov-2019 - 11-Nov-2019Thank you to all the staff for your gracious hospitality and taking care of all our needs. Your hard work and dedication has out shined any service I have every received and for this we were truly blessed to be part of your presence and we appreciate you!
Jason B, New Zealand, 30-Sep-2019 - 06-Oct-2019Wow....what an absolutely stunning place to spend quality time with your best friends. A view to die for. We are all leaving feeling very grateful for this experiences. Lovely staff, comfy beds, great food and memories to last a life time. Thank you so much for having us all
Nikunj P, India, 20-Sep-2019 - 26-Sep-2019At Sohamsa the staff were very nice and very helpful. This is so amazing and I enjoyed my vacation, Very good. Thank you.
Huang S, Indonesia, 19-Aug-2019 - 23-Aug-2019Very good. I will go back here again, thank you.
Grace J, United States, 23-Jun-2019 - 06-Jul-2019We have had such a wonderful stay with you. Thank you for sharing some of your beautiful culture, food and country with us. We will always remember your kindness and warmth.
Chris and Manni, Australia, 16-Jun-2019 - 18-Jun-2019Thank you very much for your great assistance in making a perfect holiday for us. Wish to stay at your villa in the future.
Iwan B, Indonesia, 10-Jun-2019 - 13-Jun-2019Thank you for everything you provided us here - including the kindness and hospitality. Hope to come back soon.
Susan P, Australia, 30-May-2019 - 03-Jun-2019Beautiful place, love everything. Thank you to all the lovely staff who were happy to assist with everything.
Katie and Andrew, Australia, 23-May-2019 - 27-May-2019Wonderful. We had the best, most relaxing stay. Wonderful staff and fabulous location.
Jan-Willem B, United Kingdom, 05-Apr-2019 - 20-Apr-2019Than you, thank you, thank you. We had the most amazing time in this stunning villa - it really is a true place of paradise. From the incredible views, to most importantly the fantastic team that looked after us so well. What A memorable holiday, we will miss you.
Selene G, Singapore, 12-Mar-2019 - 15-Mar-2019A beautiful haven with fantastic view. Super attentive and welcoming team of staff. Thank you Pak Bayu and Gede. Thanks for providing ua a wonderful team building experience at Sohamsa.
Yoonjung C, United States, 06-Feb-2019 - 11-Feb-2019It was a wonderful stay. The staff members are attentive and kind and the Estate is gorgeous.
Audrey B, United States, 22-Dec-2018 - 01-Jan-2019Thank you so much for treating us as if we your own. This year we celebrated so many mile stones and this trip was our way to celebrate them while bringing in new year. It's unlikely we will all be in the same place like this again so we appreciate the special care you took to take care of us. The villa was spotless, the food was flawless, the staff were so very kind. We will recommend this villa to anyone/everyone we can.
Joel M, Australia, 25-Nov-2018 - 27-Nov-2018As a Chef and a food traveler blogger, I visit a lot of places around the world. We never stayed in a villa with such an incredible ocean view. The staff were so friendly, helpful and accommodating and the chef cooked us the most delicious and amazing Indonesian style meats and an incredible seafood BBQ. We really enjoyed our stay at Villa Sohamsa and highly recommended to everyone. Thank you to all the team for most memorable experience.
Lyn Y, Singapore, 26-Oct-2018 - 29-Oct-2018Thank you for the excellent service and food. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again soon.
Julie J, Australia, 18-Oct-2018 - 22-Oct-2018Thank you very much for an amazing few days staying at your villa. Not only were the facilities beyond fantastic but the wonderful service from the staff was next level. Also a big compliment to the chef each meal was delicious and it was very nice to try traditional Balinese dishes. All in all 10/10 facilities and service. We would recommend to all of our friends and family.
Jing X, China, 03-Oct-2018 - 07-Oct-2018Thank you to all staff of Sohamsa. They made our incredible wedding. I hope I will come back again, until we come back...be happy.
Sukanya K, India, 30-Sep-2018 - 03-Oct-2018Thank you to all of you for making fabulous experiences. The smile and the impeccable service made an unforgettable vacation. It was so good here at the villa, we spent most of our time here. We would love to come back soon.
Ohynia T, Netherlands, 24-Sep-2018 - 27-Sep-2018Thank you for these 5 days. The view was gorgeous and the staff and food and service were great. Thank you very much.
Zhang L, China, 17-Sep-2018 - 19-Sep-2018We all had a nice holiday here and all of you are very kind. Thank you for everything.
Do-Yeun Kim, South Korea, 13-Sep-2018 - 16-Sep-2018Sohamsa Villa is one of the best resorts I stayed in this far. The people and the service are for one of the best things. One of my best experience in my life. Thank you to people in Sohamsa.
Tim K, United Kingdom, 08-Sep-2018 - 11-Sep-2018Thank you so much for everything. All of you have been amazing and you all played a part in making my 30th Birthday such a memorable experience.
Laure P, United Arab Emirates, 15-Aug-2018 - 01-Sep-2018Thank you so much, amazing house, amazing view and amazing staff. We had great holidays at Sohamsa. I did not go to surf this time but we will be back for sure. Plus nothing beats the view anyways.
Dousset Family, Singapore, 09-Aug-2018 - 15-Aug-2018Amazing trip, Amazing Crew. What a nice house at sea.
Rebecca and Gary, Australia, 06-Aug-2018 - 09-Aug-2018We must thank you also very much for your hospitality. Your service is impeccable! We are so grateful for the memories that you have all helped us make we had a fantastic time.
Sharon H, Australia, 28-Jul-2018 - 06-Aug-2018Thank you to all the beautiful staff at this villa for making our stay so wonderful. This is a great place to stay for a relaxing holiday. The BBQ is highly recommended.
Tarun Chamanlal M, Singapore, 18-Jul-2018 - 23-Jul-2018What a holiday! This villa was a perfect setting. A special thank you to the staff - every single one attended to our every need and kept the villa neat and tidy throughout our 5 days stay. Needless to say, we will be back.
Pavla B, New Zealand, 08-Jul-2018 - 18-Jul-2018Spectacular view. Very friendly staff. The roads in Bali are an adventure but the villa is paradise.
Anton P, Indonesia, 13-Jun-2018 - 16-Jun-2018Amazing Villa. Amazing staffs and amazing food. Hope to be back.
Veri S, Indonesia, 07-Jun-2018 - 11-Jun-2018Thank you so much for very kind hospitality during our stay in Sohamsa. A memorable moment for all of us. We will miss this amazing villa so much.
Ma Y, China, 02-Jun-2018 - 04-Jun-2018Waiters are very friendly, we love here. Will come back Soon!
Ning K, Taiwan, 05-Apr-2018 - 09-Apr-2018Thank you for the amazing stay, Gilda and the family.
Lyndon D, Australia, 24-Mar-2018 - 31-Mar-2018Thank you for an amazing stay, hopefully we will be back for another wonderful holiday one day.
Joey S, Taiwan, 13-Feb-2018 - 18-Feb-2018From the breathtaking view as you enter the gates to the villa, to the wonderful staff that made sure we were pampered and taken care of throughout the entire stay. Sohamsa Ocean Estate is most definitely a memorable place for our vacation.From age 8 to age 86, everyone had a blast and there was always something nice for someone to do. Thank you Sohamsa staff and team.
Karim K, Australia, 25-Jan-2018 - 28-Jan-2018Beautiful and magnificent! We thoroughly enjoyed the location and hospitality.
Malehu L, South Africa, 20-Dec-2017 - 03-Jan-2018This has been one of our best holidays. The staff and the dwelling were brilliant. Adhi and his team have been always ready to assist with anything and were forever smiling. The food was so delicious and more than enough. I will have to shed some weight back at home as I couldn't resist the taste. The kids are already missing this place. We will come back here.
Diana B, Australia, 01-Dec-2017 - 07-Dec-2017We stayed at one villa and loved it so much, we cancelled our next villa to stay at the adjoining villa. The entire complex is beautifully fitted out, the staff are so friendly and helpful and the BBQ'S were amazing. Thank you for making this trip so special.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions