Villa Windu Sari
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Those seeking a chic centre-of-the-action yet peaceful location for their Bali vacation will find the fully staffed Villa Windu Sari has lots to offer. This spacious four-bedroom villa is securely set down a quiet cul-de-sac in a private community of villas in Petitenget, less than a kilometer from the beach, within walking distance of some of Bali’s best restaurants and bars, and a short taxi-ride from Seminyak.
The focus of this handsome tropical home is the 14-metre pool – framed by a pair of two-storey pavilions arranged in an L shape, with a third side taken up by the sun-deck and poolside bale. But the hub is the open-plan living room – a huge fan-cooled space leading directly to the pool terrace, where guests can settle into comfortable sofas or congregate around the enormous teakwood dining table that extends to seat 14. Behind (but out of sight) is the gleaming modern kitchen where the villa chef concocts mouthwatering meals and snacks throughout the day, served by the butlers who between them provide attentive 24-hour service.
When the pull of socializing pales, there are lots of places to retreat to. How about a work-out in the well-equipped gym? Some down-time in the air-conditioned media room (where you can also check your emails on the computer)? Or an afternoon siesta on the bedroom balcony? The four bedrooms occupy a separate pavilion and open onto the balcony or directly onto the pool terrace).
Good news for larger groups: Villa Windu Sari can also be booked in conjunction with the six-bedroom Villa Windu Asri, together offering 10 bedrooms.
Let’s give the last word on Villa Windu Sari to a guest on departure: “To spend quality time with one’s family is priceless. To spend it in these surroundings and company is a privilege”.
Close to the beach and Seminyak
Secure gated community
Great common areas opening to pool
Superb staff service
Modern and very functional
"We had a great time in here. Staff are very kind and so nice. Thank you very much."
Rates and Real time availability
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 31-Dec-2020.
- Open-sided, fan-cooled living and dining pavilion with vaulted roof, walls of timber and Indian stone, and polished marble floor
- Dining area with teakwood table which seats 10 and can be extended for up to 20
- Sonos sound system with extensive music library, controlled by an iPad available for guest use
- Media room with deeply cushioned armchairs set before a 50-inch plasma screen, cable TV, DVD player and state-of-the-art Yamaha surround sound system. Built-in desk with computer with internet access
- Fully equipped chef’s kitchen
- Well-equipped air-conditioned or fan-cooled wood-clad gym with treadmill, exercise bike, cross-trainer, free weights and bench
- 14m swimming pool with Himalayan stone water cascade
- Poolside bale
- Beautifully landscaped gardens
- Timber deck with 6 sunbeds and an umbrella, and adjacent pool shower
- Rooftop terrace between the media room and gym
- All four air-conditioned bedroom suites are in a two-storey sleeping pavilion at one end of the pool
- All have sliding glass doors with teakwood shutters, polished wood floors, hand-made coffered timber ceilings and handsome furniture enriched with Jim Thomson silks
- All have 32-inch TVs with cable channels
- The second level master bedroom and guest bedroom have king-size beds (convertible to twin) and share a long balcony with daybeds looking onto the garden. Their bathrooms include a bathtub and rainshower
- The two ground level bedrooms have twin beds that can also be configured as a king. Both have garden bathrooms with a rainshower. One room has a bathtub and the other has a rainshower and extra outdoor shower
- Rollaway beds and cots can be provided for children
Villa Windu Sari sits on the outer edges of the ‘golden triangle’ of Seminyak – close enough to be convenient but far enough away to enjoy the peace. The villa lies down a long cul-de-sac within a 24-hour guarded community. The area contains a wide mix of high-end villa and resort developments, chic shopping, bars, beachclubs and internationally acclaimed restaurants. Within a kilometre or two of the villa are the famous Ku Dé Ta and the newer Potato Head beach club, and nearby restaurants include La Lucciola, Hu’u Bar, Sarong and the W Retreat. The villa is less than a kilometre from Petitenget Beach, renowned for its surf breaks, panoramic coastline views and legendary sunsets.
Things to do
Windu Villas' manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area; many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Enjoy the Cuisine - You could eat at a different restaurant in the Seminyak area every night for months and still not run out of options. Jalan Kayu Aya (also known as Jl Laksmana or Oberoi St) is Bali's fashionable "Eat Street", offering plenty of high-end restaurants, and there is also a whole host of restaurants offering all varieties of food in even closer proximity to Villa Windu Asri. Enjoy the gastronomic delights!
- Admire the Sunset - La Lucciola Restaurant is a great location for sunset drinks, as is The Breeze at The Samaya; both are just a three-minute taxi ride from Villa Windu Asri. While Ku De Ta is still the place to be seen, new beachclubs such as Cocoon, W Retreat, Mozaic Beachclub and Potato Head, are classy seaside alternatives. Another nice sunset option is to head down to Echo Beach (7km) where a number of cafes offer great sunset views, good food, cocktails and other cold beverages.
- Shop until you Drop - In nearby Kerobokan you can rummage for treasures in cluttered little stores and dark junkshops crammed to the ceiling with curios and made-to-order "antiques". Along Jalan Laksmana are numerous boutiques including Paul Ropp, Biasa, Magali Pascal, Anouck, Lily Jean, Bamboo Blond, Dinda Rella, Innuendo, Religion, Body & Soul, Buddha Wear, Pura Vida, and Uma & Leopold to name but a few. Kids fashion stores include Kidsagogo and Kiki's Closet.
- Stroll on the Beach - It is possible to walk the sands from Petitenget beach all the way to Kuta in the south or Canggu in the north. Grab your bucket and spade and head to the nearest beach for a leisurely time with your family or friends!
- Catch a Wave - With warm seas, an almost year-round surf season, relatively uncrowded beaches and reef breaks, Bali is a world-renowned surfing destination. The beaches of Canggu and Uluwatu are famous for their world-class surf breaks, offering exposed reef breaks with reliable surf. The months of May through October offer the best surfing conditions.
- Visit the Local Temple - Pura Petitenget near the beach off Jalan Petitenget is a compact and pretty Balinese temple, known for particularly spectacular beachside ceremonies. There has been a temple here since the 16th century, and although this is not one of the key nine directional temples of Bali, it is an important link in the series of west coast temples between Pura Uluwatu and Pura Tanah Lot. Pura Petitenget is less than a kilometre from Villa Windu Asri.
- Be Inspired by Tanah Lot - Make a pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali's biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset. Alternatively, visiting early in the morning provides an even more dramatic impression of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed, apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Play a Round of Golf - Feel like a round of golf while in Bali, then test the courses at the recently upgraded Bali National Golf Course, the New Kuta Golf Club or Bali Handara Country Club which is nestled in the crater of an extinct volcano in the highlands. For something different the par 3 course at Bukit Pandawa Golf & Country Club or the nine hole Bali Beach Golf Course are also recommended.
- Take in the Scenery - Hire a car with driver and head north to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Otherwise head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly-positioned Pura Ulun Danu, one of Bali's most important temples.
- Ride a Bike - Hire a bicycle and join a tour to explore the scenic rice field landscape and rural villages; a great way to experience the "real" Bali. Stop at a local warung (cafe) to sample Balinese fare or refresh with a cold drink. If you want a special experience, try the exhilarating descent from Kintamani to Ubud, which will take you through small hamlets past farms, ancient temples and beautiful rice fields.
- Go for a Spin on a Harley - Discover Bali's lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
- Fly Through the Trees - Get up to some monkey business at Bali Treetop Adventure Park (next to Lake Bratan). Here, five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from 2 to 20 metres, challenge all ages and skill levels via suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Trek at Muntigunung - The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Cook Up a Feast - Learn the secrets of Balinese spices and cuisine during a cookery class at Sate Bali Restaurant on Jalan Kayu Aya in Seminyak. At the end of the three-hour course, sit down to enjoy the fruits of your labours.
- Gallop Along the Beach - If you've dreamt of galloping along a beach or riding through villages bordered by rice fields, now is your chance. Bali Equestrian Centre in Berawa, Bali Horse Adventure, or Kuda P Stables can arrange horse riding tours, as well as children's riding lessons and horse-drawn carriage outings.
- Relax with a Massage - In-villa beauty and massage treatments carried out by professional therapists can usually be arranged with ease, but if you prefer to visit one of Seminyak's spas, we recommend: Bodyworks (quality treatments at very reasonable prices â€“ a favourite with Bali's expats), Chill (super reflexology treatments - great for jet lag) or AMO Spa (offering an extensive range of treatments).
- Book a Boat Trip - Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan. Perfect for a family day out on the water or with a group of friends.
- Try White Water Rafting - Raft down a stretch of untouched river in a choice of daily rafting sessions where you will travel through river splendour with daring, exciting and challenging new rapids. Class 2 & 3 rapids include encounters on vortexes of swirling and funnelled waters, natural ramps and sudden drops in elevation. This adrenaline pumping action which can be safety experienced by anyone from 5 to 70+ years of age.
- Explore Bali Safari Park - Here, you and your family can choose to enjoy a safari journey with "Elephant Back Safari", interact with your favourite animal at the "Animal Encounter" space; experience the wildest fine-dining moment surrounded by lions, meerkats, and porcupines at the "Tsavo Lion Restaurant"; unwind at the spectacular "Bali Agung" show at the "Bali Theatre", or make your own big splash at the "Water Park and Fun Zone".
- Visit the Artistic Centre of Ubud - Take a trip to Ubud, a remarkable town in the middle of the island. For more than a century, it has been Bali's preeminent centre for fine arts, dance and music. At one time a haven for backpackers, cosmic seekers, artists and bohemians, Ubud is now a hotspot for literati, glitterati, art collectors and connoisseurs. Its attractions make it a great place to visit for a day trip. Do some sightseeing, visit the art galleries and museums, wander through the market, or enjoy a first-class meal.
- Take a splash at Waterbom Bali - Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (30)
Rin S, Indonesia, 11-Mar-2020 - 15-Mar-2020We had a great time in here. Staff are very kind and so nice. Thank you very much.
Paula D, Australia, 13-Feb-2020 - 17-Feb-2020Dear Bayu, Agus, Ayu, Dewa and all of the Windu Sari team. Thank you for a wonderful stay. Despite the last minute booking you were so prepared helpful. The villa is beautiful and impeccably maintained, and the service was magnificent. We will be back.
Rossana M, Taiwan, 23-Jan-2020 - 27-Jan-2020I enjoyed my vacation at your villa so much, that i came back with my family. Super friendly and helpful staff and excellent cook are the main factor of our memorable vacation. Good food, great service, and a wonderful vacation, we will definitely come back. Thank for everything love this place, so i only went out once out of 5 days. Love this place so much, the food, the pool, the room amazing. I hope i can come back some day when i make a good future.
Rachel V, Australia, 05-Jan-2020 - 15-Jan-2020Thank you for your kindness shown not only with your actions but within your eyes. Thank you for the care you have taken in looking after us. I wish for you all only the best and may life treat you kind. Ayu, all the best to you for when the baby arrives. See you later, Helen. Windu Sari is a haven, our extended family have enjoyed a wonderful 10 days and this villa has all the qualities of a real Bali experience. However any destination no matter how wonderful becomes exceptional because of the kind, caring and professionalism of the staff who are so attentive to all our needs. We loved our wonderful meals and cocktails as well. All of the friendly staff have made our stay so very special. Thank you with gratitude and happiness. To Bayu and the rest of our Villa Windu Sari family thank you for caring for our home away from home.
Jill K, United States, 29-Dec-2019 - 05-Jan-2020What an absolutely magical week you created for our family. From the moment we arrived, we felt the warmth, caring and attentiveness from the Windu Sari team. We were thrilled that we arranged to have the seafood buffet upon arrival. Despite dining at many nice restaurants in Ubud and Seminyak, the family says its their favourite meal (and its our departure dinner as well). We so appreciated and noticed all of the special touches, the fresh flowers, the candles, the cold towels upon arrival back from day trips. We cannot thank you enough for the hospitality. Our first family vacation in Asia and hopefully not the last.
Peter K, Singapore, 23-Dec-2019 - 28-Dec-2019Our family stayed in the Villa Windu Sari over the Christmas holidays and we absolutely love the villa especially the staff. We all had such an amazing time in the villa. We were so spoilt by the staff here. They made such great effort to make sure we were comfortable!!. The meals from breakfast to dinner were super delicious especially the Christmas BBQ that we had. There are many villas in Bali but this villa top them all and it was the staff that made the difference. Thank you for making our Christmas holiday an enjoyable and exceptional one!!!
Graham B, Australia, 01-Oct-2019 - 06-Oct-2019Our small family had a wonderful, relaxing stay in Windu Sari. The staff were friendly and professional and were so helpful and lovely. We have stayed in many Elite Havens villas and they are always of a very high standard. We love the Balinese people, so gentle and forgiving. The food and service was excellent. Thanks again to Bayu and staff.
Denise S, United States, 11-Sep-2019 - 18-Sep-2019We love your villa, the tea, the turn down service and the beautiful set up and the way you are just very attentive to our every request. Ayu's sweet voice, Agus's addictive laugh and Coleman reassuring smile. Will return thank you all. The food was awesome, a great pleasure to stay here. Thank you Bayu and staff. Thank you for your exception attentive service. We didn't have to think or worry about anything. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to come to Bali. Thank you again.
Mark S, Australia, 25-Aug-2019 - 31-Aug-2019Thank you for an incredible week at Villa Windu Sari. All the staff have been so lovely, friendly and go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. We cant thank you enough. We cant wait to come back.
Gillian K, Indonesia, 16-Aug-2019 - 19-Aug-2019Thank you as always, you have made our stay even more amazing than we could have hoped. You are all so patient, kind, friendly, professional and lovely. You gave eight mums the best gift ever.
Elisabetta C, Italy, 08-Aug-2019 - 16-Aug-2019The excellent management squad showed courtesy and kindness from the first email until our arrival. We appreciate the entire staff of the villa, always happy and smiling. The service was perfect (midnight Nutella crepes for kids - fabulous). The accommodation is awesome, we will be surely book here for our next Indonesian vacation. So thank you very much for everything, we definitely fell in love with your culture, your smile and your beautiful island.
Roshelle L, Hong Kong, 01-Aug-2019 - 05-Aug-2019Villa Windu Sari, thank you so much for the great service. This is our first time staying at a villa in Bali and it has been an absolutely amazing experience, thank you for everything. Look forward to returning here soon. We truly appreciate all that the staff done to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Good luck and best wishes.
Shundrawn T, Indonesia, 26-Jul-2019 - 31-Jul-2019Thank you Villa Windu Sari for hosting us. We appreciated your service and kindness. The villa was special and we greatly enjoyed our stay. Our Bali trip was enhanced by our stay here.
Septien S, Spain, 17-Jul-2019 - 26-Jul-2019Excellent service - we happy to be here in Bali with the amazing staff. Thanks for the good breakfasts and dinners, see you again soon.
Vanessa S, Australia, 27-Jun-2019 - 06-Jul-2019Thank you for an amazing holiday at Villa Windu Sari. The staff are amazing we loved the food, cocktails and everything they did to make our stay fantastic. We will back in 2020.
Jan K, Australia, 17-May-2019 - 25-May-2019Thank you for looking after us so well during our family holiday in May 2019. Your professional service, the extra special things you did for us and the delicious meals made our holiday a happy and memorable time. We will be back soon. We loved spending our family holiday in your beautiful villa.
Ashlea Q, Australia, 08-May-2019 - 13-May-2019What amazing experience. Beautiful people, fantastic food and service. Thank you so much for sharing your culture with us. We enjoyed every minute the fantastic support with the children. Catering to everyone's needs and wants. We would love to do it over again. You are all very welcome to come to Australia and experience our culture. Would recommend to family and friends. Awesome time, food was amazing, people and their knowledge of the community made our stay so much easier to feel safe. We thank you so much. See you next time.
Lillian T, Switzerland, 21-Apr-2019 - 26-Apr-2019Simply Amazing! Our first time to Bali and we were spoilt rotten and we couldn't have asked for a better time. The staff were awesome with a great attention to detail. Will come again.
Jill Z, South Africa, 17-Mar-2019 - 24-Mar-2019Fantastic, WOW! Awesome, sublime, amazing. Just some of the words we could use to describe the staff that looked after us. Superb, chilled, oasis at Windu Sari Villa - just what we needed. So sad to leave.
Rachel M, Australia, 27-Nov-2015 - 05-Dec-2015Our group of 8 friends + one infant stayed for 8 nights to celebrate a 40th. Windu Sari was the perfect choice! There were plenty of areas for us to hang out together (poolside loungers and day bed, lounge, dining table, media room, outdoor terrace) which also then created lots of flexible spaces for people to take quiet time when needed. We requisitioned the media room as our games room (charades!) and for smaller groups loved playing cards under the cooling fan of the day bed. The staff could not have been more perfect and attentive. Bayu and his team were amazing. Every need - e.g. tonic purchasing from nearby supermarket, whipping up snacks, making drinks, cleaning rooms at times that suited baby and adult naps - was catered for with a typically large Indonesian smile. The food produced by the chef was very good quality and enjoyed by all. We were delighted with the team's help in throwing a dinner party (they decorated beautifully) and surprised the birthday girl with a cake (and more smiles). While we were only 8, the staff were so accommodating and kind to upsize the dinner table for a group of 15 for a couple of celebratory meals. I cannot recommend this place highly enough to unwind and enjoy the charms of Indonesia.
Adam Blake ., Australia, 25-Oct-2015 - 28-Oct-2015A beautiful and relaxing villa in the perfect location - a home away from home with so many benefits!
Vanessa Chee, Malaysia, 16-Sep-2015 - 20-Sep-2015Villa, Staffs and our barbecue event was enormously well planned. Couldnt asked more from these lovely staffs and of course, Elite recommendation!
Michelle B, Australia, 01-Sep-2015 - 08-Sep-2015Celebrated my 50th birthday here, last week, and absolutely loved my stay! Can highly recommend this villa, great location, well appointed villa with everything you need for your stay and the best staff. Wish we were back already.
Mary Lou K, Australia, 07-Jun-2015 - 16-Jun-2015The accommodation at the villa is very luxurious, with 4 huge king sized bedrooms opening out to either a balcony complete with daybed or the garden. Each room features an en-suite bathroom, TV and iPod dock. We spent relaxing days around the pool sunbathing on the sunbeds and reading on the enormous, comfortable bale. You can select your own music on the sonos system and retire to the air conditioned TV lounge to watch a movie. The pool is an amazing shade of blue and looks spectacular lit up at night. The villa has a traditional Balinese atmosphere with open sided living pavilions tastefully decorated with flowers and art. The grounds are very well maintained and the staff are amazing. They were unobtrusive, efficient, friendly and helpful - preparing breakfast daily, making cocktails, ordering transport, suggesting dining alternatives, organising in-house massages and preparing our rooms for retiring each evening. Their attention to detail was second to none. This was a wonderful family holiday which I can highly recommend to anyone planning to visit Bali!
Steve Johnson, Australia, 21-May-2015 - 28-May-2015Our holiday at windu sari was amazing . The villa is beautiful and the staff were wonderful, attentive without being intrusive. We would recommend it to anyone that wants a truly wonderful holiday.
Natasha R, Indonesia, 11-May-2015 - 17-May-2015The best to stay in Bali.. Especially for a long stay period. Great staff, great villa.. would love to go back again.
Kenny Favel, United Kingdom, 19-Jan-2015 - 02-Feb-2015Fantastic feel to the villa which made our stay seem completely comfortable. Staff here are the biggest attribute. They simply could not do enough for us. Always happy and thoughtful to our needs.
Ms Maggie T, , 31-Dec-2014 - 07-Jan-2015Don't hesitate to book this villa. Its an amazing traditional style villa so if you haven't been to Bali, this is perfect. The staff are awesome and its far enough from the main drags of Seminayak to feel like you have your own little peace of heaven. We had small children and they were looked after in every way i.e. they provided a temporary pool fence and they organised a fantastic baby sitter, got us nappies etc. Don't bother reading any other reviews…just book and go.
Nissa Collins Group, Australia, 01-Sep-2014 - 06-Sep-2014The villa, it's staff and the booking and arrival process were exceptional from beginning to end. We could not fault anything. The food was wonderful and reasonably priced and staff were helpful and unobtrusive. The pool fence (at no extra cost) gave us peace of mind with the kids and didn't ruin the look of the villa. We would highly rock mend the villa to others and would definitely stay again.
Lisa Nicol, Australia, 08-Jul-2014 - 13-Jul-2014We have stayed in this villa many times and love it! The staff are amazing, and the food is fantastic. If you have kids, this villa is 100% perfect. Your every need is catered for. We could not recommend Made and his team enough.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions