The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Absolute beachfront villas in Bali are few and far between. But holidaymakers seeking a blissful tropical vacation in a luxury villa with a laid-back beach vibe will find that five-bedroom Villa Cemara in Sanur on Bali’s south-eastern coast ticks all these boxes, and more. This private residence rests on 60 metres of beachfront land, with direct access to an expanse of golden sand and shallow, lagoon-like sea.
Named after the native tree that shades the temple guarding its entrance, Villa Cemara comprises a cluster of one- and two-storey alang-alang thatched pavilions inspired by the compound-style of traditional Balinese family homes and arranged around a 10-metre greenstone-tiled pool. Every room boasts boundless ocean views across the Lombok Strait to the islands of Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan.
Acclaimed Balinese architect Popo Danes fused the best traditional materials and craftsmanship with contemporary furnishings and facilities to create a gracious, elegant and comfortable home for the villa’s Australian owners, promising days full of magic. Linger over a leisurely lunch prepared by the villa’s cook from an extensive suggestion menu and served in the open-sided living pavilion. Take a siesta on the pool deck, indulge in a massage at the beachfront balé or sink into the black terrazzo jacuzzi in the master pavilion’s private bathroom courtyard. After a candle-lit dinner or fresh-from-the-sea barbecue, retire to your air-conditioned bedroom for a night of sweet, sun-induced slumber.
Only a 15-minute drive from Bali’s international airport, Villa Cemara is perfect for one or two families or a group of friends seeking tropical open-air living, bags of ‘Bali-style’ character, boundless ocean views and an unbeatable beachfront setting. Along the eight-kilometre-long promenade beyond your private beachfront gate are kite surfing and sea-sports centres, as well as laid-back beach cafés, while some of Sanur’s most notable restaurants, bars, boutiques and galleries are also within easy reach of the villa. But with the villa’s dedicated staff on hand to attend to your every whim, you may be tempted just to stay home!
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Villa Cemara is located metres from the wide expanse of golden sand in Sanur on Bali’s south-eastern coast only half an hour from the airport. Walk through the gate and take a stroll along the beach or cycle along the promenade to the laid-back village’s many beachfront cafes, restaurants, boutiques, lifestyle shops and spas a little further north. Also close by are excellent kite surfing and water sports centres, the famed five-star Bali Hyatt and Fairmont resorts – historic temples too. What a perfect spot!More information for Things to do
Villa Cemara’s manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Chat to the staff too; many have been attached to the villa for some time and are a great source of insider information. In the meantime, here’s a taste of some of the activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- There is a 9-hole golf course at the Bali Beach Hotel in Sanur, but golf enthusiasts might want to travel further afield to the Bali Golf and Country Club in Nusa Dua for 18-hole courses.
- An annual international kite festival takes place at Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur) every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to ten metres in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. Originally, these kites were intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests. Aside from the festival itself, visitors will see many giant kites being flown in this area from June through to August.
- Saba Bay Horse Riding has a special horseriding track (suitable for beginners) on a beautiful black sandy beach overlooking the Indian Ocean and Nusa Penida Island.
- There are several dive operators around Sanur, but this area is more suited to beginners or refresher courses. The better dive sites are further North in Tulumben, or out on the islands of Nusa Penida and Lembongan.
- Explore Bali’s backroads, lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
- If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital is an exciting and rewarding experience. Visit Denpasar’s vibrant markets, where everything and anything is available. Pasar Badung, Denpasar’s colourful central market, is the largest and oldest market in Bali. Here’s where the local people shop, and each of the market’s three floors is dedicated to different products.
- Le Mayeur Museum in Sanur is the former home of noted Belgian impressionist Adrian Jean Le Mayeur. The building is now a museum which, as well as showcasing the artist’s work, gives visitors an insight into what it must have been like to be one of Bali’s very first expats. Although in need of some maintenance, this remains one of Bali’s true hidden treasures.
- From the roaming Sumatran tigers and elephants in the jungle of Sumatra, to the hippos and cheetahs at Lake Manyara, the Safari Journey at Bali Safari and Marine Park offers a unique adventure. There’s also a Fresh Water Aquarium at the Park, as well as the Hanoman Court, which introduces exotic birds and orangutans, and is the main stage for animal educational and entertainment shows.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Huge open-sided living pavilion with beach and ocean vista
- Comfortable seating area
- Dining area with marble-topped table for 10
- Well-equipped kitchen with walk-in fridge!
- 60 metres of private beach frontage
- 10-metre swimming pool with submerged steps for lounging
- Ironwood pool decks, with comfortably cushioned sun loungers and umbrellas
- Private gate onto to the golden sands of Sanur Beach
- Stand-alone pavilion fronted by a soothing water feature
- Elaborately carved feature wall with alcove leading to dressing room
- Air-conditioned bedroom with king-size bed, antique furniture, and seating area set before 42-inch TV and glazed wall looking over rock pool with waterfall
- Air-conditioned bathroom opening onto private courtyard with alfresco shower, black terrazzo jacuzzi and waterfall.
- Furnished beachfront veranda
- Four guest bedrooms within a pair of two-storey pavilions
- King-size beds (can be converted to twin beds in two rooms)
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fan
- 42-inch TVs in both garden-level rooms
- Dressing areas/walk-in wardrobes
- Indoor and alfresco bathrooms, with bathtub in garden-level rooms
Villa Cemara features a well-equipped kitchen complete with walk-in fridge. Here, the cook is at your service to prepare daily breakfast, lunch and dinner on request, as well as all-day snacks. Choose from an extensive suggestion menu of Indonesian, Asian and Western dishes that caters to all tastes – everything from tasty burgers to Balinese specialties and Mexican fare, all served home-style. If you crave something off-menu, the cook will happily oblige, whipping up dishes according to your tastes, as well as tailor meals to accommodate any special dietary requirements.
With a professional barbecue within the garden, why not enjoy a fresh-from-the-sea fish feast? Or if you would like to host a dinner party while in residence, the cook can prepare a gourmet meal for up to 25 guests.
Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus 20%++ handling fee. Staff will do the shopping and keep receipts for your reference. Please do discuss meals with the cook the evening before, to give the staff time to shop.View a sample menu
We've enjoyed owr stay at Villa Cemara! Lovely staff,lovely place, perfect food, healful and kind people here at the villa. Thank you very much!18-Jul-2023 - 31-Jul-2023 Felix O
Amazing place to stay the staff make this place! We had so much fun with the staff playing ball on the beach, we will be back! Thank you so much16-Jun-2023 - 21-Jun-2023 Gayna S
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service