The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Villa Zelie is a heritage chic holiday home merely 150-metres from Canggu Beach. With La Laguna and Finn’s Beach Club close by, the villa is perfectly placed between Seminyak and Canggu - Bali’s hotspots for wining, dining and shopping.Differentiating Villa Zelie from other Canggu villas are its exquisite style, grand scale and central location. Beautiful teak and ironwood buildings, inspired by traditional Javanese joglo pavilions and gladak houses are embellished with handcrafted furniture and treasures selected by the villa’s owner, a well-known Parisian designer. Four open-air living pavilions and five luxurious bedrooms mingle around a 20-metre swimming pool in the expansive terraced garden. Air-conditioned bedrooms are dreamy with canopy beds, spacious Bali-style outdoor bathrooms and verandas perfect for morning coffee.
Villa Zelie’s landscaped garden spans 3,300 square metres across four terraced lawns. Koi ponds frame the entrance and lotus ponds glisten below tidy walkways at the foot of the garden. Stone steps and paths are studded with lights that twinkle like a reflection of the stars from dusk until dawn.
A comfortable tropical ambiance prevails throughout the timber-framed living and sleeping pavilions, and guests are spoilt by the attentive Villa Manager, chef and butlers who cater to their every need.
Villa Zelie is ideally set up for young groups who would love to socialise around the stunning swimming pool, share family-style meals, or watch movies projected onto the big drop-down screen. Within the vast acreage, there are plenty of private corners to retreat to.
This well-maintained paradise lends itself as a magnificent venue for intimate events, and weddings for up to 40 guests can be arranged with prior notice.
Villa Zelie is a work of art and a truly exceptional place to stay.
Warm and friendly staff
"Thank you Villa Zelie for a fabulous week. We came to Bali looking for a relaxing week with two infants and a toddler (which is a high bar) and yet we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. The villa was spacious and gave us various public spaces so we never developed cabin fever. The wonderful staff kindly accommodated request for infants, special dietary meals and the assistance of our private nannies. The location is excellent, we were able to walk to Seminyak for evenings out. We would enthusiastically recommended Villa Zelie to our friends and would be happy to stay here again. Many thanks for a memorable vacation."
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 15-Jan-2020.
|Period||Price per night (USD)||10+ nights (USD)||Min stay||Inclusions|
|15-Dec-2019 to 25-Dec-2019||1,960 ++||1,764 ++||4 nights|
|26-Dec-2019 to 04-Jan-2020||2,270 ++||2,157 ++||5 nights|
- Elevated joglo-style open-air living area fringed by koi ponds
- Open-air entertainment pavilion with lounge seating, bar, movie projector, iPod dock
- Fully equipped indoor kitchen with breakfast island
- Elegant open-air dining room with long teakwood table for 14 guests
- Expansive, terraced, tropical garden
- 20 x 6 x 1.33m swimming pool, six sunbeds
- 7 x 6 x 0.2m children’s pool with morning and afternoon shade
- Open-sided pool pavilion with comfortable daybeds
- Rustic-chic two-storey massage balé
- Set in an iconic timber joglo pavilion with a wide veranda
- King-sized, canopied bed below an ornate carved ceiling
- Satellite TV, DVD player
- Deep sofa at foot of bed, large work desk
- Sumptuous outdoor ensuite with stone bathtub, rain shower and matching dressers
Gladak Suites x 4
- Stand-alone timber pavilion with front veranda
- King-sized bed, handcrafted furnishings
- Air-conditioning, ceiling fan, track lighting, eclectic lanterns
- Walk-in wardrobe, full-length mirror
- Indoor/outdoor ensuite, stone bathtub, rain shower, twin sinks
Staying at Villa Zelie in Canggu puts guests at the centre of Bali’s happening beach scene. There is good food and fun in all directions, and ocean waves are just a two-minute walk away.
Villa Zelie is a stone's throw away from Finn’s Beach Club, La Laguna, Rip Curl School of Surf and casual beach shacks selling cold beverages and snacks.
Canggu, a couple of kilometres north-west of the villa, has the newest crop of hipster cafés, yoga studios, boutique stores and ritzy restaurants on the island. To the south-east of Villa Zelie is Seminyak, with its own established offering of beachfront pool haunts, high-end shopping and much of Bali’s best fine dining and swankiest nightclubs.
Things to do
There is so much to see and do around Villa Zelie, 12 hours of equatorial sunshine each day hardly cuts it. Luckily the evening weather is nice too, so you can stay on the beach comfortably past sundown. Enjoy laid-back island time and then look fab for nights out.
Some of the popular things to do in Canggu and greater Bali may require planning ahead, so please let us know how we can help. Your manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
May we start by suggesting a few activities for your visit?
- Within walking distance of Villa Zelie, Kayu Putih Beach is perfect for surfing, bodysurfing and sand play, although the current can be too strong for swimming at times. You’ll find surfboard rentals available as well as casual surfing lessons for beginner and intermediate surfers. A few beach clubs are within walking distance along the sand as well.
- Hire an instructor for a yoga or Pilates session at the villa or join a class at one of the many studios making their way into an evolving wellness scene in Canggu: Sunset Pilates at The Joglo Café, Hatha yoga at The Practice, Fly High yoga at Samadi Bali, flow yoga at The Canggu Studio.
- Finn’s Recreation Club has a modern gym, tennis courts, an outdoor sports field, a lap pool, fitness classes and programmes, personal trainers, a high-end spa, and eateries on the south side of Canggu nearby Villa Zelie. The centre is home to Cubby Kids’ Club, Strike Ten Pin Bowling, Bounce Trampoline Centre and Splash Waterpark. Day passes are available.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Bali Equestrian Centre offers pony rides at the Canggu stables and horseback riding tours along the beach or scenic rice paddies.
- At the end of a day out, Echo Beach in Canggu is the preferred spot for fresh seafood barbeque without a trip to Jimbaran Bay. It’s best to arrive early as the casual beachfront restaurants here fill up by six o’clock for dinner with a sunset ocean view.
- Reservations are recommended for dining out in downtown Canggu and Seminyak restaurants. Bali’s dining scene is constantly evolving with new tastes and experiences all the time.
- Ask your villa manager what’s on at Ulekan restaurant or Hotel Tugu, where live music and traditional Balinese Legong dance performances are often staged.
- Visiting a temple may come with a chance to watch Balinese dances and ceremonies, too – Pura Luhur Uluwatu in south Bali offers a daily Kecak dance performance and Ubud Palace in central Bali is known for its Legong show.
- Coral reefs around Bali are teeming with tropical marine life. Charter a private speedboat or yacht tour for fishing, snorkelling or diving in Amed, Nusa Lembongan or Menjangan Island.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions