The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Villa Zelie is a heritage chic holiday home merely 150-metres from Canggu Beach. With La Laguna and Finn’s Beach Club close by, the villa is perfectly placed between Seminyak and Canggu - Bali’s hotspots for wining, dining and shopping. Differentiating Villa Zelie from other Canggu villas are its exquisite style, grand scale and central location. Beautiful teak and ironwood buildings, inspired by traditional Javanese joglo pavilions and gladak houses are embellished with handcrafted furniture and treasures selected by the villa’s owner, a well-known Parisian designer. Four open-air living pavilions and five luxurious bedrooms mingle around a 20-metre swimming pool in the expansive terraced garden. Air-conditioned bedrooms are dreamy with canopy beds, spacious Bali-style outdoor bathrooms and verandas perfect for morning coffee.
Villa Zelie’s landscaped garden spans 3,300 square metres across four terraced lawns. Koi ponds frame the entrance and lotus ponds glisten below tidy walkways at the foot of the garden. Stone steps and paths are studded with lights that twinkle like a reflection of the stars from dusk until dawn.
A comfortable tropical ambiance prevails throughout the timber-framed living and sleeping pavilions, and guests are spoilt by the attentive Villa Manager, chef and butlers who cater to their every need.
Villa Zelie is ideally set up for young groups who would love to socialise around the stunning swimming pool, share family-style meals, or watch movies projected onto the big drop-down screen. Within the vast acreage, there are plenty of private corners to retreat to.
This well-maintained paradise lends itself as a magnificent venue for intimate events, and weddings for up to 40 guests can be arranged with prior notice.
Villa Zelie is a work of art and a truly exceptional place to stay.
Warm and friendly staff
"Thank you so much for everything. All was really good! The food was very tasty and the villa itself is so beautiful! Thank you very much for hospitality, we enjoyed a lot !"
Rates and Real time availability
Staycation at an elite haven
Staycation at an elite haven
Retreat into a world of luxury. Idyllic location, guaranteed privacy, and no one to share the five-star facilities with – what's not to love? When you stay at an elite haven, it is your personal home away from home for the duration of your stay. Stay for a while, take advantage of our exclusive rates, and treat yourself to a safe stay in the luxury of your private villa. Book and stay for a minimum of 2 nights anytime from now until 25 March 2021 and enjoy 30% off villa rates. Stay for 5 nights and enjoy 30% off plus a complimentary one-way airport transfer, a 1-hour in-villa massage per guest, a Balinese family-style dinner, plus early check-in or late check-out.
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply. Book with confidence and stay safe, book an elite haven.
Terms and conditions:
- Valid for new bookings received from 08 October 2020 onwards.
- Valid on stays from now until 25 March 2021.
- Minimum stay of 2 nights enjoy 30% discount.
- Minimum stay of 5 nights enjoy 30% off plus a complimentary one-way airport transfer, a 1-hour in-villa massage per guest, a Balinese family-style dinner, plus early check-in or late check-out.
- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers.
- Early check-in/late check-out is subject to availability.
- One-time Balinese family-style dinner per stay for all guests staying at the villa, excluding beverages.
- The property’s availability is subject to change.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 29-Nov-2020.
- Elevated joglo-style open-air living area fringed by koi ponds
- Open-air entertainment pavilion with lounge seating, bar, movie projector, iPod dock
- Fully equipped indoor kitchen with breakfast island
- Elegant open-air dining room with long teakwood table for 14 guests
- Expansive, terraced, tropical garden
- 20 x 6 x 1.33m swimming pool, six sunbeds
- 7 x 6 x 0.2m children’s pool with morning and afternoon shade
- Open-sided pool pavilion with comfortable daybeds
- Rustic-chic two-storey massage balé
- Set in an iconic timber joglo pavilion with a wide veranda
- King-sized, canopied bed below an ornate carved ceiling
- Satellite TV, DVD player
- Deep sofa at foot of bed, large work desk
- Sumptuous outdoor ensuite with stone bathtub, rain shower and matching dressers
Gladak Suites x 4
- Stand-alone timber pavilion with front veranda
- King-sized bed, handcrafted furnishings
- Air-conditioning, ceiling fan, track lighting, eclectic lanterns
- Walk-in wardrobe, full-length mirror
- Indoor/outdoor ensuite, stone bathtub, rain shower, twin sinks
Staying at Villa Zelie in Canggu puts guests at the centre of Bali’s happening beach scene. There is good food and fun in all directions, and ocean waves are just a two-minute walk away.
Villa Zelie is a stone's throw away from Finn’s Beach Club, La Laguna, Rip Curl School of Surf and casual beach shacks selling cold beverages and snacks.
Canggu, a couple of kilometres north-west of the villa, has the newest crop of hipster cafés, yoga studios, boutique stores and ritzy restaurants on the island. To the south-east of Villa Zelie is Seminyak, with its own established offering of beachfront pool haunts, high-end shopping and much of Bali’s best fine dining and swankiest nightclubs.
Things to do
There is so much to see and do around Villa Zelie, 12 hours of equatorial sunshine each day hardly cuts it. Luckily the evening weather is nice too, so you can stay on the beach comfortably past sundown. Enjoy laid-back island time and then look fab for nights out.
Some of the popular things to do in Canggu and greater Bali may require planning ahead, so please let us know how we can help. Your manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
May we start by suggesting a few activities for your visit?
- Within walking distance of Villa Zelie, Kayu Putih Beach is perfect for surfing, bodysurfing and sand play, although the current can be too strong for swimming at times. You’ll find surfboard rentals available as well as casual surfing lessons for beginner and intermediate surfers. A few beach clubs are within walking distance along the sand as well.
- Hire an instructor for a yoga or Pilates session at the villa or join a class at one of the many studios making their way into an evolving wellness scene in Canggu: Sunset Pilates at The Joglo Café, Hatha yoga at The Practice, Fly High yoga at Samadi Bali, flow yoga at The Canggu Studio.
- Finn’s Recreation Club has a modern gym, tennis courts, an outdoor sports field, a lap pool, fitness classes and programmes, personal trainers, a high-end spa, and eateries on the south side of Canggu nearby Villa Zelie. The centre is home to Cubby Kids’ Club, Strike Ten Pin Bowling, Bounce Trampoline Centre and Splash Waterpark. Day passes are available.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Bali Equestrian Centre offers pony rides at the Canggu stables and horseback riding tours along the beach or scenic rice paddies.
- At the end of a day out, Echo Beach in Canggu is the preferred spot for fresh seafood barbeque without a trip to Jimbaran Bay. It’s best to arrive early as the casual beachfront restaurants here fill up by six o’clock for dinner with a sunset ocean view.
- Reservations are recommended for dining out in downtown Canggu and Seminyak restaurants. Bali’s dining scene is constantly evolving with new tastes and experiences all the time.
- Ask your villa manager what’s on at Ulekan restaurant or Hotel Tugu, where live music and traditional Balinese Legong dance performances are often staged.
- Visiting a temple may come with a chance to watch Balinese dances and ceremonies, too – Pura Luhur Uluwatu in south Bali offers a daily Kecak dance performance and Ubud Palace in central Bali is known for its Legong show.
- Coral reefs around Bali are teeming with tropical marine life. Charter a private speedboat or yacht tour for fishing, snorkelling or diving in Amed, Nusa Lembongan or Menjangan Island.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (41)
Heinz B, Philippines, 12-Feb-2020 - 21-Feb-2020Thank you so much for everything. All was really good! The food was very tasty and the villa itself is so beautiful! Thank you very much for hospitality, we enjoyed a lot !
Robert V, Australia, 07-Jan-2020 - 13-Jan-2020Hello, we live in Sydney and stayed for 6 nights at Villa Zelie. From the start to the very end we througlly enjoyed our stay. The staff are amazing and super attentive. Food was amazing in particular the great dimsum. We recommend Villa Zelie to anyone. We will be back! Thank you for everything, we had so much fun here in villa!
Sumesh S, Canada, 27-Dec-2019 - 05-Jan-2020What a beautiful villa and amazing staff lead by Mr. Bagie. He is courteous, attentive and very focused on ensuring we had an amazing time. The villa has many hidden secrets to discover as you explore it. The rooms are well take care of and AC's did work well. Love the staff, Tapa and the rest.
Avinash S, Singapore, 29-Nov-2019 - 04-Dec-2019Thanks for making my 40th birthday a special out. Perfect service, villa, location. The staff was truly exceptional, they made the stay. We will be back.
Lois H, United Kingdom, 16-Nov-2019 - 19-Nov-2019Thank you staff we appreciate what you did in looking after us. The villa is beautiful.
Serguei N, Russia, 24-Oct-2019 - 15-Nov-2019Thank you very much for our beautiful and wonderful stay. Thanks a lot to all team of the villa. All of them are very friendly and caring. The chef is the best!! Amazing food!
Nutricare Company Retreat, Australia, 18-Oct-2019 - 23-Oct-2019What an exceptional experience we have had for our business workshop. Our Nutricare team of 12 people have been blown away by the attention to detail, the service friendliness and quality of the staff and the operation of the villa. Special mention has to be made to Putu for high level of attention to all of us and Made with the quality and taste of all the food. Pure magic! Thank you! We will be back.
Asia G, Indonesia, 14-Oct-2019 - 15-Oct-2019The most relaxing villa I have stayed in. So peaceful and restful. Beautiful staff that were so helpful. Thank you for having us.
Vita B, Indonesia, 11-Oct-2019 - 13-Oct-2019Villa yang sangat bagus, bersih dan pelayanan yang ramah. Terima kasih untuk seluruh team. Sukses selalu.
Michael L, New Zealand, 28-Sep-2019 - 04-Oct-2019Team Villa Zelie, your effortless service and friendly smiles have been 6 star. We have loved every minute of our time here at the villa. Tapa's and Putu are legends. You guys are all stars. We love the architecture and the space. Food was outstanding. Was so thoughtful of Putu to remember every ones names. You all made it truly memorable. Thank you.
Vinodh K, Singapore, 10-Aug-2019 - 17-Aug-2019Thank you Villa Zelie for a fabulous week. We came to Bali looking for a relaxing week with two infants and a toddler (which is a high bar) and yet we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. The villa was spacious and gave us various public spaces so we never developed cabin fever. The wonderful staff kindly accommodated request for infants, special dietary meals and the assistance of our private nannies. The location is excellent, we were able to walk to Seminyak for evenings out. We would enthusiastically recommended Villa Zelie to our friends and would be happy to stay here again. Many thanks for a memorable vacation.
Denis C, France, 04-Aug-2019 - 10-Aug-2019We had an amazing week - the service is awesome, the staff is friendly and very careful with our needs. Thank you for everything! The food was excellent too. We will definitely come back.
Aditya M, United Kingdom, 31-Jul-2019 - 04-Aug-2019Always special to come back to this beautiful villa with its joglos and gardens. Chef excellent and staff always there to help. Thank you for taking such good care of us again.
Nurdian C, Indonesia, 09-Jul-2019 - 13-Jul-2019It is very beautiful villa. All staff are polite, warm and friendly.
Daria H, United States, 15-Jun-2019 - 30-Jun-2019Thank you Villa Zelie. From the minute we arrived, all of the staff made us feel at home, the food was incredible. We are not an easy family and we are so grateful for the wonderful care you took of all of us. We hope we can come back someday. Wishing you all the best.
Marysa I, Indonesia, 05-Jun-2019 - 07-Jun-2019Thank you for the wonderfull memories and hospitality throughout our stay.
Zahi A, United Arab Emirates, 03-Jun-2019 - 05-Jun-2019We appreciate your hospitality, it was really nice meeting all of you. Our stay was amazing, relaxing and everything we could ask for you provided. Always going the extra mile for us was a special touch.
Mike P, Philippines, 31-May-2019 - 03-Jun-2019I loved your yummy food and the cook was really funny. I loved the pool too and I loved the rooms and the temple. But the best bit was the amazing butler.
Prashant Y, India, 22-May-2019 - 26-May-2019Villa Zelie was the perfect spot for friends reuniting. Food was excellent - especially the Indonesian dinners (rendang, satay, etc). Both Chefs really took care to provide a delicious spread for every meal. The staff and manager on the property were extremely helpful and friendly. Finally, the property is gorgeous - especially the common area.
Leo M, New Zealand, 26-Apr-2019 - 06-May-2019What a delight. The environment, superb. The staff, even better. We've had a great time. We'll be back!
Thilo G, Germany, 13-Apr-2019 - 26-Apr-2019What can we say, we had perfect 2 weeks here. All we can say is thank you for a fantastic villa, a fantastic team and stay like in heaven. Please keep this special spirit.
Arseniy R, Indonesia, 02-Mar-2019 - 04-Mar-2019Thank you so much for great hospitality. Amazing place, fabulous space, we are so happy. Dream come true.
MJ C, Indonesia, 31-Jan-2019 - 03-Feb-2019All of us had a great time. We would like to say thank you to the staff for the helpful welcome and kindness. We hope to meet again, with our whole family. Great family reunion at Villa Zelie and Bali.
Francisco A, Spain, 31-Dec-2018 - 08-Jan-2019Gracias! That is big thank you in Spain. A wonderful house with amazing staff. We will be back.
Kao S, United States, 23-Dec-2018 - 30-Dec-2018Incredible time at one of the most beautiful villa in Bali. Thanks to all the amazing staff that help made our vacation so memorable. Such an amazing time at one of the most beautiful villas. Wonderful staff with excellent hospitality. Thanks so much for all your hospitality and incredible service. This place is truly amazing. This oasis will be forever in our hearts.
Rinus B, Netherlands, 31-Oct-2018 - 12-Nov-2018Thank you all for the lovely time we spent in Villa Zelie. The staff are great and we enjoyed the food. In time, we will look at the many photo's we took and relive days over here, thank you.
Colin P, United Kingdom, 17-Oct-2018 - 25-Oct-2018We came to Villa Zelie to celebrate my 60th birthday, our 30th wedding anniversary and my recovery from cancer. We flew all of our children here and joined together for a week of fun relaxation and family time. It has been wonderful. Everyone here has been so kind and hospitable and made our week so special.
Senta H, Australia, 28-Sep-2018 - 16-Oct-2018Sincere thanks for making our 17 days stay here so welcoming and enjoyable. With our three children it was important to have a villa where the kids would roam, swim, play and chill out. Our two sets of family friends had just as much fun as we did. However, they only got half the time. We were absolutely blown away by the constant service, attentiveness and genuine care from Putu and Tapa. The food cooked by Made was consistently good. Our favorites were the steamed banana leaf fish and prawn curry. We are very appreciative of the efforts by the entire team.
Sylvain R, Australia, 19-Sep-2018 - 20-Sep-2018Villa Zelie is Amazing. Each side of the villa is well decorated, clean, and well maintained. The bed is super comfortable and each rooms are spacious. The garden is well maintained. You will really feel the serenity at this villa. It's just so beautiful. The whole team is so welcoming, they are very attentive to all our needs and always give us big smiles. Thank you too to our Chef who made us a delicious omelette this morning. Thank you team for taking good care of us, we have enjoyed our stay so much. Villa Zelie, this place is haven made in Bali.
Tim K, United Kingdom, 11-Sep-2018 - 15-Sep-2018Amazing staff! Amazing villa!
Jade V, Canada, 27-Aug-2018 - 10-Sep-2018We loved our stay at Villa Zelie. A very peaceful home for 2 weeks. Everything is possible here. A place where your dreams come true. Best staff in the whole world. Thank you for making this possible. We are forever grateful!
Christophe B, France, 19-Aug-2018 - 24-Aug-2018We spent six days at Villa Zelie. We had big expectations before coming here and I must admit that it was even better. The unique charm of the property, the staff well prepared and always attentive. Next to the beach and perfectly situated. We are able to do everything we planned. Thank you for making our stay delightful - from service, the food, the appetizers and the constant care.
Ted W, United States, 06-Aug-2018 - 15-Aug-2018Thank you for making our 10 year wedding anniversary so exceptionally magical. We all had such a wonderful time with you. Our beds were so comfortable and we loved soaking in the bathtubs. All the children loved swimming in the pool, with all different levels to jump off. Your family and entrance room became the perfect areas to play games, cards, draw and fill our world cup stickers balls. Movie night was also always a family favorite. Thank you to the exceptional warm, friendly and very responsive team.
Aditya M, United Kingdom, 02-Aug-2018 - 06-Aug-2018Knew Bali really well but this has been the most comportable, beautiful house that we have stayed in. Chef excellent, staff could not do more to help. Hope to return very soon.
Isabelle G, Belgium, 18-Jul-2018 - 22-Jul-2018We had a wonderful time at Villa Zelie with friends and family. Beautiful decoration, very nice and friendly staff. We'll recommend for sure in Belgium, thank you.
Clare B, Singapore, 25-May-2018 - 28-May-2018A wonderful stay with very attentive and kind staff.
Jeanette Z, Singapore, 21-May-2018 - 25-May-2018We had a fantastic stay. The service staff are all very good and made our stay truly awesome. Thank you very much. Best chef and butlers ever !
Idriss B, China, 27-Apr-2018 - 01-May-2018Thank you guys for this wonderful stay. That lemon tart was amazing. Please keep up the good vibe. Big shout out to Putu, Tapa and all the staff for making our stay just fantastic. Great atmosphere, great hospitality, we couldn't ask for more. Thank you, terima kasih.
Rebecca S, Australia, 24-Apr-2018 - 25-Apr-2018Thank you for wonderful stay. Staff are fabulous, we hope to return.
David G, Philippines, 07-Apr-2018 - 13-Apr-2018Six fabulous days in this beautiful villa! A big thank you to Putu and Tapa for their effective presence while remaining discreet and thank you to the rest of the staff. A wonderful experience, see you soon.
Abdulrahaman A, United Arab Emirates, 30-Mar-2018 - 07-Apr-2018Thank you all for the perfect service from all staff, the villa is amazing sure it will not be my last time.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions