The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Bendega Nui presides grandly over the luxuriant rice terraces of Canggu, only minutes from a fabulous surf beach and an eclectic choice of restaurants, cafés and local warungs. With five generous bedroom suites spread between a series of pavilions set in tropical gardens of almost an acre, this is a stunning villa for holidaying families and groups of friends who will appreciate the abundant indoor and outdoor spaces and the many entertainment options.
Acclaimed international architect Glenn Parker was consulted on the villa's design, which is a modern take on traditional Balinese architecture and spells luxury in every detail. Indonesian hardwood floors, Indian sandstone and Italian travertine provide the canvas for stunning antiques, artefacts and textiles from across the archipelago, such as the glass-topped canoe serving as a statement buffet table that references the villa's name ('bendega' means fisherman in Balinese). Everything is sized for sociability and comfort, from the huge sofas in the living room and the dining table that seats 20, to the alfresco river-rock bathtub adjoining the fifth bedroom where two can soak with room to spare. The proportions of the double-height living room find a match in the generously sized bedroom suites – all with supremely comfortable beds, unique colour-coordinated decor and rice-field or private garden views.
Villa Bendega Nui's extensive facilities offer plenty to keep guests as busy as they wish to be. In addition to the large swimming pool, there's a games room with pool table and a library with 50-inch TV. With an exceptional chef among the polished 17-strong staff (shared with Bendega Rato) and an extensive suggestion menu to choose from, dining in is an enticing option despite the many excellent restaurants within walking distance.
If additional space is required, two more guests can be accommodated in considerable luxury in an optional master suite, which is linked to Bendega Nui via a garden gateway, and has its own private plunge pool and bale. For even larger groups, the neighbouring three-bedroom Bendega Rato can be added too, giving a total of nine bedrooms. See Bendega Villas' website for details.
Top quality furnishings and finishings
Enchanting rice-terrace views
An ideal party or wedding venue
"We booked the villa on recommendation from our friend who had been here in March. They raved about how fabulous it was. We were blown away by how beautiful the place is and how lovely the staff were. They cannot do enough to make your stay memorable. We had great time. Now back to real life."
Real time availability
Plan & Save 25%
Plan & Save 25%
Grab the best early bird deal ever
Book 90 days in advance and enjoy 25% discount
(usually 150 days and 15% discount)
Book before 28th February or miss out
Terms and conditions:
- Only valid for new bookings received from 3rd December 2018 until 28th February 2019.
- Applicable to all stays completed before 14th December 2019, excluding high and peak season dates.
- Not valid with any other discounts or offers and subject to availability.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 10-Mar-2019.
Features and amenities
- Open-fronted sitting room with a pair of large, comfortable sofas facing the garden
- Air-conditioned dining room with Merbau-wood dining table seating up to 20
- Superbly equipped kitchen with Jura Impressa coffee machines, two fridges, and extra-large oven
- Air-conditioned TV room with 50-inch plasma TV, DVD player, book and DVD libraries
- Adjoining air-conditioned games room with full-size pool table and selection of games
- Sonos digital music system with individual programming zones both indoors and out (remotely controlled from anywhere in the villa)
- Big breezy pool pavilion with giant L-shaped daybed, circular dining table for 10, waterproof poolside beanbags, kitchenette and guest changing room
- Stone-lined 11m x 11m infinity pool with wide shallow shelf and sun deck furnished with loungers and sunshades
- Extensive tropical gardens laid out in a series of courtyards with koi ponds and lawns, dotted with frangipani, oil palms and African tulip trees
- Relaxation/reading bale perched over a koi pond, with comfortable daybed and floor cushions
Three Master Bedrooms
- The first master bedroom occupies a stand-alone pavilion in the gardens next to the swimming pool and features a private balcony overlooking the rice fields
- Two more spacious master bedrooms are located upstairs in the main building, with French doors leading to balconies with stunning rice-terrace and (from one bathroom) ocean views
- All three rooms have luxury four-poster king-size beds draped in mosquito netting, are tastefully furnished with ikat weavings and Asian artefacts and equipped with iPod docks
- All have huge bathrooms with sunken double bathtubs, double basins on travertine vanities, and walk-in rain showers
- Adjoining one upstairs master is a study equipped with laptop computer and printer for guest use
Two Twin Bedrooms
- Both twin bedrooms at Bendega Nui can be converted to king-bedded rooms on request
- One upstairs twin with doors to rice-field-view balcony, 37-inch TV, iPod dock and ensuite bathroom with twin basins and spacious walk-in shower
- One ground-floor twin in private pavilion with sitting area, garden views and huge river-rock tub ‘floating’ at the centre of a fishpond in the room’s generous ensuite bathroom
Optional One-bedroom Pavilion
- Private suite set in a walled garden with plunge pool, sun deck and poolside bale
- Four-poster king bed under a vaulted roof
- iPod dock, TV with DVD player, and minibar
- Magnificent garden bathroom with walk-in rain shower, twin basins and large river-rock tub for two
- Traditional Balinese entrances connect the suite to Bendega Nui (and the three-bedroom Bendega Rato)
Things to do
Bendega Villas’ manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villas.
- The Legendary Beach House at Echo Beach is a ten-minute drive, or a pleasant walk along the beach from the villas. This is a great place in the evenings for watching the beautiful sunsets. The restaurant has a large eating area that spills out onto a beachside bluff offering a casual international menu, and at weekends has a daily seafood barbecue. Also at Echo Beach is Sticky Fingers, – a great place for coffee, smoothies and fresh juices.
- Other local places to eat include the grandly named Deus Ex Machina – Temple of Enthusiasm, which serves a wide range of Asian food with cold beer in a combination art gallery clothing store cum motorcycle repair shop within a five minute walk from the villa. There are also several smaller restaurants serving Asian cuisine within walking distance, including one at the Ametis villas that serves only organic produce, Betelnut, Kakilima and Crate café.
- Also within walking distance along the beach is The Tugu Hotel, a living museum of priceless antiques and rare cultural artefacts. The Tugu also offers casual and fine dining restaurants and a delightful spa. Across the road and practically beachfront is a great cafe, Old Man’s, where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner, daily happy hour, often live music and a monthly Saturday market
- Trendy Seminyak is just 20 minutes’ drive away has a wide choice of international restaurants. Our favourites for world class dining include the legendary Ku De Ta, The Living Room, La Lucciola, Petitenget Café, Sarong, Sardine, Metis, Potato head, La Favela, La Plancha, Mosaic, Merah Putih, Bambu, Urchin, Barbacoa, Mexicola and MAMA San. More casual restaurants include the Bali Deli, La Sal, Cafe Moka, Made’s Warung I & II, Naughty Nuri's, Hog Wild in Bali, Biku, Casa Loca, La Barca, and last but not least Grocer and Grind, the best coffee in Bali. There are also a number of chic cocktail bars (try the Hu’u Bar late at night) and exciting night clubs such as Townhouse. Seminyak also has many lavish spas and elegant boutiques.
- About 15 minutes’ drive from Bendega Villas is the most famous temples in Bali, Tanah Lot Sea Temple.
- Other sports available nearby include Kuda P riding stables, Aquamarine scuba diving, off-road quad biking, surfing schools and fishing.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. At 850m above sea level, the view from the Jatiluwih rice terraces, which has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2008, is one of the finest imaginable. Alternatively, head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Bold and brave bargain hunters should head for one of Denpasar’s markets within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital, for an exciting and rewarding shopping experience.
- Borrow one of the villa’s bicycles and explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages – a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions