Des Indes II
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Villa Des Indes II marries the best of Bali with oomph, comfort and a dash of colonial extravagance. Part of the exclusive Laksmana Villas, this beautiful five-bedroom holiday home enjoys an enviable location, walking distance from exciting bars, highly-rated restaurants and the many pleasures of Petitenget Beach.
Just a hint of nostalgia can be found in its architecture, with five traditional Balinese-style pavilions set around two private swimming pools. At Villa Des Indes II, there’s no closeting yourself up, rather it's all about open-concept living in breezy surroundings that are remarkably quiet given their proximity to Seminyak’s many attractions. Read a book at the shaded poolside bale, get an outdoor massage in absolute privacy on the massage terrace surrounded by lush greenery, or mix refreshing cocktails at the villa’s private bar. With plenty of room for everyone, this is the perfect option for a large group of friends and families who appreciate having their own space to retreat to, and a multitude of living areas for when they wish to socialise.
Within the vaulted, teak wood-lined pavilions is a wealth of colonial-style furniture, prized antiques, and Asian ceramics and artefacts. Blending in easily with this heritage influence, find contemporary luxuries such as dreamy four-poster beds, indulgent bathtubs, flat-screen televisions and Bose speakers. Not to mention the luxury of having a professional team of staff catering to your every whim including an accomplished chef who will be delighted to serve mouthwatering fare to your entire group. For more options, you could always stroll down the main Seminyak street and discover popular Bali restaurants and beach bars such as La Lucciola, Ku De Ta and Potato Head.
For larger groups (up to 18 adults and four extra children), the villa can be rented in conjunction with the four-bedroom Des Indes I next door, to create a nine-bedroom estate with three pools. It’s a great option for extended families and reunions.
Fantastic Seminyak location
Fabulous artefact-rich design
Individual bedroom pavilions
Private chef among the staff
Moments from the beach
"Thank you for the amazing time. We had great professional staff, really had a good time, great food and great service."
Real time availability
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Avoid the crowds and book a private villa to holiday safely with your family. Elite Havens offers a guaranteed refund if travel is affected by the coronavirus. Book with confidence, book an elite haven.
We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario. So should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund or you can choose to move your stay within 12 months of your check-in date, in the same villa, for the same number of nights and in the same (or lower) season. Valid for new bookings from 19 February 2020 onwards.
Terms & conditions:
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 05-May-2020.
- Large living pavilion with two seating areas and dining table for 10
- Open-sided sitting area with antique daybed
- Colonial style furniture throughout
- Bar area
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Poolside dining pergola with seating for four
- Large cushion-covered poolside bale
- Two swimming pools (16 x 4m and 10 x 3m)
- Pool terraces and sun loungers
- All five bedrooms at Des Indes Villa II are air-conditioned, with teakwood floors, oriental rugs and antique-style furniture
- All rooms are equipped with large curved TVs with satellite channels
- All bedrooms are ensuite, with air-conditioned bathrooms featuring twin basins, bathtub, monsoon shower, and walk-in wardrobe with dressing table
- Four of the bedrooms are furnished with king-size four-poster beds; the fifth room has a set of twin beds that can convert to a king-size four-poster bed
- Four of the bedrooms open onto the pool terraces, one is on the upper level with a private rooftop terrace
Things to do
Des Indes Villas’ manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Chat to the staff too; many have been attached to the villa for some time and are a great source of insider information. In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Petitenget, Merah Putih, Sardine and Métis.
- It’s possible to walk the sands of Seminyak’s Petitenget Beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beachside bars.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (9km) where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot, or try Old Man's – a more casual café across the road for alfresco all day dining
- Des Indes I is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot (18 km), although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions