Des Indes II
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Villa Des Indes II marries the best of Bali with oomph, comfort and a dash of colonial extravagance. Part of the exclusive Laksmana Villas, this beautiful five-bedroom holiday home enjoys an enviable location, walking distance from exciting bars, highly-rated restaurants and the many pleasures of Petitenget Beach.
Just a hint of nostalgia can be found in its architecture, with five traditional Balinese-style pavilions set around two private swimming pools. At Villa Des Indes II, there’s no closeting yourself up, rather it's all about open-concept living in breezy surroundings that are remarkably quiet given their proximity to Seminyak’s many attractions. Read a book at the shaded poolside balé, get an outdoor massage in absolute privacy on the massage terrace surrounded by lush greenery, or mix refreshing cocktails at the villa’s private bar. With plenty of room for everyone, this is the perfect option for a large group of friends and families who appreciate having their own space to retreat to, and a multitude of living areas for when they wish to socialise.
Within the vaulted, teak wood-lined pavilions is a wealth of colonial-style furniture, prized antiques, and Asian ceramics and artefacts. Blending in easily with this heritage influence, find contemporary luxuries such as dreamy four-poster beds, indulgent bathtubs, flat-screen televisions and Bose speakers. Not to mention the luxury of having a professional team of staff catering to your every whim including an accomplished chef who will be delighted to serve mouthwatering fare to your entire group. For more options, you could always stroll down the main Seminyak street and discover popular Bali restaurants and beach bars such as La Lucciola and Potato Head.
For larger groups (up to 18 adults and four extra children), the villa can be rented in conjunction with the four-bedroom Des Indes I next door, to create a nine-bedroom estate with three pools. It’s a great option for extended families and reunions.
Fantastic Seminyak location
Fabulous artefact-rich design
Individual bedroom pavilions
Private chef among the staff
Moments from the beach
"Thank you for the amazing time. We had great professional staff, really had a good time, great food and great service."
Rates and availability
Staycation at an elite haven
Staycation at an elite haven
Retreat into a world of luxury. Idyllic location, guaranteed privacy, and no one to share the five-star facilities with – what's not to love? When you stay at an elite haven, it is your personal home away from home for the duration of your stay. Stay for a while, take advantage of our exclusive rates, and treat yourself to a safe stay in the luxury of your private villa. Book and stay for a minimum of 2 nights anytime from now until 25 June 2021 and enjoy 30% off villa rates. Stay for 5 nights and enjoy 30% off plus a complimentary one-way airport transfer, a 1-hour in-villa massage per guest, a Balinese family-style dinner, plus early check-in or late check-out.
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply. Book with confidence and stay safe, book an elite haven.
Terms and conditions:
- Valid for new bookings received from 27 January 2021 onwards.
- Valid on stays from now until 25 June 2021.
- Minimum stay of 2 nights enjoy 30% discount.
- Minimum stay of 5 nights enjoy 30% off plus a complimentary one-way airport transfer, a 1-hour in-villa massage per guest, a Balinese family-style dinner, plus early check-in or late check-out.
- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers.
- Early check-in/late check-out is subject to availability.
- One-time Balinese family-style dinner per stay for all guests staying at the villa, excluding beverages.
- The property’s availability is subject to change.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 21-May-2021.
- Large living pavilion with two seating areas and dining table for 10
- Open-sided sitting area with antique daybed
- Colonial style furniture throughout
- Bar area
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Poolside dining pergola with seating for four
- Large cushion-covered poolside bale
- Two swimming pools (16 x 4m and 10 x 3m)
- Pool terraces and sun loungers
- All five bedrooms at Des Indes Villa II are air-conditioned, with teakwood floors, oriental rugs and antique-style furniture
- All rooms are equipped with large curved TVs with satellite channels
- All bedrooms are ensuite, with air-conditioned bathrooms featuring twin basins, bathtub, monsoon shower, and walk-in wardrobe with dressing table
- Four of the bedrooms are furnished with king-size four-poster beds; the fifth room has a set of twin beds that can convert to a king-size four-poster bed
- Four of the bedrooms open onto the pool terraces, one is on the upper level with a private rooftop terrace
Things to do
Des Indes Villas’ manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Chat to the staff too; many have been attached to the villa for some time and are a great source of insider information. In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Mama San, Petitenget, Sardine and Métis.
- It’s possible to walk the sands of Seminyak’s Petitenget Beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beachside bars.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (9km) where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot, or try Old Man's – a more casual café across the road for alfresco all day dining
- Des Indes I is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot (18 km), although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (52)
Deena P, Indonesia, 14-Feb-2020 - 21-Feb-2020Thank you for the amazing time. We had great professional staff, really had a good time, great food and great service.
Cinyee L, Australia, 08-Feb-2020 - 14-Feb-2020Thank you for an amazing stay. The staff are EXCEPTIONAL, the service was amazing. Thank you so much also for the surprise birthday it was definitely the highlight of the trip. We wish you the very best and cannot wait to be back.
Jiali J, China, 02-Feb-2020 - 07-Feb-2020We stay 5 nights in this villa, excellent service and the staff was professional.
Kaihung H, Taiwan, 21-Jan-2020 - 25-Jan-2020We had a wonderful time during our stay, the villa and the staffs provide a great service for us, they made sure that our stay was the best possible. We really appreciated all of the hard work they did to make our time in Bali so enjoyable. Hoping to visit again in the near future.
Faure C, Australia, 06-Jan-2020 - 16-Jan-2020Had the most lovely time staying here in the heart of everything. Was so serene and all the team have been so helpful and took such amazing care of all of us. Great food and a very central location to everything.
Morvin T, Indonesia, 06-Sep-2019 - 08-Sep-2019Thank you for the amazing hospitality - highly recommended place to stay.
Heidi M, Singapore, 30-Aug-2019 - 03-Sep-2019Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality. It was the perfect stay for our reunion - enabling us for relax in such a gorgeous setting and gave us the feeling of a home away from home. We look forward to returning again in the near future and wish you further success for many years to come. We couldn't have imagined a better stay.
Douglas F, Singapore, 05-Jul-2019 - 16-Jul-2019We have lost count of the days and the time which is just what we intended for my Bali visit this time. Des Indes II has been a glorious place for a family get together and we could not have been more content. Thank you for such a lovely stay, it has been unforgettable. It is such a beautiful villa but even better the staff and become friend. You have all gone above and beyond for us and could not thank you more for our stay. We will definitely be back to see you all.
Christine D, Australia, 30-Jun-2019 - 05-Jul-2019We have had the most beautiful and relaxing stay - the villa was the best place to spend our five days in Bali. A huge thanks to the staff for being so incredibility helpful and informative.
Amit M, Australia, 16-Jun-2019 - 21-Jun-2019An absolutely amazing stay at Des Indes II. Our family of twelve found the stay extremely enjoyable and delightful - special mention to the staff for their efforts in making our time here a truly memorable one. All the staff made all possible efforts to make our stay very comfortable. We are truly glad to have made Des Indes II our preferred choice in Bali and we are surely going to recommend it to all our wider circle of friends.
Chris M, Australia, 09-Jun-2019 - 15-Jun-2019We thank you all for making our first trip to Bali absolutely wonderful experience. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. One of the most beautiful places that I have stayed in. The staff were amazing and made our experience even better than we could have imagined. Thank you for your kindness and attentiveness. Totally amazing and made us all feel special. We will definitely be coming back.
Ina B, Australia, 03-Jun-2019 - 09-Jun-2019Our first stay in a Bali villa and what an experience. A great location to the beaches and some brilliant restaurants and later we would relax and chat. A big thanks goes to all the staff at Des Indes - very friendly, very attentive and they all made us feel very special.
Aakriti S, India, 29-May-2019 - 02-Jun-2019Glad that we made the choice of Bali, although Sri Lanka, Thailand are much closer to us in India. The extended family born in US joined and it was great fun. Our daughter made the selection of Des Indes and we are in love with this place - rooms well appointed, the pool, the open central place which was just right for a large group of 12. The location was superb, with the best eating area places very close by. The service standard excellent with special mention to Khrisna, Agung, Dewi, Asih and Chandra - they were so attentive and serve with a smile. We will surely return for a longer break and definitely recommend this villa to our large friends and family.
Robin G, United States, 14-May-2019 - 24-May-2019We Have stayed in many villas in Bali and can honestly say this is the best overall. All the bedrooms are spacious with good bath rooms, great location, great food but most importantly the service has been amazing and we have been so well looked after. Will definitely be back.
Charlotte L, United States, 03-May-2019 - 05-May-2019Thank you all for the lovely time in Villa Des Indes and for being accommodating to our two pregnant ladies and little babies. We love the villa, the breakfast and especially the staff who always look after us.
Brendan B, Australia, 20-Apr-2019 - 24-Apr-2019How amazing this villa is, such a beautiful villa with friendly staff. Relaxing stay, great facilities and will be definitely stay here again soon.
Karina D, Australia, 13-Apr-2019 - 19-Apr-2019Thank you very much for such a beautiful location, wonderful staff and a great relaxing break. Thanks for the welcome Komang and the attentive and friendly support of staff. Would love to come back again one day.
Idris R, India, 11-Mar-2019 - 14-Mar-2019Super trip and the best ambiance that I have ever had. This villa is so lovely and it is difficult to leave it. The staff especially are so hospitable and kind that our stay here felt like home. Looking forward to coming and staying here again.
Tonia B, United States, 16-Oct-2018 - 19-Oct-2018Thank you for an amazing vacation, your accommodations was perfect. The traditional style villa was just what we were looking for, the entire staff did an exceptional job in providing us with attention, friendliness, caring and warmth. They made us feel like we were home and his will not be the last time we visit.
Nurdian C, Indonesia, 10-Oct-2018 - 12-Oct-2018Most authentic Balinese style villa, big clean bedrooms, excellent service and wonderful villa.
Kirsten B, Australia, 02-Oct-2018 - 08-Oct-2018We celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary with the renewing of the vows ceremony dinner and drink at Villa Des Indes I, it was perfect. Wonderful, happy, helpful team made our whole 7 days stay an absolute pleasure.
Graham B, Australia, 23-Sep-2018 - 02-Oct-2018We stay 9 days at Villa Des Indes II and it was a bliss. Beautiful rooms and pools, lovely and helpful staff, excellent location also. Excellent in all respects.
Molly G, Australia, 14-Sep-2018 - 23-Sep-2018Thank you villa Des Indes for a wonderful stay, we had an amazing time in a beautiful villa. Disappointed that our time here has come to an end so quickly. Thank you to friendly, helpful staff who made us fell welcome and pampered.
Emily C, Australia, 24-Aug-2018 - 27-Aug-2018Thank you so much for helping me celebrate my 40th. Your hospitality, smiles and helpful manner made it run so smoothly.
Naomi S, Australia, 17-Aug-2018 - 24-Aug-2018We had a wonderful stay. The hospitality and service was great .The accommodation and atmosphere was fabulous, everyone was polite and friendly. Will definitely recommend it to our friends and family.
Jason C, Australia, 10-May-2018 - 14-May-2018Thank you for looking after us, we had the best time and the hospitality was world class. Thank you for the service with a smile and for going above and beyond. We will be back.
Caroline H, Singapore, 27-Apr-2018 - 01-May-2018We enjoyed every minute of our stay - stunning villa, great staff and amazing service.
Cathy P, South Africa, 22-Apr-2018 - 27-Apr-2018Thank you for the amazing time that we had at Villa Des Indes II. We are sad to leave. Thank you to all the wonderful staff for the great service, delicious meals, willingness and patience. Your friendly smiles will always be remembered. Will not hesitate to visit again.
Adam F, Australia, 30-Mar-2018 - 09-Apr-2018You have a beautiful villa with amazing staff - staff are friendly and polite. We have enjoyed every minute and been spoilt rotten.
Andrea R, Australia, 15-Mar-2018 - 19-Mar-2018Very relaxing villa - lovely staff who looked after us well.
Mary D, Australia, 04-Mar-2018 - 11-Mar-2018We have had a magnificent stay, very peaceful. Staff have been amazing and very attentive to all our needs. Will look forward to returning again soon.
Alister C, Australia, 28-Feb-2018 - 04-Mar-2018Thank you so much for an amazing time. Could not have chosen a better villa for our holiday. We will be back.
Lisa, Indonesia, 15-Feb-2018 - 18-Feb-2018Thank you for your wonderful hospitality and service. Villa Des Indes are making our Chinese New Year celebration so memorable. Definitely we will be back again to this lovely place.
Lee Z, Australia, 13-Jan-2018 - 17-Jan-2018Thank you for the gorgeous stay at Villa Des Indes. We had a wonderful time here and the staff are all fantastic and so helpful, always smiley. We will be back.
Anton V, Russia, 10-Jan-2018 - 13-Jan-2018Thank you so much for your hospitality and our comfortable stay. We will hope to come back to this lovely place soon.
Anthony H, Australia, 27-Dec-2017 - 02-Jan-2018To the fabulous staff at Villa Des Indes II, you have made our stay special in every way. We will always remember the friendliness and care towards our every needs. We look forward to seeing you and spending time with you all when we return to beautiful Bali and your beautiful villa.
Kendric C, Malaysia, 21-Dec-2017 - 26-Dec-2017A wonderfull relaxing stay at Villa Des Indes. Ideal for winding down for us. Staff were great and breakfast were decent. All is wonderful.
Darius L, Singapore, 20-Nov-2017 - 24-Nov-2017Thank you for your five star service during our 4 nights stay. Made the rain seem lighter and definitely made our stay more memorable. We had a fabulous time here.
Pauline Y, Indonesia, 13-Nov-2017 - 16-Nov-2017Beautiful villa, beautiful Bali. We had a fabulous time here in Villa Des Indes II, lovely villa and staff. Thank you and we will be back.
Reema S, India, 09-Nov-2017 - 12-Nov-2017We had a lovely stay here, the atmosphere and location was great. The staff has been helpful too. These 3 nights were really memorable and would highly recommend this place.
Vinod S, India, 25-Oct-2017 - 28-Oct-2017The experience of staying in a villa was like you are at home. The staff was very warm, welcoming and hospitable. Had a lovely time.
Tricia A, Indonesia, 15-Oct-2017 - 22-Oct-2017Thank you, we have enjoyed a lovely 7 days relaxing here at Villa Des Indes II fabulous villa, the staff have all been friendly, helpful and always on hand to keep us happy. Love the "bell" bar service too.
Leonei K, Australia, 19-Aug-2017 - 24-Aug-2017Thank you for the lovely relaxing time at over 5 nights. It was a great stay, lovely spot, wonderful atmosphere and the most friendly, loving staff. We will definitely be back.
Clara L, Indonesia, 10-Aug-2017 - 14-Aug-2017Thank you for the excellence service!
Susan E, Australia, 28-Jul-2017 - 07-Aug-2017Thank you to the team we have had a wonderful time and have been exceptionally well looked after. The only regret we have is we have to leave today. We highly recommend this place for a holiday.
Finian B, United Kingdom, 14-Jul-2017 - 22-Jul-2017The level of service is not only good but consistently good. In fact it was faultless. The villa was amazing and the food is incredible. Thank you for making us feel welcome Des Indes Team.
Slater M, Indonesia, 01-Jul-2017 - 09-Jul-2017We have really enjoyed our stay here in this beautiful villa. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. We are very lucky to have stayed here and we hope to return someday.
Kaur N, Australia, 17-Jun-2017 - 22-Jun-2017It has been a very joyful experience staying at your beautifull property and being looked after by your very loving and caring team. Are already looking forward to coming back.
Villa Des I, Indonesia, 30-May-2017 - 11-Jun-2017Thank you for your caring, attitude and warm hospitality. We enjoyed our stay. It was so nice to return to your smiling faces after each outing. We so appreciate you treating us like family. Our stay has been truly unforgettable during our dream vacation to Bali.
Angela M, Australia, 05-May-2017 - 13-May-2017Villa Des Indes is without a doubt a beautiful holiday destination in a superb location. What really makes it special however is the fabulous team behind the scenes. The staff at the villa really make this a villa of choice - friendly, helpful and efficient - fantastic team. Beautiful villa, amazing location - I will be back. Thank you.
Manish G, India, 20-Apr-2017 - 25-Apr-2017Thank you for an amazing stay in Villa Des Indes. Absolutely gorgeous environment and service. Beautiful design and details, comfortable beds made our holiday truly unforgettable.
Khoury C, Australia, 07-Apr-2017 - 17-Apr-2017Thank you for making our stay here so special. The villa is absolutely beautiful, the service and the staff were absolutely perfect. It's been fantastic trip.
Last viewed villas