The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Six-bedroom Villa Canggu is located just 100 metres from the beach in the tiny fishing village of Nelayan, close to Canggu, on Bali’s south-west coast. Highly versatile, Villa Canggu is really two villas in one, and can be neatly combined or separated by installing or removing sliding ‘wall’ panels. Together, the villas can sleep up to 12 adults and share two indoor living areas, an alfresco dining pavilion, two pools, a kids’ wading pool, a full kitchen, and lush tropical walled gardens. The villa is well equipped for kids and works well for groups of friends or families travelling together with independent teens.
Villa Canggu South is the larger of the two villas and has four bedrooms to Villa Canggu North’s two, yet when the sliding panels between the villas are removed the boundaries between them are dissolved. Villa Canggu’s design is bright, intelligent and stylishly modern, with roomy interiors blessed with an incredible private collection of paintings, installations and murals by noteworthy Indonesian artists. The villa is set across two floors and in all but one of the bedrooms the king-sized beds can be made up as twins to offer further flexibility.
Villa Canggu’s professional team of staff presides over the villa, and includes a manager, villa attendants, 24-hour security and a private chef. A car with driver is also available at discounted daily rate.
Canggu is fast evolving into Bali's hippest beachside scene, with a laid-back vibe, numerous eateries, vibrant live music venues, yoga studios, spas and some chic beachwear boutiques, all within a mere five-minute drive.
Click on these links to find out more about the arty four-bedroom Villa Canggu South and more intimate two-bedroom Villa Canggu North or visit the Villa Canggu website to see how the villas can be combined to meet your holiday requirements.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Villa Canggu sits 100 metres from the beach in a local village neighbourhood. A few hundred metres in either direction along the beach are some popular beach bars and small restaurants, which get busy at sunset. Check out Old Man’s restaurant, bar and live music venue a short walk up the beach to the north, as well as the well-known Echo Beach for daily barbecues and Sunday-night live music. If you are interested in learning to surf, High Tide Surf School (for kids and adults) is situated just five minutes’ walk up the beach at Batu Bolong. Nelayan Beach, which is just 150 steps from the villa, is also popular for surfing and equally-thrilling kite surfing.More information for Things to do
Villa Canggu’s manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Villa Canggu is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot, although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Mama San, Sardine and Métis.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel on the coast, a few minutes closer to the villa, is also a good sunset spot.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Have a go at riding the local ponies at Bali Equestrian Center. See the beaches and beautiful landscapes of Bali from a different perspective.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Villa Canggu North’s retractable wall panels neatly divide the villas yet may be removed to merge the villas’ pools and gardens together seamlessly.
- Air-conditioned living areas with satellite TVs and DVD players
- Two indoor dining areas, one of which is furnished with a bar
- Chill out mezzanine reading room with balcony and sea views
- Astonishing collection of artwork, wall murals and installations
- A full kitchen and a smaller kitchenette
- A 20-metre pool (with integrated kids’ pool) and an 8-metre pool
- Pool decks with sun loungers and parasols
- Open-sided poolside dining pavilion with large table and bench seats
- Private walled tropical garden with lawns and water features
- Six king-size bedrooms (five of which convert to twins) with stylish ensuite bathrooms equipped with walk-in rainshowers
- The master suite in Villa Canggu South has a private terrace and jacuzzi tub-for-two whilst the upstairs guest suite has a circular tub-for-two
- The two first-floor bedrooms in Villa Canggu North interconnect
- Bedrooms are air-conditioned, and are fitted with satellite TVs and DVD players
Meals can be a simple affair, a poolside barbecue, or a grand banquet according to your whims. We recommend that you try some of the chef’s special Indonesian and Balinese dishes for a true cultural experience.
Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus 20%++ handling fee. Guests will be requested to provide grocery money in advance, and the staff will do the shopping and keep the receipts for reference. To make the most of the kitchen and give staff time to shop, it is a good idea to plan meals with the staff the evening before. View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service