The Ylang Ylang
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Nestled between coconut trees and the white sands of Ketewel, Sanur on Bali’s southeast coast, the six-bedroom Villa Ylang Ylang residence oozes luxury and glamour. Villa Ylang Ylang’s lifestyle mantra is ‘passionate serenity’ – a concept that abounds throughout with interiors revealing exquisite tastes and sophisticated facilities for discerning guests, including a 16-metre pool and home-theatre. The secluded beachfront setting overlooking the Badung Strait offer a retreat of absolute calm and well-being.
Contemporary Asian in design and lavishly appointed, the architectural grandeur of this six-bedroom property emphasises majestic dimensions to create an atmosphere of serenity and refinement. And, with its idyllic scenery of verdant rice fields and coconut groves, this beachfront property resting on landscaped gardens and facing the Indian Ocean’s crashing surf is quite simply a spectacular sight.
At Villa Ylang Ylang, the pursuit of relaxation is a serious business with a top-notch theatre room and a series of intimate, luxurious outdoor spaces, while gastronomic pursuits are more than satisfied by the kitchen, which produces fine dining par excellence.
This beautiful villa has been lovingly designed and furnished by its owner with hints of Versace and European sophistication and it’s no wonder as guests have included international celebrities and royalty, discreetly served by the experienced yet charming villa staff.
Villa Ylang Ylang is much more than a luxury beachside residence, with yoga and spa treatments, health-conscious food and calming chill-out zones – it’s a retreat of majestic beauty and food for the soul.
Unbelievable imposing atrium setting
Overlooking the beach and ocean
Lovely refreshing 15m pool
Easy reach of Sanur and Ubud
"Thank you to all the staff, very good food and we will be back. "
Real time availability
Plan & Save 25%
Plan & Save 25%
Grab the best early bird deal ever
Book 90 days in advance and enjoy 25% discount
(usually 150 days and 15% discount)
Book before 28th February or miss out
Terms and conditions:
- Only valid for new bookings received from 3rd December 2018 until 28th February 2019.
- Applicable to all stays completed before 14th December 2019, excluding high and peak season dates.
- Not valid with any other discounts or offers and subject to availability.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 08-Mar-2019.
Features and amenities
- Two-story main pavilion with 11m high atrium featuring an open-sided living and dining area with various spaces for relaxation
- Formal dining area accommodating 12-14 people
- Separate, fully-equipped kitchen
- Air-conditioned theatre room equipped with satellite TV, DVD and wall-projected movie screen, large sofas and well-equipped office
- Mezzanine-style gallery provides and two intimate dining space and a centrally-positioned balcony with bi-fold glass doors
- 16m salt-water swimming pool central to the villa’s expansive manicured lawn area
- Large stone pool deck furnished with multi-functional sun bed and umbrellas
- Timber sundeck located towards the river with sun loungers and umbrellas
- Two traditional bales at either end of the property
- Two luxurious master suites face each other across the pool and furnished with king-sized, contemporary four-poster bed, vanity and couch
- Outdoor furnished terrace with private plunge pool
- Lavish ensuite bathroom featuring large sunken-baths, room-size walk-in shower, his n’ hers washbasins and small courtyard
- Satellite TV and DVD player
- Two queen-rooms furnished with queen-sized, four-poster beds
- Wood and glass sliding doors leading to chic ensuite bathrooms featuring mini-sunken-tubs that double a showers (massage shower)
- Two twin rooms which are accessed via internal sliding doors from each of the queen guestrooms – ideal for families with children
- Twin bed configuration with mosquito netting (in one room)
- Ensuites with showers
Villa Ylang Ylang rests in the quiet coastal village of Saba, in an area collectively known as Ketewel, within Bali’s eastern Gianyar Regency.
This eastern coastal region is an exceptionally wonderful part of the island – naturally beautiful, amazingly unspoilt and packed with cultural and scenic attractions.
Saba is the quintessianal Balinese village, distinctive with its stretches of emerald rice fields and coconut groves, dotted with a harmonious mix of unobtrusive foreign residences and local dwellings.
Villa Ylang Ylang’s gardens stretch down to Saba Beach, with a reminder Bali is a volcanic island, as its sands are shimmering black. The deserted stretch of beach offers unobstructed panoramas with stunning views across the Badung Strait and Nusa Penida, opposite, one of Bali’s smaller sister islands. And on a clear day, the silhouette of towering volcano, Mount Agung, is visible in the distance. Sunrises are a spectacular treat here, especially over Nusa Penida’s limestone cliffs.
[It’s worth noting that as Bali is also still a developing country, the beach is sometimes at the mercy of external influences and people’s disregard for the environment.]
A tidal river flows between the beach and villa; Peanut River alters its course with every changing season, so access to the beach requires crossing the river half of the year by way of a small boat provided by the villa.
With strong currents directly in front, it’s safer to swim in a protected bay area just five minutes westwards (or head south to the calm waters of nearby Sanur).
The offshore reef here is renowned for its surf breaks, and there’s excellent surfing to be had ten minutes in either direction of the villa: nearby Mascheti Beach has world-class surf breaks and hosts international surfing tournaments.
Saba is famous for its traditional Gamalan music, producing some of the finest Legong dancers on the island; private performances at the villa by young traditional dancing girls can be arranged. Balinese Hindu purification ceremonies are held beside the sea at nearby sacred Pura Segara sea temple; the main temple stands at the entrance to the road leading to Villa Ylang Ylang, where prayer blessings are performed daily.
Things to do
The villa manager will typically have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Invariably some of them will live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- If you’ve always dreamt of galloping along the beach at sunset, now’s your chance. Saba Bay stables, located in Saba village, can arrange horse riding trails along the black sands and crashing waves of Saba Beach, passing bamboo and alang-alang plantations, local temples – even the villa itself!
- You’re just 20 minutes’ drive from the historical village of Sanur, Bali’s original tourist enclave. Its lovely broad expanse of golden sands sheltered by a reef makes this for the perfect spot for safe swimming. Make the most of the diverse array of water sports available and some excellent eating places along the five-kilometre seafront promenade.
- Don’t miss a trip up to Bali’s cultural and artistic hub, Ubud, a 25-minute scenic drive. This is the best place to catch traditional Balinese dance performances – especially at the town’s Royal Palace, magically illuminated at night. Ubud has also recently evolved as an upmarket destination, boasting cutting-edge restaurants like Mozaic and world-class spas such as award-winning COMO Shambhala.
- You can purchase plenty of arts, crafts and souvenirs in Ubud, but why not get them at source, at Ubud’s outlying traditional artisan villages? There’s wider options at great value to be found at Celuk, famous for silverware, Batubulan for stone carvings, Mas for wood carvings and Sukawati, for its arts and crafts market – all just 10 to 20-minutes drive away.
- Just off the mainland are the islands of Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida – both famous for their scuba diving and snorkeling, with excellent dive sites and rich marine life. Boat trips from Sanur or Padangbai can easily be arranged. Further along the east coast, Amed and Tulamben offer isolated reefs – the latter, also has shipwreck diving.
- Plenty of family attractions in the area include Bali Safari & Marine Park, just five minutes away, home to hundreds of animals, with elephant back safari and marine park. Alternatively, just up the coast in Amuk Bay, marvel at stunning marine life and coral reefs without getting your feet wet, with Odyssey Submarine Adventure.
- The island’s world-famous Bali Spirit Festival of Dance, Music and Yoga is actually hosted only ten minutes from the villa, at Batuan. This annual celebration attracts thousands from around the globe, plus celebrated musicians, yogis and dancers. At other times, yoga devotees can book private yoga classes at the villa, or head to Ubud’s renowned Yoga Barn.
- Fashionistas and shop-a-holics should drive over to the west coast – around 45 minutes away – where you’ll find Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave, Seminyak. Here, indulge in globally-inspired gourmet restaurants, stylish boutiques and hipper-than-thou bars – including the much hyped Ku Dé Ta, on Seminyak beachfront.
- For a day of culture and dramatic landscapes elsewhere, drive north to the mountain town of Bedugul. From here, explore three volcanic lakes, including Bratan, with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most sacred temples.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions