The Ylang Ylang
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Nestled between coconut trees and the volcanic basalt sands of Ketewel, Sanur on Bali’s southeast coast, the six-bedroom Villa Ylang Ylang residence oozes luxury and glamour. Villa Ylang Ylang’s lifestyle mantra is ‘passionate serenity’ – a concept that abounds throughout with interiors revealing exquisite tastes and sophisticated facilities for discerning guests, including a 16-metre pool and home-theatre. The secluded beachfront setting overlooking the Badung Strait offer a retreat of absolute calm and well-being.
Contemporary Asian in design and lavishly appointed, the architectural grandeur of this six-bedroom property emphasises majestic dimensions to create an atmosphere of serenity and refinement. And, with its idyllic scenery of verdant rice fields and coconut groves, this beachfront property resting on landscaped gardens and facing the Indian Ocean’s crashing surf is quite simply a spectacular sight.
At Villa Ylang Ylang, the pursuit of relaxation is a serious business with a top-notch theatre room and a series of intimate, luxurious outdoor spaces, while gastronomic pursuits are more than satisfied by the kitchen, which produces fine dining par excellence.
This beautiful villa has been lovingly designed and furnished by its owner with hints of Versace and European sophistication and it’s no wonder as guests have included international celebrities and royalty, discreetly served by the experienced yet charming villa staff.
Villa Ylang Ylang is much more than a luxury beachside residence, with yoga and spa treatments, health-conscious food and calming chill-out zones – it’s a retreat of majestic beauty and food for the soul.
Unbelievable imposing atrium setting
Overlooking the beach and ocean
Lovely refreshing 15m pool
Easy reach of Sanur and Ubud
"Thank you for lovely stay. Good food and friendly staff."
Rates and availability
Staycation at an elite haven
Staycation at an elite haven
Retreat into a world of luxury. Idyllic location, guaranteed privacy, and no one to share the five-star facilities with – what's not to love? When you stay at an elite haven, it is your personal home away from home for the duration of your stay. Stay for a while, take advantage of our exclusive rates, and treat yourself to a safe stay in the luxury of your private villa. Book and stay for a minimum of 2 nights anytime from now until 25 June 2021 and enjoy 30% off villa rates. Stay for 5 nights and enjoy 30% off plus a complimentary one-way airport transfer, a 1-hour in-villa massage per guest, a Balinese family-style dinner, plus early check-in or late check-out.
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply. Book with confidence and stay safe, book an elite haven.
Terms and conditions:
- Valid for new bookings received from 25 January 2021 onwards.
- Valid on stays from now until 25 June 2021.
- Minimum stay of 2 nights enjoy 30% discount.
- Minimum stay of 5 nights enjoy 30% off plus a complimentary one-way airport transfer, a 1-hour in-villa massage per guest, a Balinese family-style dinner, plus early check-in or late check-out.
- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers.
- Early check-in/late check-out is subject to availability.
- One-time Balinese family-style dinner per stay for all guests staying at the villa, excluding beverages.
- The property’s availability is subject to change.
Long Stay Specials - Escape to an Island
Long Stay Specials - Escape to an IslandWork remotely from a gorgeous island and save more on long stays.
Book and stay for a minimum of 7 nights anytime from now until 25 June 2021 and enjoy up to 50% off villa rates.
Terms and conditions:- Valid on new bookings received from now, for stays until 25 June 2021- Minimum stay of 7 nights for weekly rates (limited services available)- Housekeeping service 3 times a week- Exclusive use of the villa and facilities- Inclusive of Wi·Fi, electricity and security- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers- The property’s availability is subject to change
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 18-May-2021.
- Two-story main pavilion with 11m high atrium featuring an open-sided living and dining area with various spaces for relaxation
- Formal dining area accommodating 12-14 people
- Separate, fully-equipped kitchen
- Air-conditioned theatre room equipped with satellite TV, DVD and wall-projected movie screen, large sofas and well-equipped office
- Mezzanine-style gallery provides and two intimate dining space and a centrally-positioned balcony with bi-fold glass doors
- 16m salt-water swimming pool central to the villa’s expansive manicured lawn area
- Large stone pool deck furnished with multi-functional sun bed and umbrellas
- Timber sundeck located towards the river with sun loungers and umbrellas
- Two traditional bales at either end of the property
- Two luxurious master suites face each other across the pool and furnished with king-sized, contemporary four-poster bed, vanity and couch
- Outdoor furnished terrace with private plunge pool
- Lavish ensuite bathroom featuring large sunken-baths, room-size walk-in shower, his n’ hers washbasins and small courtyard
- Satellite TV and DVD player
- Two queen-rooms furnished with queen-sized, four-poster beds
- Wood and glass sliding doors leading to chic ensuite bathrooms featuring mini-sunken-tubs that double a showers (massage shower)
- Two twin rooms which are accessed via internal sliding doors from each of the queen guestrooms – ideal for families with children
- Twin bed configuration with mosquito netting (in one room)
- Ensuites with showers
The Ylang Ylang rests in the quiet coastal village of Saba in an area collectively known as Ketewel within Bali’s eastern Gianyar Regency. This eastern coastal region is an exceptional part of the island - naturally beautiful, unspoilt and packed with cultural and scenic attractions. Saba is the quintessential Balinese village, distinctive with its stretches of emerald rice fields and coconut groves, dotted with a harmonious mix of unobtrusive expat residences and local dwellings.
The Ylang Ylang’s gardens stretch down to Saba Beach, with a reminder of Bali being a volcanic island, as its sands are shimmering black. The deserted stretch of beach offers unobstructed panoramas with stunning views across the Badung Strait and Nusa Penida, one of Bali’s smaller sister islands. And on a clear day, the silhouette of towering volcano, Mount Agung, is visible in the distance. Sunrises are a spectacular treat here, especially over Nusa Penida’s limestone cliffs.
A tidal river flows some of the time between the beach and villa. For half of the year, you can just stroll down to the beach directly. As Peanut River alters its course with every changing season, the other half of the year requires crossing the river by way of a small boat provided by the villa to access the beach.
With strong currents directly in front, it’s safer to swim in a protected bay area just five minutes westwards (or head south to the calm waters of nearby Sanur). The famous surf spot Keramas, also known for the famed Komune beach club is only five minutes away, one of Bali’s top surf spots with the rare option of night surfing. The offshore reef here is renowned for its surf breaks, and there’s excellent surfing to be had ten minutes in either direction of the villa: nearby Mascheti Beach has world-class surf breaks and hosts international surfing tournaments.
Saba is famous for its traditional Gamalan music, with some of the finest Legong dancers on the island hailing from here. Private dance performances at the villa can be arranged on request. Balinese Hindu purification ceremonies are held beside the sea at nearby sacred Pura Segara sea temple; the main temple stands at the entrance to the road leading to The Ylang Ylang, where prayer blessings are performed daily.
Things to do
The villa manager will typically have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Invariably some of them will live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- If you’ve always dreamt of galloping along the beach at sunset, now’s your chance. Saba Bay stables, located in Saba village, can arrange horse riding trails along the black sands and crashing waves of Saba Beach, passing bamboo and alang-alang plantations, local temples – even the villa itself!
- You’re just 20 minutes’ drive from the historical village of Sanur, Bali’s original tourist enclave. Its lovely broad expanse of golden sands sheltered by a reef makes this for the perfect spot for safe swimming. Make the most of the diverse array of water sports available and some excellent eating places along the five-kilometre seafront promenade.
- Don’t miss a trip up to Bali’s cultural and artistic hub, Ubud, a 25-minute scenic drive. This is the best place to catch traditional Balinese dance performances – especially at the town’s Royal Palace, magically illuminated at night. Ubud has also recently evolved as an upmarket destination, boasting cutting-edge restaurants like Mozaic and world-class spas such as award-winning COMO Shambhala.
- You can purchase plenty of arts, crafts and souvenirs in Ubud, but why not get them at source, at Ubud’s outlying traditional artisan villages? There’s wider options at great value to be found at Celuk, famous for silverware, Batubulan for stone carvings, Mas for wood carvings and Sukawati, for its arts and crafts market – all just 10 to 20-minutes drive away.
- Just off the mainland are the islands of Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida – both famous for their scuba diving and snorkeling, with excellent dive sites and rich marine life. Boat trips from Sanur or Padangbai can easily be arranged. Further along the east coast, Amed and Tulamben offer isolated reefs – the latter, also has shipwreck diving.
- Plenty of family attractions in the area include Bali Safari & Marine Park, just five minutes away, home to hundreds of animals, with elephant back safari and marine park. Alternatively, just up the coast in Amuk Bay, marvel at stunning marine life and coral reefs without getting your feet wet, with Odyssey Submarine Adventure.
- The island’s world-famous Bali Spirit Festival of Dance, Music and Yoga is actually hosted only ten minutes from the villa, at Batuan. This annual celebration attracts thousands from around the globe, plus celebrated musicians, yogis and dancers. At other times, yoga devotees can book private yoga classes at the villa, or head to Ubud’s renowned Yoga Barn.
- Fashionistas and shop-a-holics should drive over to the west coast – around 45 minutes away – where you’ll find Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave, Seminyak. Here, indulge in globally-inspired gourmet restaurants, stylish boutiques and hipper-than-thou bars – including the much hyped Ku Dé Ta, on Seminyak beachfront.
- For a day of culture and dramatic landscapes elsewhere, drive north to the mountain town of Bedugul. From here, explore three volcanic lakes, including Bratan, with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most sacred temples.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (48)
Djinefa A, United States, 01-Dec-2019 - 06-Dec-2019Thank you for lovely stay. Good food and friendly staff.
Christian K, Japan, 02-Sep-2019 - 05-Sep-2019We enjoyed our stay - the location was beautiful, the staff amazing but most importantly, the wedding ceremony went well. Overall we were very happy with our experience at Ylang Ylang.
Shaun D, New Zealand, 07-Aug-2019 - 17-Aug-2019Our stay was beyond wonderful - the villa, the services,the glorious food and the friendly staff, all of it was magnificent. The food was better than any of the restaurants we ate out at. The chef was not only talented but she was a wonderful manager - nothing was a problem for her(or us). Thank you.
Mark B, Switzerland, 27-Jul-2019 - 31-Jul-2019Best cook ever. Thanks very much Kadek.
Leslie D, Australia, 15-Jul-2019 - 20-Jul-2019We were exceptionally impressed with the quality, expertise of the food - particularly with the efforts of Kadek the chef. The staff were very attentive and made us feel most welcome.
Herman O, South Africa, 24-Jun-2019 - 05-Jul-2019Excellent! Awesome stay and food. What an experience, thank you all very much.
Malini T, Malaysia, 06-Jun-2019 - 11-Jun-2019Very friendly and accommodating staff. Service was good throughout the day - especially with food and drinks. Excellent vanilla milk shakes! Good arrangement with the spa /massages - enjoyable and easy to book.
Rene M, Austria, 04-May-2019 - 16-May-2019Best accommodation,Have enjoyed every minute, thank you.
Gregoire R, Singapore, 28-Apr-2019 - 03-May-2019Thank you for making our stay with you in Bali so wonderful and memorable.You provide exceptionally attentive,respectful and discreet service.The beauty of the villa and its setting was only exceeded by your commitment to making our visit so thoroughly enjoyable.The meal were of professional quality and you were very accommodating to our requests.You are great ambassadors for Balinese culture and its people.
Andrew H, United Kingdom, 09-Apr-2019 - 18-Apr-2019A perfect stay.
Sharon F, Singapore, 01-Mar-2019 - 05-Mar-2019Thank you for everyone. The staff are all amazing and the location superb.
Mr. J, Indonesia, 29-Dec-2018 - 05-Jan-2019We would like to thank you and the staff for giving us such a lovely time here at the Ylang Ylang villa. We hope to see you again.
Ming W, Australia, 13-Oct-2018 - 20-Oct-2018Thank you so much for your hospitality and amazing service during our stay. We will definitely miss seeing everyone. Zack will miss the attention for sure. Hopeful we will be back soon and Zack will be busy running around by then. Take care and see you all again soon.
Amanda A, Australia, 08-Oct-2018 - 12-Oct-2018Our stay was first class,we had a wonderful experience.
Gregory M, France, 24-Sep-2018 - 01-Oct-2018We want to say many thanks for your hospitality and your kindness. We spent an awesome holiday in Bali because of you, in this villa which is fantastic. We will remember it forever. Thank you for sharing a bit of you culture such as the little flowers and the Balinese dance. Further more, many thanks for the daily smiles - we appreciate it a lot. You cook very well too..excellence! Thank you for organizing both 30th birthdays. Terima kasih from all the french team.
Danielle V, United Kingdom, 13-Aug-2018 - 20-Aug-2018Nice staff, especially Kadek - very professional.
Danielle V, United Kingdom, 20-Jun-2018 - 26-Jun-2018Everything was amazing .Thank you very much.
Adjeng A, Indonesia, 17-Jun-2018 - 20-Jun-2018Amazing stay, thank you to all staff.
Reginald C, Singapore, 13-Jun-2018 - 15-Jun-2018Thank you to all the staff, very good food and we will be back.
Danielle V, United Kingdom, 04-Jan-2018 - 15-Jan-2018We had the most amazing time, the villa was beautiful and the staff were absolutely fantastic. ALL of them they looked after us in every way - the food outstanding and the villa was always clean. We would give all the staff 10/10 they were even amazing with the babies. It was better than a 5* hotel and we will recommend it to all our friends - the driver and the massage people were also fantastic.
Luke G, Singapore, 18-Sep-2017 - 20-Sep-2017Fantastic stay, Thank you to all staff.
Danielle V, United Kingdom, 02-Sep-2017 - 08-Sep-2017We love our stay at Ylang Ylang, and the people especially the staff, Dewa and Kadek. I enjoyed so much the swimming pool and the beach was amazing. Thank you very much.
Ashok P, Singapore, 29-Aug-2017 - 02-Sep-2017Dewa and the team did an excellent job in servicing us every day. Excellence facilities and service.
Ndumiso M, Australia, 17-Aug-2017 - 27-Aug-2017We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Absolutely fantastic.
Manish G, Indonesia, 20-Jun-2017 - 22-Jun-2017Everything is great, fabulous stay. Surely come again. Thank you.
Kevin P, China, 01-Oct-2016 - 08-Oct-2016A magical place on the beach in Bali. Our fourth trip to Bali was the best simply because we stayed at this fabulous vacation villa. Arriving with two other couples we found ourselves in a magical spot with a staff that responded quickly to every request. Manager Dewa made every effort to make our stay memorable and he succeeded in every way. The guys planned a surprise ceremony to renew everyone's vows. Dewa made the planning and execution of the surprise flawless and very easy despite the long distance. From flowers to officiant, food to dancers, he and the staff did an amazing job. The chef was top notch creating any kind of cultural dish with ease. No meal was less than perfect. The butler and house staff were excellent and made sure we always had a drink in hand... We are returning ....soon.
Mr. Xingquan Y, China, 10-Aug-2016 - 15-Aug-2016Everything was excellent ! The food, the staff, and the service. Thank you very much !! We will come back...
Joy M, Singapore, 08-Jun-2016 - 12-Jun-2016We have returned from Bali and had a wonderful time. Dewa and the staff did a fantastic job. The food was excellent too. Thank you so much!!
Tria S, Indonesia, 21-Apr-2016 - 23-Apr-2016Everything is excellent thank you very much.
Amanda F, Australia, 04-Apr-2016 - 15-Apr-2016We had an absolutely wonderful time. The food was AMAZING and the staff were so friendly, happy and caring. We can't not recommend The Ylang Ylang enough. What a wonderful, relaxing holiday escape.Thank you to all the lovely staff.
Irma L, Indonesia, 02-Nov-2015 - 12-Nov-2015We all enjoyed a relaxing stay at The Ylang Ylang. The staff were excellent. especially Kadek, she cooks like we were at home.
Paul H, Singapore, 17-Oct-2015 - 24-Oct-2015Tempat yang menakjubkan! Villa yang indah, dengan kamar yang bagus, kolam renang yang bagus dan layanan yang sangat baik. Berharap untuk pergi kembali ke sana lagi, setidaknya sekali dalam hidup saya! Tenang, damai, indah dan sangat bersih. Saya merekomendasikan tempat ini. Cocok untuk keluarga, pasangan dan single, bahkan untuk orang yang mencari tempat spiritual di bali.
Milda R, Philippines, 27-Jul-2015 - 28-Jul-2015Great food! Staff very friendly and helpful.
Tina P, Austria, 12-Jul-2015 - 20-Jul-2015Great stay, excellent staff. Tip Top!
Kate A, Australia, 29-Jun-2015 - 30-Jun-2015We enjoyed a relaxing stay at Ylang-Ylang. The staff were fantastic; nothing was too much trouble. The East Coast area offers an authentic Bali experience, with stunning scenery, away from the crowds. Highly recommended.
Yenny L, Indonesia, 11-Apr-2015 - 14-Apr-2015All EXCELLENT. Thanks for everything!
Rose R, Australia, 02-Apr-2015 - 07-Apr-2015Fantastic experience and superb service, thank you so much for a wonderful stay. We all loved it here and felt every detail was well looked after.
Ravindran Krishnan, Singapore, 06-Jun-2014 - 12-Jun-2014The Villa and most of all the staff running the place, ...I.e everyone of them were simply magnificent. I'm already planning global corporate events along with many other trip back. Fantastic Staff and the food was simply excellent..!!!! I'll recommend ylang ylang to all my friends and family....Cheers.
Luisa McCluskey, Australia, 03-May-2014 - 07-May-2014In all the years I have been coming and staying in Bali. This has to be the best.The staff very always helpful and nothing was a bother. I had my daughters wedding there and all i can say is amazing.
Philippe L, , 22-Dec-2013 - 05-Jan-2014We went on christmas holidays with 7 young chidren...it was almost perfect...the villa provide many diferent spaces to isolate and take some rest.the view and the beach ( very local and natural environment) are a daily entertainment... The staff is abolutely great...profesional, warm and flexible...nice people. Great holidays in a great place. Too much sculpture in the garden but it´s a question of style!
Kailey Furniss, United States, 08-May-2013 - 12-May-2013The Ylang Ylang was absolutely amazing. We stayed there with all of our immediate family for our wedding and we were all over joyed with our stay. We became a bit spoiled where now I don't know if I can ever stay anywhere else! It was perfect. The grounds were breathtaking, the staff was more than attentive and kind, the rooms were so comfortable and the food was incredible! The pictures can not do this villa justice. From the moment you turn on the road leading up you feel like you are going to a royal palace, and the feeling continues throughout your stay.
Michiko K, Singapore, 28-Apr-2013 - 01-May-2013Everything is perfect except the cleanness of pool. When we arrived, the pool was dirty. It took few days to clear the water by their automatic filtering system so that we could not swim for the first day. However, all staffs were so nice and they tried to do their best for making us comfortable. The whole villa is definitely beautiful and luxury better than the website images. All meals by the chef were delicious. All of us enjoyed so much and our vacation was perfect more than we expected! We like to go back to the villa again. Thank you so much for all staffs to make us happy!!
Helen Chalmers, Australia, 20-Oct-2012 - 25-Oct-2012I did send an email to Adya to compliment on the sensational staff at the villa , not forgetting Harry the driver we had who showed and told us so much about Bali. Our stay was memorable beacuse of these wonderful people, caring and kind. The villa I would go back tomorrow to stay in . We all loved our time there and would recommend to all. It really was FANTASTIC in EVERY way.The food was delicious and I truly could not fault the service provision in any way.We WILL return !!! Peaceful, calm, tranquil and a paradise. Many Thanks to all
Michelle Law, United States, 15-Oct-2012 - 19-Oct-2012Our family loved staying at Villa Ylang Ylang. The food was outstanding, the staff was amazing (this was our second villa we stayed while in Bali so we could tell the difference) and the villa itself was gorgeous.
AH, Japan, 13-Sep-2012 - 17-Sep-2012The villa was just perfect!! Its beautiful, clean, tidy, and very private. The staffs are nice and friendly also. I would love to stay there again for holiday.
David Broughton, Australia, 27-Jun-2012 - 30-Jun-2012Ylang Ylang has it all. Great facilities, great staff and great location. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the villa and could not have asked for a more ideal setting for our wedding.
RM, Switzerland, 26-Oct-2011 - 30-Oct-2011We loved our stay at the Ylang Ylang villa: contemporary design, beautiful swimming pool and amazing view. It was just great. Not to forget the very friendly and professional staff (including an amazing cook !! )
YJ, Singapore, 30-Sep-2011 - 03-Oct-2011The staff at the villa, especially Wayan and the kitchen staff, were very lovely and helpful. Service from them was excellent - they were always on standby and always took the initiative to ask if we needed anything.
The chef's cooking was EXCELLENT! We asked for traditional balinese/ Indonesian food, and for it to be extra spicy, and we weren't disappointed! Absolutely fantastic, and the homemade sambals were to die for!!
Last viewed villas