Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
The beautiful traditionally styled Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa rests on the shores of a pristine black-sand beach in the peaceful rural village of Pererenan, on Bali’s southwest coast. Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa comprises a main four-bedroom villa and a secluded two-bedroom riverside guesthouse offering six bedrooms in total, a glorious open-sided living and dining pavilion, lush gardens and an 18-metre infinity edge pool.
This blissful villa sits on the banks of a small lagoon, where the river meets the sea, with over 100 metres of beach frontage overlooking one of Canggu’s most famous surf breaks. Soft rolling lawns hug the landscape’s natural contours while a free-form 18-metre infinity swimming pool blends seamlessly with the ocean all the way to the horizon. The garden, bursting with fragrant frangipanis, swaying coconut palms and luscious green foliage, is a stunning private oasis, and amidst its tropical expanse lies the villa’s dedicated events space – a coconut grove directly connected to the beach via a pretty timber walkway, which makes an unforgettable setting for nuptial vows.
Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa feels like a celebration of Bali, and the owners’ love and passion for the island is evident in the fine selection of local materials and stunning collection of handpicked artworks that liberally adorn the property. Exotic timber floors, coral-limestone walls and alang-alang thatched roofs mix delightfully with antique artefacts and weavings to give the villa its distinctive style and ambiance.
The friendly staff, many of whom reside in the local village, have a strong attachment to the villa and clearly love taking care of its guests. Families and groups of friends will find the main villa abundantly spacious and the private two-bedroom guesthouse with its own kitchenette and dining areas a delightful additional venue to sleep, relax and unwind. Play a match on the tennis court, enjoy a massage, admire the sunset from the balcony or converge on the imposing living pavilion – you’re simply spoilt for choice.
So many places to chill out
Beautiful wall friezes depicting Bali life
Direct and private access to beach
Upstairs lounge convivial to sundowners
Inspiring coconut grove events space
"The villa was amazing for our family holiday to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary with our children and grandchildren. Each family had their own space and the communal living area was a very sociable space. Everything is kept meticulously clean and tidy. Our food allergies were no problem for the staff who made us delicious food and juices. A big thank you to Made and team. This was an unforgettable experience, we will miss you and would love to come again.
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 10-May-2019.
- Huge open-sided wantilan (village meeting hall) pavilion with two-tiered thatched roof and polished cream terrazzo floors makes up the social hub of the villa
- Guests can savour the incredible ocean views from a range of lounging and dining options including oversized couches, a huge 14-seater dining table or the coconut-shell bar
- The river- and sea-view lounge and veranda in the guesthouse offer a more intimate venue for dining or socialising
- 18m infinity, free-form, greenstone swimming pool sitting amongst expansive rolling lawns as well as a plunge pool with jacuzzi jets at the guesthouse
- Poolside decks with sun loungers, umbrellas and outdoor furniture
- Thatched balé
- Tennis court (shared)
Master Suite & Study
- Richly decorated, housed in its own pavilion and featuring alang-alang roof and parquet floors
- Four-poster king-sized bed
- Patio opening onto sea views
- Ensuite garden bathroom with open-air shower, circular bathtub and dressing room
- Adjoining study featuring TV and desk and its own bathroom
- iPod dock
- Mosquito netting
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
Main House Guest Bedrooms
- Two guest bedrooms on ground level opening onto the garden, and a third on the first floor with private terrace and panoramic sea views
- Four-poster king-sized whitewashed teak beds, two are convertible to king beds
- Ensuite bathrooms are individually designed; one has a sunken terrazzo bathtub, another an alfresco shower, and the third a shower looking out over rice fields
- iPod docks
- Mosquito netting
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- Two equally sized bedrooms in a secluded teakwood guesthouse, overlooking the coconut groves, one with king-size bed and the other with twin beds
- Ensuite bathroom, private kitchenette and dining area
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa is blessed with a sublime beachfront location near the rural village of Pererenan on Bali’s south-west coast. Here guests can take a leisurely sunset stroll along the quiet beach, surf on one of the island’s best breaks, or admire the fishermen in their brightly coloured jukungs (traditional fishing boats) hauling in the daily catch. In this traditional rural setting, where daily offerings at the village temple and meticulous tending of rice fields are the norm, guests are privy to a real slice of local Bali life.
However, should the bright city lights beckon, the upmarket restaurants, bars and shops of cosmopolitan Seminyak are just a 30-minute drive away and your car and driver are on standby to whisk you there.
Things to do
The villa manager at Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa will typically have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of some of the activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Catch a wave, or several, at some of Bali’s best surfing beaches, all are within easy access and Pererenan is right on your doorstep. Among these naturally beautiful beaches, Echo Beach is perhaps the most famed surfers haunt, but all are in prime position for Bali’s legendary sunsets.
- On Canggu Beach, be sure to visit mystical Hotel Tugu Bali. Bali’s first museum/hotel is studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques and its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. Or try the more casual café across the road; Old Man’s for alfresco all day dining.
- Make the de rigueur pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset but is less busy in the mornings; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu priests.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave, Seminyak. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, global-inspired restaurants, chic boutiques and hipper-than-thou bars – including much hyped, Ku Dé Ta, Petitenget and The Potato Head Beach Club.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Drive westwards to explore the unchartered West Bali region, where the charming Tabanan Regency reveals terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains including Mt Batukaru and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities – treasures that Bali is famed for.
- For a day of culture and dramatic landscapes, drive directly north from the villa to the mountain town of Bedugul. From here, explore three volcanic lakes, including Bratan, with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle (there are four at the villa for guest use); a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan. Perfect for a family day out on the water or with a group of friends.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions