Pandawa Cliff Estate - Villa Marie
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Villa Marie is one of four exceptional villas that make up the Pandawa Cliff Estate – a hidden paradise located high above the ocean on Bali’s southernmost tip.
As the estate’s name suggests, the villas are positioned on the cliff top overlooking the golden sands of Pandawa Beach. This is glorious, unadulterated, spectacular Bali at its best: far from the hoi polloi of Seminyak and Kuta, yet less than half an hour’s drive from the airport and many of Bali’s top attractions, including the sacred temple of Uluwatu and the fine dining establishments of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
Together, The Pala, Villa Rose, Villa Markisa and Villa Marie offer a total of 21 bedrooms, capable of sleeping 42 adults. This, coupled with the superbly landscaped cliff top gardens, extensive decked areas, huge team of professional yet personable staff and purpose-designed guest facilities, make The Pandawa Cliff Estate a wedding and special event venue par excellence. The four villas also share a sports centre with full size tennis court, squash court, gym and spa.
Privacy is in no way compromised however, and each villa is sweetly secluded within its own extensive walled gardens. Villa Marie’s layout is particularly family-friendly. Bedrooms are arranged around the 16-metre pool, a centrally situated living pavilion and a large barbecue balé. Four of the six bedrooms occupy a double-storey building towards the back of the villa, with two master bedrooms in stand-alone pavilions to the front. Although Villa Marie is set slightly further back than the other Pandawa Cliff Estate villas, the ocean can still be seen from most rooms.
A skilled private chef heads the estate’s staff kitchen, and he and his team prepare and serve a wide range of gastronomic delights from a restaurant-style menu. The villas are neatly maintained, inside and out, by a small army of housekeepers, gardeners and pool attendants, and guarded by a team of diligent security staff, while two seven-seater cars with drivers are on standby for guests who wish to explore this delightful corner of the Island of the Gods.
Shallow pool for kids
Great layout for families
Separate master bedroom pavilions
Super-smart sports centre and spa
Part of exclusive 4-villa luxury estate
"The staff in the villa has been very attentive and friendly. The villa itself is very pristine and well kept. Overall my stay here has been very pleasant.
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 5% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 01-Jan-2019.
|Period||Price per night (USD)||10+ nights (USD)||Min stay||Inclusions|
|15-Dec-2018 to 25-Dec-2018||2,290 ++||2,061 ++||5 nights|
|26-Dec-2018 to 05-Jan-2019||2,730 ++||2,594 ++||7 nights|
Features and amenities
- A centrally positioned living and dining pavilion houses all Villa Marie’s indoor living space.
- This is a warm and convivial area for gazing out over the pool and gardens, chilling in front of the television or enjoying a meal at the 10-seater dining table.
- A well-equipped open-plan kitchen occupies one corner of the living and dining pavilion.
- Spacious outdoor dining balé fitted with a built-in barbecue, wet kitchen area and a circular, all-weather-rattan table for eight.
- 16-metre T-shaped swimming pool with shallow area for the kids.
- Private furnished terraces front the two master bedrooms, either side of the pool.
- Two luxurious master suite pavilions each with wide glass doors facing the ocean in one direction and the pool in the other.
- Both master suites furnished with king-size beds and equipped with flat-screen, satellite-channel TVs and Blu-ray/DVD players.
- Spacious master bathrooms incorporate dressing areas, oval terrazzo bathtubs and rain showers.
- Four guest suites occupy a two-storey building reached via a timber boardwalk crossing pretty ponds. Each floor houses a pair of equally sized ensuite bedrooms – one king and one twin (convertible to king).
- Guest bathrooms are bright and spacious, all with well-designed dressing and vanity areas.
Peacefully and privately situated, at the end of a winding country lane on Bali’s southernmost tip, The Pandawa Cliff Estate is a hidden paradise overlooking the Indian ocean from its enchanting cliff-top setting.
Apart from a handful of other luxury villas sprinkling the cliff top, and the beach huts and local cafes bordering the white sands of Pandawa Beach far below (named after the five warrior brothers of the Mahabharata epic, whose white stone statues are carved into niches along the road leading down to the beach), there is little development in this unspoiled corner of Bali. But despite it’s tranquil, rural setting, The Pandawa Cliff Estate is less than 30 minutes’ drive from Bali’s international airport, and within easy reach of several glorious surf beaches, the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, and the many restaurants and beach bars of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
Things to do
Your villa manager, will have a wealth of information about places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the area too. Most will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Pandawa Cliff Estate.
- Until recently, the white sands and warm, protected waters of Pandawa Beach were visited only by locals and seaweed farmers. A paved (toll) road cut through the cliff has recently made this beautiful beach, which lies immediately below the estate, much more accessible.
- Among other local beaches is the famous surf beach at Uluwatu. Not quite as spectacular but equally alluring are the beaches of Bingin and Padang Padang. Beautiful white sand bays with rock pools and a host of local cafes.
- At Jenggala Keramic in Jimbaran, visitors can browse and buy from a vast range of handcrafted ceramics and glassware. Jenggala also runs ‘Make and Paint a Pot’ sessions where ‘Children’ of all ages are encouraged to get creative.
- For golf enthusiasts, the New Kuta Golf Club (11km) features an 18-hole course overlooking the ocean.
- Both five star and local restaurants are plentiful and close by. Bulgari and Ayana resorts are among the favourites and the Rock Bar at Ayana is a must-see for sunset cocktails. Finns at Semara has a beach club for more casual dining.
- A seafood feast at Jimbaran is a must for every holiday in Bali – dozens of seafood warung (cafés) line this west-facing beach, perfect for a sunset dinner.Fine dining options are available at most of the big resort hotels in this area; notably PJ’s, the charming beachside restaurant at the Four Seasons in Jimbaran, serving Mediterranean-styled cuisine. And Balique on Jalan Uluwatu in Jimbaran, is a delightful vintedge restaurant serving great food and cool cocktails.
- Nusa Dua’s Bali Collection mall has a host of local boutiques and a department store. Heading towards Kuta (about 40 minutes) brings you to Galleria shopping mall while nearby Tuban has Discovery Mall and streets lined with local shops. Seminyak boutiques are about an hour away.
- Uluwatu’s cliff-top temple is well worth a visit. Home to mischievous monkeys which are considered sacred in Bali, Pura Luhur Uluwatu is one of the island’s most important temples. Get there in good time for Sunset to watch the enthralling Kecak Ramayana & Fire Dance.
- Learn to surf or stand up paddle at Jimbaran Bay, a great place for beginners. Rip Curl School of Surf offers day courses and provides all the equipment.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions