Villa Puri Nirwana
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
If you relish the idea of getting away from the crowd and reigning over an almost deserted beach in a quieter, less developed part of Bali, then Villa Puri Nirwana could be a right royal match. This six-bedroom villa is among just a handful of beachfront residences in the traditional rural village of Cucukan hugging the coast half way between Sanur and Candidasa on Bali’s south-eastern shore.
Nirwana is an apt name for this rather grand contemporary villa, its plantation-shuttered facade gleaming in the sunshine in stark contrast to the black-sand beach beyond the swimming pool. Here, it is easy to shrug off stress and sink into a state of happiness, soothed by the sea breeze and sound of breaking surf. There’s breathing space for a full house of up to 20 guests in six spacious bedrooms, with multiple living areas spread over two levels, a media room, poolside beach-edge gazebos, and even a dedicated spa.
Take a stroll along the beach, slip into the poolside jacuzzi, sprawl in the raised balé, and enjoy spa therapy in the ornately carved teak wood joglo. Slink along the colonnaded verandas channeling Somerset Maugham colonial ennui, then soak away the day’s (in)activity with a flower-filled bath. Gather for sunset cocktails on the terrace followed by a gourmet candlelit meal crafted by the ex-Mozaic villa chef at the gargantuan dining table. Then after port and cigars around the pool table, retire to your sumptuous suite for dream-filled slumber.
The fully staffed Puri Nirwana is picture-perfect for family gatherings, fancy celebrations and intimate weddings. Best of all, no need to leave anyone out; the entire estate is wheelchair-friendly, with wide corridors and doors, garden ramps and even an elevator.
Isn’t that heaven?
Awesome beachfront views
Equipped for physically challenged guests
Stunning spa pavilion
"Absolutely loved our stay at Villa Puri Nirwana. Staff are beautiful, villa is amazing. We will be back. Thank you for being wonderful hosts."
Real time availability
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Avoid the crowds and book a private villa to holiday safely with your family. Elite Havens offers a guaranteed refund if travel is affected by the coronavirus. Book with confidence, book an elite haven.
We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario. So should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund or you can choose to move your stay within 12 months of your check-in date, in the same villa, for the same number of nights and in the same (or lower) season. Valid for new bookings from 19 February 2020 onwards.
Terms & conditions:
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 05-May-2020.
- Formal air-conditioned living room opening onto a sun terrace
- Air-conditioned dining room with timber table seating 20
- Large upper-level sea-facing living room, with four-poster bed, and semi-circular seating
- Upper-level open-sided lounge area with table for six and pool table
- Reception hall
- Air-conditioned media room with TV, DVD player, and Playstation
- State-of-the-art kitchen
- Joglo spa with massage beds, hair styling and mani/pedi sections, shower courtyard, and an open-air bathroom
- 16-metre swimming pool with jacuzzi and kids wading section
- Sun-deck with large beanbags and Balinese parasols
- Alfresco poolside dining gazebo with seating for 12
- Cushioned poolside bale with beach views
- Colonnaded entrance veranda with seating
- Large gardens with kids play area and performance area
Master Bedroom Suite
- Air-conditioned ground-floor master suite overlooking lawn, pool and ocean
- Comfortable four-poster king-size bed
- Enormous air-conditioned bathroom with walk-in wardrobe, two rain-showers and statement bathtub
- Private entrance onto garden terrace
- Accessible for guests with limited mobility
Garden Wing Guest Suites
- Four large air-conditioned guest suites, two upstairs, and two downstairs opening onto the garden
- Each with king-size four-poster bed and a queen-size trundle bed below
- Ensuite bathrooms with walk-in shower, twin vanities and large bathtub
- Plantation shutters allow the sea breeze
- Access via stairs or elevator
- Accessible for guests with limited mobility
Sea View Guest Suite
- On the upper floor of the main villa
- Sweeping sea views from the four-poster king-size bed
- Private balcony with wrought iron furniture and a killer sea view
- Ensuite shower room with single vanity
Villa Puri Nirwana rises on the edge of a beach of black volcanic sand in Cucukan, a traditional Balinese village 20km from Sanur on Bali’s south-eastern coast. Here, the rhythm of life remains largely unchanged across generations: jukungs (brighty coloured fishing outriggers) rest on the shore, farmers tend their rice fields, and at night the sea breeze carries the percussive beat of the gamelan. Beyond the garden, a paved promenade lines the beach from the Tukad Pakerisan river mouth to Pura Masceti, one of Bali’s nine sacred directional temples and site of many ceremonies. The views are breathtaking – across the bay towards Gunung Agung rising in the distance, and across the ocean to the mountain outline of Nusa Penida on the horizon. This stretch of coastline is popular with surfers – one of Bali’s best surf spots is a few minutes’ drive away – but strong currents make it unsafe for swimming; best to head to the sheltered lagoon waters of Sanur a short drive away along the bypass which also accords easy access to myriad attractions in the area – the closest, Bali Safari Park, being just a five-minute drive away.
Things to do
Puri Nirwana’s staff has a wealth of information about places of interest and things to do close to the villa and will happily help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer:
- The stretch of beach between Sanur and Ketewel is well known as a surfer’s heaven (especially from November to May, when the winds turn offshore on this side of the island), but beginners should beware of strong, swirling currents. Good breaks can be found at Keramas, Ketewel and Cucukan.
- Bali Safari & Marine Park offers a fun family day out. Home to hundreds of amazing animals representing more than 50 species, it presents a tram ride through the animal enclosures, a marine aquarium, a theatre, animal educational and entertainment shows, as well as the Fun Zone where visitors can get wet and wild in the Waterpark or embark on a Jungle Cruise.
- If you’ve always dreamt of galloping along the beach at sunset, now’s your chance. Saba Bay stables, can arrange horse riding trails along the black sands and crashing waves at nearby Saba Beach, passing bamboo and alang-alang plantations and local temples.
- You’re just a 20-minute drive from the historical village of Sanur, Bali’s original tourist enclave. Its lovely broad expanse of golden sands sheltered by a reef makes this for the perfect spot for safe swimming. Make the most of the diverse array of water sports available and some excellent eating places along the five-kilometre seafront promenade. Golfers, note there’s a nine-hole golf course at the Bali Beach Hotel.
- An annual international kite festival takes place at Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur) every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to ten metres in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. Originally, these kites were intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests.
- Don’t miss a trip up to Bali’s cultural and artistic hub, Ubud. This is the best place to catch traditional Balinese dance performances – especially at the town’s Royal Palace, magically illuminated at night. Ubud has also recently evolved as an upmarket destination, boasting cutting-edge restaurants like Mozaic and world-class spas such as award-winning Como Shambhala.
- You can purchase plenty of arts, crafts and souvenirs in Ubud, but why not get them at source, at the traditional artisan villages close to the villa: Celuk, famous for silverware; Batubulan for stone carvings; Mas for wood carvings and Sukawati, for its arts and crafts market.
- The villages in the surrounding area contain dozens of examples of beautiful Hindu Temples. Most temples are free to visit or ask for a small donation. Proper attire is required, although many temples will loan or rent a sarong for your visit.
- Just off the mainland are the islands of Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida – both famous for their scuba diving and snorkelling, with excellent dive sites and rich marine life. Boat trips from Sanur or Padangbai can easily be arranged. Further along the east coast, Amed and Tulamben offer isolated reefs – the latter, also has shipwreck diving.
- Fashionistas and shop-a-holics should drive over to the west coast where you’ll find Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave, Seminyak. Here, indulge in globally inspired gourmet restaurants, stylish boutiques and hip bars including Ku Dé Ta, on Seminyak beachfront.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions