Villa Puri Nirwana
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
If you relish the idea of getting away from the crowd and reigning over an almost deserted beach in a quieter, less developed part of Bali, then Villa Puri Nirwana could be a right royal match. This six-bedroom villa is among just a handful of beachfront residences in the traditional rural village of Cucukan hugging the coast half way between Sanur and Candidasa on Bali’s south-eastern shore.
Nirwana is an apt name for this rather grand contemporary villa, its plantation-shuttered facade gleaming in the sunshine in stark contrast to the black-sand beach beyond the swimming pool. Here, it is easy to shrug off stress and sink into a state of happiness, soothed by the sea breeze and sound of breaking surf. There’s breathing space for a full house of up to 20 guests in six spacious bedrooms, with multiple living areas spread over two levels, a media room, poolside beach-edge gazebos, and even a dedicated spa.
Take a stroll along the beach, slip into the poolside jacuzzi, sprawl in the raised balé, and enjoy spa therapy in the ornately carved teak wood joglo. Slink along the colonnaded verandas channeling Somerset Maugham colonial ennui, then soak away the day’s (in)activity with a flower-filled bath. Gather for sunset cocktails on the terrace followed by a gourmet candlelit meal at the gargantuan dining table. Then after port and cigars around the pool table, retire to your sumptuous suite for dream-filled slumber.
Villa Puri Nirwana is picture-perfect for family gatherings, fancy celebrations and intimate weddings. Best of all, no need to leave anyone out; the entire estate is wheelchair-friendly, with wide corridors and doors, garden ramps and even an elevator.
Isn’t that heaven?
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Villa Puri Nirwana rises on the edge of a beach of black volcanic sand in Cucukan, a traditional Balinese village 20km from Sanur on Bali’s south-eastern coast. Here, the rhythm of life remains largely unchanged across generations: jukungs (brighty coloured fishing outriggers) rest on the shore, farmers tend their rice fields, and at night the sea breeze carries the percussive beat of the gamelan. Beyond the garden, a paved promenade lines the beach from the Tukad Pakerisan river mouth to Pura Masceti, one of Bali’s nine sacred directional temples and site of many ceremonies. The views are breathtaking – across the bay towards Gunung Agung rising in the distance, and across the ocean to the mountain outline of Nusa Penida on the horizon. This stretch of coastline is popular with surfers – one of Bali’s best surf spots is a few minutes’ drive away – but strong currents make it unsafe for swimming; best to head to the sheltered lagoon waters of Sanur a short drive away along the bypass which also accords easy access to myriad attractions in the area – the closest, Bali Safari Park, being just a five-minute drive away.More information for Things to do
- The stretch of beach between Sanur and Ketewel is well known as a surfer’s heaven (especially from November to May, when the winds turn offshore on this side of the island), but beginners should beware of strong, swirling currents. Good breaks can be found at Keramas, Ketewel and Cucukan.
- Bali Safari & Marine Park offers a fun family day out. Home to hundreds of amazing animals representing more than 50 species, it presents a tram ride through the animal enclosures, a marine aquarium, a theatre, animal educational and entertainment shows, as well as the Fun Zone where visitors can get wet and wild in the Waterpark or embark on a Jungle Cruise.
- If you’ve always dreamt of galloping along the beach at sunset, now’s your chance. Saba Bay stables, can arrange horse riding trails along the black sands and crashing waves at nearby Saba Beach, passing bamboo and alang-alang plantations and local temples.
- You’re just a 20-minute drive from the historical village of Sanur, Bali’s original tourist enclave. Its lovely broad expanse of golden sands sheltered by a reef makes this for the perfect spot for safe swimming. Make the most of the diverse array of water sports available and some excellent eating places along the five-kilometre seafront promenade. Golfers, note there’s a nine-hole golf course at the Bali Beach Hotel.
- An annual international kite festival takes place at Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur) every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to ten metres in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. Originally, these kites were intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests.
- Don’t miss a trip up to Bali’s cultural and artistic hub, Ubud. This is the best place to catch traditional Balinese dance performances – especially at the town’s Royal Palace, magically illuminated at night. Ubud has also recently evolved as an upmarket destination, boasting cutting-edge restaurants like Mozaic and world-class spas such as award-winning Como Shambhala.
- You can purchase plenty of arts, crafts and souvenirs in Ubud, but why not get them at source, at the traditional artisan villages close to the villa: Celuk, famous for silverware; Batubulan for stone carvings; Mas for wood carvings and Sukawati, for its arts and crafts market.
- The villages in the surrounding area contain dozens of examples of beautiful Hindu Temples. Most temples are free to visit or ask for a small donation. Proper attire is required, although many temples will loan or rent a sarong for your visit.
- Just off the mainland are the islands of Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida – both famous for their scuba diving and snorkelling, with excellent dive sites and rich marine life. Boat trips from Sanur or Padangbai can easily be arranged. Further along the east coast, Amed and Tulamben offer isolated reefs – the latter, also has shipwreck diving.
- Fashionistas and shop-a-holics should drive over to the west coast where you’ll find Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave, Seminyak. Here, indulge in globally inspired gourmet restaurants, stylish boutiques and hip bars on Seminyak beachfront.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Formal air-conditioned living room opening onto a sun terrace
- Air-conditioned dining room with timber table seating 20
- Large upper-level sea-facing living room, with four-poster bed, and semi-circular seating
- Upper-level open-sided lounge area with table for six and pool table
- Reception hall
- Air-conditioned media room with TV, DVD player, and Playstation
- State-of-the-art kitchen
- Joglo spa with massage beds, hair styling and mani/pedi sections, shower courtyard, and an open-air bathroom
- 16-metre swimming pool with jacuzzi and kids wading section
- Sun-deck with large beanbags and Balinese parasols
- Alfresco poolside dining gazebo with seating for 12
- Cushioned poolside bale with beach views
- Colonnaded entrance veranda with seating
- Large gardens with kids play area and performance area
Master Bedroom Suite
- Air-conditioned ground-floor master suite overlooking lawn, pool and ocean
- Comfortable four-poster king-size bed
- Enormous air-conditioned bathroom with walk-in wardrobe, two rain-showers and statement bathtub
- Private entrance onto garden terrace
- Accessible for guests with limited mobility
Garden Wing Guest Suites
- Four large air-conditioned guest suites, two upstairs, and two downstairs opening onto the garden
- Each with king-size four-poster bed and a queen-size trundle bed below
- Ensuite bathrooms with walk-in shower, twin vanities and large bathtub
- Plantation shutters allow the sea breeze
- Access via stairs or elevator
- Accessible for guests with limited mobility
Sea View Guest Suite
- On the upper floor of the main villa
- Sweeping sea views from the four-poster king-size bed
- Private balcony with wrought iron furniture and a killer sea view
- Ensuite shower room with single vanity
Enjoying the attentions of your own talented chef which can be requested at minimal charge is one of the delights of a private villa vacation, freeing you to appreciate delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners (plus snacks in between) without lifting a finger. Villa Puri Nirwana offers an extensive suggestion menu catering to all tastes as well as a series of reasonably priced set menus, served home-style. Italian, Chinese, Asian – the chef can whip up many popular dishes, but is happiest sharing his love for Balinese fare – yellow rice, urab, lawar, ikan pepes, satay, and ayam betutu. And he will happily oblige if you crave something off-menu, or have special dietary requirements. Linger over a light poolside lunch, move from sunset to stars with a seafood barbecue – the catch-of-the-day provided by the village fishermen. Or enjoy a formal multi-course feast served at the enormous dining table in air-conditioned comfort. The first breakfast on your stay is complimentary, then linger over a light poolside lunch, move from sunset to stars with a seafood barbecue – the catch-of-the-day provided by the village fishermen. Or enjoy a formal multi-course feast served at the enormous dining table in air-conditioned comfort.
Guests are requested to provide grocery money in advance and to plan meals with the chef the evening before to allow adequate time for grocery shopping. Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price plus 20%++, which covers government taxes and a service fee, and staff will keep all receipts for reference at the end of your stay. Professional chef services can be organised for an additional charge.
This villa will always have a special place in our heart and lives. We are extremly grateful to pak Gusti and Riska and all the staff in the villa for their help throught our stay. even when one of the kids was sick, they prepare a special soup and took care of ostin. Thank you so much for pak Gusti and staff. This villa was awesome! Wira10-Aug-2023 - 13-Aug-2023 Tri Wira E
Thank you for taking care of us! We enjoyed ourselves so much and we really hope to be back soon. Thank you so much for your team. Thank you Riska for your amazing cooking and for take care special for me. Riska you make special medicine for me and I feel better. Best wishes!04-Aug-2023 - 10-Aug-2023 Abdullah A
United Arab Emirates
We enjoyed the beautiful setting of Villa Puri Nirwana for the wedding of our son Sean and his fiance troy. The meticulous kept grounds. and comfort made this a memorable and joy on our occasion. Thank you for Gusti and the entire staff for their care and assistance to support the wedding event and making everyone feel welcome.12-May-2023 - 14-May-2023 Troyli Trinavindhu And E
Thank you all for your all we loved it all so much! The villa is truly beautiful much more then we expected. the food was really beautiful so much choice, and everything was fabolous. we would all love to come back one day. Thank you all!07-May-2023 - 10-May-2023 Paul L
Our stay in Villa Puri Nirwana was very special. Everything was perfect with Gusti one his staff is amazing. Riska a beautiful cooker,with a beautiful smile. All ladies kind and always available for us. The villa is beautiful location and they hold it perfectly even the pool. Our stay was perfect. we feel like home.Can wait for the moment to come back again. See you friends.25-Apr-2023 - 30-Apr-2023 Massimiliano B
We had a lovely stay here. The staff member Gusti was just awesome and took very good care of us. Riska's cooking was just amazing! All in all, a lovely place to spend time with family! The staff is just really good and caring! All the best.05-Apr-2023 - 09-Apr-2023 Ayan S
This is such a lovely place with wonderful staff! Thank you so much for a lovely and amazing stay!!! Also thank you for the great service. The Nelsons20-Dec-2022 - 25-Dec-2022 Maya N
The staff are welcomy, and always smiling. Thank you for everything. Jerin Suzu18-Oct-2022 - 21-Oct-2022 Mr. Hase Jerin and M
We had a short but great stay at the villa. Thank you for your dedicated staff. We love their smile. We enjoyed the peaceful environment and the spacious rooms. We felt at home. The food was amazing. keep it up! We arrived happy and we left the villa happier than we were. We had super wedding at the villa. Kelly and i are so happy. we choose Puri Nirwana to celebrate our wedding. Thank you09-Oct-2022 - 11-Oct-2022 Victor And K
We had an amazing stay here for a week for my sister's wedding. Settings are beautiful and we were very well looked after by the staff and loots of the wedding. Notway seemed to be a problem and always welcomed with friendly and happy staff. Views, facilities, were outstanding and i would love to come back! Gusti -We love you!!!02-Oct-2022 - 08-Oct-2022 Natasha S
To all the staff at PURI NIRWANA Thank you all so so much for looking after us so well. It has been such a beautiful place to stay and very peacefull. Also the food was so delicious. To all the staff : All the very best Chris, Kate, Maggie, Oilie, Julie, Simone, Brent.17-Sep-2022 - 20-Sep-2022 Kate Z
Villa Nirwana is a beautiful place. We enjoyed the villa very much. We stayed for a week and there were 14 of us We love the beautiful garden and swimming pool. Cleanliness is amazing despite a very large property. Thank you so much for helping us in the big kitchen, our laundry and welcoming us with your warm heart. "TERIMA KASIH" on behalf of the big family.13-Nov-2021 - 21-Nov-2021 Haris I
Very good villa. The best part is its staff, especially Pak Gede. He made sure that everything was superb for us. The food was delicious and service was amazing. I definitely recommend this place.25-Dec-2020 - 03-Jan-2021 Tony R
I liked the sunshine, the blue sky and the white clouds. The villa service is very good. We are very satisfied with the services and facilities.23-Jan-2020 - 29-Jan-2020 Haohan W
The staff in the villa are very friendly and hospitable. Our family had a excellent holiday here. The food was amazing and delicious.19-Jan-2020 - 23-Jan-2020 Yao J
What a way to welcome the new year than to stay in Villa Puri Nirwana. We had our wedding on 4th January 2020. It is something we will never forget, it was truly an awesome experience to have the biggest day of our life at Puri Nirwana.03-Jan-2020 - 06-Jan-2020 P N
Thank you for our amazing stay at Puri Nirwana. Excellent service and food through our stay making our week here with our extended family memorable. Such an awesome experience. Thank you for everything.19-Dec-2019 - 26-Dec-2019 Jen & Martin
Absolutely loved our stay at Villa Puri Nirwana. Staff are beautiful, villa is amazing. We will be back. Thank you for being wonderful hosts.08-Nov-2019 - 10-Nov-2019 Deborah L
Thanks Gede for your great service throughout the stay. We really love the villa, tastefully decorated and renovated. Wedding facilities also great. We hope to come back again.24-Oct-2019 - 27-Oct-2019 Iris L
Beautiful villa, love our stay here. Completely looked after by all the staff.28-Sep-2019 - 03-Oct-2019 Felcitiy S
We had a wonderful stay at Puri Nirwana Villa.The staff is helpful.The food was fantastic.21-Sep-2019 - 28-Sep-2019 Michelle K
We had a wonderful wedding at this beautiful villa. Thank you very much for your excellent service. It was much better than our expectation. We will remember this event forever.08-Sep-2019 - 12-Sep-2019 Soo-Ji Y
We all had a wonderful stay at the beautiful villa Puri Nirwana - it proved to be the perfect location for our wedding.02-Sep-2019 - 05-Sep-2019 Behzadiaria S
We had a retreat with families and marriage. Thank you for the staff service, food preparation and welcoming us.Beautiful place and very peaceful.03-Aug-2019 - 07-Aug-2019 Bryant C
Had an awesome time in Bali. The staff were awesome, everything was awesome, thank you.08-Jul-2019 - 19-Jul-2019 Vaughn F
Thank you for the hospitality, such a wonderful place.27-May-2019 - 13-Jun-2019 Diankina K
Thank you very much for your kindness, best wedding.24-May-2019 - 27-May-2019 Kenjiro O
Thank you very much for having and caring for us. Lovely hospitality.16-May-2019 - 20-May-2019 Lita N
Amazing villa - beautiful and serene. Service excellent. We will remember the beautiful people here and we will bring back good memories.02-May-2019 - 05-May-2019 Vil W
Thank you for providing us with such incredible accomodation, the service was amazing and our stay was more than we could have ever imagine. Thank you.26-Apr-2019 - 28-Apr-2019 Jesse A
Big thank you to whole team - they prepared a perfect wedding party for all 20 of us. We hope to come back and bring some of our friends. Thank you so much for all.12-Apr-2019 - 15-Apr-2019 Lita K
Very very happy to come to this place. Beautiful environment, housekeeper enthusiasm. Service attitude and kindness. Felt the feeling of coming home. Thanks again to all the staff of villa.09-Mar-2019 - 13-Mar-2019 Lin L
Thanks very much for a great family vacation. Great hospitality, your staff are amazing. Bali is a very wonderful place and our oldest dad celebrated his 75th birthday here. We are all satisfied with our stay here. We are 17 people and every one is happy.23-Dec-2018 - 02-Jan-2019 Linda A
A great retreat in this villa. Thanks to the helpful, friendly and supportive crew. We had a wonderful retreat with yummy food cooked well by chef.11-Dec-2018 - 14-Dec-2018 Liew S
Wonderland villa, helpful staff, great location, lots of privacy, away from the hustle. What else can we ask for, thank you.24-Nov-2018 - 28-Nov-2018 Lita K
Thanks for a great stay and for helping me with the photo shoot. Bye Bali and see you soon.16-Nov-2018 - 19-Nov-2018 Zanetta L
Wonderful holiday with family and friends, thank you to all Puri Nirwana staff who made our stay special.12-Oct-2018 - 21-Oct-2018 Neill G
Thank you for your time and patience and your humility. Everything we needed was here and more. We can"t thank you enough for the whole package that you gave us.09-Oct-2018 - 12-Oct-2018 Amanda P
Thank you for a lovely 3 night stay. We had a beautiful time and enjoyed everything very much.28-Sep-2018 - 01-Oct-2018 Jocelyn P
Thank you so much for lovely stay, We enjoyed it. Lovely food, beautiful weather, and you organised a great 8th birthday party for my son. Hope to be back.16-Sep-2018 - 22-Sep-2018 Pauline N
We had our dream wedding here, thanks to the beautiful property and amazing staff.01-Sep-2018 - 04-Sep-2018 Dustin B
Our whole family happy and satisfied stay at the villa puri nirwana, with decorations inside and nice outside. Staff were friendly villa and served us well. The whole family is like and satisfied once enjoyed a vacation with a stay at the villa puri nirwana26-Jul-2014 - 31-Jul-2014 Hennyta S
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service