Villa Puri Nirwana
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
If you relish the idea of getting away from the crowd and reigning over an almost deserted beach in a quieter, less developed part of Bali, then Villa Puri Nirwana could be a right royal match. This six-bedroom villa is among just a handful of beachfront residences in the traditional rural village of Cucukan hugging the coast half way between Sanur and Candidasa on Bali’s south-eastern shore.
Nirwana is an apt name for this rather grand contemporary villa, its plantation-shuttered facade gleaming in the sunshine in stark contrast to the black-sand beach beyond the swimming pool. Here, it is easy to shrug off stress and sink into a state of happiness, soothed by the sea breeze and sound of breaking surf. There’s breathing space for a full house of up to 20 guests in six spacious bedrooms, with multiple living areas spread over two levels, a media room, poolside beach-edge gazebos, and even a dedicated spa.
Take a stroll along the beach, slip into the poolside jacuzzi, sprawl in the raised balé, and enjoy spa therapy in the ornately carved teak wood joglo. Slink along the colonnaded verandas channeling Somerset Maugham colonial ennui, then soak away the day’s (in)activity with a flower-filled bath. Gather for sunset cocktails on the terrace followed by a gourmet candlelit meal crafted by the ex-Mozaic villa chef at the gargantuan dining table. Then after port and cigars around the pool table, retire to your sumptuous suite for dream-filled slumber.
The fully staffed Puri Nirwana is picture-perfect for family gatherings, fancy celebrations and intimate weddings. Best of all, no need to leave anyone out; the entire estate is wheelchair-friendly, with wide corridors and doors, garden ramps and even an elevator.
Isn’t that heaven?
Awesome beachfront views
Equipped for physically challenged guests
Stunning spa pavilion
"Very good villa. The best part is its staff, especially Pak Gede. He made sure that everything was superb for us. The food was delicious and service was amazing. I definitely recommend this place."
Rates and availability
Staycation at an elite haven
Staycation at an elite haven
Retreat into a world of luxury. Idyllic location, guaranteed privacy, and no one to share the five-star facilities with – what's not to love? When you stay at an elite haven, it is your personal home away from home for the duration of your stay. Stay for a while, take advantage of our exclusive rates, and treat yourself to a safe stay in the luxury of your private villa. Book and stay for a minimum of 2 nights anytime from now until 25 June 2021 and enjoy 30% off villa rates. Stay for 5 nights and enjoy 30% off plus a complimentary one-way airport transfer, a 1-hour in-villa massage per guest, a Balinese family-style dinner, plus early check-in or late check-out (valid for direct bookings only).
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply. Book with confidence and stay safe, book an elite haven.
Terms and conditions:
- Valid for new bookings received from 29 January 2021 onwards.
- Valid on stays from now until 25 June 2021.
- Minimum stay of 2 nights enjoy 30% discount.
- Minimum stay of 5 nights enjoy 30% off plus a complimentary one-way airport transfer, a 1-hour in-villa massage per guest, a Balinese family-style dinner, plus early check-in or late check-out.
- Chef service is not available.
- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers.
- Early check-in/late check-out is subject to availability.
- The property’s availability is subject to change.
- Valid for direct bookings only.
Long Stay Specials - Escape to an Island
Long Stay Specials - Escape to an IslandWork remotely from a gorgeous island and save more on long stays.
Book and stay for a minimum of 7 nights anytime from now until 25 June 2021 and enjoy up to 50% off villa rates.
For monthly villa rates, book and stay for a minimum of 30 nights anytime from now until 25 June 2021 and enjoy up to 70% off (valid for direct bookings only).
Terms and conditions:- Valid on new bookings received from now, for stays until 25 June 2021- Minimum stay of 7 nights for weekly rates (limited services available)- Minimum stay of 30 nights for monthly rates (limited services available)- Housekeeping service 3 times a week- Exclusive use of the villa and facilities- Inclusive of Wi·Fi, electricity and security
- Chef service is not available- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers- The property’s availability is subject to change
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 08-Apr-2021.
- Formal air-conditioned living room opening onto a sun terrace
- Air-conditioned dining room with timber table seating 20
- Large upper-level sea-facing living room, with four-poster bed, and semi-circular seating
- Upper-level open-sided lounge area with table for six and pool table
- Reception hall
- Air-conditioned media room with TV, DVD player, and Playstation
- State-of-the-art kitchen
- Joglo spa with massage beds, hair styling and mani/pedi sections, shower courtyard, and an open-air bathroom
- 16-metre swimming pool with jacuzzi and kids wading section
- Sun-deck with large beanbags and Balinese parasols
- Alfresco poolside dining gazebo with seating for 12
- Cushioned poolside bale with beach views
- Colonnaded entrance veranda with seating
- Large gardens with kids play area and performance area
Master Bedroom Suite
- Air-conditioned ground-floor master suite overlooking lawn, pool and ocean
- Comfortable four-poster king-size bed
- Enormous air-conditioned bathroom with walk-in wardrobe, two rain-showers and statement bathtub
- Private entrance onto garden terrace
- Accessible for guests with limited mobility
Garden Wing Guest Suites
- Four large air-conditioned guest suites, two upstairs, and two downstairs opening onto the garden
- Each with king-size four-poster bed and a queen-size trundle bed below
- Ensuite bathrooms with walk-in shower, twin vanities and large bathtub
- Plantation shutters allow the sea breeze
- Access via stairs or elevator
- Accessible for guests with limited mobility
Sea View Guest Suite
- On the upper floor of the main villa
- Sweeping sea views from the four-poster king-size bed
- Private balcony with wrought iron furniture and a killer sea view
- Ensuite shower room with single vanity
Villa Puri Nirwana rises on the edge of a beach of black volcanic sand in Cucukan, a traditional Balinese village 20km from Sanur on Bali’s south-eastern coast. Here, the rhythm of life remains largely unchanged across generations: jukungs (brighty coloured fishing outriggers) rest on the shore, farmers tend their rice fields, and at night the sea breeze carries the percussive beat of the gamelan. Beyond the garden, a paved promenade lines the beach from the Tukad Pakerisan river mouth to Pura Masceti, one of Bali’s nine sacred directional temples and site of many ceremonies. The views are breathtaking – across the bay towards Gunung Agung rising in the distance, and across the ocean to the mountain outline of Nusa Penida on the horizon. This stretch of coastline is popular with surfers – one of Bali’s best surf spots is a few minutes’ drive away – but strong currents make it unsafe for swimming; best to head to the sheltered lagoon waters of Sanur a short drive away along the bypass which also accords easy access to myriad attractions in the area – the closest, Bali Safari Park, being just a five-minute drive away.
Things to do
Puri Nirwana’s staff has a wealth of information about places of interest and things to do close to the villa and will happily help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer:
- The stretch of beach between Sanur and Ketewel is well known as a surfer’s heaven (especially from November to May, when the winds turn offshore on this side of the island), but beginners should beware of strong, swirling currents. Good breaks can be found at Keramas, Ketewel and Cucukan.
- Bali Safari & Marine Park offers a fun family day out. Home to hundreds of amazing animals representing more than 50 species, it presents a tram ride through the animal enclosures, a marine aquarium, a theatre, animal educational and entertainment shows, as well as the Fun Zone where visitors can get wet and wild in the Waterpark or embark on a Jungle Cruise.
- If you’ve always dreamt of galloping along the beach at sunset, now’s your chance. Saba Bay stables, can arrange horse riding trails along the black sands and crashing waves at nearby Saba Beach, passing bamboo and alang-alang plantations and local temples.
- You’re just a 20-minute drive from the historical village of Sanur, Bali’s original tourist enclave. Its lovely broad expanse of golden sands sheltered by a reef makes this for the perfect spot for safe swimming. Make the most of the diverse array of water sports available and some excellent eating places along the five-kilometre seafront promenade. Golfers, note there’s a nine-hole golf course at the Bali Beach Hotel.
- An annual international kite festival takes place at Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur) every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to ten metres in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. Originally, these kites were intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests.
- Don’t miss a trip up to Bali’s cultural and artistic hub, Ubud. This is the best place to catch traditional Balinese dance performances – especially at the town’s Royal Palace, magically illuminated at night. Ubud has also recently evolved as an upmarket destination, boasting cutting-edge restaurants like Mozaic and world-class spas such as award-winning Como Shambhala.
- You can purchase plenty of arts, crafts and souvenirs in Ubud, but why not get them at source, at the traditional artisan villages close to the villa: Celuk, famous for silverware; Batubulan for stone carvings; Mas for wood carvings and Sukawati, for its arts and crafts market.
- The villages in the surrounding area contain dozens of examples of beautiful Hindu Temples. Most temples are free to visit or ask for a small donation. Proper attire is required, although many temples will loan or rent a sarong for your visit.
- Just off the mainland are the islands of Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Penida – both famous for their scuba diving and snorkelling, with excellent dive sites and rich marine life. Boat trips from Sanur or Padangbai can easily be arranged. Further along the east coast, Amed and Tulamben offer isolated reefs – the latter, also has shipwreck diving.
- Fashionistas and shop-a-holics should drive over to the west coast where you’ll find Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave, Seminyak. Here, indulge in globally inspired gourmet restaurants, stylish boutiques and hip bars including Ku Dé Ta, on Seminyak beachfront.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (30)
Tony R, Indonesia, 25-Dec-2020 - 03-Jan-2021Very good villa. The best part is its staff, especially Pak Gede. He made sure that everything was superb for us. The food was delicious and service was amazing. I definitely recommend this place.
Haohan W, China, 23-Jan-2020 - 29-Jan-2020I liked the sunshine, the blue sky and the white clouds. The villa service is very good. We are very satisfied with the services and facilities.
Yao J, Taiwan, 19-Jan-2020 - 23-Jan-2020The staff in the villa are very friendly and hospitable. Our family had a excellent holiday here. The food was amazing and delicious.
P N, Romania, 03-Jan-2020 - 06-Jan-2020What a way to welcome the new year than to stay in Villa Puri Nirwana. We had our wedding on 4th January 2020. It is something we will never forget, it was truly an awesome experience to have the biggest day of our life at Puri Nirwana.
Jen & Martin, Singapore, 19-Dec-2019 - 26-Dec-2019Thank you for our amazing stay at Puri Nirwana. Excellent service and food through our stay making our week here with our extended family memorable. Such an awesome experience. Thank you for everything.
Deborah L, Australia, 08-Nov-2019 - 10-Nov-2019Absolutely loved our stay at Villa Puri Nirwana. Staff are beautiful, villa is amazing. We will be back. Thank you for being wonderful hosts.
Iris L, China, 24-Oct-2019 - 27-Oct-2019Thanks Gede for your great service throughout the stay. We really love the villa, tastefully decorated and renovated. Wedding facilities also great. We hope to come back again.
Felcitiy S, Australia, 28-Sep-2019 - 03-Oct-2019Beautiful villa, love our stay here. Completely looked after by all the staff.
Michelle K, United States, 21-Sep-2019 - 28-Sep-2019We had a wonderful stay at Puri Nirwana Villa.The staff is helpful.The food was fantastic.
Soo-Ji Y, South Korea, 08-Sep-2019 - 12-Sep-2019We had a wonderful wedding at this beautiful villa. Thank you very much for your excellent service. It was much better than our expectation. We will remember this event forever.
Behzadiaria S, Indonesia, 02-Sep-2019 - 05-Sep-2019We all had a wonderful stay at the beautiful villa Puri Nirwana - it proved to be the perfect location for our wedding.
Bryant C, Indonesia, 03-Aug-2019 - 07-Aug-2019We had a retreat with families and marriage. Thank you for the staff service, food preparation and welcoming us.Beautiful place and very peaceful.
Vaughn F, United Kingdom, 08-Jul-2019 - 19-Jul-2019Had an awesome time in Bali. The staff were awesome, everything was awesome, thank you.
Diankina K, Russia, 27-May-2019 - 13-Jun-2019Thank you for the hospitality, such a wonderful place.
Kenjiro O, Japan, 24-May-2019 - 27-May-2019Thank you very much for your kindness, best wedding.
Lita N, Indonesia, 16-May-2019 - 20-May-2019Thank you very much for having and caring for us. Lovely hospitality.
Vil W, Indonesia, 02-May-2019 - 05-May-2019Amazing villa - beautiful and serene. Service excellent. We will remember the beautiful people here and we will bring back good memories.
Jesse A, Australia, 26-Apr-2019 - 28-Apr-2019Thank you for providing us with such incredible accomodation, the service was amazing and our stay was more than we could have ever imagine. Thank you.
Lita K, Indonesia, 12-Apr-2019 - 15-Apr-2019Big thank you to whole team - they prepared a perfect wedding party for all 20 of us. We hope to come back and bring some of our friends. Thank you so much for all.
Lin L, China, 09-Mar-2019 - 13-Mar-2019Very very happy to come to this place. Beautiful environment, housekeeper enthusiasm. Service attitude and kindness. Felt the feeling of coming home. Thanks again to all the staff of villa.
Linda A, Sweden, 23-Dec-2018 - 02-Jan-2019Thanks very much for a great family vacation. Great hospitality, your staff are amazing. Bali is a very wonderful place and our oldest dad celebrated his 75th birthday here. We are all satisfied with our stay here. We are 17 people and every one is happy.
Liew S, Malaysia, 11-Dec-2018 - 14-Dec-2018A great retreat in this villa. Thanks to the helpful, friendly and supportive crew. We had a wonderful retreat with yummy food cooked well by chef.
Lita K, Indonesia, 24-Nov-2018 - 28-Nov-2018Wonderland villa, helpful staff, great location, lots of privacy, away from the hustle. What else can we ask for, thank you.
Zanetta L, Singapore, 16-Nov-2018 - 19-Nov-2018Thanks for a great stay and for helping me with the photo shoot. Bye Bali and see you soon.
Neill G, United Kingdom, 12-Oct-2018 - 21-Oct-2018Wonderful holiday with family and friends, thank you to all Puri Nirwana staff who made our stay special.
Amanda P, Australia, 09-Oct-2018 - 12-Oct-2018Thank you for your time and patience and your humility. Everything we needed was here and more. We can"t thank you enough for the whole package that you gave us.
Jocelyn P, Malaysia, 28-Sep-2018 - 01-Oct-2018Thank you for a lovely 3 night stay. We had a beautiful time and enjoyed everything very much.
Pauline N, Australia, 16-Sep-2018 - 22-Sep-2018Thank you so much for lovely stay, We enjoyed it. Lovely food, beautiful weather, and you organised a great 8th birthday party for my son. Hope to be back.
Dustin B, Australia, 01-Sep-2018 - 04-Sep-2018We had our dream wedding here, thanks to the beautiful property and amazing staff.
Hennyta S, Indonesia, 26-Jul-2014 - 31-Jul-2014Our whole family happy and satisfied stay at the villa puri nirwana, with decorations inside and nice outside. Staff were friendly villa and served us well. The whole family is like and satisfied once enjoyed a vacation with a stay at the villa puri nirwana
Last viewed villas