The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
In Bali’s spiritual heart of Ubud, lies the private and serene Villa San. This six-bedroom luxury villa accommodates up to twelve people set across lush gardens that centre around a 25m lap pool and incorporate elegant sculptures and a tranquil meditation terrace. Showcasing an impressive array of artworks and handicrafts originating from China, Africa and Indonesia, Villa San is only minutes from sensational shopping, superb spas, classic cultural performances and luxuriant rice fields.
The spacious grounds of this Ubud retreat offer freedom and flexibility for both families and large groups sharing, with hammocks and sun loungers arranged around the 25m x 5m pool and a pool pavilion seating up to 15 people. Inside, as well as the living and dining spaces, there are two well-equipped entertainment rooms, a gym and a children’s playroom. French doors from all of Villa San’s six large bedrooms – three king bedded and three twins - look out over tranquil gardens, only steps away from the long sloping lawn and the inviting pool.
Guests at Villa San are spoiled for choice when it comes to ways to relax. Reflecting the owners’ artistic and spiritual leanings, there’s the loft studio for painting, a telescope for star-gazing from the function room at night, and a Buddhist stupa and yoga terrace tucked in a quiet corner of the property for group or individual meditation and yoga practice.
A friendly, helpful team of staff are on hand around the clock, with a butler and chef available to meet every request. They are knowledgeable about the local Hindu culture, art galleries and the many options for exploring and learning about the region and will recommend the best of local restaurants, cafés and spas.
Superb family or event villa
Great central Ubud location
Lovely long lap pool
Helpful, knowledgeable staff
"Our holiday at Villa San has been perfect. Our two families have enjoyed the comfort and beautiful ambience of the villa. We have felt so welcomed, and nothing has been too much trouble for our wonderful butler Adi. The staff were really helpful, hands on and very friendly. We will definitely recommend this place to friends and family. The decoration for Chris's Birthday on the 25th were amazing and very much appreciated. Adi you were in making our stay really excellent, thank You."
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 11-May-2019.
- Open-sided living area with comfortable lounging areas
- Two media rooms; one off the main living area and featuring a state-of-the-art home theatre system, the other in the master suite
- Casual dining area
- Fully-equipped gym
- Children’s playroom
- Open-plan kitchen adjoining breakfast bar and dining area with table for 14 guests
- Artists studio on the top level
- Function room for small events and stargazing at night
- 25m x 5m pool with shallow (1.3m) and deep (1.8m) ends
- Covered gazebo seating 12-15 people
- Sun loungers and umbrellas throughout
- Tree-shaded terrace – ideal for yoga/meditation accommodating up to 15 people
- Comprises two generous sized bedrooms (one king and one twin room) adjoined by a family/entertainment room with state-of-the-art entertainment and lounge
- Separate ensuites are accessed through large dressing rooms for both rooms
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fan
- iPod dock
- Located in separate pavilions around the main building, eight more adults are accommodated in three king bedrooms and one twin bedroom convertible king (two extra beds are available upon request)
- Each room has an ensuite with large tubs and showers
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
- iPod dock
Villa San is a stone’s throw from Ubud’s Royal Palace – where cultural performances are held nightly – and very convenient for many of Ubud’s favourite treasures and attractions. While the property itself is very quiet and private, a vast, bustling local market is only 300m from the front door while a delightful variety of high quality restaurants and cafés can be found in and around the centre of town.
Ubud and her surrounding small villages are rich with culture and art. Many villages focus on a specific craft – such as woodworking, stone carving, ikat weaving or batik painting. These crafts are not just for the tourists, they have formed the livelihoods of these Balinese villagers for several hundred years. Guests can visit, watch and in many cases take classes – learning to cook local food, carve a wooden mask, dye a batik scarf, dance in a traditional performance, play an ancient brass musical instrument, or attend a life drawing session.
Things to do
Villa San’s manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area too. Several of them live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Balinese life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Escape the afternoon heat and watch the antics of the long-tailed macaque monkeys at Ubud’s Sacred Monkey Forest. And mind your belongings, these monkeys are skilled pick-pockets!
- No visit to Ubud is complete without seeing at least one traditional dance performance. This is a great opportunity to see classic Hindu legends being told through dancers in colorful, Balinese costumes.
- The many spas and meditation centres of Ubud offer a wide range of eastern and western therapies from reiki to acupuncture, and yoga to herbal scrubs.
- In March, Ubud hosts the Bali Spirit Festival of Yoga, Dance and World Music. Five days of yoga and music workshops, three nights of inspirational world music.
- Join amateur and professional artists from around the word, on Wednesday or Saturday morning, for Life Drawing session at Pranoto’s Art Gallery opposite Goa Gajah Caves
- See some of Bali’s best scenery on a daytrip to volcanic Mount Batur. The largest crater lake in Bali fills part of Mount Batur’s caldera while small villages cling to the rim. The views from the nearby village of Penelokan are well worth making the trip.
- Soar above the spectacular southern coastline of Bali on a paraglider. Paragliding courses, tandem and solo flights are available.
- Tour the Karangasem Palace at Amlapura, visited for its unique combination of Balinese, Chinese and European architectures.
- Being in the centre of the Island, Ubud isn’t the place to base yourself if you’re after a beach holiday! But if you fancy a day trip down to the coast, Sanur (25 kms) is probably the best option although Candi Dasa (35 kms) is less crowded. To make a full day of it, drop in at the Bali Marine and Safari Park and the traditional village of Tenganan en route.
- Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan. Perfect for a family day out on the water or with a group of friends.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions