The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
What better way to recharge those batteries than by breathing in fresh mountain air, while overlooking the stunning vistas from the terrace of your own private luxury chalet?
Located in the centre of Hirafu village – one of four interconnected resorts that make up the world-class Niseko ski area – the three-bedroom Ajisai Chalet has a spacious lounge with a comfortable corner sofa, as well as a cushioned armchair which is ideal for an afternoon snooze.
Equipped with flat-screen TVs in the bedrooms, Wii game console and Apple TV – there’s plenty of entertainment for children and adults in case the weather or the mood calls for some cosy indoor time.
Ajisai Çhalet's contemporary open-plan kitchen with a long island provides an excellent meeting point for sharing the day’s exciting adventures with loved ones. The eight-seater dining table is ideal for meals full of laughter and chatter. This newly renovated dining area overlooks a lovely garden and has amazing vistas of the nearby mount Yotei and Mount Annupuri.
The chalet offers three comfortable and bright bedrooms with three bathrooms. One of the bathrooms also has a bathtub, perfect hot-soaking those tired muscles. Two bedrooms have been recently renovated and extended to house a queen bed plus a bunk bed for two in each. These are perfect for families or friends who wish to sleep together. Both rooms have ensuite bathrooms. The third bedroom has a queen bed that can be split into twins and a bathroom right down the corridor. With three large bathrooms, there’s unlikely to be a queue in the morning, despite the chalet sleeping ten guests.
With its excellent amenities, the beautifully designed Ajisai Chalet is a superb choice for a couple of families travelling together. Looking for a centrally-located and stylish home to return to after spending a day in the great outdoors? Your search ends here.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Ajisai Chalet is perfectly located on a quiet road in Hirafu’s middle village – close to some of the area’s best eateries, including the Green Farm Café and Rosso Rosso Steak for casual lunch, or Kamimura for Michelin-star fine dining.
Don’t let heavy snowfall deter you from having a good time. Many of Hirafu’s pavements are heated which means you’ll be able to reach your destination ‘slip and slide’-free. There’s an excellent range of evening entertainment venues in the village, from the quirky Bar Gyu with its exceptional range of rare Japanese whiskies, to live music and late-night DJ sets at Wild Bill’s.
After a long day in the great outdoors, there’s no better way to relax than by visiting one of the many thermal spas or ‘onsen’. Ajisai Chalet is close to Hotel Hirafutei Onsen and Hotel Alpen Onsen – both renowned for their beautiful facilities and excellent rejuvenation treatments.
Ajisai Chalet is a fifteen-minute walk or a short drive from the Grand Hirafu ski gondola which gives you access to some of the area’s steepest slopes and also caters well to beginners.
Our Concierge team is on-hand to give you all the local information you need. They can also make restaurant reservations for you or help rent sports equipment as well as arrange ski lift passes. With our competent team at your service, leave all your worries behind. Though the area has a plethora of activities, here are our top choices for things to do in Niseko, regardless of the season you visit:
All year round
- Hokkaido’s produce is renowned throughout the world and thus it is no wonder that Niseko has a thriving food scene. Meat lovers will appreciate the rare Kobe beef at Steak Rosso Rosso, and if you prefer seafood, we suggest trying out some of Hokkaido’s freshest catch at Ezo’s. A visit to one of Hirafu's two most famous restaurants – Kamimura and Ichimura, both serving exceptional fine Japanese dining, should also be on your checklist.
- For a bespoke elevated dining experience, Niseko Gourmet can arrange for a special meal to be cooked in your own chalet by one of Japan’s finest chefs. From a traditional sushi bar to an intimate sukiyaki meal, this is indulgence to the next level. Gourmet food delivery and grocery shopping are also offered in case you prefer to self-cater.
- Hirafu has steadily built a reputation as one of Hokkaido's prime health and wellness resorts. Relax those sore muscles in Hotel Niseko Alpen's volcanic hot spring (or 'onsen') – a popular choice due to its stunning mountain views, 25-metre pool and high-tech infrared light stone sauna. Japanese custom requires that you enter the gender-specific onsen without any clothes on, not even a swimsuit.
- For a night out around town, we suggest sampling rare Japanese whiskies at Bar Gyu or the vast selection of Japanese craft beers at Mick's. If you still have energy left, be sure to check out Wild Bill's for live music and late-night DJ sets.
- Explore some of the area's local museums on a rainy afternoon. The architecturally striking Shu Ogawara Museum of Art in nearby Kutchan is an ode to one of Hokkaido's most famous painters. With its display of colourful art pieces by the artist himself, as well as its seasonal exhibits and regular classical concerts, it is well-worth a visit any time of the year. Located right opposite the Museum of Art is the Kutchan Natural History Museum which hosts fascinating exhibits about the local fauna and the area's rich local history.
- Hokkaido has many festivals around the year and it is a great way to immerse yourself in the culture of the country. From Jaga Matsuri to Niseko Fireworks Festival, there’s plenty to choose from. Make sure you check the festival calendar for your vacation dates.
- The property is located one kilometre from the Grand Hirafu Gondola which gives you access to some of the area's steepest slopes, as well as some great beginner runs.
- Whether you're a first-timer trying to familiarise yourself with a pair of skis or an accomplished snowboarder trying to perfect your turns, the Niseko Grand Hirafu Snow School has a wide range of lessons and programmes available which cater to all levels.
- Driving a snow mobile is an exhilarating way to explore Hirafu's incredible scenery. From adventurous guided tours speeding down forested trails, to skidding along the snow on a banana boat, there are plenty of options available for safe and exciting family fun.
- Kids love tobogganning and tubing down the slopes. Indulge them at Kids Land Annupuri, Niseko Kids at Niseko Village or Hirafu Alpen Kids Park and Zoo, which also has a mini-zoo with penguins, rabbits and llamas.
- For those slightly more adventurous we can recommend Niseko's specialist mountain guides. Highly trained in rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering and off-piste skiing, their incredible knowledge and understanding of the local terrain will provide you with an unforgettable experience of the area's wild backcountry in the safest possible way.
- Regularly hosting Japan's largest cycling race – the 'Tour de Hokkaido' – Hirafu is a much-loved cycling destination thanks to its stunning landscape, comfortable summers, excellent cycling facilities and wide variety of cycling trails which cater to all skill levels.
- Come spring, the snowmelt raises the water levels of the Shiribetsu River by almost two metres, making it ideal for white water rafting. A 12 km-long course runs from Hirafu Station to Niseko Station across Japan's cleanest river. Although it will take you past a number of exciting challenges, the course is easy enough to navigate while enjoying the valley's stunning beauty.
- With its elevated rope courses, zip-lines, free-fall platforms, bouncy slides and horse rides, the recreational park PURE provides a wonderful day-out for children and adults of all ages.
- The 18-hole, 73 par Niseko Village Golf Course is considered the jewel in the crown of Hokkaido's golf scene, thanks to its excellent facilities and the area's dry and pleasant summers. With the photogenic Mount Yotei in the background, we really can't think of a better place for practicing your shots or improving your handicap.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
This chalet features:
- Spacious and stylish living areas
- Two comfortable extended family rooms with a queen bed plus a bunk bed; and a third guest room with a with a queen-size bed that can be set up for couples or singles
- Three bathrooms with showers and toilets. One of the bathrooms also has a bathtub.
- Well-equipped, contemporary open-plan kitchen with a breakfast island
- Dining table that seats eight people
- Flat-screen TV, Apple TV and Wii game console
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Outdoor parking for one car
- Ski slope shuttle services to Annapuri, Hirafu and Hanazono from 8am to 10:00am and from 2:00pm to 3:30pm, during the winter season
- Two extended bedrooms with queen-size beds and a bunk bed - perfect for families; both with ensuite bathrooms
- A third bedroom with a queen bed that can be split into twin beds; with a bathroom down a corridor
- All queen beds can be set up to twin beds best for couples or singles
- Sleeps up to 10 guests
Each elite haven in Niseko is self-catering. With a gorgeous fully equipped modern kitchen at your disposal, you will be tempted to stir up your favourite dishes or perhaps something for the little ones. Our partner, Niseko Gourmet offers provisioning services wherein handpicked Hokkaido produce will be brought to your doorstep, along with all the groceries you need.
However, a day on the slopes can get tiring. If you’re not in the mood to cook, why not order in a gourmet meal? Choose from Niseko Gourmet’s tempting menu and enjoy delicious food in the comfort of your living room. For an indulgent experience, ask our Concierge to set up a Niseko Gourmet dinner in your chalet. Sit back and relax as a master chef cooks up a storm within your holiday home and serves you delectable meals including a live display of handmade sushi or an intimate sashimi, tempura & soba noodle experience. Extravagant five or seven-course dinners for adults and two-course dinners for children can also be prepared.
If you feel like heading out, you’ll be spoilt for choice with some of the best restaurants in the area a stone’s throw away. Niseko has a flourishing food scene, with exciting bars, smart eateries and even some fabulous food trucks for a quick bite. Our Concierge will be happy to offer guidance about the best places to eat around your chalet, depending on your personal preferences. They can also make reservations on your behalf, if availability permits.Visit Niseko Gourmet
This is the best chalet we have been in! Lovely!. Wonderful clean beautiful warm home! Thank you09-Mar-2023 - 14-Mar-2023 Chung Yuan K
We really love this place! Andrew’s team are very very helpful ! For sure we will coming back!25-Jan-2020 - 31-Jan-2020 Yan L
Very nice staff, helpful. Transfer and shuttle was prefect,always come very soon. Chalet is clean, we can found everything in kitchen. We enjoyed the stay, will come again!15-Jan-2020 - 21-Jan-2020 Linshi W
Jake and Seb
Andrew and crew were very friendly and attentive! House is super clean and everything we need was there. Lovely restaurant is literally just around corner, great location! Definitely coming back!!24-Dec-2019 - 02-Jan-2020 Tomoko H
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service