The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Super stylish and supremely comfortable, Birchwood Chalet is a three-bedroom chalet set in a peaceful and picturesque locale, overlooking woodlands in Niseko Village, just minutes from Niseko Village Ski Resort.
Capturing the sophistication yet simplicity of contemporary Japanese design aesthetics, this modern mountain chalet makes a memorable first impression, with its striking black façade, cubist structure and surrounding birchwood. Crossing the threshold reveals bright, harmonious interiors with attractive pale wooden floors, minimalist décor and three generous bedrooms that comfortably sleep six, making Birchwood Chalet a delightful home away from home for friends and families.
The spacious open-plan living area creates a cheerful communal space right in the centre of the chalet. After an action-packed day on the slopes, or hiking scenic mountain trails, gather at the elegant wooden dining table to share meals and stories. Or you may be content to simply gaze out of the large picture windows that frame soothing forest views – and watch the snowfall in the winter months, or the birchwood bloom in the spring.
Those who wish to self-cater will love the sparkling, beautifully-appointed kitchen and the convenience of grocery delivery service from Niseko Gourmet – who can also prepare and deliver full meals. While an excellent choice of cafes, restaurants and bars can be found nearby in Niseko Village and Hirafu Village; there is even an on-call driver for local trips to Hirafu Village in the winter months.
No matter how you choose to spend your vacation in Niseko, whether hitting the ski fields, soaking in thermal springs, hiking mountain trails or enjoying summer festivals, at the end of the day, you will always be thrilled to come home to Birchwood Chalet.
Scenic and serene
Modern design and decor
"One of the best Airbnbs we have stayed at. The house is beautiful, spacious, clean and modern. Easy checkin/entry, the house was professionally cleaned every other day, the kitchen was stocked with almost everything you needed and the Elite Havens management team was super responsive, plus we loved that they provided a complimentary shuttle to and from town. The house was perfectly located for us as we snowboarded/skied at Niseko and Rusutsu. It’s also just a 5 minute drive to the center of Hirafu, so extremely convenient and great if you do want to stay in a more peaceful environment, yet close to the center. This place was perfect."
Rates and availability
Last Minute Winter Offer
Last Minute Winter OfferDream of stunning vistas, incredible mountain ranges and magnificent countryside. Hit the powdery slopes of Niseko and celebrate the festive season in the safety of your private chalet. Enjoy 15% off for bookings received from 1 December 2020 until 13 April 2021, for stays between 14 December 2020 and 13 April 2021.
Terms and conditions:- Discounts valid only for new bookings received from 1 December 2020 until 13 April 2021- Valid for stays between 14 December 2020 and 13 April 2021- Guaranteed refund or credit conditions apply at the time of booking
Experience a Blooming Summer in Hokkaido
Experience a Blooming Summer in Hokkaido
As much as Niseko is known for its soft, powder white snow, it is in summer that it truly displays its blooming, mesmerising self. From white-water rafting in Shiribetsu River to hiking through a myriad of mountain trails, summer in Niseko has plenty to do for the entire family. Embark on thrilling adventures or soak in the Hokkaido experience when you stay at our enchanting private chalets. Save 15% on new bookings made from now until 30 June 2021, for stays from 14 April until 22 November 2021.
Terms and conditions:- Discounts valid only for new bookings received from now until 30 June 2021- Valid on stays from 14 April until 22 November 2021- Guaranteed refund or credit conditions apply at the time of booking- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers
Early Bird Winter Promo
Early Bird Winter Promo
Experience Niseko’s famed powder snow as you ski down its myriad slopes or enjoy the stunning backcountry surrounds. Enjoy seclusion, comfort and convenience, and make unforgettable memories when you stay at one of our private villas in Niseko. Book early and get 15% off on chalet rates for stays from 23 November 2021 until 13 April 2022, for bookings received from now until 30 June 2021.
Terms and conditions:- Discounts valid only for new bookings received from now until 30 June 2021- Valid on stays from 23 November 2021 until 13 April 2022- Guaranteed refund or credit conditions apply at the time of booking- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers
This chalet features:
- Stylish modern open-plan living with lovely birchwood views
- Attractive woodwork throughout
- Comfortable lounge area with sofa and Apple TV
- Modern, beautifully-appointed kitchen
- Wooden dining table that seats six people
- Double glazing, central heating
- Secure dry room for skis and other outdoor equipment
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- Daily housekeeping service from Monday to Saturday
- On-call driver to and from Niseko and Hirafu village locations including ski gondolas (winter only)
- Birchwood House sleeps up to 6 adults
- All the rooms are located on the same level
- Generous master bedroom with 2 queen-size beds and an elegant ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower and countertop sink.
- Two guest bedrooms with split king-size beds and a shared bathroom with a walk-in shower and countertop sink, plus an additional powder room with toilet.
Niseko Village is a peaceful area typified by forests, flower fields, farmlands and homestays, located on Japan’s mountainous northern island, Hokkaido. It’s a popular choice for those who wish to enjoy a beautiful natural setting, yet be close to all four of the separate but interconnected ski resorts collectively known as Niseko United. Renowned for its powder snow, Niseko lures winter sports aficionados from around the world, yet there is more to this region than perfect ski conditions. Stunning mountain scenery, a burgeoning wellness scene and myriad gourmet dining options make it a much-loved year-round destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Birchwood is located on the edge of a forest in Soga, a short drive from upmarket Niseko Village Ski Resort, and cosmopolitan Hirafu Village. An on-call driver will be happy to drive you to and from both villages and the ski gondolas in the winter months.
Things to do
Our Concierge team is on-hand to give you all the local information you need. They can also make restaurant reservations for you or help rent sports equipment as well as arrange ski lift passes. With our competent team at your service, leave all your worries behind. Though the area has a plethora of activities, here are our top choices for things to do in Niseko, regardless of the season you visit:
- Famed for fresh seafood and flourishing gourmet dining scenes, Niseko Village and Hirafu Village are home to an eclectic choice of restaurants offering Japanese and international cuisines. Discerning diners have three Michelin-star restaurants to choose from, Rakuichi Soba in Niseko Village, and Kamimura and Ichimura in Hirafu, all serving exceptionally fine Japanese fare.
- For a bespoke elevated dining experience, Niseko Gourmet can arrange for a special meal to be cooked in your own chalet by one of Japan’s finest chefs. From a traditional sushi bar to an intimate sukiyaki meal, this is indulgence to the next level. Gourmet food delivery and grocery shopping are also offered in case you prefer to self-cater.
- Acclaimed as Hokkaido’s premier health and wellness destination, Niseko is blessed with a number of atmospheric thermal hot springs, known as onsen, renowned for their relaxation and rejuvenation properties. Immerse yourself in steamy waters at The Hilton Niseko Onsen, or amidst the boulders and pine trees at The Green Leaf, then treat yourself to a massage or therapy at the adjoining spas.
- Enjoy farm fresh food and striking views of Mount Yotei at Mandriano, a pizza shop adjoining the cheese factory of Takahashi Farm in Soga. Got kids in tow? They will love the fun indoor kids’ play area in the winter, and frollicking in the surrounding fields in the warmer months.
- For a night out around town, we suggest heading to cosmopolitan Hirafu Village and sampling rare Japanese whiskies at Bar Gyu or the vast selection of Japanese craft beers at Mick's. If you still have energy left, be sure to check out Wild Bill's for live music and late-night DJ sets.
- The Nikka Yoichi Distillery is a popular place to visit and learn the workings of the world-renowned whisky’s first distillery, opened in 1934. Some use it as a halfway point to Otaru, the quaint harbour city known for is well-preserved canals, café culture, glassworks, music boxes and street side stalls plying amazing seafood. For something more urban, Sapporo City is abuzz 24/7. Japan’s fifth largest city is known for its wide, tree-lined boulevards, ramen and great beer, as well as the annual snow festival in February featuring art and sculptures made of snow and ice, including snow slides.
Widely acclaimed as Japan’s powder playground, Niseko enjoys an average of 15 metres of snow annually, which, combined with fabulous infrastructure and a buzzing international vibe, makes it one of the most sought-after winter experiences in the world. Here are some tips to make the most of your stay in the snow season.
- Birchwood is located four kilometres from Niseko Village Ski Resort, where a network of gondolas provides connection to different areas, including beginner-friendly ski runs and the only avalanche controlled extreme Ski terrain in Niseko, Mizuno No Sawa. A complimentary shuttle service is offered during winter from your doorstep to the gondolas at Niseko Village and neighbouring Hirafu Village.
- Whether you're a first-timer trying to familiarise yourself with a pair of skis or an accomplished snowboarder trying to perfect your turns, Niseko Village Snow School has a wide range of lessons and programmes available which cater to all levels. Travelling with kids? There is a Kids Snow School too, and daycare for toddlers.
- Driving a snowmobile is an exhilarating way to explore Niseko's incredible scenery. From adventurous guided tours speeding down forested trails, to skidding along the snow on a raft, there are plenty of options available for safe and exciting family fun.
- For those slightly more adventurous we can recommend Niseko's specialist mountain guides. Highly trained in rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering and off-piste skiing, their incredible knowledge and understanding of the local terrain will provide you with an unforgettable experience of the area's wild backcountry in the safest possible way.
- How about whisking across the sparkling snow on a reindeer sled just like in fairy tales? This is one experience the kids will never forget. The whole family can also join a jumbo sled tour, on a custom-designed snowmobile sled which seats up to six people.
Spring and Summer
- As the snow melts, the landscape explodes with wild flowers making Niseko a perfect base for hiking. Enjoy the crisp clean air as you ramble across the moors or climb Mount Yotei to enjoy a 360 degree panorama from the trail that winds around the caldera.
- Play a round of golf while enjoying glorious scenery and spectacular views of Mount Yotei at Niseko Village Golf Course, which was named Japan's Best Golf Course at the World Golf Awards in 2014.
- Treat the whole family to a day of fun at Pure at Niseko Village – a nature activity centre with the longest zip line in Japan. You can also enjoy horse riding, panoramic views of Mount Yotei and the Niseko mountain range from a hot air balloon. The little ones will love ‘Pure’ Adventure the park’s newest attraction which has an inflatable playground filled with mazes and slides.
- Regularly hosting Japan's largest cycling race – the 'Tour de Hokkaido' Niseko is a popular cycling destination with a wide variety of trails suitable for all levels, including exhilarating downhill mountain trails via gondola. Got something more leisurely in mind? Quiet country lanes are ideal for gentle family biking.
- Picturesque lakes and rivers make fresh water fishing, canyoning and rafting popular summer pastimes. Shiribetsu River offers some of the best rafting in Asia and you can expect stunning alpine scenery and crystal clear water. Alternatively, head to the nearby Shakotan Peninsula where sea kayaking reveals a magical ocean colour known as Shakotan blue.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (4)
Diana & Tom, United States, 21-Jan-2020 - 31-Jan-2020One of the best Airbnbs we have stayed at. The house is beautiful, spacious, clean and modern. Easy checkin/entry, the house was professionally cleaned every other day, the kitchen was stocked with almost everything you needed and the Elite Havens management team was super responsive, plus we loved that they provided a complimentary shuttle to and from town. The house was perfectly located for us as we snowboarded/skied at Niseko and Rusutsu. It’s also just a 5 minute drive to the center of Hirafu, so extremely convenient and great if you do want to stay in a more peaceful environment, yet close to the center. This place was perfect.
Jo F, Hong Kong, 12-Jan-2020 - 18-Jan-2020Thank you so much for sending us here as well as arranging the logistics Rochil. Very helpful!! @Elite Havens Niseko @Rochi! We had an amazing stay at Andrew’s house. Much better than we expected in the following aspects: 1. Elite Haven's Rochil helped us with pre-arrival logistics and helped us book all tickets, rentals as well as commute tickets. Super responsive 2. Shuttle between Birchwood and resorts - this is so much more convenient than renting your own car and driving yourself for a 6-person group. They always arrive on time and pick us up at most of the spots between 8am-6pm. They even had exceptions for us post 6pm when we had trouble booking taxis. Very sweet and friendly ground team. 3. The house is super NEW with good quality facilities. It was really stylish as well as AMAZING view!!! They have almost everything from dish washer, coffee machine, laundry etc 4. House keeping everyday - this is the first airbnb place I have ever stayed that offers house keeping everyday which makes the place clean and tidy. In all, we had a good stay and will definitely recommend others to stay here. It made my first Niseko trip wonderful.
Carrie Z, China, 14-Dec-2019 - 17-Dec-2019Great house with Amazing french windows in the living room and the dining room - facing the outside view. It also has the coziest kitchen. It's surrounded by wood and snow - which contribute to a beautiful snowy landscape. The most important thing is everyone in Elite Havens is quite cheerful and charming. We had a memorable time in Birchwood.
Joy Y, Taiwan, 02-Nov-2019 - 03-Nov-2019It is our greatest pleasure to be the first guest. The house is so lovely with a great view - both mountains and forest view (though no leaves). We spent great nights in living room - the floor is warm and Apple TV brought us fun and enjoyment. All the facilities are new and high quality. Enjoyed everything in the house - Andrew's welcome also appreciated. Shall visit again.
Last viewed villas