The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Whether you spent the day hiking up Mount Annupuri’s endless trails, sliding down Niseko’s powder-covered slopes, or sauntering along Hirafu village’s quiet roads, we can’t think of a better home to return to than the luxurious four-bedroom Gouka Chalet.
‘Gouka’ means gorgeous in Japanese which – considering the awesome vistas from anywhere in this spacious chalet – somehow sounds like an understatement. Combining a typically Japanese taste for modern simplicity with elegant design, Gouka Chalet is a remarkable choice for a family or a group of friends looking for a stylish rental home, centrally located in Hirafu’s middle village.
Comfortably sleeping eight people, the chalet comprises of two generous ensuite master bedrooms and two guest bedrooms that share a separate bathroom with a bathtub. Each room can be set up for singles or for couples.
Gouka Chalet’s charming lounge area with relaxing leather sofas and nostalgic fireplace, along with its open-plan kitchen and large dining table, provide a great meeting space for catching up with loved ones on the day’s earlier outside adventures.
Fitted with a high-quality Bose sound system, flat-screen TV, DVD player and a variety of board games, there’s enough entertainment to please everyone during a cosy night-in.
For less homely après-ski options, simply head to one of Hirafu’s many bars or restaurants, most of which are only minutes away from the chalet.
Gouka Chalet’s excellent amenities, central location, and warm interior provide a lovely home for outdoor enthusiasts, both in winter and in summer.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Gouka Chalet is located in Hirafu’s middle village, a short walk from some its best eateries, including Rin Japanese Restaurant and Niseko’s Yummy Pizza – excellent choices when all that outside activity has you reaching for some necessary carbs.
Don’t let heavy snowfall deter you from having a good time. Many of Hirafu’s pavements are heated which means you’ll be able to reach your destination ‘slip and slide’-free. There’s an excellent range of evening entertainment venues in the village, from the quirky Bar Gyu with its exceptional range of rare Japanese whiskies, to live music and late-night DJ sets at Wild Bill’s.
After a long day in the great outdoors, there’s no better way to relax than by visiting one of the many thermal spas or ‘onsen’. Gouka Chalet is close to Hotel Hirafutei Onsen and Hotel Alpen Onsen – both renowned for their beautiful facilities and excellent rejuvenation treatments.
Gouka Chalet is also a ten-minute walk or a short drive from the Grand Hirafu ski gondola which gives you access to some of the area’s steepest slopes and also caters well to beginners.More information for Things to do
Our Concierge team is on-hand to give you all the local information you need. They can also make restaurant reservations for you or help rent sports equipment as well as arrange ski lift passes. With our competent team at your service, leave all your worries behind. Though the area has a plethora of activities, here are our top choices for things to do in Niseko, regardless of the season you visit:
All year round
- The village of Hirafu is at the centre of a flourishing food scene, so you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to dining out. Nothing but the best Kobe beef is served at Steak Rosso Rosso and if you prefer seafood, we suggest trying out some of Hokkaido's freshest catch at Ezo's.
- For a bespoke elevated dining experience, Niseko Gourmet can arrange for a special meal to be cooked in your own chalet by one of Japan’s finest chefs. From a traditional sushi bar to an intimate sukiyaki meal, this is indulgence to the next level. Gourmet food delivery and grocery shopping are also offered in case you prefer to self-cater.
- Hirafu has steadily built a reputation as one of Hokkaido's prime health and wellness resorts. Relax those sore muscles in Hotel Niseko Alpen's volcanic hot spring (or 'onsen') – a popular choice due to its stunning mountain views, 25-metre pool and high-tech infrared light stone sauna. Japanese custom requires that you enter the gender-specific onsen without any clothes on, not even a swimsuit.
- For discerning diners, Hirafu has not one but two world-class restaurants – Kamimura and Ichimura – both serving exceptionally fine Japanese fare.
- For a night out around town, we suggest sampling rare Japanese whiskies at Bar Gyu or the vast selection of Japanese craft beers at Mick's. If you still have energy left, be sure to check out Wild Bill's for live music and late-night DJ sets.
- Explore some of the area's local museums on a rainy afternoon. The architecturally striking Shu Ogawara Museum of Art in nearby Kutchan is an ode to one of Hokkaido's most famous painters. With its display of colourful art pieces by the artist himself, as well as its seasonal exhibits and regular classical concerts, it is well-worth a visit any time of the year. Located right opposite the Museum of Art is the Kutchan Natural History Museum which hosts fascinating exhibits about the local fauna and the area's rich local history.
- Hokkaido has many festivals around the year and it is a great way to immerse yourself in the culture of the country. From Jaga Matsuri to Niseko Fireworks Festival, there’s plenty to choose from. Make sure you check the festival calendar for your vacation dates.
- The property is located one kilometre from the Grand Hirafu Gondola which gives you access to some of the area's steepest slopes, as well as some great beginner runs.
- Whether you're a first-timer trying to familiarise yourself with a pair of skis or an accomplished snowboarder trying to perfect your turns, the Niseko Grand Hirafu Snow School has a wide range of lessons and programmes available which cater to all levels.
- Driving a snow mobile is an exhilarating way to explore Hirafu's incredible scenery. From adventurous guided tours speeding down forested trails, to skidding along the snow on a banana boat, there are plenty of options available for safe and exciting family fun.
- Kids love tobogganning and tubing down the slopes. Indulge them at Kids Land Annupuri, Niseko Kids at Niseko Village or Hirafu Alpen Kids Park and Zoo, which also has a mini-zoo with penguins, rabbits and llamas.
- For those slightly more adventurous we can recommend Niseko's specialist mountain guides. Highly trained in rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering and off-piste skiing, their incredible knowledge and understanding of the local terrain will provide you with an unforgettable experience of the area's wild backcountry in the safest possible way.
- Regularly hosting Japan's largest cycling race – the 'Tour de Hokkaido' – Hirafu is a much-loved cycling destination thanks to its stunning landscape, comfortable summers, excellent cycling facilities and wide variety of cycling trails which cater to all skill levels.
- Come spring, the snowmelt raises the water levels of the Shiribetsu River by almost two metres, making it ideal for white water rafting. A 12 km-long course runs from Hirafu Station to Niseko Station across Japan's cleanest river. Although it will take you past a number of exciting challenges, the course is easy enough to navigate while enjoying the valley's stunning beauty.
- With its elevated rope courses, zip-lines, free-fall platforms, bouncy slides and horse rides, the recreational park PURE provides a wonderful day-out for children and adults of all ages.
- The 18-hole, 73 par Niseko Village Golf Course is considered the jewel in the crown of Hokkaido's golf scene, thanks to its excellent facilities and the area's dry and pleasant summers. With the photogenic Mount Yotei in the background, we really can't think of a better place for practicing your shots or improving your handicap.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
140sqm (chalet). 170sqm (total).
This chalet features:
- Spacious and bright living area with comfortable lounge area
- Two large master bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Two guest bedrooms sharing a separate bathroom with shower and bathtub
- Very spacious open-plan kitchen
- Dining table that seats eight people
- Flat-screen TV and Bose speakers
- Charming gas and stone fireplace
- Secure dry room for skis and other outdoor equipment
- Ski slope shuttle services to Annapuri, Hirafu and Hanazono from 8am to 10:00am and from 2:00pm to 3:30pm, during the winter season
- Two ensuite master bedrooms on the first and second floor
- Two guest rooms on the second floor with a shared bathroom
- All bedrooms feature king-size beds which can be split into twin beds
- Sleeps up to 8 guests
Each elite haven in Niseko is self-catering. With a gorgeous fully equipped modern kitchen at your disposal, you will be tempted to stir up your favourite dishes or perhaps something for the little ones. Our partner, Niseko Gourmet offers provisioning services wherein handpicked Hokkaido produce will be brought to your doorstep, along with all the groceries you need.
However, a day on the slopes can get tiring. If you’re not in the mood to cook, why not order in a gourmet meal? Choose from Niseko Gourmet’s tempting menu and enjoy delicious food in the comfort of your living room. For an indulgent experience, ask our Concierge to set up a Niseko Gourmet dinner in your chalet. Sit back and relax as a master chef cooks up a storm within your holiday home and serves you delectable meals including a live display of handmade sushi or an intimate sashimi, tempura & soba noodle experience. Extravagant five or seven-course dinners for adults and two-course dinners for children can also be prepared.
If you feel like heading out, you’ll be spoilt for choice with some of the best restaurants in the area a stone’s throw away. Niseko has a flourishing food scene, with exciting bars, smart eateries and even some fabulous food trucks for a quick bite. Our Concierge will be happy to offer guidance about the best places to eat around your chalet, depending on your personal preferences. They can also make reservations on your behalf, if availability permits.Visit Niseko Gourmet
The Elite Havens group that runs this property does a spectacular job. They will give you rides anywhere in Hirafu during business hours, and make sure you get in and out of town with ease. Daniel was especially great! The staff in general were very accommodating and helpful. I would stay here again.10-Feb-2020 - 15-Feb-2020 Alex W
Thank you for the wonderful stay in Hirafu and the A+ hospitality! We will be back for more POW and onsen laps in the near future!04-Feb-2020 - 09-Feb-2020 Jackie & friends
Great space for a group - warm and spacious. Elite Havens concierge and shuttle service at Niseko was a wonderful bonus when booking this house. Not too far from the restaurants. Also some great spots a couple blocks away.26-Jan-2020 - 02-Feb-2020 Elizabeth W
Thank you for looking after us everyone. We had a great time. All the best.09-Jan-2020 - 13-Jan-2020 Keven & Ali
Location is amazing and the Elite Havens transport arrangements around Hirafu a very nice touch. Everyone is super helpful and made our family’s stay a very pleasant one.21-Dec-2019 - 02-Jan-2020 Zhong L
Gouka cottage is a fantastic place for a large group of people! Elite Havens transportation service was absolutely amazing giving you pick up and drop off options to the local hills. They also helped with rentals and provided plenty of information on the area. Plenty of breakfast things were provided to get us going and ready for the slopes.17-Dec-2019 - 21-Dec-2019 Jingyu J
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service