Kita Kitsune Chalet
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
With its spectacular views of Mount Yotei, striking concrete façade and stylish interior design, the four-bedroom luxury Kita Kitsune Chalet is a wonderfully chic home to return to after spending a day in the great outdoors.
Located in the village of Hirafu with its laid-back vibes and flourishing après-ski scene, Kita Kitsune Chalet is only minutes away from some of the world’s best ‘champagne snow-powder’ and numerous hiking trails.
Overlooking a spacious outside terrace – perfect for alfresco dining – Kita Kitsune Chalet’s living areas have been beautifully appointed with modern minimalist furniture, a swanky, decorative, hanging fireplace, and splashes of colour adding a lively playfulness to an otherwise sleek and polished interior.
With snowy white mountains in the background – or lush green woods, depending on the time of the year – the chalet’s lounge area provides an elegant space for catching up on each other’s daily hiking, skiing or golf adventures.
Kita Kitsune Chalet has two comfortable master bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, as well as two guest bedrooms that share a separate bathroom.
The modern open-plan kitchen with its large worktop offers a welcome invitation to prepare a meal from scratch. You won’t need to worry about cooking however, given the chalet’s close proximity to some of Hirafu’s best eateries.
Thanks to its excellent location, swanky interior, and exceptional amenities, this chalet is an excellent choice for a family or a group of friends looking to explore Hirafu in luxury and style.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Kita Kitsune Chalet is located on a quiet road in the centre of Hirafu village. It has easy access to an excellent choice of eateries, ranging from casual lunch at the Green Farm Café and Rosso Rosso Steak, to Michelin-star fine dining at Kamimura.
Don’t let heavy snowfall deter you from having a good time. Many of Hirafu’s pavements are heated which means you’ll be able to reach your destination ‘slip and slide’-free. There’s an excellent range of evening entertainment venues in the village, from the quirky Bar Gyu with its exceptional range of rare Japanese whiskies, to live music and late-night DJ sets at Wild Bill’s.
After a long day in the great outdoors, there’s no better way to relax than soaking those tired muscles in one of the many thermal spas or ‘onsen’. Kita Kitsune Chalet is close to both Hotel Hirafutei Onsen and Hotel Alpen Onsen – renowned for their beautiful facilities and excellent rejuvenation treatments.
The chalet is also a ten-minute walk or a short drive from the Grand Hirafu ski gondola which gives you access to some of the area’s steepest slopes and also caters well to beginners. Simply call one of our on-call drivers to drive you there in the morning and pick you up again in the afternoon.More information for Things to do
Our Concierge team is on-hand to give you all the local information you need. They can also make restaurant reservations for you or help rent sports equipment as well as arrange ski lift passes. With our competent team at your service, leave all your worries behind. Though the area has a plethora of activities, here are our top choices for things to do in Niseko, regardless of the season you visit:All year round
- Hokkaido’s produce is renowned throughout the world and thus it is no wonder that Niseko has a thriving food scene. Meat lovers will appreciate the rare Kobe beef at Steak Rosso Rosso, and if you prefer seafood, we suggest trying out some of Hokkaido’s freshest catch at Ezo’s. A visit to one of Hirafu's two most famous restaurants – Kamimura and Ichimura, both serving exceptional fine Japanese dining, should also be on your checklist..
- For a bespoke elevated dining experience, Niseko Gourmet can arrange for a special meal to be cooked in your own chalet by one of Japan’s finest chefs. From a traditional sushi bar to an intimate sukiyaki meal, this is indulgence to the next level. Gourmet food delivery and grocery shopping are also offered in case you prefer to self-cater.
- Hirafu has steadily built a reputation as one of Hokkaido's prime health and wellness resorts. Relax those sore muscles in Hotel Niseko Alpen's volcanic hot spring (or 'onsen') – a popular choice due to its stunning mountain views, 25-metre pool and high-tech infrared light stone sauna. Japanese custom requires that you enter the gender-specific onsen without any clothes on, not even a swimsuit.
- For a night out around town, we suggest sampling rare Japanese whiskies at Bar Gyu or the vast selection of Japanese craft beers at Mick's. If you still have energy left, be sure to check out Wild Bill's for live music and late-night DJ sets.
- Explore some of the area's local museums on a rainy afternoon. The architecturally striking Shu Ogawara Museum of Art in nearby Kutchan is an ode to one of Hokkaido's most famous painters. With its display of colourful art pieces by the artist himself, as well as its seasonal exhibits and regular classical concerts, it is well-worth a visit any time of the year. Located right opposite the Museum of Art is the Kutchan Natural History Museum which hosts fascinating exhibits about the local fauna and the area's rich local history.
- Hokkaido has many festivals around the year and it is a great way to immerse yourself in the culture of the country. From Jaga Matsuri to Niseko Fireworks Festival, there’s plenty to choose from. Make sure you check the festival calendar for your vacation dates.
- The property is located one kilometre from the Grand Hirafu Gondola which gives you access to some of the area's steepest slopes, as well as some great beginner runs. A complimentary shuttle service is offered during winter from your doorstep to the gondola. From the gondola, there are other free shuttle buses that will take you to any of the other Niseko resorts.
- Whether you're a first-timer trying to familiarise yourself with a pair of skis or an accomplished snowboarder trying to perfect your turns, the Niseko Grand Hirafu Snow School has a wide range of lessons and programmes available which cater to all levels.
- Driving a snow mobile is an exhilarating way to explore Hirafu's incredible scenery. From adventurous guided tours speeding down forested trails, to skidding along the snow on a banana boat, there are plenty of options available for safe and exciting family fun.
- Kids love tobogganning and tubing down the slopes. Indulge them at Kids Land Annupuri, Niseko Kids at Niseko Village or Hirafu Alpen Kids Park and Zoo, which also has a mini-zoo with penguins, rabbits and llamas.
- For those slightly more adventurous we can recommend Niseko's specialist mountain guides. Highly trained in rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering and off-piste skiing, their incredible knowledge and understanding of the local terrain will provide you with an unforgettable experience of the area's wild backcountry in the safest possible way.
- Regularly hosting Japan's largest cycling race – the 'Tour de Hokkaido' – Hirafu is a much-loved cycling destination thanks to its stunning landscape, comfortable summers, excellent cycling facilities and wide variety of cycling trails which cater to all skill levels.
- Come spring, the snowmelt raises the water levels of the Shiribetsu River by almost two metres, making it ideal for white water rafting. A 12 km-long course runs from Hirafu Station to Niseko Station across Japan's cleanest river. Although it will take you past a number of exciting challenges, the course is easy enough to navigate while enjoying the valley's stunning beauty.
- With its elevated rope courses, zip-lines, free-fall platforms, bouncy slides and horse rides, the recreational park PURE provides a wonderful day-out for children and adults of all ages.
- The 18-hole, 73 par Niseko Village Golf Course is considered the jewel in the crown of Hokkaido's golf scene, thanks to its excellent facilities and the area's dry and pleasant summers. With the photogenic Mount Yotei in the background, we really can't think of a better place for practicing your shots or improving your handicap.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
This chalet features:
- Open-plan living and dining area with modern, decorative hanging fireplace
- Ground floor ensuite master bedroom with queen-size bed
- First floor ensuite master bedroom with queen-size bed
- Two guest bedrooms, both with queen-size beds, sharing a separate bathroom with bathtub
- Fully equipped open-plan kitchen with wide kitchen island and bar stools
- Dining table that seats eight people
- Windowed walls that provide spectacular views over Mount Yotei and surrounding areas
- Flat-screen TV and Apple TV
- Board games, large selection of books and DVD player with DVDs
- Secure dry room for skis and other outdoor equipment
- Barbecue (extra)
- Spacious outdoor terrace
- Outdoor parking available for one car
- On-call driver to and from locations in the village and the Grand Hirafu ski gondola
- Two ensuite master bedrooms, both with queen-size bed with the other one convertible to twins
- Two guest bedrooms, both with queen-size beds, sharing a separate bathroom with bathtub
- Sleeps up to 6 guests
Each elite haven in Niseko is self-catering. With a gorgeous fully equipped modern kitchen at your disposal, you will be tempted to stir up your favourite dishes or perhaps something for the little ones. Our partner, Niseko Gourmet offers provisioning services wherein handpicked Hokkaido produce will be brought to your doorstep, along with all the groceries you need.
However, a day on the slopes can get tiring. If you’re not in the mood to cook, why not order in a gourmet meal? Choose from Niseko Gourmet’s tempting menu and enjoy delicious food in the comfort of your living room. For an indulgent experience, ask our Concierge to set up a Niseko Gourmet dinner in your chalet. Sit back and relax as a master chef cooks up a storm within your holiday home and serves you delectable meals including a live display of handmade sushi or an intimate sashimi, tempura & soba noodle experience. Extravagant five or seven-course dinners for adults and two-course dinners for children can also be prepared.
If you feel like heading out, you’ll be spoilt for choice with some of the best restaurants in the area a stone’s throw away. Niseko has a flourishing food scene, with exciting bars, smart eateries and even some fabulous food trucks for a quick bite. Our Concierge will be happy to offer guidance about the best places to eat around your chalet, depending on your personal preferences. They can also make reservations on your behalf, if availability permits.Visit Niseko Gourmet
The perfect accommodation for our group of 8 people. Niseko is very nice in the summer time. We enjoyed BBQ'ing and enjoying a drink on the deck. Kita Kitsune was very private and comfortable. Thank you.18-Jul-2020 - 19-Jul-2020 AKIHIRO S
The fellas from Canada had a fantastic stay here - awesome house and great location!12-Feb-2020 - 16-Feb-2020 John B
Great place to stay in lower Hirafu!28-Jan-2020 - 03-Feb-2020 Laura J
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service