The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
With its spectacular views of Mount Yotei, striking concrete façade and stylish interior design, the four-bedroom luxury Chalet Kita Kitsune is a wonderfully chic home to return to after spending a day in the great outdoors.
Located in the village of Hirafu with its laid-back vibes and flourishing après-ski scene, Chalet Kita Kitsune is only minutes away from some of the world’s best ‘champagne snow-powder’ and numerous hiking trails.
Overlooking a spacious outside terrace – perfect for alfresco dining – Chalet Kita Kitsune’s living areas have been beautifully appointed with modern minimalist furniture, a swanky, decorative, hanging fireplace, and splashes of colour adding a lively playfulness to an otherwise sleek and polished interior.
With snowy white mountains in the background – or lush green woods, depending on the time of the year – the chalet’s lounge area provides an elegant space for catching up on each other’s daily hiking, skiing or golf adventures.
Chalet Kita Kitsune has two comfortable master bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, as well as two guest bedrooms that share a separate bathroom.
The modern open-plan kitchen with its large worktop offers a welcome invitation to prepare a meal from scratch. You won’t need to worry about cooking however, given the chalet’s close proximity to some of Hirafu’s best eateries.
Thanks to its excellent location, swanky interior, and exceptional amenities, this chalet is an excellent choice for a family or a group of friends looking to explore Hirafu in luxury and style.
Snowy white mountain in winter and lush green woods background in summer
Spectacular views of Mount Yotei
Modern and comfy indoor living
"The perfect accommodation for our group of 8 people. Niseko is very nice in the summer time. We enjoyed BBQ'ing and enjoying a drink on the deck. Kita Kitsune was very private and comfortable. Thank you."
Rates and Real time availability
Early Bird Discount Rate
Early Bird Discount Rate
Enjoy 15% discount for bookings confirmed from 1st September until 30th November 2020, for stays between 14th December 2020 and 31st March 2021.
We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current Covid-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund of the amount paid or a credit for the amount paid that can be used within 12 months of your check-in date, in the same chalet, subject to availability, valid for new bookings received from 19 February 2020 onwards. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms & conditions:
- Discounts valid only for new bookings received from 1st September until 30th November 2020
- Valid for stays between 14th December 2020 and 31st March 2021
- Guaranteed refund or credit conditions apply at the time of booking
This chalet features:
- Open-plan living and dining area with modern, decorative hanging fireplace
- Ground floor ensuite master bedroom with queen-size bed
- First floor ensuite master bedroom with queen-size bed
- Two guest bedrooms, both with queen-size beds, sharing a separate bathroom with bathtub
- Fully equipped open-plan kitchen with wide kitchen island and bar stools
- Dining table that seats eight people
- Windowed walls that provide spectacular views over Mount Yotei and surrounding areas
- Flat-screen TV and Apple TV
- Board games, large selection of books and DVD player with DVDs
- Secure dry room for skis and other outdoor equipment
- Barbecue (extra)
- Spacious outdoor terrace
- Outdoor parking available for one car
- Daily housekeeper from Monday to Saturday
- On-call driver to and from locations in the village and the Grand Hirafu ski gondola
- Two ensuite master bedrooms, both with queen-size bed with the other one convertible to twins
- Two guest bedrooms, both with queen-size beds, sharing a separate bathroom with bathtub
- Sleeps up to 8 guests
Chalet Kita Kitsune is located on a quiet road in the centre of Hirafu village. It has easy access to an excellent choice of eateries, ranging from casual lunch at the Green Farm Café and Rosso Rosso Steak, to Michelin-star fine dining at Kamimura.
Don’t let heavy snowfall deter you from having a good time. Many of Hirafu’s pavements are heated which means you’ll be able to reach your destination ‘slip and slide’-free. There’s an excellent range of evening entertainment venues in the village, from the quirky Bar Gyu with its exceptional range of rare Japanese whiskies, to live music and late-night DJ sets at Wild Bill’s.
After a long day in the great outdoors, there’s no better way to relax than soaking those tired muscles in one of the many thermal spas or ‘onsen’. Chalet Kita Kitsune is close to both Hotel Hirafutei Onsen and Hotel Alpen Onsen – renowned for their beautiful facilities and excellent rejuvenation treatments.
The chalet is also a ten-minute walk or a short drive from the Grand Hirafu ski gondola which gives you access to some of the area’s steepest slopes and also caters well to beginners. Simply call one of our on-call drivers to drive you there in the morning and pick you up again in the afternoon.
Things to do
Our Concierge team is on-hand to give you all the local information you need. They can also make restaurant reservations for you or help rent sports equipment as well as arrange ski lift passes. With our competent team at your service, leave all your worries behind. Though the area has a plethora of activities, here are our top choices for things to do in Niseko, regardless of the season you visit:All year round
- The village of Hirafu is at the centre of a flourishing food scene, so you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to dining out. Nothing but the best Kobe beef is served at Steak Rosso Rosso and if you prefer seafood, we suggest trying out some of Hokkaido's freshest catch at Ezo's.
- For a bespoke elevated dining experience, Niseko Gourmet can arrange for a special meal to be cooked in your own chalet by one of Japan’s finest chefs. From a traditional sushi bar to an intimate sukiyaki meal, this is indulgence to the next level. Gourmet food delivery and grocery shopping are also offered in case you prefer to self-cater.
- Hirafu has steadily built a reputation as one of Hokkaido's prime health and wellness resorts. Relax those sore muscles in Hotel Niseko Alpen's volcanic hot spring (or 'onsen') – a popular choice due to its stunning mountain views, 25-metre pool and high-tech infrared light stone sauna. Japanese custom requires that you enter the gender-specific onsen without any clothes on, not even a swimsuit.
- For discerning diners, Hirafu has not one but two Michelin-star restaurants – Kamimura and Ichimura– both serving exceptionally fine Japanese fare.
- For a night out around town, we suggest sampling rare Japanese whiskies at Bar Gyu or the vast selection of Japanese craft beers at Mick's. If you still have energy left, be sure to check out Wild Bill's for live music and late-night DJ sets.
- Explore some of the area's local museums on a rainy afternoon. The architecturally striking Shu Ogawara Museum of Art in nearby Kutchan is an ode to one of Hokkaido's most famous painters. With its display of colourful art pieces by the artist himself, as well as its seasonal exhibits and regular classical concerts, it is well-worth a visit any time of the year. Located right opposite the Museum of Art is the Kutchan Natural History Museum which hosts fascinating exhibits about the local fauna and the area's rich local history.
- Hokkaido has many festivals around the year and it is a great way to immerse yourself in the culture of the country. From Jaga Matsuri to Niseko Fireworks Festival, there’s plenty to choose from. Make sure you check the festival calendar for your vacation dates.
- The property is located one kilometre from the Grand Hirafu Gondola which gives you access to some of the area's steepest slopes, as well as some great beginner runs. A complimentary shuttle service is offered during winter from your doorstep to the gondola. From the gondola, there are other free shuttle buses that will take you to any of the other Niseko resorts.
- Whether you're a first-timer trying to familiarise yourself with a pair of skis or an accomplished snowboarder trying to perfect your turns, the Niseko Grand Hirafu Snow School has a wide range of lessons and programmes available which cater to all levels.
- Driving a snow mobile is an exhilarating way to explore Hirafu's incredible scenery. From adventurous guided tours speeding down forested trails, to skidding along the snow on a banana boat, there are plenty of options available for safe and exciting family fun.
- Kids love tobogganning and tubing down the slopes. Indulge them at Kids Land Annupuri, Niseko Kids at Niseko Village or Hirafu Alpen Kids Park and Zoo, which also has a mini-zoo with penguins, rabbits and llamas.
- For those slightly more adventurous we can recommend Niseko's specialist mountain guides. Highly trained in rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering and off-piste skiing, their incredible knowledge and understanding of the local terrain will provide you with an unforgettable experience of the area's wild backcountry in the safest possible way.
- Regularly hosting Japan's largest cycling race – the 'Tour de Hokkaido' – Hirafu is a much-loved cycling destination thanks to its stunning landscape, comfortable summers, excellent cycling facilities and wide variety of cycling trails which cater to all skill levels.
- Come spring, the snowmelt raises the water levels of the Shiribetsu River by almost two metres, making it ideal for white water rafting. A 12 km-long course runs from Hirafu Station to Niseko Station across Japan's cleanest river. Although it will take you past a number of exciting challenges, the course is easy enough to navigate while enjoying the valley's stunning beauty.
- With its elevated rope courses, zip-lines, free-fall platforms, bouncy slides and horse rides, the recreational park PURE provides a wonderful day-out for children and adults of all ages.
- The 18-hole, 73 par Niseko Village Golf Course is considered the jewel in the crown of Hokkaido's golf scene, thanks to its excellent facilities and the area's dry and pleasant summers. With the photogenic Mount Yotei in the background, we really can't think of a better place for practicing your shots or improving your handicap.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (3)
AKIHIRO S, Japan, 18-Jul-2020 - 19-Jul-2020The perfect accommodation for our group of 8 people. Niseko is very nice in the summer time. We enjoyed BBQ'ing and enjoying a drink on the deck. Kita Kitsune was very private and comfortable. Thank you.
John B, Canada, 12-Feb-2020 - 16-Feb-2020The fellas from Canada had a fantastic stay here - awesome house and great location!
Laura J, United States, 28-Jan-2020 - 03-Feb-2020Great place to stay in lower Hirafu!
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions