The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Fabulously located right in the middle of Niseko’s buzzing Hirafu Village, four-bedroom Momiji Lodge sets the scene for quintessential luxury ski vacations, and memorable year-round mountain escapes. Three stylish levels accommodate up to 10 people and provide ample space for extended families and groups of friends to spread out in absolute comfort.
An original chalet lovingly restored to its former glory, Momiji maintains its authentic mountain character, but is resplendent with modern luxuries. Think heated floors, double glazing, flat-screen TVs and bedrooms with individually controlled heating. The lodge was one of the first accommodation houses built in Hirafu but was immaculately refurbished in 2012, retaining its characteristic features such as wooden floors, original skylights and a Japanese bath, while updating it with classy modern touches and facilities. The result is a sophisticated holiday home where sunlight pours through the windows and skylights of the open-plan living area. The chalet also has its own large, indoor onsen-style granite bath, ideal for soaking weary bones after a day in the mountains, while those looking to experience the outdoor volcanic hot springs that Niseko is famous for, will find plenty to choose from nearby.
Two master bedrooms provide loft-style living, while a bunk room and queen-sized guest room are equally suited for adults or children. The well-equipped kitchen encourages self-catering, but with some of Hirafu’s best restaurants and bars just a stroll away (many reached via heated pavements, so there is no need to worry about sliding on ice), you might be happy not to bother. You can also order gourmet meals through Niseko Gourmet and enjoy exceptional dining experiences in your own chalet. Momiji Lodge includes an on-call driver for short trips around Hirafu (winter only).
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Located on Japan’s mountainous northern island, Hokkaido, Hirafu is one of Niseko’s four separate but interconnected ski resorts and has earned a reputation for its cosmopolitan vibe and world-class dining.
Momiji Lodge is as central as it comes – in the middle of Momiji Zaka Street in the centre of Hirafu Middle Village. Ski lifts are about five to 10 minutes walk, and within three minutes walk are 10 of Hirafu’s best bars and restaurants, including Michelin-star Kamimura, the Barn and Ezo Seafood. Those looking for more casual eats are just a hop, skip and jump away from Rin Japanese Restaurant and Niseko’s Yummy Pizza. And when it comes to bars, there’s no going past the huge selection of craft beers at Mick's, and late night DJ sets at Wild Bill’s.
There’s not much you can’t reach by short walk, but if you ever do need a lift, the free village shuttle bus stop is just 20m from the door and our on-call driver service is available daily from 8am - 6pm (winter-only) to ferry you within the village.
At the end of an exhilarating day on the mountains, relax with a long, reviving soak at one of Niseko’s many outdoor thermal spas or ‘onsen’. Momiji Lodge is close to both Hotel Hirafutei Onsen and Hotel Alpen Onsen – both renowned for their beautiful facilities and excellent rejuvenation treatments.More information for Things to do
Our Concierge team is on-hand to give you all the local information you need. They can also make restaurant reservations for you or help rent sports equipment as well as arrange ski lift passes. With our competent team at your service, leave all your worries behind. Though the area has a plethora of activities, here are our top choices for things to do in Niseko, regardless of the season you visit:
All year round
- Hokkaido’s produce is renowned throughout the world and thus it is no wonder that Niseko has a thriving food scene. Meat lovers will appreciate the rare Kobe beef at Steak Rosso Rosso, and if you prefer seafood, we suggest trying out some of Hokkaido’s freshest catch at Ezo’s. A visit to one of Hirafu's two most famous restaurants – Kamimura and Ichimura, both serving exceptional fine Japanese dining, should also be on your checklist.
- For a bespoke elevated dining experience, Niseko Gourmet can arrange for a special meal to be cooked in your own chalet by one of Japan’s finest chefs. From a traditional sushi bar to an intimate sukiyaki meal, this is indulgence to the next level. Gourmet food delivery and grocery shopping are also offered in case you prefer to self-cater.
- Hirafu has steadily built a reputation as one of Hokkaido's prime health and wellness resorts. Relax those sore muscles in Hotel Niseko Alpen's volcanic hot spring (or 'onsen') – a popular choice due to its stunning mountain views, 25-metre pool and high-tech infrared light stone sauna. Japanese custom requires that you enter the gender-specific onsen without any clothes on, not even a swimsuit.
- For a night out around town, we suggest sampling rare Japanese whiskies at Bar Gyu or the vast selection of Japanese craft beers at Mick's. If you still have energy left, be sure to check out Wild Bill's for live music and late-night DJ sets.
- Explore some of the area's local museums on a rainy afternoon. The architecturally striking Shu Ogawara Museum of Art in nearby Kutchan is an ode to one of Hokkaido's most famous painters. With its display of colourful art pieces by the artist himself, as well as its seasonal exhibits and regular classical concerts, it is well-worth a visit any time of the year. Located right opposite the Museum of Art is the Kutchan Natural History Museum which hosts fascinating exhibits about the local fauna and the area's rich local history.
- Hokkaido has many festivals around the year and it is a great way to immerse yourself in the culture of the country. From Jaga Matsuri to Niseko Fireworks Festival, there’s plenty to choose from. Make sure you check the festival calendar for your vacation dates.
- The property is located one kilometre from the Grand Hirafu Gondola which gives you access to some of the area's steepest slopes, as well as some great beginner runs. A complimentary shuttle service is offered during winter from your doorstep to the gondola. From the gondola, there are other free shuttle buses that will take you to any of the other Niseko resorts.
- Whether you're a first-timer trying to familiarise yourself with a pair of skis or an accomplished snowboarder trying to perfect your turns, the Niseko Grand Hirafu Snow School has a wide range of lessons and programmes available which cater to all levels.
- Driving a snow mobile is an exhilarating way to explore Hirafu's incredible scenery. From adventurous guided tours speeding down forested trails, to skidding along the snow on a banana boat, there are plenty of options available for safe and exciting family fun.
- Kids love tobogganning and tubing down the slopes. Indulge them at Kids Land Annupuri, Niseko Kids at Niseko Village or Hirafu Alpen Kids Park and Zoo, which also has a mini-zoo with penguins, rabbits and llamas.
- For those slightly more adventurous we can recommend Niseko's specialist mountain guides. Highly trained in rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering and off-piste skiing, their incredible knowledge and understanding of the local terrain will provide you with an unforgettable experience of the area's wild backcountry in the safest possible way.
- Regularly hosting Japan's largest cycling race – the 'Tour de Hokkaido' – Hirafu is a much-loved cycling destination thanks to its stunning landscape, comfortable summers, excellent cycling facilities and wide variety of cycling trails which cater to all skill levels.
- Come spring, the snowmelt raises the water levels of the Shiribetsu River by almost two metres, making it ideal for white water rafting. A 12 km-long course runs from Hirafu Station to Niseko Station across Japan's cleanest river. Although it will take you past a number of exciting challenges, the course is easy enough to navigate while enjoying the valley's stunning beauty.
- With its elevated rope courses, zip-lines, free-fall platforms, bouncy slides and horse rides, the recreational park PURE provides a wonderful day-out for children and adults of all ages.
- The 18-hole, 73 par Niseko Village Golf Course is considered the jewel in the crown of Hokkaido's golf scene, thanks to its excellent facilities and the area's dry and pleasant summers. With the photogenic Mount Yotei in the background, we really can't think of a better place for practicing your shots or improving your handicap.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
Shake off the stress of holiday planning. Let the Elite Concierge take care of all your bookings and arrangements, from transport, tours and restaurant reservations, to any special requests for your arrival. We’re here to make your holiday experience extraordinary.
This chalet features:
- Three levels of stylish contemporary living with mountain and village views
- Open-plan kitchen, lounge and dining area with high wood-beam ceilings
- Expansive sitting area with comfortable sofas
- Onsen-style granite bath with cedar walls, two showers and a changing area
- Fully equipped modern kitchen
- Dining table that seats 12 people
- Double glazing and individually controlled heating in each bedroom
- A total of three bathrooms, two ensuite and one shared bathroom with three sinks, two separate toilets, an onsen-style grantite bath and two shower areas
- Two WiFi enabled flat-screen TVs fitted with Apple TV
- Selection of books and board games
- Secure dry room for clothes and jackets
- On-call driver to and from Hirafu village locations and Grand Hirafu ski gondola (winter only)
- Momiji Lodge sleeps up to 10 guests
- Two spacious loft-style master bedrooms have split king-size beds, a sitting area and ensuite bathrooms with showers
- The guest bedroom has a split queen-size bed
- The bunk room (‘The Bunker’ as it is known) is the ultimate Kids’ Retreat, accommodating tall young adults too. The beds are 2.1m long * 1m wide
- The Bunker is equipped with bean bags, WiFi, a flat-screen TV and Apple TV. Each bed is fitted with a reading light and a charging station
Each elite haven in Niseko is self-catering. With a gorgeous fully equipped modern kitchen at your disposal, you will be tempted to stir up your favourite dishes or perhaps something for the little ones. Our partner, Niseko Gourmet offers provisioning services wherein handpicked Hokkaido produce will be brought to your doorstep, along with all the groceries you need.
However, a day on the slopes can get tiring. If you’re not in the mood to cook, why not order in a gourmet meal? Choose from Niseko Gourmet’s tempting menu and enjoy delicious food in the comfort of your living room. For an indulgent experience, ask our Concierge to set up a Niseko Gourmet dinner in your chalet. Sit back and relax as a master chef cooks up a storm within your holiday home and serves you delectable meals including a live display of handmade sushi or an intimate sashimi, tempura & soba noodle experience. Extravagant five or seven-course dinners for adults and two-course dinners for children can also be prepared.
If you feel like heading out, you’ll be spoilt for choice with some of the best restaurants in the area a stone’s throw away. Niseko has a flourishing food scene, with exciting bars, smart eateries and even some fabulous food trucks for a quick bite. Our Concierge will be happy to offer guidance about the best places to eat around your chalet, depending on your personal preferences. They can also make reservations on your behalf, if availability permits.Visit Niseko Gourmet
A group of us from Melbourne Australia planned this trip in 2019. Four years later and here we are! Thank you for having us Momiji.01-Feb-2023 - 07-Feb-2023 Julian W
Thank you Momiji, your cabin provided us with all our need perfect for any skiing holiday. Cheers, Aussies20-Jan-2023 - 01-Feb-2023 Karen H
Thank you! We had a wonderful stay! Love26-Dec-2022 - 02-Jan-2023 Kristoffer U
Thank you for a splendid pre-Christmas stay. Momiji Lodge absolutely lives up to our expectations and your hospitality was outstanding as always.13-Dec-2022 - 26-Dec-2022 Justin F
Great house for our group. Very clean and friendly host. Thank you for having us.02-May-2020 - 03-May-2020 Yuto A
We had a perfect stay at the lodge. The house was very well designed and maintained, and the on-the-ground Elite Havens staff was very helpful. It is in a perfect location in Hirafu, and having access to the on-demand shuttle made getting to and from the slopes a total breeze. We’d love to stay again. Thanks!02-Feb-2020 - 08-Feb-2020 Andrew V
Thank you for all your efforts in getting papered in Momiji Lodge this winter season. You guys and the whole EH team have done a fantastic job. The pick up drivers are incredibly professional, well trained and please pass our thanks to them as well. I have already recommended you guys to a number of ski lovers.14-Dec-2019 - 24-Dec-2019 Justin F
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service