The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Fabulously located right in the middle of Niseko’s buzzing Hirafu Village, four-bedroom Momiji Lodge sets the scene for quintessential luxury ski vacations, and memorable year-round mountain escapes. Three stylish levels accommodate up to 12 people and provide ample space for extended families and groups of friends to spread out in absolute comfort.
An original chalet lovingly restored to its former glory, Momiji maintains its authentic mountain character, but is resplendent with modern luxuries. Think heated floors, double glazing, flat-screen TVs and bedrooms with individually controlled heating. The lodge was one of the first accommodation houses built in Hirafu but was immaculately refurbished in 2012, retaining its characteristic features such as wooden floors, original skylights and a Japanese bath, while updating it with classy modern touches and facilities. The result is a sophisticated holiday home where sunlight pours through the windows and skylights of the open-plan living area. The chalet also has its own large, indoor onsen-style granite bath, ideal for soaking weary bones after a day in the mountains, while those looking to experience the outdoor volcanic hot springs that Niseko is famous for, will find plenty to choose from nearby.
Two master bedrooms provide loft-style living, while a six-bedded bunk room and queen-sized guest room are equally suited for adults or children. The well-equipped kitchen encourages self-catering, but with some of Hirafu’s best restaurants and bars just a stroll away (many reached via heated pavements, so there is no need to worry about sliding on ice), you might be happy not to bother. You can also order gourmet meals through Niseko Gourmet and enjoy exceptional dining experiences in your own chalet. Momiji Lodge includes daily housekeeping from Monday to Saturday and an on-call driver for short trips around Hirafu (winter only).
Centrally located in Hirafu Village
Close to restaurants and bars
Bunk bedroom sleeping six
Refurbished, yet authentic
"Great house for our group. Very clean and friendly host. Thank you for having us."
Real time availability
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Enjoy up to 15% off on all stays from now until 30 September 2020.
We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current Covid-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund of the amount paid or a credit for the amount paid that can be used within 12 months of your check-in date, in the same chalet, subject to availability, valid for new bookings received from 19 February 2020 onwards. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms & conditions:
- Discounts valid only for new bookings received from 19 February 2020, and for stays before 30 September 2020
- Guaranteed refund or credit conditions apply at the time of booking
Early Bird Discount Rate
Early Bird Discount Rate
Enjoy 10% discount for bookings confirmed from now until 31st August 2020, for stays between 14th December 2020 and 31st March 2021.
|Period||Price per night (USD)||Min stay||Inclusions|
|14-Apr-2020 to 22-Nov-2020||518 +||1 night|
|23-Nov-2020 to 13-Dec-2020||684 +||2 nights|
|14-Dec-2020 to 20-Dec-2020||977 +||4 nights|
|21-Dec-2020 to 05-Jan-2021||1,465 +||7 nights|
This chalet features:
- Three levels of stylish contemporary living with mountain and village views
- Open-plan kitchen, lounge and dining area with high wood-beam ceilings
- Expansive sitting area with comfortable sofas
- Onsen-style granite bath with cedar walls, two showers and a changing area
- Fully equipped modern kitchen
- Dining table that seats 12 people
- Double glazing and individually controlled heating in each bedroom
- A total of three bathrooms, two ensuite and one shared bathroom with three sinks, two separate toilets, an onsen-style grantite bath and two shower areas
- Two WiFi enabled flat-screen TVs fitted with Apple TV
- Selection of books and board games
- Secure dry room for clothes and jackets
- On-call driver to and from Hirafu village locations and Grand Hirafu ski gondola (winter only)
- Momiji Lodge sleeps up to 12 guests
- Two spacious loft-style master bedrooms have split king-size beds, a sitting area and ensuite bathrooms with showers
- The guest bedroom has a split queen-size bed
- The bunk room (‘The Bunker’ as it is known) is the ultimate Kids’ Retreat, accommodating tall young adults too. The beds are 2.1m long * 1m wide
- The Bunker is equipped with bean bags, WiFi, a flat-screen TV and Apple TV. Each bed is fitted with a reading light and a charging station
Located on Japan’s mountainous northern island, Hokkaido, Hirafu is one of Niseko’s four separate but interconnected ski resorts and has earned a reputation for its cosmopolitan vibe and world-class dining.
Momiji Lodge is as central as it comes – in the middle of Momiji Zaka Street in the centre of Hirafu Middle Village. Ski lifts are about five to 10 minutes walk, and within three minutes walk are 10 of Hirafu’s best bars and restaurants, including Michelin-star Kamimura, the Barn and Ezo Seafood. Those looking for more casual eats are just a hop, skip and jump away from Rin Japanese Restaurant and Niseko’s Yummy Pizza. And when it comes to bars, there’s no going past the huge selection of craft beers at Mick's, and late night DJ sets at Wild Bill’s.
There’s not much you can’t reach by short walk, but if you ever do need a lift, the free village shuttle bus stop is just 20m from the door and our on-call driver service is available daily from 8am - 6pm (winter-only) to ferry you within the village.
At the end of an exhilarating day on the mountains, relax with a long, reviving soak at one of Niseko’s many outdoor thermal spas or ‘onsen’. Momiji Lodge is close to both Hotel Hirafutei Onsen and Hotel Alpen Onsen – both renowned for their beautiful facilities and excellent rejuvenation treatments.
Things to do
Our Concierge team is on-hand to give you all the local information you need. They can also make restaurant reservations for you or help rent sports equipment as well as arrange ski lift passes. With our competent team at your service, leave all your worries behind. Though the area has a plethora of activities, here are our top choices for things to do in Niseko, regardless of the season you visit:
All year round
- The village of Hirafu is at the centre of a flourishing food scene, so you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to dining out. Nothing but the best Kobe beef is served at Steak Rosso Rosso and if you prefer seafood, we suggest trying out some of Hokkaido's freshest catch at Ezo's.
- For a bespoke elevated dining experience, Niseko Gourmet can arrange for a special meal to be cooked in your own chalet by one of Japan’s finest chefs. From a traditional sushi bar to an intimate sukiyaki meal, this is indulgence to the next level. Gourmet food delivery and grocery shopping are also offered in case you prefer to self-cater.
- Hirafu has steadily built a reputation as one of Hokkaido's prime health and wellness resorts. Relax those sore muscles in Hotel Niseko Alpen's volcanic hot spring (or 'onsen') – a popular choice due to its stunning mountain views, 25-metre pool and high-tech infrared light stone sauna. Japanese custom requires that you enter the gender-specific onsen without any clothes on, not even a swimsuit.
- For discerning diners, Hirafu has not one but two Michelin-star restaurants – Kamimura and Ichimura – both serving exceptionally fine Japanese fare.
- For a night out around town, we suggest sampling rare Japanese whiskies at Bar Gyu or the vast selection of Japanese craft beers at Mick's. If you still have energy left, be sure to check out Wild Bill's for live music and late-night DJ sets.
- Explore some of the area's local museums on a rainy afternoon. The architecturally striking Shu Ogawara Museum of Art in nearby Kutchan is an ode to one of Hokkaido's most famous painters. With its display of colourful art pieces by the artist himself, as well as its seasonal exhibits and regular classical concerts, it is well-worth a visit any time of the year. Located right opposite the Museum of Art is the Kutchan Natural History Museum which hosts fascinating exhibits about the local fauna and the area's rich local history.
- Hokkaido has many festivals around the year and it is a great way to immerse yourself in the culture of the country. From Jaga Matsuri to Niseko Fireworks Festival, there’s plenty to choose from. Make sure you check the festival calendar for your vacation dates.
- The property is located one kilometre from the Grand Hirafu Gondola which gives you access to some of the area's steepest slopes, as well as some great beginner runs. A complimentary shuttle service is offered during winter from your doorstep to the gondola. From the gondola, there are other free shuttle buses that will take you to any of the other Niseko resorts.
- Whether you're a first-timer trying to familiarise yourself with a pair of skis or an accomplished snowboarder trying to perfect your turns, the Niseko Grand Hirafu Snow School has a wide range of lessons and programmes available which cater to all levels.
- Driving a snow mobile is an exhilarating way to explore Hirafu's incredible scenery. From adventurous guided tours speeding down forested trails, to skidding along the snow on a banana boat, there are plenty of options available for safe and exciting family fun.
- Kids love tobogganning and tubing down the slopes. Indulge them at Kids Land Annupuri, Niseko Kids at Niseko Village or Hirafu Alpen Kids Park and Zoo, which also has a mini-zoo with penguins, rabbits and llamas.
- For those slightly more adventurous we can recommend Niseko's specialist mountain guides. Highly trained in rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering and off-piste skiing, their incredible knowledge and understanding of the local terrain will provide you with an unforgettable experience of the area's wild backcountry in the safest possible way.
- Regularly hosting Japan's largest cycling race – the 'Tour de Hokkaido' – Hirafu is a much-loved cycling destination thanks to its stunning landscape, comfortable summers, excellent cycling facilities and wide variety of cycling trails which cater to all skill levels.
- Come spring, the snowmelt raises the water levels of the Shiribetsu River by almost two metres, making it ideal for white water rafting. A 12 km-long course runs from Hirafu Station to Niseko Station across Japan's cleanest river. Although it will take you past a number of exciting challenges, the course is easy enough to navigate while enjoying the valley's stunning beauty.
- With its elevated rope courses, zip-lines, free-fall platforms, bouncy slides and horse rides, the recreational park PURE provides a wonderful day-out for children and adults of all ages.
- The 18-hole, 73 par Niseko Village Golf Course is considered the jewel in the crown of Hokkaido's golf scene, thanks to its excellent facilities and the area's dry and pleasant summers. With the photogenic Mount Yotei in the background, we really can't think of a better place for practicing your shots or improving your handicap.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (3)
Yuto A, Japan, 02-May-2020 - 03-May-2020Great house for our group. Very clean and friendly host. Thank you for having us.
Andrew V, Panama, 02-Feb-2020 - 08-Feb-2020We had a perfect stay at the lodge. The house was very well designed and maintained, and the on-the-ground Elite Havens staff was very helpful. It is in a perfect location in Hirafu, and having access to the on-demand shuttle made getting to and from the slopes a total breeze. We’d love to stay again. Thanks!
Justin F, Australia, 14-Dec-2019 - 24-Dec-2019Thank you for all your efforts in getting papered in Momiji Lodge this winter season. You guys and the whole EH team have done a fantastic job. The pick up drivers are incredibly professional, well trained and please pass our thanks to them as well. I have already recommended you guys to a number of ski lovers.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions