The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Although built to withstand the area’s cold, snowy winters in the most environmentally sustainable way, the sumptuous four-bedroom Chalet Mizunara is a wonderful mountain oasis any time of the year.
The clever combination of concrete walls with oak wood flooring, exposed brick walls, modern minimalist furniture and warm soft lighting creates a very chic and sophisticated vibe throughout.
Chalet Mizunara comfortably sleeps ten people. The two master bedrooms upstairs are furnished with split king-size beds and ensuite bathrooms with a shower and bathtub.
The ground floor incorporates a guest bedroom with a queen-size bed and an additional bedroom with bunk beds – handy if you’re traveling with a larger group or if you have adventurous children. Both bedrooms share a spacious bathroom fitted with a shower and a bathtub.
The kitchen and living areas are generous enough to accommodate a group of ten, while the chalet’s innovative architecture, split-level design and floor-to-ceiling windows encourage a genuine sense of personal space and a ‘Zen’-like atmosphere – especially against the spectacular backdrop of Mount Yotei.
Situated in Hirafu’s lower village, the chalet is only a few minutes’ walk from most of the area’s restaurants and bars, as well as the Grand Hirafu ski gondola.
Exuding designer chic and modern grandeur, Chalet Mizunara would perfectly fit a family or a group of friends looking to experience the best of what Hirafu has to offer, surrounded by swish luxury – come winter or summer.
Stunning exterior and interior
Great for kids and young adults
Comfortably sleeps ten people
"Great place for weekend trip. Very quiet and lovely with nice view of Mt Yotei. Thank you for hosting us."
Rates and availability
Last Minute Winter Offer
Last Minute Winter OfferDream of stunning vistas, incredible mountain ranges and magnificent countryside. Hit the powdery slopes of Niseko and celebrate the festive season in the safety of your private chalet. Enjoy 15% off for bookings received from 1 December 2020 until 13 April 2021, for stays between 14 December 2020 and 13 April 2021.
Terms and conditions:- Discounts valid only for new bookings received from 1 December 2020 until 13 April 2021- Valid for stays between 14 December 2020 and 13 April 2021- Guaranteed refund or credit conditions apply at the time of booking
Experience a Blooming Summer in Hokkaido
Experience a Blooming Summer in Hokkaido
As much as Niseko is known for its soft, powder white snow, it is in summer that it truly displays its blooming, mesmerising self. From white-water rafting in Shiribetsu River to hiking through a myriad of mountain trails, summer in Niseko has plenty to do for the entire family. Embark on thrilling adventures or soak in the Hokkaido experience when you stay at our enchanting private chalets. Save 15% on new bookings made from now until 30 June 2021, for stays from 14 April until 22 November 2021.
Terms and conditions:- Discounts valid only for new bookings received from now until 30 June 2021- Valid on stays from 14 April until 22 November 2021- Guaranteed refund or credit conditions apply at the time of booking- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers
Early Bird Winter Promo
Early Bird Winter Promo
Experience Niseko’s famed powder snow as you ski down its myriad slopes or enjoy the stunning backcountry surrounds. Enjoy seclusion, comfort and convenience, and make unforgettable memories when you stay at one of our private villas in Niseko. Book early and get 15% off on chalet rates for stays from 23 November 2021 until 13 April 2022, for bookings received from now until 30 June 2021.
Terms and conditions:- Discounts valid only for new bookings received from now until 30 June 2021- Valid on stays from 23 November 2021 until 13 April 2022- Guaranteed refund or credit conditions apply at the time of booking- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers
Secure dry room; dishwasher; outdoor terrace; barbecue (extra) and gas grill.
This chalet features:
- Environmentally sustainable design with spectacular, uninterrupted views of Mount Yotei
- Two master bedrooms with split king-size beds, flat-screen TVs and ensuite bathrooms with rain shower and bathtub
- One queen-size guest bedroom with flat-screen TV
- One guest bedroom with six bunk beds and flat-screen TV
- Second bathroom with rain shower and bathtub shared between the two guest bedrooms
- Fully-equipped open-plan kitchen with large kitchen island
- Solid stone dining table that seats twelve people
- Split-level dining area and lounge with oak flooring throughout
- Additional seating area with gas fireplace
- 60-inch flat-screen TV and Apple TV
- Bose surround sound system
- Secure and heated dry room for skis and other outdoor equipment
- Barbecue and gas grill
- Outdoor parking available for one car
- Daily housekeeper from Monday to Saturday
- On-call driver to and from locations in the village and the Grand Hirafu ski gondola
- Two ensuite master bedrooms with king-size beds convertible to twin beds
- A spacious guest bedroom with queen-size bed
- A spacious bunk room can sleep up to 4 guests equipped with a 32-inch TV and PS4
- Sleeps up to 10 guests. Extra charges shall apply in excess of 10 pax.
Located on Japan’s northern island of Hokkaido and overlooking the active volcano of Mount Yotei – a smaller version of Mount Fuji – Hirafu, one of Niseko’s four separate but interconnected ski resorts, is blessed with some of the driest, lightest and most abundant snows on Earth.
Despite an average yearly snowfall of 15 metres, Hirafu also enjoys comfortable summers. Its untamed volcanic landscape, excellent hiking trails and increasing reputation as a wellness haven, make it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts all year-round.
Chalet Mizunara is conveniently located in Hirafu’s lower village close to many of its popular restaurants and entertainment venues. It is a mere ten-minute walk from the Grand Hirafu Ski Gondola.
An on-call driver will be happy to drive you to and from the gondola and any other locations within Hirafu village. There are also free shuttle buses that will take you to any of the other Niseko resorts.
Things to do
Our Concierge team is always on hand to provide you information about all the places of interest in Hirafu and the wider Niseko area. They can also assist in equipment rental, transport arrangement and other requests that you may have. Do ask them about the closest ‘onsen’ you should visit, it is the best way to immerse yourself in Japanese culture. Whether you visit Niseko for its powder snow or to appreciate the blooming valley in summer, here are some of our favourite things to do in the region:All year-round
- Hokkaido’s produce is renowned throughout the world and thus it is no wonder that Niseko has a thriving food scene. Meat lovers will appreciate the rare Kobe beef at Steak Rosso Rosso, and if you prefer seafood, we suggest trying out some of Hokkaido’s freshest catch at Ezo’s. Hirafu has not one but two Michelin-star restaurants – Kamimura and Ichimura, both serving exceptional fine Japanese dining.
- Japan’s volcanic hot springs or ‘onsen’ not only soothe your aching muscles after a long day, but they are also known for their health and wellness benefits. Ask the Concierge team for the best onsen in the region and also some of the dos and don’ts in terms of attire and behaviour.
- There are several art galleries in Niseko which are definitely worth a visit. Kiyoe gallery in Hirafu village showcases some of Hokkaido best artists, while Somoza gallery in nearby Hanazono also offers a beautiful place in which to relax. Our favourite remains Galerie Ram in Niseko Village, with its exciting collection of steel sculpture and woodwork. Inside the gallery, you’ll also find ‘La Cave’, a cellar with a great selection of imported wines. Now you understand why we love it, don’t you?
- A little further afield, we can recommend a daytrip to the attractive seaside city of Otaru any time of the year. Less than two hours away by car from Hirafu, it is best-known for its hairy crab and seafood delicatessen, fish markets and historic buildings.
- For a more urban experience, you can also visit Sapporo, Hokkaido’s capital and central transportation hub. As a relatively recent city, it somewhat lacks the alluring architecture you might find in other Japanese cities. Yet, Sapporo is a vibrant and pleasant metropolitan with lovely tree-lined boulevards, excellent shopping and varied cultural activities, including the world-famous annual snow sculpture competition in February.
- Experience some of the typically Japanese matsuri festivals any time of the year. The ‘Potato Festival’ in nearby Kutchan town and the Niseko Fireworks Festival are two of our favourites.
Known for its ‘champagne powder’, unparalleled infrastructure, sophisticated dining and varied nightlife, Hirafu has been the driving force behind Niseko’s stellar rise as one of the world’s most phenomenal ski areas. With an average snowfall of 15 metres, Hirafu is known as the world’s second snowiest ski resort with flakes so large that locals jokingly refer to them as ‘chicken feathers’. Here’s how to make most of your winter holiday:
- Chalet Mizunara is only one kilometre away from the Grand Hirafu Gondola which provides access to some of the area’s steepest slopes, as well as several great runs for beginners.
- Whether you’re a first-timer trying to familiarise yourself with a pair of skis or an accomplished snowboarder aiming to perfect your turns, the Niseko Grand Hirafu Snow School has a wide range of lessons and programmes available which cater to all levels.
- Part of four interconnected ski resorts, Hirafu and the neighbouring resort of Niseko Village boast of some of the steepest slopes in the region, with those in nearby Hanazono offering slightly easier terrain for beginners. Meanwhile, the Annupuri Resort is well-known for its backcountry gates, popular with accomplished skiers and snowboarders eager to access some of the area’s deep snow on off-piste trails – something we don’t recommend doing without necessary training.
- Whether it is tobogganning or snowmobiling that gets your adrenaline pumping, what better place to slide down the slopes than Niseko? Our Concierge can help rent a snowmobile for your use or guide you on the best places to go to.
From white water rafting on the Shiribetsu river or stand-up paddling at nearby Lake Toya to mountain biking down volcanic slopes or playing golf at the 18-hole Niseko Golf Course, there are plenty of ways to entertain yourself during the warmer months.
- With its elevated rope courses, zip-lines, free-fall platforms, bouncy slides and horse rides, the recreational park PURE provides a wonderful day out for the whole family.
- Come spring, the snowmelt raises the water levels of the Shiribetsu River by almost two metres, making it ideal for white water rafting. A 12 km-long course runs from Hirafu Station to Niseko Station across what is known to be Japan’s cleanest river. Although it will take you past several exciting challenges, the course is easy enough to navigate while enjoying the valley’s stunning beauty.
- The 18-hole, 73 par Niseko Village Golf Course is seen as the jewel in the crown of Hokkaido’s golf scene, thanks to its excellent facilities and the area’s dry and pleasant summer. With the photogenic Mount Yotei in the background, we really can’t think of a better place for practising your shots and improving your handicap.
- Indeed, regularly hosting Japan’s largest cycling race, the ‘Tour de Hokkaido’, Hirafu is a much-loved cycling destination thanks to its stunning landscape, comfortable summers and a massive variety of cycling trails.
- :ooking at its well-developed infrastructure and the sheer number of international visitors, it might be hard to believe that the wider Niseko area was once better known for its potatoes than for its powder. Relive its starchy past by hiring a scooter and driving through some of its vast rice paddies and buckwheat farmlands. Close your eyes and feel the wind in your hair. Be sure to visit one of the many farmers’ markets on the way and sample delicious fresh local produce.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (12)
Suzuki S, Japan, 11-Jul-2020 - 12-Jul-2020Great place for weekend trip. Very quiet and lovely with nice view of Mt Yotei. Thank you for hosting us.
Sato K, Japan, 27-Jun-2020 - 28-Jun-2020The house was beautiful and clean. Thank you to Miyo san for all your help and assistance. It would have been great if we could stay for longer. We will come back.
James M, United States, 04-Mar-2020 - 08-Mar-2020We had the best experience of our lives. Daniel and Alice are the bomb.com! Spacious, cozy, heated floors, amazing showers, and friendly Elit Havens staff. An amazing place. I would definitely recommend.
Samantha V, Australia, 20-Feb-2020 - 26-Feb-2020Absolutely no complaints! The house is sensational and the Elite Havens drivers were always so helpful and friendly. Will come back. We had a fabulous stay from the moment we arrived. So many unexpected pleasures including breakfast provisions and valet service from happy, well informed and obliging staff. The house is so magnificently appointed and is one of the few times that traveling as a large group has been perfectly accommodated. Chairs, glasses, cutlery - everything!
Clara F, United States, 08-Feb-2020 - 13-Feb-2020Beautiful living space with super comfortable bedrooms. The kitchen and dining table is a wonderfully sociable design. The bunk room was especially cozy for the kids. Clean, great service from management and beautiful views. We will be back.
Mia W, Hong Kong, 03-Feb-2020 - 08-Feb-2020Full of light on all days, we loved this house. The service was kind and welcoming. Thank you.
Jane V, India, 02-Jan-2020 - 09-Jan-2020This property was lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There was an Elite Havens shuttle van available to take skiers to the mountain and to assist with other transportation needs. The house is amazing and 12 people can stay together while still having some privacy as the bedrooms are on different floors. The home is modern and up to date with WiFi, large TV, Xbox, plenty of bathrooms, excellent showers, modern and functional kitchen. The property was immaculate and fresh towels were provided every other day. The house is situated in such a way that there was privacy from the road but wonderful mountain views and ample sunlight. It snowed quite a bit during our stay and the large windows provided a wonderful indoor/outdoor experience. There is a combo washer/dryer, a boot room with separate entry for all the clunky ski gear, hooks for coats, hairdryers, ample cleaning supplies (dish soap, dishwasher detergent, laundry powder) and those lovely Japanese heated toilets! All in all, it is a wonder!
Brenda W, Hong Kong, 11-Dec-2019 - 15-Dec-2019Great design, comfortable, big, spacious. Our family of nine absolutely enjoyed the stay here. Looking forward to coming back.
Joey C, Singapore, 02-Dec-2019 - 04-Dec-2019A wonderful apartment with spaces carefully thought out while creating coziness at every corner. Its amenities are as complete as you can imagine - particularly if you intend to cook. The open kitchen area is next to the living area - designed in giving a sense of connection while whipping up a meal in the background. The main bedrooms layout at the top floor are well designed with a deep sunken bath to soak off after a day of activities. If you have young children or traveling alone, I'm confident that you will love the large bunk room. There's also an equipment room where you can access directly from outside of the apartment to store your ski stuff without the need to lug them through the main door. All in all, it had been a superb time spent in the apartment. Highly recommend if you're visiting Niseko.
Zhe C, China, 27-Nov-2019 - 29-Nov-2019It's a very warm and comfortable lovely house. We had a great time here. Definitely the highlight of our trip, thank you.
Haruhiro O, Japan, 29-Apr-2019 - 03-May-2019I would like to comment on how pleased I was with the service provided by the staff at Mizunara.
Mark S, United States, 07-Jan-2019 - 13-Jan-2019Amazing house - fabulously appointed. Brilliant service from Niseko Boutiques (Elite Havens). The snow was superlative and the company exceptional. A great holiday.
Last viewed villas