Pandawa Cliff Estate
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
The Pandawa Cliff Estate is a stunning collection of four exceptional private villas that may be combined to sleep up to 42 guests. Exclusively located high above the ocean on Bali’s southernmost tip, the estate’s emerald lawns, panoramic sea views and 21 bedrooms make this one of Bali’s most sought-after wedding and special events venues. Together, the villas offer six swimming pools, a full sports centre, a spa and multiple living and dining areas. Whether booking two or all four villas, families, groups of friends and those looking to celebrate in style will find Pandawa Cliff Estate hard to beat.
As the estate’s name suggests, the villas are positioned on a cliff-top overlooking the golden sands of Pandawa Beach. This is spectacular, unadulterated Bali at its best: far from the hoi polloi of Seminyak and Kuta, yet less than half an hour’s drive from the airport and many of Bali’s top attractions, including the revered sea temple of Uluwatu and the fine dining establishments of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
Pandawa Cliff Estate’s superbly landscaped cliff-top gardens, extensive decked areas, huge team of professional yet personable staff and purpose-designed guest facilities, not to mention a splendid amphitheatre-style garden space, make this a wedding and special event venue par excellence. The estate also offers a sports centre with full-size tennis court, squash court, gym and spa, as well as a dedicated playroom for the kids.
A skilled private chef heads the estate’s staff kitchen, and the team prepares a wide range of gastronomic delights from a restaurant-style menu. The villas are neatly maintained by a small army of housekeepers, gardeners and pool attendants, and guarded by a team of diligent security staff, while up to three seven-seater cars with drivers are on standby for guests with an urge to explore.
Click on these links to find out more about six-bedroomed The Pala, four-bedroomed Villa Rose, six-bedroomed Villa Marie and five-bedroomed Villa Markisa. Or visit the Pandawa Estate website to see how the villas can be combined to meet your holiday requirements.
Stunning ocean views
Event venue extraordinaire
Choice of 6 swimming pools
Glamorous sea-view bedrooms
Sports centre, playroom and spa
Real time availability
- The villas are set amidst an extensive estate, and each has its own individual entrance within this secure compound.
- The lawns of The Pala, Villa Markisa and Villa Rose connect via discreet garden gate which open up the event space between the villas.
- Spacious, elegantly furnished living and dining areas in all villas, some of which may be closed off and air-conditioned.
- Separate TV lounges or dedicated TV areas in each villa.
- Well-equipped kids’ playroom.
- Sports Centre with a equipped gym, squash court and adjacent tennis court, and ocean-view spa with full facilities, plus a private spa room in The Pala.
- Six swimming pools measuring between 16 and 20 metres, two of which have toddler-friendly shallow areas.
- Pool decks with sun loungers and parasols.
- Relaxation/sunset balés in lush tropical gardens.
- Alfresco wining and dining areas, and a barbecue pavilion.
- Cliff-top amphitheatre area for weddings and events.
- 6-bedroom The Pala has three king-bedded rooms and three rooms with split-king beds.
- 6-bedroom Villa Marie has four king-bedded rooms and two twin rooms.
- 4-bedroom Villa Rose has two king-bedded rooms and two twin rooms.
- 5-bedroom Villa Markisa has five king-bedded rooms (opens on September 2016)
- Some bedrooms have day beds or are attached to anterooms, which double up as private lounges or as a bedroom to sleep additional children.
- Rooms are air conditioned.
- Ensuite bathrooms have glassed-in showers and most include bathtubs.
Peacefully and privately situated at the end of a winding country lane on Bali’s southernmost tip, Pandawa Cliff Estate is a hidden paradise overlooking the Indian Ocean from its enchanting cliff-top setting.
Apart from a handful of other luxury villas sprinkling the top of the cliff, and the beach huts and local cafés bordering the white sands of Pandawa Beach far below (named after the five warrior brothers of the Mahabharata epic, whose white stone statues are carved into niches along the road leading down to the beach), there is little development in this unspoiled corner of Bali. But despite it’s tranquil, rural setting, Pandawa Cliff Estate is less than 30 minutes’ drive from Bali’s international airport, and within easy reach of several glorious surf beaches, the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, and the many restaurants and beach bars of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
Things to do
Your villa manager, will have a wealth of information about places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the area too. Most will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Pandawa Cliff Estate.
- Until recently, the white sands and warm, protected waters of Pandawa Beach were visited only by locals and seaweed farmers. A paved (toll) road cut through the cliff has recently made this beautiful beach, which lies immediately below the estate, much more accessible.
- Among other local beaches is the famous surf beach at Uluwatu. Not quite as spectacular but equally alluring are the beaches of Bingin and Padang Padang. Beautiful white sand bays with rock pools and a host of local cafes.
- At Jenggala Keramic in Jimbaran, visitors can browse and buy from a vast range of handcrafted ceramics and glassware. Jenggala also runs ‘Make and Paint a Pot’ sessions where ‘Children’ of all ages are encouraged to get creative.
- For golf enthusiasts, the New Kuta Golf Club (11km) features an 18-hole course overlooking the ocean.
- Both five star and local restaurants are plentiful and close by. Bulgari and Ayana resorts are among the favourites and the Rock Bar at Ayana is a must-see for sunset cocktails. Finns at Semara has a beach club for more casual dining.
- A seafood feast at Jimbaran is a must for every holiday in Bali – dozens of seafood warung (cafés) line this west-facing beach, perfect for a sunset dinner.Fine dining options are available at most of the big resort hotels in this area; notably PJ’s, the charming beachside restaurant at the Four Seasons in Jimbaran, serving Mediterranean-styled cuisine. And Balique on Jalan Uluwatu in Jimbaran, is a delightful vintedge restaurant serving great food and cool cocktails.
- Nusa Dua’s Bali Collection mall has a host of local boutiques and a department store. Heading towards Kuta (about 40 minutes) brings you to Galleria shopping mall while nearby Tuban has Discovery Mall and streets lined with local shops. Seminyak boutiques are about an hour away.
- Uluwatu’s cliff-top temple is well worth a visit. Home to mischievous monkeys which are considered sacred in Bali, Pura Luhur Uluwatu is one of the island’s most important temples. Get there in good time for Sunset to watch the enthralling Kecak Ramayana & Fire Dance.
- Learn to surf or stand up paddle at Jimbaran Bay, a great place for beginners. Rip Curl School of Surf offers day courses and provides all the equipment.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions