Malaiwana - Villa Rodnaya
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
From its hillside perch overlooking one of the finest beaches in Phuket, Villa Rodnaya is a stylish four-bedroom holiday home whose design and facilities make it ideal for families. Found within the exclusive Malaiwana estate at Naithon Beach, Rodnaya offers a private sea-view haven for a relaxing tropical escape and a great base for exploring the endless beaches and lush landscapes of the island’s lesser-visited northwest coastal area.
Rodnaya means “close to the heart” in Russian and it’s clear from every detail in this modern, bright villa that this is a place to gather, play and create beautiful memories. Positioned to capture the exquisite ocean views, every room features sliding glass doors that open to balconies or the wide top-floor terrace with its 18-metre pool. A transparent safety fence around the pool offers peace of mind for those travelling with young children without obstructing the views, and the poolside dining sala is the perfect spot to enjoy alfresco breakfasts before taking a dip or a barbecue feast at sunset.
The terrace extends from the open-plan living and dining area, which is a bright room set under an elegantly curved wooden roof. And tucked away behind the living room is a colourful playroom just for the kids; a fun and cosy escape from the tropical sun. The media room downstairs offers another comfy place to gather.
Every bedroom, including the sumptuous master suite in a poolside pavilion, offers a private bathroom, king-size bed and sea views. And providing five-star guest service is an experienced staff team including a Thai chef and villa manager who will assist with every aspect of your stay within the villa and beyond.
Naithon, an idyllic kilometre-long beach just minutes away from the villa, beckons with its soft sands and sea sports including snorkelling and standup paddle-boarding, plus seaside vendors serving up tasty Thai food and fresh tropical fruits. Phuket Airport is just nine kilometres away and many sights and holiday activities including golf, beach clubs and yacht charters are within easy reach.
Click on these links to find out more about four bedroom Malaiwana Residences - Duplex and Penthouse or the other villas in the estate: five bedroom Villa M and six bedroom Villa Haleana.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
The crystal-clear waters of the Andaman Sea and the powder-soft sands of Naithon Beach are in full view from every villa and residence at Malaiwana. Just a short walk or downhill drive away from the estate, this pristine one-kilometre-long beach on Phuket’s peaceful northwest coast is perfect for sunning, swimming, snorkelling, stand-up paddling and sandcastle building. A tranquil village atmosphere prevails in this unspoiled corner of the island and the beach road is lined with low-key shops and cafés. Along the coast, numerous hidden coves and beaches are waiting to be discovered.
Just up the road, the Trisara Resort offers fabulous dining, and other chic nearby venues include Boat Avenue, Porto de Phuket, and the beachfront restaurants at Bang Tao, eight kilometres to the south.
Malaiwana is an easy 20-minute drive from Phuket International Airport.More information for Things to do
Though it may be tempting to spend your entire holiday in cossetted comfort, Malaiwana also makes a great base for exploring Phuket’s quieter northern coastline and interior. With your villa manager’s help, bookings and transport to the island’s top leisure activities and sights can be easily arranged.Here’s a selection of some of the activities on offer beyond Malaiwana:
- Hop on a stand-up paddle board at Naithon Beach and explore the coves and beaches of Phuket’s rugged northern coastline. Make a stop at the tiny Banana Beach for a refreshing drink and snorkel session.
- Indulge in a Sunday brunch or romantic sunset dinner at Trisara resort.
- Enjoy a solitary stroll along Mai Khao Beach, the most northern and isolated beach on Phuket, or try a surf or kiteboarding session at Nai Yang Beach.
- Head east and discover Phuket’s lush interior on a jungle trek to the waterfalls at Khao Phra Thaeo National Park, and be sure to say hello to the inhabitants of the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project at the park entrance. At the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary, which is in the same area, visitors can observe elephants rescued from the tourist trade.
- The Andaman Sea beckons with spectacular scenery and rich marine life, best explored aboard a chartered luxury yacht or on a snorkel or scuba diving trip. Glide past the towering karsts of Phang Nga Bay, swim with the colourful fish off Raya island, soak up the sun on the brilliant white sands of Koh Hong, and more.
- Take some time to restore your body and mind during a day of pampering and luxury at the fabulous Banyan Tree Spa, or go for a simple yet invigorating Thai massage session right on the beach.
- Delve into Phuket’s rich culture and history with a walking tour of the Old Town, its streets lined with colourful Sino-Portuguese shophouses and some of the island’s best local eats.
- Discover the secrets of delicious Thai cuisine at a cookery class, which often includes a visit to a local market to shop for fresh ingredients.
- Play a round or two at one of the island’s scenic golf courses including Laguna Golf Club with lagoons and mountain views and the Nicklaus-designed Mission Hills with stunning ocean views.
- Add some dazzle and upbeat DJ music to your seaside sundowner at one of Phuket’s beach clubs. Try Dream Beach Club at Layan Beach or Catch Beach Club at Bang Tao.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
Shake off the stress of holiday planning. Let the Elite Concierge take care of all your bookings and arrangements, from transport, tours and restaurant reservations, to any special requests for your arrival. We’re here to make your holiday experience extraordinary.
- Open-plan dining and living in a peak-roofed pavilion with Bose sound system and floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Formal dining table for 12 positioned for pool and ocean views
- Breakfast bar and guest kitchen
- Living room with comfortable sofa seating and pool views
- Children’s playroom with games, toys and a daybed
- Media room with comfy seating and TV/DVD entertainment system
- Air conditioning throughout
- Pool deck with 18-metre pool, sun loungers and speakers connected to Bose sound system
- Poolside sala with dining for 12
- On the top floor in a peak-roofed pavilion with sea views and direct pool access
- Bright bedroom suite with four-poster king-size bed and lounge furniture
- Spacious walk-through wardrobe
- Luxury ensuite bathroom with double bathtub, double vanity and shower
- Connected to the playroom to make a family suite if needed
- Air conditioning
- The three comfortable lower-floor guest bedrooms all have balconies positioned for optimal sea views
- All three rooms are furnished with king-size beds
- Bright ensuite bathrooms are fitted with showers and double vanities
- Air conditioning
Thai cuisine is celebrated the world over for its flavourful dishes, and Villa Rodnaya is the perfect place to explore Thai gastronomic delights under the talented direction of the in-villa chef. Adventurous eaters, children, and those who crave their favourite home-cooked foods are all catered to, with meals at Rodnaya fully customised to each guest’s preference.
Find Thai food, set breakfasts and western food in the villa’s suggestion menu, with an enticing selection of dishes including tom kha gai (delicious chicken soup made with coconut milk and fragrant galangal); gaeng phed ped yang (red curry with roasted duck); pla thod ta rod (crispy sea bass with five-flavour sauce), and the chef’s specialty Gaeng ka ree nue fak tong (beef tenderloin and pumpkin in Thai yellow curry).
The chef and kitchen team take care of all the grocery shopping, and they know exactly where to find the freshest and best quality ingredients. Provisions are charged at cost plus a 20% handling fee and a government tax, and guests are requested to provide cash to cover groceries in advance. The staff will keep receipts for reference when settling the bills.
Villa Rodnaya’s design elegance and magical views give every meal some added finesse whether dining in its vaulted-roof indoor dining area or on the breezy pool terrace.View a sample menu
We can't begin to thank you enough! Your team made our first visit to Thailand a trip we will never forget. The food, the hospitality and even the weather were unmatched. We can't wait to visit again and will be sure to ell everyone about our amazing stay at Villa R.24-Nov-2022 - 30-Nov-2022 Ibtihaj M
Very nice villa and staffs. Wish I come back to same place. Highly recommended.19-Oct-2022 - 31-Oct-2022 Aleksandr M
Amazing villa, I even been and we are so lucky to have a team responsible teams,Pekky is very nice person to helped us everything. Thank you so much and what a wonderful trip. We will be back soon. Miss Cheng Wei Yin 16/09/202213-Sep-2022 - 16-Sep-2022 Wei Wei C
It is a wonderful house and nice people, especially the manager Petty. She is very kind and nice, good service. Thank you so much for your ladies. We also like the pool, the room style, the food. We have a wonderful holiday here and we will come back one day. Thank you, Best regard20-Aug-2019 - 24-Aug-2019 Meiyu W
Good view, good mood, good service, full of passion. Thanks everyone.29-Jun-2019 - 03-Jul-2019 Si Q
I prefer to live here every day and spending time with my family is so wonderful. It will be my best memory. Thank you for the excellent service. I love Thailand and I love all of you.25-Apr-2019 - 29-Apr-2019 Le Y
A beautiful villa with a splendid view. The staff are great. They are very lovely and make this trip ever so much better. The food is another highlight. We have had so much fun and will miss this villa alot.17-Oct-2018 - 21-Oct-2018 Jacqueline D
Beautiful villa, nice view and nice sunset. Hearted service, professional villa manager, impressive food feels like home. Fantastic and we will come back again.06-Oct-2018 - 10-Oct-2018 Tao W
Great food with lovely friends.02-Oct-2018 - 05-Oct-2018 Lai L
The villa is amazing. Thank you for all the help and great service. We had a blast and definitely looking forward to come back again next year.06-Sep-2018 - 09-Sep-2018 Chris T
Good service. We stay here very happy. Katy works very nice.20-Aug-2018 - 24-Aug-2018 Yujia F
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service