The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Set in a sea of terraced rice paddies that gradually slope down to the glimmering Indian Ocean, Villa Mandalay’s picture-perfect views provide a colourful glimpse into traditional life in the Balinese countryside.
Three contemporary Balinese-style pavilions are arranged around a 25-metre swimming pool, which forms a magnificent focal point to the villa. A rustic bamboo pavilion surrounded by water gardens at the end of the pool offers unobstructed views and makes a lovely setting for sunny breakfasts and candle-lit dinners. Living areas and bedrooms are adorned with an eclectic collection of Indonesian artwork including avian-themed paintings, carved wooden statues from Kalimantan, and ethnic artefacts.
With the option of renting either four, six or seven bedrooms Mandalay offers plenty of flexibility for groups of friends and for families; while the lush lawns and dramatic setting also make the villa an ideal venue for weddings of up to 250 guests.
Mandalay’s unique charms extend to a six-hole pitch and putt golf course set into lower gardens, a Finnish-style sauna overlooking a lotus pond, and a mezzanine-level home theatre with 62-inch satellite TV and DVD player.
A team of friendly and professional staff includes a talented chef who prepares meals from an extensive suggestion menu of Western and Asian dishes, with delicious Balinese-themed menus a specialty. A car and driver is also on hand should you wish to explore the island (extra charges apply).
Villa Mandalay is less than three kilometres from the traditional fishing village of Seseh, with its rugged volcanic-sand beach, and within a 10-minute drive of the picturesque sea temple at Tanah Lot, and Canggu – Bali’s favourite new place to see and be seen.
Amazing rice field views all the way to the ocean
Home theatre and exceptional library of movies
Pitch & putt golf range on-site
Hidden sauna and plunge pool
Alfresco living & dining deck with spectacular panorama
"Hosting my retreat for clients of my VIP program at the gorgeous villa was the best decision. The chef was brilliant delivering to us delicious dishes every day. The property is amazing and everyone felt like their room was a private sanctuary. What is amazing about the villa is that you are so close to the street yet feel so far as if you are in the peaceful, blissful countryside. Villa Mandalay is a great Balinese sanctuary. Thank you to Manager Suka and the team for making sure our stay and needs were always met with wonderful hospitality."
Real time availability
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Avoid the crowds and book a private villa to holiday safely with your family. Elite Havens offers a guaranteed refund if travel is affected by the Coronavirus. Book with confidence, book an elite haven.
We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario. So should your flights be cancelled or a travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund or you can choose to move your stay within 12 months of your check-in date, in the same villa, for the same number of nights and in the same (or lower) season. Valid for new bookings from 19 February 2020 onwards.
Also, enjoy up to 30% off your stay. Valid for new bookings from 19 February 2020 onwards, for stays until 25 June 2020.
Terms & conditions:
- Discounts valid only for new bookings from 19 February 2020, and for stays before 25 June 2020
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 30-Mar-2020.
- Massage room with sauna and plunge pool on garden level
- Large dining hall in main pavilion with seating for 16 as well as a bar and surround sound speaker system
- Two comfortable seating areas either side of dining table
- Home theatre on mezzanine above dining hall with 62-inch flat screen TV and large floor cushions
- Pitch and putt golf green in the garden
- Open-sided dining and living bale with seating for 12 at end of pool with great views
- 25-metre pool with timber decking, sun loungers and umbrellas
- All bedrooms are air-conditioned and furnished with king-size beds
- All feature timber floors, TVs, dressing areas and ensuite bathrooms
- The six bedrooms at pool level are all similarly sized and designed
- Two master bedrooms adjacent to the living pavilion
- Four guest rooms open onto the pool deck
- Studio room at garden level
Villa Mandalay boasts an unbeatable rural setting but is within a very easy (10 minute) drive of Canggu - Bali’s hottest and hippest new haunt. The villa looks across acres of rice-fields, unchanged for centuries, and onwards to the glinting Indian Ocean, just 3km away. A scenic stroll or short drive will bring you to the black sands of Seseh Beach and the iconic Tanah Lot sea temple. As well as the many new cafés, beach bars, restaurants and boutiques of Canggu, cosmopolitan Seminyak is just 13km from the villa. A car and driver is available to guests at a reasonable daily rate.
Things to do
Villa Mandalay’s manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Villa Mandalay is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot (8km), a beautiful temple set on a rocky, wave battered island just metres off the beach. In peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (6km) where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer, including famous nightly barbecue at Echo Beach House. Note that the beach here is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast was created by one of Indonesia’s premier art collectors, and provides a range of atmospheric dining experiences.
- Horseriding at Kuda P stables on professionally trained horses and ponies will take you through the lush rice terraces around Kerobokan, or provide the chance for a sunset gallop through the surf along the rugged south-western coast.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave (6km). Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, Merah Putih, La Lucciola, Sardine and Métis.
- Explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Acclaimed as the world’s best, the atmospheric Elephant Safari Park in Taro (north of Ubud) provides a sanctuary for elephants rescued from Sumatra, with opportunities for trekking, hand feeding, and photo taking. There is also a fascinating museum and an excellent restaurant in a beautiful tropical setting deep in the forests of Bali’s hinterland.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions