The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Multiple families and large groups of friends holidaying together are gravitating towards Villa Avalon, a grand centrally-located estate sitting between Seminyak and Canggu. It offers seven spacious air-conditioned bedrooms across three individual villas – each with a pool and private garden, available for rental individually or together.
It’s rare to find such a well-established villa 60m from the beach (only temple land lies between) and yet just a five-minute taxi ride from Seminyak. Perfect for groups seeking to enjoy Bali’s dining and nightlife scene, just beyond the entrance is sunset bar. A five-minute stroll along the sand brings you to Mozaic Beach Club and a few simple beachfront cafes, while W Hotel and Potato Head are just a little further.
Within the Avalon estate itself are several sociable living spaces (both formal and informal, indoor and alfresco) – the mark of award-winning architect Popo Danes who conceived the estate as a harmonious blend of contemporary design with a Balinese community feel and an Asian twist. When all three villas are booked together, the maximum capacity of 21 still doesn’t feel like a crowd, there are plenty of secluded corners for quiet escape. And yet, a honeymooning couple basking in the romance of the one-bedroom villa, may feel they have the entire estate to themselves, such is the intimacy of the layout. No wonder Avalon is a sought-after venue for an enchanting tropical wedding, a renewal-of-vows ceremony and indeed family celebrations of all kinds.
While guests snooze on their private bedroom terrace, enjoy a few laps in one of the estate’s three pools, gather around the pool table with a few beers, curl up with a good book in the air-conditioned library, or indulge with a spa treatment, the well-trained staff (including a competent chef) work discreetly in the background to provide stellar service from morning until night.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
The Villa Avalon Estate is a private residence on a small lane that leads to Canggu's Kayu Putih Beach, with its glistening volcanic sand and awesome waves. W Hotel, Potato Head and the famed bars and restaurants of Seminyak are only a 15-minute walk from the villa. A 15-minute amble inland brings you to Canggu Plaza, with its expat-focused supermarket, gelato stop and choice of eateries. Villa Avalon is at an ideal location, close to all the action in Seminyak, and nearby beaches.More information for Things to do
- There are several surf schools in Bali, mainly based in and around Kuta and Legian, where young and old(er) can learn to surf or brush up on their skills.
- Groove to fantastic music and soak up Ibiza’s party vibes at the newly opened Café del Mar. Walking distance from Avalon Villa, this 10000sqm beachfront pool club just may be where you choose to spend your evenings.
- Enjoy sundowners or an evening meal at some romantic spots you'll find on the island, with magical sunset views over the lagoon and the beach.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the 'real' Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- If you’ve always dreamed of galloping along a beach or riding through villages bordered by rice fields, now’s your chance. Bali Horse Adventure and Kuda P Stables (both in Pererenan) can arrange horse riding tours, as well as children’s riding lessons and horse-drawn carriage outings.
- Sports enthusiasts should head to Bali’s prestigious Canggu Club, with its state-of-the-art gym and tennis and squash courts (most of our villas include complimentary membership, otherwise day membership is available ). Round off your work-outs with some fine international dining, then stock up on gourmet goodies at the nearby Deli.
- Visit the mystical Hotel Tugu (Bali’s first museum-hotel) studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques and its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. If you’re planning a honeymoon, this makes a wonderful first night venue. The hotel's restaurants offer authentic Chinese and Indonesian fine dining, as well as an international menu, in a variety of unique settings. At the rustic Waroeng Tugu you can taste the traditional Javanese and Balinese cuisine of bygone centuries.
- Make a pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests (and watch out for the monkeys, who are very adept at helping themselves to anything from snacks to sunglasses and even cameras!)
- You could eat out at a different restaurant in Seminyak every night - for months - and still not run out of options. Jalan Laksmana (also known as Jalan Oberoi and Jalan Kayu Aya) is Bali’s fashionable ‘Eat Street’, offering plenty of high-end restaurants including Sarong and Nutmegs at Hu’u Bar. La Lucciola Restaurant is great for sunset drinks, as is The Breeze at The Samaya. Two new beachclubs, Cocoon and Potato Head, are classy seaside party scenes. Then there's La Plancha, a rustic beach bar between Double Six and Gado Gado, very popular, good tapas, very reasonably priced drinks, with live music and DJ events. A short taxi ride will bring you to Sardine for elegant seafood, Métis for French Mediterranean cuisine, or to Hog Wild in Bali, famous for barbecue ribs and wicked Martinis. Mid-range dining options here include Wah Wah Gourmet Burger Winebar which specialises in sassy burgers with sexy connotations, and numerous other cheap 'n cheerful options.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Open-sided fan-cooled second-level living pavilion with pool table
- Open-sided fan-cooled dining hall (seating for 14)
- Air-conditioned media room/library with 52-inch satellite TV and home theatre system
- Deep bedroom terraces with additional seating
- Open-sided garden living pavilion in Avalon 2
- Air-conditioned living and dining room in Avalon 3
- A choice of three pools, from 15m to 5m.
- Poolside sun decks with plenty of loungers and umbrellas
- Poolside heritage teakwood joglo from Java
- Teakwood gladak building from Java – used as a playroom or massage room
- Beautifully landscaped gardens
Master Suites - Avalon I
- Two air-conditioned master suites occupy the two-storey master sleeping pavilion
- Attached sitting room with two daybeds (perfect for the kids)
- Deep terraces with breakfast area and daybed
- King-size four-poster beds
- Walk-in wardrobe
- Glamorous air-conditioned bathrooms with twin vanity, statement bathtub, rain shower enclosures, non-slip marble floor and large walk-in wardrobe
Guest Bedrooms - Avalon I
- Two air-conditioned guest bedrooms, one with king-size and one with queen-size bed
- Ensuites with twin vanity, rain shower, and non-slip marble floor
Guest Bedrooms - Avalon II
- Two air-conditioned bedrooms, one with king-size and one with queen-size bed
- Ensuite air-conditioned shower room with rain shower, and non-slip marble floor
Guest Bedroom - Avalon III
- Air-conditioned bedroom with queen-size bed and sitting area
- Ensuite air-conditioned bathroom with bathtub, twin vanity, rain shower, and walk-in dressing room
In-villa dining is one of the great pleasures of a private villa vacation. There’s nothing more rewarding than gathering around the dining table with family and friends to enjoy a leisurely home-cooked lunch or dinner that has been prepared without your lifting a finger. Villa Avalon’s lovely chef takes great pride in whipping up a menu of Indonesian and international dishes using the freshest ingredients sourced from upmarket delis and local markets alike. Guests may glance through a small suggestion menu for inspiration, or make special requests. Balinese cooking is his specialty and he’s a dab hand at sunset barbecues too. Just discuss your requirements for the day with him or the villa manager.
The chef will happily coordinate the purchase of all provisions on request, including wines, spirits, beers and soft drinks. The best way to organize this is to provide the chef with a cash ‘float’ on arrival. Receipts will be kept and referenced at the end of your stay, and a 20% handling fee with a service charge and a government tax will be applied to cover admin and transport.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service