Des Indes Villas
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
The two Des Indes Villas lie within Seminyak’s sought-after Laksmana Villas, moments from Petitenget Beach and some of Bali’s most iconic, restaurants, bars, boutiques and spas. These luxury villas comprise the five-bedroomed Des Indes II and four-bedroomed Des Indes I.
Des Indes II offers old Bali-style open-concept living in surroundings that are remarkably quiet given the proximity to Seminyak’s many attractions. With multiple indoor and outdoor living and dining areas and two private swimming pools, the villa accommodates up to 10 adults and four extra children – perfect for extended families and groups of friends who enjoy holidaying together but appreciate their own private space.
Villa Des Indes I lies just a two-minute walk away and is distinguished by its heritage joglo that was once the home of a Javanese aristocrat and now forms a palatial living pavilion. The two master bedroom pavilions, which encircle a 21-metre lagoon-style pool, are generously proportioned, with deep verandas and tropical garden showers. Two comfortable guest suites occupy an adjacent two-storey pavilion.
Within the villas' pavilions are a wealth of colonial-style furniture, prized antiques, ceramics and artefacts. Counterpointing the heritage influence are more contemporary luxuries, including top-range King Koil mattresses, crisp cotton bedlinen, and satellite channel TVs in every bedroom.
Adding to the sense of luxury is a staff team dedicated to making guests feel special. Among them is an accomplished chef who can prepare meals throughout the day according to a reasonably priced menu. And for those who can tear themselves away, classic Bali restaurants and beach bars such as La Lucciola, Ku De Ta and Potato Head are a short stroll away.
Together, the two villas offer nine bedrooms. Click on these links to find out more about five-bedroomed Des Indes II and four-bedroomed Des Indes I, or visit the Des Indes Villas website to find out how the villas can be combined to suit your holiday needs.
Two villas in a fantastic location
Talented chef and charming staff
Moments from the beach
Tasteful and rich design
Real time availability
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Book with Confidence & Stay Safe
Avoid the crowds and book a private villa to holiday safely with your family. Elite Havens offers a guaranteed refund if travel is affected by the coronavirus. Book with confidence, book an elite haven.
We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario. So should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund or you can choose to move your stay within 12 months of your check-in date, in the same villa, for the same number of nights and in the same (or lower) season. Valid for new bookings from 19 February 2020 onwards.
Terms & conditions:
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 07-May-2020.
- Des Indes I and Des Indes II are in the same exclusive estate, around 200 metres apart.
- Des Indes I has a huge open-sided living pavilion, three separate seating areas, bar pavilion and butlers in pantry, a well-equipped kitchen, and a dining table for eight
- Des Indes II has an open-sided living area with antique daybed and a poolside dining pergola with table for 4 in one pavilion and a large seating area and dining for 10 in the second pavilion, colonial style furniture, a bar area and well equipped kitchen
- All villas have private pools and sun terraces
- Des Indes II has a large cushion-covered poolside balé
- All five bedrooms at interlinked Des Indes II and the four bedrooms of Des Indes I are air-conditioned, with teakwood floors, oriental rugs, antique-style furniture and large curved TVs with satellite channels.
- Four of the bedrooms of Des Indes II open onto the pool terraces, one is on the upper level with a private rooftop terrace
- All bedrooms are ensuite, with air-conditioned bathrooms featuring twin basins, bathtub, monsoon shower, and walk-in wardrobe with dressing table.
- Seven of the bedrooms are furnished with king-size four-poster beds; the other two rooms have a set of twin beds each that can convert to a king-size four-poster bed.
Des Indes Villas sits securely within the Laksmana Villas, an exclusive enclave right in the heart of Seminyak. The villas are not immediately next door to each other, but are just 300-metres apart and easily reached via the estates’ private road. Bali’s most stellar beach area, the wide expanse of Petitenget Beach, is a mere five-minute walk away. Many of the island’s most celebrated restaurants and bars are a short stroll away, including Ku De Ta, Metis, Sarong and Potato Head. No need to take a taxi to reach Seminyak’s many boutiques, lifestyle shops and spas either. What a perfect spot!
Things to do
Des Indes Villas’ manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Chat to the staff too; many have been attached to the villa for some time and are a great source of insider information. In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Petitenget, Merah Putih, Sardine and Métis.
- It’s possible to walk the sands of Seminyak’s Petitenget Beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beachside bars.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (9km) where a number of cafes offer good sunset views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot, or try Old Man's – a more casual café across the road for alfresco all day dining
- Des Indes I is close to the famous temple at Tanah Lot (18 km), although in peak season a few too many tourists may transform a sunset visit into more of a heaving photo opportunity than a moving experience. Visiting early in the morning (8-9am) provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions