The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Away from the crowds, Villa Kailasha offers a tranquil respite in Bali’s Tabanan regency. This marvellous property sprawls over 11,000 sqm of land, surrounded by coconut groves on three sides and the endless ocean in front.
You will feel like you’re staying in your own private boutique hotel, such is the expanse of the property. Privacy is guaranteed, with bedrooms spread across different pavilions. Yet, each of the nine rooms offers a relaxed and luxurious stay amidst tropical greenery.
With accommodation for up to 18 guests, Villa Kailasha is perfect for large get-togethers, business or yoga retreats, and small personal functions, though there is nothing small about the expanse of its lawns. The grounds are impeccably maintained and dotted with flowering trees and swaying palms. They hold within them a 14-metre swimming pool bordered by sunbeds looking out towards the twinkling blue ocean beyond a glimmering black sand beach.
The double-storey main pavilion is the social hub of the villa, offering both air-conditioned comfort on the upper level and the option to enjoy breezy evenings in the lower-level lounge. Meals are a delicious affair, crafted by the in-house chef and served in the open-sided dining pavilion, its tapering wooden roof adding drama to the already picturesque setting.
With televisions in every room and an air-conditioned multi-purpose room in the main pavilion, there’s plenty to do in the villa. The incredible Kelating Beach is a three-minute walk from the villa. The charm of Villa Kailasha is in its serenity, away from the bustle of everyday life, a quiet and scenic place to relax, renew and reconnect.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
A three-minute stroll from Villa Kailasha takes you to Kelating Beach featuring sparkling black sand and sweeping coastline views. The immediate neighbourhood is a small Balinese village called Dukuh which is bordered by rice fields as far as the eye can see. Set blissfully away from the busy town, the only restaurant nearby sits in the five-star Alila Villas Soori (300m) which boasts both a fine-dining restaurant as well as an alfresco bar serving beachfront cocktails, best enjoyed at sunset. However, with a professional chef at your service in the villa, you may find no incentive to step out for culinary gratification. The quiet beach and river estuary offer beautiful walks, and local temple ceremonies are a common sight. This stretch of coastline is popular with surfers but there are strong rip currents and no lifeguards so it is deemed unsafe for swimming.More information for Things to do
Villa Kailasha’s manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will be happy to arrange for transport and make bookings as required. Do converse with the staff about the local area; many of them live nearby and will be able to give local insights into the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Hiking and trekking in Bali’s volcanic hinterlands allow visitors to relish spectacular views; the 2276-metre Mount Batukau is the island’s second-highest peak, and the area around this mountain boasts the greatest biological diversity in Bali. Here, local guides lead visitors on anything from gentle hikes through the food forests and jungle, to challenging treks.
- Visit the breathtaking panorama of the Jatiluwih Rice Terraces (36km), a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2008 for the preservation of traditional Balinese farming techniques. At a height of 850 metres above sea level, the view from here is one of the finest.
- Horse riding can be arranged at stables located in Yeh Gangga (5km), a peaceful village where rice farming, fishing and sea salt harvesting keep locals busy. You can also opt to swim in the sea with the horses, should you want to.
- Discover the charming Tabanan Regency with its terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head northeast to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and dramatically positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Explore Bali on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
- With its warm seas, an almost year-round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks, and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world-renowned, and at Villa Kailasha the ocean is right at your doorstep. This stretch of coast, however, is only recommended for experienced surfers.
- There are many ancient temples on the island including Pura Luhur Batukau, the stone coconut temple (29km) near the peak of Mount Batukau, (accessible by car), which venerates the deities of mountains and lakes. Two royal palaces are also within easy reach of Villa Kailasha: Puri Gede and Puri Anyar at the royal town of Krambitan (5km).
- Make a pilgrimage to the sacred Pura Tanah Lot (15km), one of Bali’s most iconic sea temples. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient temple is best savoured at sunset (although less busy during the day). If the tide is low, be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu priests and sneak a peek of the holy snake.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Spacious and breezy living pavilion with multiple seating areas
- Air-conditioned meeting room on the first level of the main pavilion
- Multi-purpose room for exercising, playing or to use as an office
- Open-sided dining pavilion with a high, sloping roof and seating for 10 guests (extra tables are setup for additional guests)
- Sprawling gardens with manicured lawns and flowering trees
- A 14-metre swimming pool with sunbeds facing the ocean
- Breakfast table next to the swimming pool for small groups
- Multiple pockets of space, hidden gardens and numerous nooks to explore
- Ample parking space
- In a separate pavilion on the left side of the main pavilion
- A complex of rooms including a TV lounge, the sleeping chamber, a walk-in wardrobe and a lavish bathroom
- Sofa seating and a flat-screen television in the TV lounge
- Comfortable king-size bed with heavenly views beyond glass doors
- The master bathroom features a free-standing bathtub with a frosted glass wall giving the illusion of a tropical bath
- Glass doors open onto a patio overlooking the ocean beyond lush gardens
Guest bedrooms 1 & 2
- Located in separate pavilions on either side of the main pavilion
- Featuring a king-size bed with bedside tables
- Ensuite bathroom with a shower cubicle
- Flat-screen television for private viewing
- Ocean views from the patio
Guest bedroom 3
- Located on the right side of the main pavilion, facing the ocean
- Twin beds, ideal for children or friends
- A daybed on the side, next to a window
- Patio leading to the garden
- Ensuite bathroom with a separate shower cubicle
Guest bedrooms 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8
- These bedrooms are located inside two separate pavilions, located behind the ocean-facing guest bedroom
- Ideal for small families wanting proximity to their children or groups of youngsters
- Garden views and a separate entrance
- Ensuite bathroom with a shower cubicle
- Twin and king-size beds for a good night’s sleep
As a chef is included in the villa price, this promises to be a fulfilling holiday for foodies. The dining menu features an array of international and local dishes for you to choose from. Though western meals are available and delicious here, we do recommend that you try a few local Indonesian and Balinese dishes for true cultural immersion. Should you have a request for a dish not on the menu, or a special dietary requirement, please feel free to ask the chef, who will strive to comply with all of your preferences.
While the villa has a fully equipped kitchen for food preparation, the chef prefers that dishes are ordered for the entire group and served family-style. Given Villa Kailasha’s remote location, please allow at least one day’s notice for menu requests, though it is best that you have a chat with the Villa Manager and chef about the menu for your entire stay when you check-in, so that everything can be arranged in advance.
Food and beverage items are charged at grocery prices plus a 20% handling fee which is also subject to service charge and government tax. Guests will be requested to provide a cash float in advance, and the staff will do the shopping for you and keep the receipts for your reference.View a sample menu
I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the hospitality and care and concern you had towards my group and me. We love all of you and will definitely be back soon.11-May-2022 - 16-May-2022 Fritz F
The villa is amazing and the service is great. The property is clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. Thank you for all Kailasha team.23-Dec-2021 - 28-Dec-2021 Willy T
We had a wonderful time at the villa. The building is great and the staff are very friendly. Thank you13-Dec-2021 - 16-Dec-2021 Meggie F
We stayed here for 2 nights. The experience was absolutely fantastic. All the staff members are very helpful and nice. The villa is clean and the view is lovely too. The chef cooks delicious food. We will absolutely come back here with our bigger group. Keep up the good work.16-Oct-2021 - 18-Oct-2021 Daniel V
It was a pleasure to return back to Villa Kailasha after five years - meet people again who become more than staff but friends and feel that the villa is our small home. Thanks to everyone who took care about us. Thanks for amazing vacation we had there, hope we see everyone again.05-Jun-2018 - 08-Jun-2018 Anton F
What a beautiful villa. We celebrated our special day at Villa Kailasha and we loved every single bit of it. The staff were amazing and helped us to make our wedding day even better. We will definitely come back and recommend this place to family and friends. Thank you so much for making our dream wedding come true.02-Jun-2018 - 05-Jun-2018 Damian S
This is heaven, the staff are kind, thoughtful and made us feel welcome every moment of our stay. The pool is wonderful - heaven to swim and watch the ocean. Is this a dream or is this for real, a fabulous week spent. Thanks to beautiful staff and their generous Balinese spirit.18-May-2018 - 25-May-2018 Jean D
What an amazing experience. The place is better than expected - kindest people ever. We have been the luckiest guests thanks to Mr Wayan’s team, Mr Gede, Mr Dewa and all their colleagues - without forgetting Mr Putu, the best driver all over the world. Two weeks of dream.21-Apr-2018 - 05-May-2018 Amine S
We really had the most wonderful time. The villa is a magical place that invites you to relax and soak up the atmosphere. The people are the other thing that really make it special. To Wayan, Gede, Dewa, Chef and the whole team. Matur suksma. We will back.28-Feb-2018 - 05-Mar-2018 Richard M
Quiet, peace, nice view plus nice staff in villa. Thanks all you guys, I will come back.20-Feb-2018 - 26-Feb-2018 Tao X
Nice and peaceful location, amazing garden and layout, thank you again everyone.03-Feb-2018 - 04-Feb-2018 Frederic B
Excellent hospitality, very luxurious villa, amazing beach view, felt very peaceful and relaxed.22-Jan-2018 - 24-Jan-2018 Krupal M
We had an amazing wedding here in that beautiful place!!. Great time, great vibe.09-Oct-2017 - 12-Oct-2017 Mariah A
WONDERFUL!! Staff was wonderful - villa lovely. Service and staff were fantastic!! Villa property amazing we will tell everyone about this magical place. Thank you!11-Sep-2017 - 18-Sep-2017 Olson R
The staffs are very nice and the pool in the villa is very good. I had a great rest. Thank you.08-Sep-2017 - 10-Sep-2017 Mi Young K
We had a great holiday! Thank you staff for taking care of everything including saving baby birds and the two puppies found at the beach. We wish you the best and who knows we will meet you again.28-Jul-2017 - 18-Aug-2017 Peter K
We had a good time in Kailasha. Staffs are very kind and landscape is so nice. Totally it was very wonderful time in Villa Kailasha thanks to staffs, I can celebrate my wedding happily. I wish I come back hire again someday with my family. thanks a lot.23-Jun-2017 - 26-Jun-2017 Dong-Hoen & Go-Eun
We love the place, nice guest rooms...The staff is great and we will back soon. Thank you Gede and Dewa.14-Jun-2017 - 16-Jun-2017 Thorsten M
Very lovely place all the staff become our friends and good food.02-Jun-2017 - 04-Jun-2017 Soheila D
Very cozy, nice villa!! We had a great time and wonderful experience. Nice people and foods!! Thanks for everything our great time in Bali and Villa Kailasha!! Good Luck!05-May-2017 - 08-May-2017 Ji-Young L
Our family had a great visit. Nice and relaxing to get away from the city. The staff were great and very helpful. We also had a great dinner. We will be back to Bali again soon.12-Apr-2017 - 22-Apr-2017 Aubrey P
Nice holiday in Villa Kailasha. The villa is very beautiful. The wedding here was perfect because it is a magical place. Thank you very much for all the staff and particularly to Gede and Dewa and the Manager. You were so perfect!!!09-Apr-2017 - 12-Apr-2017 Simon C
The villa is very good, and food is very delicious, people here very nice and kind too. I would recommend friends to come and live in Kailasha. And I hope I could live there next time! Thank you for all of you.03-Apr-2017 - 08-Apr-2017 Mao M
Very quiet place, pleasant team who was to our attention. Thanks to the chef for his dishes, and especially for the crepes. Hope to come back in this lovely place.23-Feb-2017 - 26-Feb-2017 Ludovic I
We love this villa. She is so beautiful and the gentleman are so kind.19-Jan-2017 - 26-Jan-2017 Zhenyi L
We spend ten very relaxing days at Kailasha. A large beautiful garden, clean pool and sun deck, a great airy sitting area and large well kept bed rooms. Of course the staff that assisted in all things necessary and pampered us through our holidays. We can certainly recommend this unique place.27-Dec-2016 - 07-Jan-2017 Hans N
Had amazing time, very lovely place, great views and lovely staffs. We are enjoyed here. Thank you for all your help and great foods.27-Nov-2016 - 29-Nov-2016 Ke C
The property is beautiful, The natural ecosystem is something special. The experience we will never forget. Gede is wonderful host and made our stay very pleasant. The swimming, the sunset and garden/ponds are stunning. We are sad to leave today but we hope to return again one day. Thank you Kailasha.31-Oct-2016 - 10-Nov-2016 Simone M
It was a once in lifetime experience unique and amazing location. It was the tranquility and luxury promised and more. The staff were very kind helpful and the food just made me hungry for my next meal. We rented bikes and explored the local village and all in all a very memorable experience.18-Oct-2016 - 21-Oct-2016 Fahim H
Excellent service, beautiful scenery and flawless garden. Awesome overall! We really enjoyed the stay here at Kailasha! Thanks guys.14-Oct-2016 - 16-Oct-2016 Elaine C
The staff has been fantastic, very attentive. We cannot fault them at all. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Thank you for accommodating us and our 20 people pool party. Hope we were not too much trouble and thank you for allowing us to hold our wedding at this amazing property.07-Oct-2016 - 10-Oct-2016 Sue Z
Very beautiful sea front villa, great accommodation, nice garden and swimming pool. Passionate and friendly service staff. Generally speaking, this villa makes you feel like at a luxury home.03-Oct-2016 - 07-Oct-2016 Jason T
Very friendly and warm service, villa come with a very nice view and relaxing ambience. We really enjoyed dipping in the pool and having good massages.The whole villa to very spacious and comfortable. Thank you for the pleasant and memorable experience.22-Sep-2016 - 25-Sep-2016 John C
Amazing stay at Kailasha. Thank you to the wonderful staff and we hope to come back again very soon.14-Sep-2016 - 18-Sep-2016 Christophe R
We have had the most incredible wedding at the villa, the staff have been so friendly and accommodating, the food has been delicious and the location is stunning. Thank you all.30-Aug-2016 - 02-Sep-2016 Adinda A
Beautiful accommodation with friendly staff. Thank you.16-Aug-2016 - 30-Aug-2016 Javier C
It's a very beautiful and pleasant experience in this serene environment which made us want to stay for more days. The staff are amicable and the chef was too good and friendly. We enjoyed the satay as our daughter was happy with feeding fishes and swim pool. Thank you.06-Jul-2016 - 09-Jul-2016 Srinivasan N
Very nice villa with lovely views of the sea. The staff and driver always available when needed. The cook delivered excellent meals, no complaints. Thank you.10-Jun-2016 - 15-Jun-2016 Brenda K
Wow! what an amazing place. Everything looks amazing the staff is fantastic and so helpful and friendly. We had an amazing wedding here. All of our dreams come true. I hope we get to come back in a few years time. Thank you all so much!02-Jun-2016 - 07-Jun-2016 Jennifer L
Very nice place, spacious with amazing sea views31-Jul-2015 - 07-Aug-2015 France
Amazing site; with facilities that ensure total relaxation and enjoyment of the site. Real value (maybe they see the isolation as a price sensitive feature - yes that plus the site/facilities leads to the most impressive villa/relaxing stay. Wonderful staff. Ten out of ten.21-Apr-2015 - 24-Apr-2015 Justin Toebes
The villa itself is very nice. The territory is amazingly big and neat. The location is good: you can watch the ocean waves from allmost every point. Villa is quite new.30-Dec-2013 - 11-Jan-2014 irina B
Great Villa, Very clean, well manage, love the master bed room! Definitely will comeback :)10-Oct-2013 - 13-Oct-2013 Vonney T
nice staff, good cook, good housekeeping try to do the best to the guests, excellent arranged food(sugling pic),kids are well cared .25-Jul-2013 - 08-Aug-2013 Sandra Zimmermann Dr.
We stayed for 10 days and had an extremely relaxing and wonderful stay thanks to the precious service from Dewa and Dewi the great food of Kadet and the discret support of the whole team. It's really a pitty that the public beach is a bit messy but when beeing at the pool or garden your in your own fabulous world with gorgeous smelling Frangipani flowers and butterflies. It was a great holiday!25-May-2013 - 03-Jun-2013 Bjørn G
The villa is beautiful and well furnished with an open solution that gives you the feeling of being outside even as sitting inside. We also enjoyed lazy days by the big swimming pool.
The location is remote, and hence the car and
This was our second visit and we found the villa to be every bit as enjoyable as when we stayed here last April.Because it is well away from the main tourist areas Kailasha is peaceful and quiet with lovely gardens.The staff are friendly and happy to assist.06-Dec-2012 - 15-Dec-2012 John Bennett
We had a wonderful 6 nights stay at Villa Kailasha. The villa was beautiful and the staff outstanding. We look forward to returning on our next trip to Bali.05-Sep-2012 - 11-Sep-2012 EJ
We had a great time. The week just went too quickly for us all.
The staff could not be more attentive and hospitable - nothing was a problem for them and the food excellent.
Will definately be back!
If would be impossible not to find joy at Villa Kailasha.
This villa is very spacious and relaxing with large peaceful gardens and is in a lovely position with excellent sea views.The staff are efficient and friendly and the chef provides very good meals.One of the very best villas i have stayed in.21-Apr-2012 - 26-Apr-2012 John Bennett
Very nice (too short) stay at villa Kailasha.
The villa and great staff were over our expectations and we hope to come back again very soon.
Our family enjoyed Villa Kailasha immensely and we are looking forward to returning in the future. The staff led by Wayan were outstanding providing caring and personal service. Meals prepared by Kadek were wonderful with both Dawe and Dawa providing table service were fantastic. Our driver, Putu was so helpful and obliging, a careful driver and very professional. Our sincere thanks to all.22-Jan-2012 - 01-Feb-2012 stephen berry
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service