The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Kailasha means 'Paradise of the Gods' and this stunning three-bedroom villa certainly lives up to its name. Villa Kailasha rests upon an expansive beachside property in Bali's fertile Tabanan region. Offering a complete escape from the hustle and bustle of Bali's tourist traps, Villa Kailasha charms guests with classic architecture, stylish interiors, lush tropical gardens, modern and comfortable facilities and an extraordinary amount of private space, complemented by a full team of caring staff who will attend to every need. The five-star service is enhanced only by the stunning views of the Bali Strait and the glistening black-sand beach just beyond the garden wall. Guests can expect a relaxing, pampering and nurturing holiday at Villa Kailasha while being lulled to sleep by the soothing sound of the ocean waves.
The villa's comfortable living pavilion, a stand-alone dining pavilion and a separate dining terrace all stand open to the gentle trade winds and dramatic ocean views. With its series of single-storey pavilions leisurely spread across the breadth of a terraced coconut grove garden, its elegant interiors and its blend of modern, antique and Dutch-colonial-inspired furnishings, colourful fabrics and artwork, Villa Kailasha embraces contemporary-tropical style. The huge garden rolls down to a dazzling 14-metre infinity-edged swimming pool bordered by a stone and grass deck with an open-sided gazebo to one side, and spectacular views of the rugged surf beach and the ocean, which is a mere three minutes' walk from the villa's front gate.
A team of polite, thoughtful staff, including an in-house cook, are on hand to look after every need. Meanwhile, guests are free to escape to a secluded nook to read, rest and relax, or sip cocktails while gazing from the poolside gazebo at the orange glow of another glorious Bali sunset. Villa Kailasha is ideal for a family or a small group of friends, while its manicured lawns are perfect for weddings and other celebrations against the awesome backdrop of the sea.
Cool breezes, glorious views
Secluded bliss, away from it all
Privileged insight into local life
Did we mention the space!
"It was a pleasure to return back to Villa Kailasha after five years - meet people again who become more than staff but friends and feel that the villa is our small home. Thanks to everyone who took care about us. Thanks for amazing vacation we had there, hope we see everyone again."
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 11-Jun-2019.
- Fan-cooled open-air living pavilion rolls onto the garden featuring three distinct sitting areas, a large flat-screen TV and a partially sheltered stone terrace
- The dining pavilion is open from three sides under a soaring roof, cooled by ceiling fans, with two tables, which, together, seat ten people
- Separate alfresco dining area seating eight - perfect for a BBQ
- Self-contained ‘butler’ kitchen in addition to the main kitchen which is fully fitted with professional equipment
- 11,000 square metres of land featuring beautifully manicured terraced lawns
- Infinity-edge swimming pool bordered by grass and paving and furnished with sun loungers and umbrellas
- Poolside balé relaxation pavilion containing lounges, coffee table and chairs
- King-sized bed on a raised platform
- Beautiful views across garden and pool
- Glass doors leading directly into a private 6 x 4-metre plunge pool complete with thatched balé pavilion
- Large dressing area
- Large ensuite bathroom with a wide vanity, walk-in rain shower, bathtub, private garden and outdoor shower
- Satellite TV
- Air-conditioned and ceiling fan
- Two identical guest suites within a private, partially walled courtyard with ornamental pond
- King-sized beds
- Sliding louvre shutters over glass doors, marble floors and high roofs
- Air-conditioned and ceiling fans
- Satellite TV
- Dressing area
- Large ensuite bathroom with a wide twin vanity, walk-in rain shower, bathtub and private gardens
Villa Kailasha is situated a mere three-minute-stroll from Kelating Beach with its sparkling black sands and sweeping coastline views. The neighbourhood is the small Balinese village of Dukuh, which is bordered by rice fields for almost as far as the eye can see. A long way out of town, there are no restaurants, bars or shops here apart from the five-star Alila Villas Soori (300m) with its fine-dining restaurant and alfresco bar serving beachfront cocktails – especially good at sunset. The lonely beach and river estuary offers beautiful walks, and local temple ceremonies are a common sight; this stretch of coastline is popular with surfers but there are strong rip currents and no lifeguards so it is unsafe for swimming.
Things to do
Villa Kailasha’s manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area; many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Hiking and trekking in Bali’s volcanic hinterlands gives visitors the opportunity to relish some spectacular views; the 2276-metre Mount Batukau is the island’s second highest peak, and the area around this mountain boasts the greatest biological diversity in Bali. Here, local guides lead visitors on anything from gentle hikes through the food forests and jungle, to challenging treks.
- Visit the breathtaking panorama of the Jatiluwih rice terraces (36km), which has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2008 for its preservation of traditional Balinese farming techniques. At a height of 850 metres above sea level, the view here is one of the finest imaginable.
- Horse riding can be arranged at a stables located at the village of Yeh Gangga (5km). The scenery is lovely in this peaceful village, where rice farming, fishing and sea salt harvesting are the main activities. One of the rides offers an opportunity to swim in the sea with the horses.
- Discover the charming Tabanan regency with its terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head northeast to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Explore Bali on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
- With its warm seas, an almost year round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks, and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world renowned, and at Villa Kailasha the ocean is right on your doorstep. This stretch of coast, however, is only recommended for experienced surfers.
- There are many ancient temples in the environs including Pura Luhur Batukau, the stone coconut temple (29km) near the peak of Mount Batukau, (accessible by car), which venerates the deities of mountains and lakes. In addition, two royal palaces are within easy reach of Villa Kailasha: Puri Gede and Puri Anyar at the royal town of Krambitan (5km).
- Make a pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot (15km), one of Bali’s greatest, and most photographed, sea temples. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient temple is best savoured at sunset (although less busy during the day). If the tide is low, be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests and have a look at the holy snake.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions