Villa Atas Ombak
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Villa Atas Ombak is simply extraordinary: the very essence of Bali has been distilled into a single spectacular beachfront estate on Bali’s south-west coast, attracting young groups looking to party, as well as the headlines of the world’s best lifestyle magazines.
As a luxury destination villa and sought-after wedding venue, five-bedroom Villa Atas Ombak is unrivalled. Could any other villa come close to matching the infusion of island spirit and international standards in such a spell-binding beachfront location? With the best of both Seminyak and Canggu at its doorstep, this is the perfect holiday home for those visiting Bali to enjoy its nightlife and beach club culture. Villa Atas Ombak – literally ‘villa on top of the waves’ – is named after the white-crested waves that crash onto the beach just beyond the immaculate garden. Guests enjoy over 100 metres of direct beach access, and the 14-metre swimming pool is mere steps from the sand.
Set between the pool and the main villa building is an enchanting, open-sided, alang-alang thatched living and entertainment space – the villa’s social heart. Across lotus ponds, the two-storey main building houses the dining room, media room, two guest bedrooms and the master suite with its private garden plunge pool. The two ‘Ocean’ bedrooms occupy a delightfully private pavilion to the far side of the grounds, close to the beach. All of the rooms are majestic, elegantly furnished and oriented for those magnificent ocean views.
And what of the service? Exemplary, of course – the spirit of Villa Atas Ombak is reflected in the helpful and warm staff whose professionalism and training are evident in the balance they achieve between anticipating every whim and otherwise being invisible. Key to the team is the accomplished chef, who whips up astonishing meals from a suggestion menu, or according to special requests, and take care of all the provisioning (extra charge).
While the newly opened Café del Mar is right behind the villa across a small river, Tropicola Beach Club is a beach stroll away, as are the celebrated hotspots of Potato Head Beach Club and W Bali. With the charms of Seminyak not much further, it’s understandable why so many guests favour Villa Atas Ombak as their holiday home.
Wonderful wedding venue
Sunsets over the sea
Close to nightlife and beach clubs
"Thank you so much for making our special day so memorable. Your service was impeccable going above and beyond throughout our stay. The food was delicious, especially the Balinese chicken and satay. We look forward to coming back to celebrate many anniversaries ahead."
Real time availability
Plan & Save 25%
Plan & Save 25%
Book at least 90 days ahead of your stay and enjoy 25% discount on stays until 25 June 2020 - excluding high season dates.
Terms and conditions:- Only valid for new bookings received from 4 November 2019 until 29 February 2020.- Must book at least 90 days prior to the arrival date.- Applicable for stays concluded before 25 June 2020, excluding high season dates.- Not valid with any other discounts or offers.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 04-Jan-2020.
|Period||Price per night (USD)||10+ nights (USD)||Min stay||Inclusions|
|20-Oct-2019 to 14-Dec-2019||1,870 ++||1,590 ++||3 nights|
|15-Dec-2019 to 25-Dec-2019||2,990 ++||2,691 ++||4 nights|
|26-Dec-2019 to 04-Jan-2020||3,350 ++||3,183 ++||5 nights|
- Large, partially open air dining area with antique 12-seater wooden dining table and ocean views
- TV room with plasma screen Satellite TV/ DVD player, sofas and loveseats
- Modern kitchen adjoining dining room, equipped to restaurant standard
- Spacious, Balinese-style, open-sided pavilion with lounge suite, daybeds and table for four, overlooking the beach
- Absolute beach frontage
- Large marine coloured swimming pool facing directly onto the beach with sun loungers and thatched pool pavilion
- One and a half acres of tropical gardens
- Three ancient Hindu temples amidst the gardens
Master Suite Bedroom
- Large and luxurious space
- King-sized bed
- Modern art work adorning the walls
- Open air bathroom with sunken tub
- Private plunge pool
- Air conditioned
Main House Guest Bedrooms
- Two guest bedrooms are situated in the main house, one on the ground floor, one on the first floor
- Private terraces
- Dressing areas
- Open air bathrooms
- Air conditioned
- Two ocean-facing rooms are situated off to one side of the property
- Close to the beach
- Air conditioned
- Large windows offering panoramic views
- Open air bathrooms
- Outside lounge areas
Villa Atas Ombak’s location is second to none, with 100 metres of absolute beachfront and stunning ocean views from every corner of the estate. The villa’s privacy is protected by an acre and a half of mature gardens (bordered by the beach and a small river), but only steps away are the wild expanses of black-sand beaches that stretch to the horizon in either direction. Across the river at the back is the newly opened popular beach club, Café del Mar. A pleasant stroll along the beach to the left brings you to Bali’s famous hotspots like W Hotel, Potato Head, La Lucciola and Ku De Ta, and only four kilometres away are the many boutiques, bars and restaurants of Seminyak.
Things to doVilla Atas Ombak’s manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- It's possible to walk the sands of Seminyak's Petitenget beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beachside bars.
- Sports enthusiasts should head to Bali’s prestigious Finns Recreation Club, with its state-of-the-art gym and tennis and squash courts. Round off your workout with some fine international dining, then stock up on gourmet goodies at the nearby Canggu Deli.
- Be sure to visit mystical Hotel Tugu Bali at Canggu Beach. Bali’s first museum hotel is studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques and its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. If you’re planning a honeymoon, this makes a wonderful first night venue.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Make the de rigueur pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset but is less busy in the mornings; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu priests.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Sardine and Métis.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Explore Bali's backroads, lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world renowned. There are surf schools aplenty in the Seminyak/Kuta area, so why not sign up for a course and learn how to ride the waves?
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
- Groove to the music and soak up Ibiza’s party vibes at the newly opened Café del Mar. Literally across the river behind Villa Atas Ombak, it is a short walk away via the bridge. Its 10,000sqm beachfront pool club just may be where you choose to spend your evenings every single day.
- Enjoy sundowners or an evening meal at La Laguna, a restaurant and bar entirely made out of driftwood. This is probably the most romantic spot you’ll find on the island, with magical sunset views over the lagoon and the beach.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions