The Pala Ubud - Villa Catur
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Compact and self-sufficient, one-bedroom Villa Catur is perfect for a couple seeking a jungle stay in charming Ubud. Located within The Pala estate, 6km from the centre of Ubud, the villa offers peaceful holidays amidst stunning nature.
Wooden doors with carvings open up to a large living room with green views through the glass windows at the far end. A round dining table seating four sits on the left, flanked by a small pantry with a refrigerator and a coffee machine. Cosy up for movie nights on the sofas in the living room facing a flat-screen television or head straight out towards the pool deck, located on the same level.
A gorgeous infinity pool with jungle views commands the outdoors, where you can choose to catch a tan on the sun lounger or sip a beverage under the covered gazebo. Winding stairs take you up to the rooftop terrace. You will love the views from up here. Much like the terrace at Villa Batur, this is also a great venue for small celebratory dinners or special occasions.
Sink into the king-sized bed in the bedroom, and wake up to calming green views every morning. The ensuite bathroom offers you the indulgence of a bathtub as well as an outdoor shower. With plenty of storage space, you can settle in for a while and let yourself ease into the slower pace of Balinese life.
The villa is taken care of by housekeeping staff and meals are a splendid affair at the estate’s restaurant. If you choose to eat in your pyjamas, you can always request the staff to arrange an in-villa breakfast so that you don’t need to get dressed early in the morning.
The Pala offers a range of accommodation options including two-bedroom Villa Batur next door, the four-bedroom Villa Seraya which can be rented as two separate two-bedroom units, and the flagship five-bedroom Villa Agung. Rented together, The Pala is a great venue for events, wellness retreats, corporate get-togethers, weddings and family reunions.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
The Pala is built into half a hillside, going down to hug a rushing river meandering through the lush jungles. The estate’s intrigue is heightened by its hidden location, allowing you to be one with nature, while the charms of Ubud are mere minutes away.
The Pala is located 6km from the centre of Ubud where you will find the Ubud Palace, the venue for daily dance performances that you must not miss. The 15-minute journey into town gives you a short tour of Ubud’s lush hillsides, with many waterfalls, hiking trails and picturesque spots nearby.
Walking distance from The Pala, you will discover an ancient, 11th-century temple called Goa Garba, accessed via a steep flight of stairs, and a sacred water spring. A quiet spot, far from the tourist trail, you feel like you’re on the set of an Indiana Jones movie amidst these photogenic ruins.More information for Things to do
The staff lives locally and offers a wealth of information on what to do in and around The Pala. Though Ubud beckons with all its charms, you will be hard pressed to leave the estate, given how many exciting activities are lined up for you at The Pala. Here’s a glimpse:
Activities at the estate
- Get acquainted with nature and book a Rice Farming Experience. During harvest time, you can help harvest the crop or else plant rice crops under close supervision of the paddy in-charge.
- River activities such as fishing, canoeing, tubing and more allow your family to have a whale of a time in the great outdoors.
- Steps take you down to the riverside lawn, the perfect spot for picnics or bonfire evenings which can be set-up on request.
- Take part in a Balinese Cooking Class wherein you can learn how to make some of your favourite local dishes.
- Better still, book a Vegetable and Fruit Farm Tour within the estate. Pluck your own fruits and vegetables and then use these ingredients to cook up some amazing dishes.
- Kids’ Activities such as feeding chickens, ducks and fish can be arranged. Children love to engage with farm animals and they will have a wonderful time interacting with the estate pets.
- Book a Balinese Offering Making session and transform leaves, flowers and fruits from the garden into delightful offering baskets for the local temples.
- Water Purification Ritual at the nearby Goa Garba Shrine can be a part of your wellness activities or simply one you partake in out of curiosity.
Outside the estate
- Escape the afternoon heat and watch the antics of the long-tailed macaque monkeys at Ubud’s Sacred Monkey Forest. And mind your belongings, these monkeys are skilled pick-pockets!
- No visit to Ubud is complete without seeing at least one traditional dance performance. This is a great opportunity to see classic Hindu legends being told through dancers in colourful, Balinese costumes.
- The many spas and meditation centres of Ubud offer a wide range of eastern and western therapies from reiki to acupuncture, and yoga to herbal scrubs.
- In March, Ubud hosts the Bali Spirit Festival of Yoga, Dance and World Music. Five days of yoga and music workshops, three nights of inspirational world music.
- See some of Bali’s best scenery on a daytrip to volcanic Mount Batur. The largest crater lake in Bali fills part of Mount Batur’s caldera while small villages cling to the rim. The views from the nearby village of Penelokan are well worth making the trip.
- Soar above the spectacular southern coastline of Bali on a paraglider. Paragliding courses, tandem and solo flights are available.
- Tour the Karangasem Palace at Amlapura, visited for its unique combination of Balinese, Chinese and European architecture.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Contemporary interiors with concrete floors and whitewashed wood furniture
- Large living area that combines dining, living and a small pantry
- Well-equipped pantry near the entrance, with a refrigerator and coffee machine
- Round dining table with four chairs where you can enjoy an in-villa breakfast
- White sofas facing a flat-screen television to catch up on the latest
- Large windows on two sides, letting the outdoors in
- Built on a single level, including the outdoor pool
- An infinity pool with jungle views, and the background score of the gushing river below
- A pool lounger for you to catch a tan
- Covered gazebo on the other side of the pool with seating
- A rooftop terrace, perfect for small parties or celebration dinners
- Large king-sized bed facing jungle views beyond the pool deck
- Large painting behind the bed and glass doors on one side framing plants and pebbles
- Bedside lamps for reading and a writing desk
- Split air-conditioner to keep the room cool
- An open-style bathroom at the back, ideally for honeymooners
- Outdoor tropical shower as well as an indoor shower and a bathtub
- Ample wardrobe space, a safe and a laundry basket
- Large windows on two sides of the room, with green views beyond the pool
The Pala takes care of all its guests and promises delicious dining throughout your stay. Enjoy the complimentary breakfast served either in your villa, or up at the estate’s Hura Restaurant. The extensive spread may include tropical fruits, fresh juices, baked breads, eggs to order and accompaniments such as sausages and sauteed spinach.
For lunch and dinner, if you choose not to step out to Ubud main town to try one of the many exotic restaurants nearby, you can dine in the restaurant on a variety of fare. From Indonesian classics like rendang, to western comfort food such as pasta or even Indian chicken curries, there’s something to please all palates. Vegetarian or vegan diners are also well taken care of.
For an extraordinary experience, you can request a farm-to-table dining experience. The experience starts with a walk in the estate’s vegetable and fruit garden, where the guide will encourage you to harvest some fresh vegetables and fruits. These can then be crafted into a delicious meal, served either at the Hura Restaurant or in the middle of the farm on a celebratory table setting created especially for your meal.
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service