The Layar - one bedroom villa
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
If you’re seeking that elusive fusion of high-tech architecture, cool design aesthetic and hot location, The Layar is sure to set your pulse racing.
Seminyak’s brightest new star, The Layar features distinctive pitched roofs that taper dramatically to the ground like the triangular rigging of traditional fishing boats – hence the nautically inspired name (Layar is Indonesian for sails). These steeply sloping geometric roof planes combine with curved and angled walls to create exciting light-filled split-level open spaces that flow seamlessly across the pool into the garden. This is truly open-plan tropical living at its best!
The Layar is run as a boutique hotel, with staff taking care of 23 villas – each set in its very own garden in an elevated setting that creates a sense of openness and space that’s rare in this most popular of Bali’s resort areas. While each villa has a well-equipped kitchen, there’s an excellent room service menu, and guests can also book a chef for a sumptuous poolside seafood barbecue or opt to dine at the fabulous Italian Restaurant, Settimo Cielo perched at the front of the estate.
Careful thought has been given to the romantic living areas at each of The Layar’s one-bedroom villas, resulting in a wonderful sense of space, openness and flow that couples will appreciate. Relaxation comes easy courtesy of custom-designed teakwood sofas, loungers on the pool deck and a tiered shallow section of the pool just made for lazing in the sun. The large, light-filled bedroom features a king-size bed, stylish seating area and sliding doors to the pool deck. In the ensuite garden bathroom is a foliage-fringed shower and a decadently statuesque stone bathtub.
With its dynamic design, five-star service and stand-out location, The Layar will appeal to design-savvy families and groups of friends who appreciate the privacy and luxury of their own villa while relishing the accessibility of Bali’s best restaurants, bars, shops and surf breaks just a short stroll away.
Should this villa not be available, please go to the owner's website www.thelayar.com where you can view the availability of three more similar one bedroom villas which may suit.
Enviable central Seminyak location
Colourful, mature gardens
Masses of space – outside and in
Wonderful, homely feel
"Loved the villa - everything was superb Thank you."
Rates and Real time availability
Travel less, stay longer & save more
Travel less, stay longer & save moreBook and stay anytime from 25 May until 24 December 2020 and enjoy up to 65% off your own private villa. In addition to this, stay for 7 nights and pay for 5 nights. Enjoy up to 50% off on villa rates for low season dates for stays from 25 December 2020 to 31 March 2021. Includes continental breakfast served in-villa.Special monthly rates start from USD 1,000 net for a 1 bedroom villa; USD 1,750 net for a 2 bedroom villa; and USD 2,500 net for a 3 bedroom villa, enquire at email@example.com for further details.We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario. So should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund of the amount paid or a credit for the amount paid that can be used within 12 months of your check-in date, in the same villa, subject to availability.Terms & conditions:- Up to 65% off and Stay 7 pay 5: valid for new bookings received from 14 May 2020 onwards, for stays from 25 May until 24 December 2020.- Complimentary 6th and 7th night with every 5 consecutive paid nights.- Up to 50% off: valid for new bookings received from 21 September 2020 onwards, for stays from 25 December 2020 to 31 March 2021.- Housekeeping service 3 times a week- No room service available- Daily continental breakfast for the number of guests staying at the villa- Monthly rates do not include breakfast.- May not be combined with other discounts and/or special offers- Minimum night requirements apply
Stay and Win
Stay and Win
Book by 31 December 2020 for stays from 1 January to 31 March 2021 and you will be added into the prize draw to win the same holiday over the same dates in 2022, plus a complimentary in-villa BBQ for all guests. For those booking the one, two or three bedroom villa, win a free upgrade to a bigger villa. For those booking the four bedroom villa, win a free additional two bedroom villa. Post on Instagram during your stay with us and tag/follow @the_layar and @elitehavens to increase your chances to win. Good luck!
Terms and conditions:- All stays from 1 January to 31 March 2021 are entered into the prize draw to win the same villa accommodation over the same dates in 2022- All free stays and villa upgrades are subject to availability- One stay will be randomly selected to win
- One-time in-villa BBQ per stay for the number of guests staying at the villa, excluding alcoholic beverages- Only for new bookings received from 21 September to 31 December 2020- Minimum night requirements apply
- The property’s availability is subject to change- May be combined with other discounts and/or special offers
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 90 days in advance.*
- King-size bed
- Satellite TV with DVD/CD player
- Stylish seating area
- Window onto courtyard and sliding doors to pool deck
- Decadent bathroom with twin vanity and foliage-fringed shower
- Stone bathtub in huge pebbled-filled courtyard garden
The Layar is an exclusive residential enclave set well back from a quiet road a short stroll from Jalan Laksmana, Seminyak’s culinary and fashion epi-centre. Bali’s best-known restaurants are all within easy walking distance, as are boutiques, galleries, gourmet shops and homeware stores. And mere moments away is the sweep of sandy Petitenget Beach, famed for its surf breaks and sunset bars.
Things to do
Staff at The Layar will have a wealth of information about places of interest, both locally and island-wide, and will be happy to help arrange transport and make any restaurant reservations or tour bookings. Many of the team will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of The Layar.
- You could eat out at a different restaurant in Seminyak every night – for months – and still not run out of options. Jalan Laksmana (also known as Jalan Oberoi and Jalan Kayu Aya) is Bali’s fashionable ‘Eat Street’, offering plenty of high-end restaurants including Sarong and Nutmegs at Hu’u Bar. La Lucciola Restaurant is great for sunset drinks, as is The Breeze at The Samaya. While Ku Dé Ta is still the place to see and be seen, two new beachclubs, Cocoon and Potato Head, are classy seaside alternatives. Then there’s La Plancha, a rustic beach bar between Double Six and Gado Gado, very popular, good tapas, very reasonably priced drinks, with live music and DJ events. A short taxi ride will bring you to Sardine, Métis and Naughty Nuri's, famous for barbecue ribs and wicked Martinis.
- Shop til you drop! In Seminyak and neighbouring Kerobokan you can rummage for treasures through cluttered little stores and dark junkshops crammed to the ceiling with curios and made-to-order ‘antiques’, derive inspiration from classy homeware shops, or wander through huge furniture warehouses. In Jalan Laksmana (Eat Street) you can shop between courses! Boutiques include Paul Ropp, Biasa, Magali Pascal, Anouck, Lily Jean, Bamboo Blond, Dinda Rella, Innuendo, Religion, Body & Soul, Buddha Wear, M. Harcourt, Pura Vida, and Uma & Leopold to name but a few. Kids fashion stores include Kidsagogo and Kiki’s Closet. For art lovers, galleries worth visiting in Seminyak include Randelli Gallery, Biasa and Kendra.
- It’s possible to walk the sands of Seminyak’s Petitenget beach all the way to Kuta in the south, or north to Canggu. The beach is more popular with locals than tourists (not safe for swimming in most sections), but is a great spot for building sandcastles or to watch the sunset as you sip a cocktail from one of the many beachside bars.
- Pura Petitenget at the beachside off Jalan Petitenget is a compact, pretty Balinese temple, which is known for particularly spectacular beachside ceremonies. There has been a temple here since at least the 16th century, and although this is not one of the key nine directional temples of Bali, it is an important link in the series of west coast temples between Pura Uluwatu and Pura Tanah Lot.
- Make a pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests (and watch out for the monkeys, who are very adept at helping themselves to anything from snacks to sunglasses and even cameras!)
- Play a round of golf at the well-laid out 18-hole Bali Beach Golf Course or go further afield to Kuta for the 85-hectare New Kuta Golf for a natural desert-like landscape and fantastic view.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round surf season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks, and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world-renowned.
- Hire a bicycle and explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Discover Bali’s lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (8)
Jenni O, Australia, 05-Dec-2016 - 10-Dec-2016Loved the villa - everything was superb Thank you.
Kate F, Australia, 11-Apr-2016 - 16-Apr-2016Absolutely stunning villa. Felt like a newly developed villa complex. Lots of privacy and short stroll to the main Seminyak shops. Also was very impressed with the buggy service into town.
Mr. Naresh S, , 09-Jan-2016 - 12-Jan-2016It's a gorgeous villa in great location of Seminyak eventhough it's not on the beachfront. The design is so unique. We had a wonderful stay here.
Yuxuan Si, China, 18-Oct-2015 - 20-Oct-2015Lovely staff lovely villas, surely will come again
Peter W, Netherlands, 15-Nov-2014 - 19-Nov-2014I stayed in the Layar for 4 nights and had an absolute fabulous time. The service and quality of the villa I stayed in was unmatched with any other hotel or villa I stayed in.
Jess D, Australia, 21-Oct-2014 - 31-Oct-2014Great Location - nice big spacious villa for a couple
Brooke / Michael and Erica Wedding, Australia, 10-Oct-2014 - 14-Oct-2014Staff were incredible! for the second part of my trip I booked another villa and ended up cancelling and coming back as the Layar was so great!Highly recommend.
Wolfgang K, China, 03-Apr-2014 - 07-Apr-2014Perfect place to relax. Very friendly and service oriented stuff. Recommendable!
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions