Sekka Ni 1
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Modern one-bed studio apartment Sekka Ni 1 perfectly suits friends or a couple looking for a cosy home to return to after a day of skiing, rafting or playing golf. Located in Hirafu, the beating heart of Niseko, the area has fast become one of Japan’s most coveted holiday destinations. Yet, despite its stellar rise as a world-class mountain resort, Hirafu village has kept its charming laid-back vibe.
Part of the Sekka Ni Chalet, it can be combined with the one-bed studio apartment Sekka Ni 2 and/or two-bedroom apartment Sekka Ni 3 which are both located in the same building.
Apartment Sekka Ni 1’s living and sleeping area is bright and airy. It includes a comfortable queen-size bed which, combined with the fresh mountain air this area is so well-known for, will provide you with an awesome night’s sleep.
Fitted with a large bathroom which has a shower and a bathtub – fantastic for soaking those tired muscles after a long day outdoors – Apartment Sekka Ni 1 is also furnished with a well-equipped kitchenette which can be closed off from the lounge with a sliding partition.
Not that you’ll need to worry about cooking of course. Although located on a quiet road, the apartment is a mere stone’s throw from some of Hirafu’s best restaurants and bars. From casual eateries to Michelin-star dining, and from quirky bars to late-night DJ sets, you’re never far away from the village’s famed après-ski activities.
Thanks to its convenient location, stylish simplicity, and great amenities, Sekka Ni 1 is a delightful base to explore Hirafu from, both in winter and in summer.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Sekka Ni 1 is located in Hirafu’s middle village, close to some of its best eateries, including Rin Japanese Restaurant and Niseko’s Yummy Pizza – excellent choices when all that outdoor activity has you craving for some necessary carbs.
Don’t let heavy snowfall deter you from having a good time. Many of Hirafu’s pavements are heated which means you’ll be able to reach your destination ‘slip and slide’-free. There’s an excellent range of evening entertainment venues in the village, from the quirky Bar Gyu with its exceptional range of rare Japanese whiskies, to live music and late-night DJ sets at Wild Bill’s.
After a long day in the great outdoors, there’s no better way to relax than by visiting one of the many thermal spas or ‘onsen’. Sekka Ni 1 is close to Hotel Hirafutei Onsen and Hotel Alpen Onsen – both renowned for their beautiful facilities and excellent rejuvenation treatments.
The apartment is also a ten-minute walk or a short drive from the Grand Hirafu ski gondola which gives you access to some of the area’s steepest slopes and also caters well to beginners. Simply call one of our on-call drivers to drive you there in the morning and pick you up again in the afternoon.More information for Things to do
Our Concierge team is on-hand to give you all the local information you need. They can also make restaurant reservations for you or help rent sports equipment as well as arrange ski lift passes. With our competent team at your service, leave all your worries behind. Though the area has a plethora of activities, here are our top choices for things to do in Niseko, regardless of the season you visit:All year round
- Hokkaido’s produce is renowned throughout the world and thus it is no wonder that Niseko has a thriving food scene. Meat lovers will appreciate the rare Kobe beef at Steak Rosso Rosso, and if you prefer seafood, we suggest trying out some of Hokkaido’s freshest catch at Ezo’s. A visit to one of Hirafu's two most famous restaurants – Kamimura and Ichimura, both serving exceptional fine Japanese dining, should also be on your checklist.
- For a bespoke elevated dining experience, Niseko Gourmet can arrange for a special meal to be cooked in your own chalet by one of Japan’s finest chefs. From a traditional sushi bar to an intimate sukiyaki meal, this is indulgence to the next level. Gourmet food delivery and grocery shopping are also offered in case you prefer to self-cater.
- Hirafu has steadily built a reputation as one of Hokkaido's prime health and wellness resorts. Relax those sore muscles in Hotel Niseko Alpen's volcanic hot spring (or 'onsen') – a popular choice due to its stunning mountain views, 25-metre pool and high-tech infrared light stone sauna. Japanese custom requires that you enter the gender-specific onsen without any clothes on, not even a swimsuit.
- For a night out around town, we suggest sampling rare Japanese whiskies at Bar Gyu or the vast selection of Japanese craft beers at Mick's. If you still have energy left, be sure to check out Wild Bill's for live music and late-night DJ sets.
- Explore some of the area's local museums on a rainy afternoon. The architecturally striking Shu Ogawara Museum of Art in nearby Kutchan is an ode to one of Hokkaido's most famous painters. With its display of colourful art pieces by the artist himself, as well as its seasonal exhibits and regular classical concerts, it is well-worth a visit any time of the year. Located right opposite the Museum of Art is the Kutchan Natural History Museum which hosts fascinating exhibits about the local fauna and the area's rich local history.
- Hokkaido has many festivals around the year and it is a great way to immerse yourself in the culture of the country. From Jaga Matsuri to Niseko Fireworks Festival, there’s plenty to choose from. Make sure you check the festival calendar for your vacation dates.
- The property is located one kilometre from the Grand Hirafu Gondola which gives you access to some of the area's steepest slopes, as well as some great beginner runs. A complimentary shuttle service is offered during winter from your doorstep to the gondola. From the gondola, there are other free shuttle buses that will take you to any of the other Niseko resorts.
- Whether you're a first-timer trying to familiarise yourself with a pair of skis or an accomplished snowboarder trying to perfect your turns, the Niseko Grand Hirafu Snow School has a wide range of lessons and programmes available which cater to all levels.
- Driving a snow mobile is an exhilarating way to explore Hirafu's incredible scenery. From adventurous guided tours speeding down forested trails, to skidding along the snow on a banana boat, there are plenty of options available for safe and exciting family fun.
- Kids love tobogganning and tubing down the slopes. Indulge them at Kids Land Annupuri, Niseko Kids at Niseko Village or Hirafu Alpen Kids Park and Zoo, which also has a mini-zoo with penguins, rabbits and llamas.
- For those slightly more adventurous we can recommend Niseko's specialist mountain guides. Highly trained in rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering and off-piste skiing, their incredible knowledge and understanding of the local terrain will provide you with an unforgettable experience of the area's wild backcountry in the safest possible way.
- Regularly hosting Japan's largest cycling race – the 'Tour de Hokkaido' – Hirafu is a much-loved cycling destination thanks to its stunning landscape, comfortable summers, excellent cycling facilities and wide variety of cycling trails which cater to all skill levels.
- Come spring, the snowmelt raises the water levels of the Shiribetsu River by almost two metres, making it ideal for white water rafting. A 12 km-long course runs from Hirafu Station to Niseko Station across Japan's cleanest river. Although it will take you past a number of exciting challenges, the course is easy enough to navigate while enjoying the valley's stunning beauty.
- With its elevated rope courses, zip-lines, free-fall platforms, bouncy slides and horse rides, the recreational park PURE provides a wonderful day-out for children and adults of all ages.
- The 18-hole, 73 par Niseko Village Golf Course is considered the jewel in the crown of Hokkaido's golf scene, thanks to its excellent facilities and the area's dry and pleasant summers. With the photogenic Mount Yotei in the background, we really can't think of a better place for practicing your shots or improving your handicap.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
Shake off the stress of holiday planning. Let the Elite Concierge take care of all your bookings and arrangements, from transport, tours and restaurant reservations, to any special requests for your arrival. We’re here to make your holiday experience extraordinary.
This chalet features:
- Spacious living and sleeping area with stunning views of Mount Yotei
- Comfortable queen-size bed
- Large bathroom with shower and bathtub
- Well-equipped modern kitchenette that can be closed off with a partition
- Dining table for two
- Secure and heated dry room for skis and other outdoor equipment
- Barbecue (extra)
- On-call driver to and from locations in the village and the Grand Hirafu ski gondola
- Can be combined with the one-bed studio apartment Sekka Ni 2 and/or two-bedroom Sekka Ni 3
- Features 1 bedroom with a queen-size bed
- Fully equipped with a 32-inch Smart TV with Apple TV
Each elite haven in Niseko is self-catering. Our partner, Niseko Gourmet offers provisioning services wherein handpicked Hokkaido produce will be brought to your doorstep, along with all the groceries you need.
However, a day on the slopes can get tiring. If you’re not in the mood to cook, why not order in a gourmet meal? Choose from Niseko Gourmet’s tempting menu and enjoy delicious food in the comfort of your living room. For an indulgent experience, ask our Concierge to set up a Niseko Gourmet dinner in your chalet.
If you feel like heading out, you’ll be spoilt for choice with some of the best restaurants in the area a stone’s throw away. Niseko has a flourishing food scene, with exciting bars, smart eateries and even some fabulous food trucks for a quick bite. Our Concierge will be happy to offer guidance about the best places to eat around your chalet, depending on your personal preferences. They can also make reservations on your behalf, if availability permits.Visit Niseko Gourmet
This place is an awesome stay for us, especially it is very close to lots of good restaurants and bars. Recommend Bar Gyu (must try, Rita sour!), Rin. Will come back!01-Mar-2023 - 05-Mar-2023 Myles B
I just wanted to thank you for your impeccable service during our stay at Hirafu. You were incredibly efficient, friendly, helpful & easy to deal with. You definitely enhanced our trip by making it extra easygoing. All the best.16-Jan-2023 - 23-Jan-2023 Kasper R
The help from the staff at elite havens was tremendous. From check-in, when Alice drove us to and from our previous accommodation to grab our stuff, to the check-out courtesy ride to the welcome centre, the stay was as easy as could be! Great staff at Elite Havens, everyone was very helpful and nice :)21-Feb-2020 - 27-Feb-2020 Victor H
Our stay at Sekka Ni 1 was amazing! The property has Elite Havens drivers that can take you to the Hirafu lifts each day and they even helped with transportation to and from the property. We were a short walk away from many restaurants and the main part of town. We were also provided a package of breakfast food for a few days. This is the perfect spot for a couple to stay!04-Feb-2020 - 10-Feb-2020 Alana E
We had a wonderful time! Thank you for the stay! The service from the Elite Havens pick up/ drop off team was lovely! Location was central and easy to get to places on foot.28-Dec-2019 - 07-Jan-2020 Rachael T
Wonderful, cosy studio apartment in great location close to restaurants - good for a couple. Well equipped with a kitchen and washing machine - they even had some complimentary breakfast foods. Andrew was very generous to pick us up at Kutchan station on arrival and also take us to the coach for an early morning check out. Highly recommended.29-Nov-2019 - 02-Dec-2019 Chen Y
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service