Tawantok Beach Villas
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Soft white sand, the caress of the sun, warm, glittering blue sea dotted with islands, two opulent infinity-edge pools and two stunning villas from which to enjoy it all.
What more could a person want? Ah, tropical sunsets? Tawantok Beach Villas on Lipa Noi Beach, Koh Samui, have those, too. In fact, that’s what tawantok means – “sunset”.
These two wonderful Samui villas – adjacent mirror-image twins – evoke the era, not long ago, when all homes in Thailand, no matter how grand, were built in timber, and craftsmanship was at a zenith.
All rooms, from the stunning master suites to the lounge and dining pavilions, sit beneath traditionally elegant Thai roofs. Most of the walls are glass, opening to the garden and letting in the astonishing ocean view.
Together, the villas offer 10 bedrooms – two master suites with mezzanine bedrooms above (making ideal family suites), and behind them eight guest rooms. With extra beds, up to 26 guests can be comfortably accommodated.
The living-and-dining areas, with their large rustic tables and sink-into-a-reverie sofas, are centres for relaxed socialising. And if you prefer open air tropical lounging and dining, there are two spacious salas next to the sea.
The staff – villa manager, chef and housekeepers – seem to know what you want before you even realise you want it.
For more energetic guests, the villas share a beautifully maintained tennis court, and are equipped with kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, beach volleyball and goals for beach football.
The villas are perfect for families, with children of all ages catered for. Then there’s the rest of Samui to explore – if you can ever tear yourself away from these delightful Lipa Noi villas.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Tawantok Beach Villas are twin absolute beachfront villas on Koh Samui's loveliest yet quietest beach, Lipa Noi. These Samui villas look out west across the Gulf of Siam, with a huge ocean view dotted with islands. They are six minutes from the nearest town, Nathon (good for easy, basic shopping) and 50 minutes from Chaweng, the island’s nexus for shopping, dining and nightlife. Lipa Noi is 50 minutes drive from Koh Samui airport, while the jetty for the mainland car ferry is 13 minutes away.More information for Things to do
Koh Samui is not a big island – it’s just under 230 square kilometres, and much of that is still pristine forest-covered hillside – but it offers a wealth of fun and interesting things to do. Let your villa manager know what sort of activities you’re interested in and he or she will help guide your choices and can also arrange transport to take you there.
In the meantime, to whet your appetite, here are some suggestions.
- Dusit Deva Cultural Centre is a slightly eccentric garden filled with creatures from Buddhist and Hindu myths. Kids will love it.
- Koh Samui has two golf courses; Santiburi (18 holes and really distracting ocean views), and Bophut Hills (nine holes).
- Treat the family to Sunday Brunch by the pool at the internationally famed Nikki Beach Club, just a few minutes away along the beach.
- Visit nearby Nathon Walking Street Night Market on Thursdays or the bigger Fisherman’s Village Night Market in Bophut on Fridays.
- Go island hopping! The Ang Thong National Marine Park encompasses a cluster of islands – the ones you can see from Tawantok Beach Villas. The heavily jungled islands are carefully controlled to keep them in pristine natural condition. A trip to them is a must.
- There’s a kite surfing school on the beach at Nathon where you can rent a rig or learn how to do it.
- Regular Thai boxing tournaments are staged at the largest stadium on the island, the Petch Buncha near Chaweng. These are not tourist demo fights; they are the real thing.
- Samui has a number of spectacular waterfalls. We would recommend starting with the Namuang Falls. Take your bathing costume; there’s a very inviting pool at the base of the falls.
- Have an adventure atop Khao Pom mountain on ATVs or the zipline, or just gaze out at the scenery below from the viewpoint.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Tawantok Beach Villas comprises two mirror-image, absolute beachfront villas, connected by a gate in the boundary wall
- With the exception of the playrooms and mezzanine bedrooms, all accommodation is at ground level, arranged around pleasant gardens leading to the beachside pools
- Traditional Thai wooden architecture with a modern twist ensures the utmost in comfort and luxury
- Spacious dining areas in each villa, with huge wooden tables seating 12, and adjoining kitchens well-equipped for Thai and western cuisine
- Large living areas next to the dining areas, with wide sea views
- Children’s playrooms upstairs in each villa. Studies above the master suites
- Air conditioning throughout
- Lipa Noi Beach is just one step beyond the large infinity-edge pools
- Beautifully maintained tennis court
- Two beachside salas and barbecues for alfresco dining
- Pretty, well-maintained gardens with fragrant frangipani trees, bougainvillea and lotuses
- Parking space for four cars
- King-size beds with wide garden and ocean views
- Lounge areas and dressing rooms with capacious wardrobes, equipped with safes
- Ensuite bathrooms with rain shower and large bathtubs with sea views.
- Massage beds
- Air conditioning
- These rooms are accessed via spiral staircases from the master suites’ lounge areas
- Queen-size beds
- Bathrooms shared with master suites
- Air conditioning
- 6 with king-size beds and 2 with twin beds
- Large wardrobes with safes
- Ensuite bathrooms with indoor/outdoor showers and twin vanities
- Air conditioning
Tawantok Beach Villas’ chef is on hand throughout your stay to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner. The villa has an extensive menu of home-cooked dishes to choose from, ranging from Thai and other Asia cuisines to Western favourites, as well as children’s specials and vegetarian choices. Or, off-menu, the chef is always happy to cook up special requests.
Fish is bought from local fishermen who land their catches on the beach nearby, so it’s always super-fresh. And do try the villas’ signature Thai dish, Yam Som O (a pomelo-and-prawn salad). It’s really refreshing and very special.
Daily breakfast is included in the villa’s daily rate. Drinks, along with groceries for the other meals, are charged at market price plus a 20% handling fee and a government tax, with a minimum shopping fee of THB 750. Staff will do the shopping and provide receipts for reference. To ensure this can be done in a timely manner, we advise you to plan your meals the evening before.View a sample menu