The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A modern, designer beachfront villa on the scenic and peaceful south coast of Samui, Villa Thansamaay offers seven stylish double bedrooms and a stunning view of the sea and outlying islands. Open-plan living areas make it ideal for family holidays and larger groups of up to 14.
Set amid the rural coconut plantations of Laem Sor, this lovely, low-rise villa is a very private tropical paradise offering a relaxed holiday experience. The two-storey main house provides for spacious, air-conditioned living and three double bedrooms, all with a sea view.
From here the wide, lawned garden stretches right to the water’s edge, with a 7.5m swimming pool to one side, and opposite, two separate pavilions each with two double ensuite bedrooms facing the beach or garden.
At the centre of it all, a spacious, covered sala and outdoor dining terrace are the place for long lazy breakfasts, al fresco meals and poolside barbecues, or pre-dinner cocktails as you watch one of Samui’s epic south coast sunsets.
The villa is tastefully designed with cool, grey ceramic floors, rustic woven rugs, feature walls in muted shades of olive and taupe, and comfortable furnishings in warm textured fabrics. Bathrooms have light stone vanities and walk-in rain-showers. Throughout the villa, Asian-inspired paintings and artefacts add a splash of colour and a sense of place.
The villa is fully staffed with a villa manager and private chef to take care of everything, from menu planning and shopping, to arranging spa treatments and excursions, ensuring your holiday is a smooth and thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing experience.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Laem Sor Beach and its famous Laem Sor Pagoda is on the less developed south coast of the island which is an area of extreme natural beauty with its endless palm-fringed beaches and tidal-flats, and popular outlying islands of Koh Madsum and Koh Tean. Samui’s south-coast sunsets are legendary.
The villa is just a 45 minute drive to Samui International Airport and about the same to the main tourism areas of Chaweng and Bophut or Fisherman’s Village which are brimming with luxury hotels and resorts, chic beach clubs, restaurants, bars, night markets and a fantastic range of shopping and entertainment for all ages.
For golfers, the island’s main 18-hole course at Santiburi on the island’s north coast is about an hour’s drive. For boat trips to the Anthong National Marine Park and islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao, ferries leave from the north coast of the island which is about 45 minutes’ drive.
Ferries and small boats to the nearby islands of Koh Madsum and Koh Tean, and the Five Islands can be found just close to the villa at Thong Krut for a fantastic day on the water. The area also boasts several 5-star resorts including the Conrad Koh Samui, InterContinental Koh Samui, as well as the world-renowned health retreat Kamalaya.
The area is also known for its rustic, beachside bars and restaurants as well as several chic French and international restaurants and café serving international cuisine.More information for Things to do
Although Koh Samui is renowned for its palm-fringed beaches and crystal blue sea, the island has much to offer to visitors of all ages. Whether on a family holiday with little ones or teenagers, a group of friends looking for shared experiences, or those seeking the action of the island’s beach clubs and nightlife, Samui has something for you.
Your Villa Manager can make all the necessary arrangements for you to enjoy your chosen pursuits. Here are some suggestions:
Fisherman’s Village & Night Market l Every night of the week is the ‘Night Market’ or Walking Street at Fisherman’s Village, just 15 minutes away from your villa. Lined along the charming narrow beach road, traditional Thai wooden houses are now chic boutique stores, trendy restaurants and bars. As dusk falls, the village explodes into a riot of colour and activity as vendors from all over the island set up shop selling everything from Thai and international street food, to chic fashion, electronics and local souvenirs. And don’t miss the fire-eating entertainment every evening on the beach in front of Coco Tam.
Luxury Island Cruising | Charter a luxury catamaran for the day and sail out to one of the many islands which surround Koh Samui. Head to the spectacular coconut-palm-covered island of Koh Phangan (Full-Moon Island) for a sublime day of swimming, snorkelling and exploring its beautiful, untouched beaches. Pull in for lunch at one of several beachside restaurants or pack a luxury picnic and choose your anchorage for a taste of unspoiled paradise. Or discover Samui’s world-famous Angthong National Marine Park, a spectacular archipelago of karst (limestone) islands with caves, lagoons, white sandy spits and endless snorkelling.
Meet Samui’s Gentle Giants at Elephant Haven | The young ones will love the ethical elephant sanctuary of ‘Elephant Haven’. Home to 18 magnificent Asian elephants and their offspring, Elephant Haven offers visitors a wonderful up-close-and-personal experience with these extraordinary, gentle giants in a safe and delightful jungle setting. The sanctuary offers tours hosted by professional, informative and caring guides. Visitors are invited to feed the elephants, follow them around the sanctuary as the young ones play and frolic in their pools, and observe them enjoying their natural habitat. For more information, see: https://samuielephanthaven.org/
World-class Golfing in Samui | Just 20 minutes drive from the villa is Santiburi Samui Country Club, one of the most beautiful golf courses in Asia and the island’s only championship 18-hole, par-72 golf course. Stretching along the hills of the northern coastline with spectacular elevations from 25-180 metres above sea level, it is often called a ‘slice of heaven’. This challenging course is surrounded by natural rainforest and coconut palm plantations, with distracting views of the mountains and ocean at every turn, which makes it an oasis of pure golfing pleasure.
Samui’s Spirit of Adventure | Sports and adventure enthusiasts of all ages will be thrilled by the variety of action activities available in Koh Samui. Choose from kite surfing at Nathon, off-road safaris on three and four-wheeled ATVs, bungee jumping, zip-lining through the rainforest, canopy walks and waterfall hikes to Muay Thai boxing tournaments and high-speed go-karts to name a few.
Tour the Island’s Temples and Waterfalls | Take a tour of this beautiful island to see the waterfalls and temples. Nearby is Samui’s most iconic landmark, the Golden Big Buddha and its impressive neighbour, Plai Laem Wat. Further south in Lamai, visit the enigmatic ‘Mummy Monk’ at Wat Khunaram the island’s most famous mummified monk, and nearby Wat Sila Ngu or Red temple. Then, head home through the mountains via stunning waterfalls, magnificent scenery and aerial views of the island.
See Old Samui in Nathon l Just 10 minutes away, this bustling seaport where car and passenger ferries sail between the island and the Thai mainland has its own charm and appeal for visitors. Its narrow streets offer a profusion of colourful clothing boutiques, local arts and craft stores, and souvenir shops. The town also boasts its own Chinatown where old Chinese shophouses bear witness to the town’s exotic history as a strategic trading port and which now sell an eclectic range of bric-à-brac. Dining at one of the waterfront seafood restaurants, you can experience a taste of authentic spicy, local cuisine, while the weekly ‘walking street’ market’ has become an attraction with innumerable vendors selling local and international delicacies and goods.
Things to do in your villa:
Spa & Beauty | Treat yourself to a relaxing massage, a facial or manicure and a pedicure in the privacy of your villa. Choose your spot on the beachfront lawn, on the beach or in your room. Lie back and let yourself be pampered by experienced beauty therapists in an inimitable Thai style.
Health & Fitness | Hone your fitness regime with a personal fitness instructor. Breathe and revitalise with a private yoga session or stretch and tone in the pool with an aqua-aerobics class. Samui offers a wide range of health and fitness professionals available to visit your villa.
Thai Cooking Class | Master the art of Thai cuisine. Learn new skills to take home and delight your friends and family. Make spicy Thai salads, rich and delicious curries and exotic coconut desserts. Your resident chef will be delighted to share some of his or her culinary secrets with you.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Main house with large, open plan living and dining space and view of the garden and sea.
- Modern, stylish and comfortable interiors with grey ceramic floors, L-shaped sofa set around a coffee table, with brightly coloured cushions and Asian art works.
- Separate sitting area with 50” TV which can be curtained off for privacy.
- Dining area with refectory-style wooden table for up to 12, next to a light, white show-kitchen with central countertop, hob, microwave, coffee maker and other amenities.
- The beachfront bedroom pavilion features a separate lounge and TV area with a kitchen and breakfast bar.
- Rectangular 7.5 x 6.4-metre salt-water swimming pool with a shallow end for kids, terrace with sunbeds and umbrellas.
- Spacious and airy covered sala for outdoor living and dining. Two long sofas sit either side of a large coffee table and a card table for 4 is on one side.
- The dining table for up to 8 is serviced by a full kitchen, for al fresco breakfasts, casual poolside meals and barbecues.
- The wide-lawned garden stretches right down to beautiful Laem Sor beach, a stretch of great natural beauty with its coconut palms, fishing boats, shimmering white sands and tidal flats. The outlying islands of Koh Madsum and Koh Tean are in the near distance.
- The lawn provides a soft and safe place for young children to play and for adults to roll out their yoga mats for a fitness session, or for a pampering massage listening to the sound of the waves lapping the shore.
- Kayaks are available for guests to explore this enchanting area.
Bedrooms 1 & 2
- On the upper floor of the main house, two spacious, light-filled double ensuite bedrooms feature picture windows which open onto a wide, covered terrace, with sitting and dining areas and a great view of the garden and sea.
- King-size bed, writing desk, two-seater sofa and easy chair and small coffee table.
- Dressing area with open hanging space and shelves for storage, personal safe.
- Ensuite bathrooms with light stone vanity and double sinks, walk-in rain shower and separate WC.
Bedrooms 3 & 4
- Located in the pavilion closest to the main house, two almost identical double ensuite bedrooms overlook a view of garden and pool with a small private furnished terrace.
- King-size bed, two-seater sofa and club-style chair, built-in desk and adjoining seat/luggage shelf.
- Dressing area with open hanging space, and shelving for storage, personal safe.
- Ensuite bathrooms with light stone vanity and single sink, walk-in rain-showers and separate WC.
Bedrooms 5 & 6 (Studio)
- Located in the pavilion by the beach, two almost identical double ensuite bedrooms overlook a view of the beach or garden.
- King-size bed, club-style chair and low sofa seating, wardrobe recess with hanging space, personal safe.
- Ensuite bathrooms with light stone vanity and single sink, walk-in rain-shower and separate WC.
- This self-contained pavilion is ideal for a family, as it also features a separate living area and kitchen. Here a two-seater sofa and ottoman are set around a coffee table with a 20” TV.
- Compact kitchen with cooking hob, fridge and breakfast bar.
- On the top level of the main house, this light and spacious twin-bedroom opens onto a wide terrace and a sea view.
- Twin beds, easy chairs and ample drawer space.
- Separate bathroom with single vanity, walk-in rain shower and WC.
One of the highlights of a visit to Thailand is the marvelous exotic cuisine, which can be as fiery hot or as mild and fragrant as you like it. Your resident chef is skilled in preparing a whole range of Thai dishes tailored to suit less familiar international palettes, as well as being able to prepare popular international cuisines such as Italian and Chinese.
Holiday breakfasts are always a great time to get together and plan the day’s programme. Breakfast can be served at the indoor dining area with the windows wide open to the pool or on the outdoor terrace.
Expect a range of breakfast favourites from freshly baked breads and pastries to a fantastic array of tropical fruits. Cooked dishes are prepared a la minute by chef and could perhaps include Thai choices such as Thai omelette with herbs and popular street-side fare such as Pad Ka Prao (fried chicken or pork with Holy basil and fried egg).
Lunch is usually a casual affair by the pool when chef will prepare popular Thai choices like Phad Thai (Thai Noodles) or Pad Kra Pao [Chicken stir-fry with Holy Basil], Satays, Yum Woon Sen (Glass Noodle Salad) or Som Tam (Green Papaya Salad) accompanied by a light coconut curry. If you prefer Western food, the chef will prepare salads, pastas, pizzas, grills and such.
In the evenings, it’s fun to enjoy a barbecue in the garden or on the beach. Or perhaps a more formal menu of Thai cuisine specialties served in the main dining area.
Your villa manager will take care of shopping for groceries and beverages which can be ordered in advance of your visit, and which are charged at market price (plus a 20% shopping fee and 7% VAT).View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service