The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
With a fabulous location right in the heart of Seminyak, this stylish 5-bedroom villa offers a luxurious, tropical space ideal for family and friends wanting instant access to all the action of Bali’s cosmopolitan hub. An easy walk brings you to the buzzing district known as ‘Eat Street’, home to a plethora of world class restaurants bars, and designer boutiques. Fabled Oberoi Beach, with its legendary surf breaks, golden sand and iconic beach club, Ku De Da, is less than a kilometre from the villa.
A unique design showcases traditional Indonesian aesthetics, with the adoption of Javanese joglos (traditional wooden houses) intricately carved from honey hued teak. Contemporary western touches include floor to ceiling glass windows that allow natural light to stream through, enhancing the rich detail of these beautiful, century-old buildings. The owner is an artist and jewellery designer, and some of her unique creations are on display at Shambala, and available for purchase.
The single story property includes a main building with two bedrooms, and a separate guest house with three bedrooms, set at either end of a majestic 20m swimming pool lined with stately palms and manicured lawns. A poolside spa pavilion sets the scene for traditional massage, and specialised Ayurvedic treatments by skilled therapists. Stone statues, tropical foliage and atmospheric garden bathrooms throughout the villa further evoke the spirit of the enchanted isles of Indonesia.
A stunning, customised kitchen makes a convivial gathering place, with a cutting edge design incorporating extensive breakfast counter, stylish fittings and every imaginable gadget one could possibly need to cook up a banquet of the highest order. However, with a talented in-house cook most guests are content to be spoiled with gourmet meals prepared from an enticing suggestion menu. Equally, a full contingent of housekeepers, waiting staff, gardeners and security staff provide a welcoming, efficient and unobtrusive service.
Located in the heart of the action
Old, new, modern and ancient
Wood carvings galore
Spa pampering on-site
"Food was sensational, service was outstanding, beautiful location, as advertised and more fantastic stay. Awesome service from amazing people. Could not fault the facilities and service. Every staff member was awesome, nothing was an issue and thanks for organizing a fantastic party. Amazing food and amazing staff, all around amazing. Made my birthday extra special. Thank you for going above and beyond. I loved it so much."
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 21-Aug-2019.
- Spacious, air conditioned main living area overlooking the swimming pool, with a large U-shaped sofa built into the four pillars of a century-old joglo
- Air conditioned dining room with teakwood table and ten chairs crafted in woven bamboo
- Chic, custom-designed kitchen with wooden counters and stylish modern fittings
- TV lounge with DVD player and surround sound located in main house and guest house
- Dedicated spa pavilion with Ayurvedic treatments and traditional massage available
- 20m swimming pool majestically bordered by palm trees
- An oversized outdoor circular sofa and coffee table on the timber pool veiled by a shade sail
- Two poolside pavilions draped in sheer white curtains, one with seating and one with sun-loungers
- Extensive, well tended lawns fringed by tropical gardens filled with stone lamps and statues, beautifully lit up in the evenings
- Picturesque lily pond with stepping stones
The Master Bedroom
- King-size bed built into the hand carved, multi tiered core of an antique joglo, with high ceiling magically illuminated at night
- His and her’s walk in dressing rooms
- Semi-outdoor garden bathroom with outdoor tub framed by frangipani trees and orchids
- Air conditioned
- Four king-size beds three of which are convertible to twins
- Generous open air garden bathrooms with bath tubs and rain showers
- Air conditioned
- Mosquito nets
- Smooth timber floors
Villa Shambala is in one of the most sought-after locations in Bali, offering you a complete hidden paradise in Seminyak’s ‘Golden Triangle’.
The villa is just minutes from Seminyak’s main street, Jalan Kayu Aya (also called Jalan Laksmana, Oberoi or ‘Eat Street’), where an impressive array of dining and entertainment options abound. Trendy boutiques, supermarkets and ATMs are all within a short walk of the villa, as are some of the island’s best known entertainment and dining venues, including Ku De Ta, W Hotel, La Lucciola, Potatohead beach club and other glamorous Seminyak staples.
Villa Shambala is also just 500 metres from the beach, where you can enjoy a variety of water sports, long seaside walks and beautiful Bali sunsets.
Things to do
The villa manager will typically have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Invariably some of them will live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Sports enthusiasts should head to Bali’s prestigious Finns Recreation Club, fifteen minutes away, with its state-of-the-art gym, tennis and squash centre. Round off your workouts with some fine international dining, then stock up on gourmet goodies at the nearby Canggu Deli.
- Catch a wave, or several, at some of Bali’s best surfing beaches, only ten to fifteen minutes away. Among the string of naturally beautiful beaches, don’t miss long-time surfers haunt, Echo Beach – but all are in prime position for Bali’s legendary sunsets.
- On Canggu Beach, be sure to visit mystical Hotel Tugu Bali. Listed in the Robb Report (the World’s Best of the Best), Bali’s first museum-hotel is studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques. The boutique hotel’s award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies.
- Make the de rigueur pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is most popular at sunset, but we suggest guests go early morning to enjoy the location in peace!
- Fashionistas and shop-a-holics should hotfoot it down to Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave, Seminyak. From Villa Shambala, guests are minutes away from stylish, global-inspired restaurants – such as Sarong and Métis, chic boutiques and hipper-than-thou bars on Seminyak beachfront.
- Drive west to explore the unchartered West Bali region, where the charming Tabanan Regency reveals terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black sand beaches dotted with fishing communities – the treasures that Bali is famed for.
- For a day of culture and dramatic landscapes, head north to Mount Batukaru with its major temple and the nearby rice-fields of Jatiluwih, a UNESCO World Heritage sight; or to the mountain town of Bedugul. From here, explore three volcanic lakes, including Bratan, with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Ubud, the cultural capital of Bali, is around an hour’s cross-country drive away. An easy day trip to admire the workshops and galleries and maybe watch one of the many dance performances in the early evening, or enjoy one of the many restaurants perched over gorges or rice-fields.
- Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan. Perfect for a family day out on the water or with a group of friends.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions