Malimbu Cliff Villa
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Hugging the cliff face above Lombok’s dramatic, untouched coastline, Malimbu Cliff Villa blends modern luxury with breathtaking panoramas in an exotic five-bedroom island villa retreat. Fall under this villa’s spell with the nightlife of Senggigi just a short drive away, and the idyllic Gili islands, renowned for world-class diving, within easy reach.
Malimbu Cliff Villa has something for everyone. With access to its own private beach, the villa is set high above the sea, with spectacular views extending across the ocean all the way to the breathtaking peak of Bali's mystical Mount Agung.
Designed for total rest and relaxation, this stylish, contemporary and ultra chic villa offers accommodation for up to ten adults and two children across five bedrooms, plus a study room that can convert into a children's room for two. A stunning 18-metre infinity pool fronts the contemporary two-story villa, while crisp clean lines of white and grey exteriors create a light and airy ambiance.
Inside, vibrant artwork and colourful fabrics contrast nicely against the neutral furnishings evoking a unique sense of style. Malimbu Cliff Villa’s spacious living areas embrace you with a homely feel, however a few decadent features certainly add a taste of the exclusive. With the infinity pool and terrace - from which to-die-for sunsets unfold every evening, and luxurious bathtubs offering some of the best views in the house, it’s hard not to adopt the laid-back Lombok lifestyle at Malimbu Cliff Villa.
While both the nightlife of Senggigi and the white sands and exquisite diving of the Gili Islands are nearby, Malimbu Cliff Villa lures you with peace and privacy in an idyllic coastal location. The warm and friendly staff members look after guests’ every need with a fully trained team including a Villa Manager, and a skilled chef. At Malimbu Cliff Villa, you are ensured a truly memorable holiday.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
The road that snakes along the north-west coast of Lombok is extremely beautiful and well worth exploring. Sweeping ocean views stretch across to Bali and the silhouetted outline of the hypnotic Mount Agung. Fishing villages, coconut groves, golden beaches and fields of Lombok’s pretty brown cows line the road. Apart from the area immediately around Senggigi (Lombok’s beachside tourist town, with a choice of bars and restaurants), the countryside is quiet and unspoiled.
While the rocky beach directly below the villa is not suitable for swimming, sandy Malimbu Bay is within walking distance, and the world-famous Gili Islands with their pristine waters, golden beaches and excellent dive sites are easily accessible (15 minutes by fast boat, 30 minutes by local boat) from the small harbour of Bangsal just 10 kilometres from the villa.
The villa is a 1.5 hour drive from the new Lombok International Airport.
Your Villa Manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Lombok life.
In the meantime, here's a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Malimbu Cliff Villa.
- Play a round of golf at the Lombok Golf Kosaido Country Club – a serene 18-hole championship course on Sira bay with dramatic views of Mount Rinjani.
- If it is nightlife you are after then head to nearby town Senggigi for exciting bars and restaurants, popular with tourists.
- Go scuba diving or snorkelling in the crystal aquamarine waters of the Gili Islands, famed for their many sea turtles, or simply laze in a hammock on the white sandy beaches of Gili Trawangan, Meno or Air. Boats to the islands are easily organised.
- If you are up for a challenge and have three days to spare, trek to the rim of Mount Rinjani, Lombok’s revered volcano. Alternatively, a daytrip to the waterfalls in the surrounding national park is well worth your while and a good guide can be arranged if you want to venture off the beaten track.
- Pamper yourself with an in-villa massage or spa treatment, or visit the lovely spa at nearby Qunci Villas.
- Go on a souvenir shopping spree to Lombok’s pottery, weaving and basketware villages, or visit Sweta’s Bertais market which sells pretty much everything made on the island.
- Lombok is well known for its pearl farms. For loose pearls and pearl jewellery, visit one of the specialist retail outlets in Sekarbela near Mataram.
- For a change of scene, eat out at the fascinating living museum, Hotel Tugu, or enjoy a gourmet dinner at the 5-star Oberoi Lombok.
- Learn about Lombok’s cultural heritage on a visit to a traditional Sasak tribal village.
- Ask the Elite Concierge to arrange a tour with a local surf guide who will take you to some of the best surfing spots on the island.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Main house arranged over three levels - all offering breathtaking views
- Open-plan living and dining area overlooking the swimming pool and terrace
- Large flat-screen satellite TV and entertainment lounge area
- Teak dining table seating six
- Breakfast bar
- Galley-style, fully equipped modern kitchen
- 18-metre infinity edge swimming pool
- Timber deck with sun loungers
- Alfresco dining terrace with round table seating six
- Rolling, manicured lawns
- Luxurious and extensive retreat occupying most of the villa's upper floor
- Features a comfortable TV lounge, cosy bedroom and dressing room
- Ensuite bathroom with a deep terrazzo tub, plus indoor and outdoor showers
- Moroccan-style lanterns that add to the elegance and beauty of the room
Upstairs Guest Bedroom
- Beautifully designed bedroom featuring a bed head crafted from naturally edged solid wood
- Green pillows match the swaying palm fronds while a series of bright abstract flower paintings add a splash of colour
- Large terrazzo tub in the ensuite bathroom
- Pleasing views of the hillside and the rocky beach below
Downstairs Guest Bedrooms
- Both bedrooms channel modern vibes and five-star amenities
- Similar in design to the upstairs guestroom, however one has twin beds (that can be pushed together to form a king) and the other is a king
- Lime green modular chairs add a modern touch along with large abstract paintings
- The twin room, with a terrazzo tub in its ensuite, opens onto a covered patio furnished with an outdoor sofa and coffee table
- The king-bedded room opens directly onto the pool and features an open-air shower in its bathroom
- Guest bedroom with twin bed that can be converted into king bed
One of the highlights of a stay at Malimbu Cliff Villa is the always smiling and extremely competent in-house chef. The great thing about the open kitchen and dining area is that you can watch the master at work. Whatever be your food preference, just give him the word!
Cooking delicious home-style meals from an extensive suggestion menu, our chef can prepare anything from ayam taliwang to chicken curry Lombok style. If it's fresh seafood you desire then place your order and he'll go shopping to the local fish market.
For guests with specific dietary requirements, we are more than happy to tailor meals accordingly. To make the most of the kitchen and give staff time to shop, it's advisable to plan meals the evening before.
Groceries and beverages are charged at cost price with an additional 20% service fee. Guests will be requested to provide cash for groceries in advance and the staff will keep receipts for reference.
We have had a wonderful week. Jun, Nasri, and Yuni have been kind, helpful and helped us enjoy our time in Lombok. Thanks especially for having us 1 extra day. The BBQs, were magnificent. Lots of Love. Narelle, Ian, Jessica, Cameron. Brad, Katie, Robbie + Darcy01-Jul-2023 - 09-Jul-2023 Malimbu C
Great place with stunning view. Hospitality team is superb! Thank you Jun, Nasri, Mba Yuni for the five star service.16-Jun-2023 - 20-Jun-2023 VM M
The food was very good and the staff was very nice, the view was beautiful and refreshing.03-Jun-2023 - 05-Jun-2023 Malimbu C