Villa Shambala Phuket
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Balancing nature’s beauty with exquisite design, Villa Shambala is a peaceful holiday haven set high on a hillside estate near Surin Beach. With northern Thailand’s Lanna architecture reimagined in a modern style, this four-bedroom, fully staffed villa welcomes families and groups seeking a tranquil and refined tropical escape with sensational sea views.
Shambala, which means ‘a place of peace’ in Sanskrit, forms a stately presence on the Surin hillside, crowned by traditional Thai pitched roofs. A lift connects the ground-floor entrance and parking area to the first floor, where indoor and outdoor living areas stretch from a shaded deck with a natural rock wall at the back, to the lounge and dining rooms with their caramel-coloured teak floors, through to the terrace at the front, with its 20-metre infinity pool and alfresco sitting and dining areas. On the second floor, the four master-suite-sized bedrooms each offer king beds, lavish ensuite bathrooms and total privacy.
Clean lines, vibrant décor and gorgeous custom-designed furniture reflect the villa owner’s artistic vision and love of travel. Thoughtful design and natural materials – most notably the integration of the hill’s natural rock face into the villa’s first floor living areas, brings Shambala in full harmony with its beautiful tropical surrounds.
Shambala’s serene embrace calms the soul. Let the days unfold with yoga, spa and massage sessions or simply relaxing poolside while taking in the panoramic views. A dedicated team of staff, including a Thai chef and English-speaking villa manager, offer professional and friendly service throughout the day.
Beyond the villa, the powder-soft sands of Surin Beach beckon, while a good choice of dining, shopping and leisure activities are within easy reach.
Magnificent views over the sea
Dedicated staff including a chef
Elegant, calming open-plan design
Fabulous 20m pool with swim-up bar
Four lavish master suite bedrooms
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 10% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy 10% discount when checking in before 05-Nov-2018.
Features and amenities
- Open-plan kitchen, dining and living room with sea views and sliding glass doors that open completely at the front and back
- Dining area with solid wood table and six wicker chairs
- Full-service kitchen with breakfast bar, two double ovens and top-notch stainless steel appliances
- Living area with custom-designed L-shaped sofa, leather lounge seats, flat-screen TV, DVD player and surround sound
- 20-metre infinity pool with sea views and swim-up bar
- Pool terrace with sundeck and sand-wash dining area furnished with a poly-rattan table for six; cushioned water hyacinth chairs and loveseat under roof cover
- Lanna Thai style peak-roofed sala (gazebo) with ceiling fans and loveseat set on lily pool water feature
- Shaded deck area with a natural rock wall, soft lighting and wood flooring with two comfy sitting areas
Master Bedroom 1
- Large sea-view suite in stand-alone pavilion with a private balcony overlooking the pool
- King-sized bed with custom-made bedframe set under a vaulted timber ceiling
- Daybed set in alcove; wardrobe with sliding wood and mirrored doors, safety box
- Luxurious ensuite bathroom in marble with black terrazzo sea-view bathtub and shower
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
Bedrooms 2 to 4
- Three spacious sea-view suites with connecting balcony walkway overlooking pool
- King-sized beds with custom-made bedframes under stately vaulted ceilings
- Plush daybeds with colourful cushions; wardrobes with sliding wood and mirrored doors, safety boxes
- Luxurious ensuite bathrooms in marble with black terrazzo bathtubs and showers
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
Villa Shambala is set high on the hillside in the Baan Thai Surin Hill estate just 500 metres from Surin Beach. Sweeping views take in the white sands of Bang Tao, the Amanpuri resort headland and the village in the valley below. Surin Beach is an 800-metre stretch of sand with a limited number of umbrellas for rent, while the hidden-away Laem Singh Beach is a short distance further south. A number of resorts, shops and dining spots line the roads in the Surin area, including Twinpalms Oriental Spoon with its fabulous Sunday brunches, and the Paul Ropp boutique clothing retailer. At nearby Bang Tao Beach are some excellent beachfront dining choices including Palm Seaside and Catch Beach Club (relocated from Surin Beach), plus surf and SUP board rental.
Things to do
Villa Shambala’s manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Many of Phuket’s highlights are included in a helpful guidebook at the villa, so be sure to have a browse. This cosmopolitan island – Thailand’s largest – has over 30 beautiful beaches and a vibrant culture. Exploring the local food scene alone could keep you occupied (and happily satiated) for weeks on end!
Here’s just a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Villa Shambala.
- Try some beach hopping and find a stretch of sand to suit your mood and energy level, whether you’re seeking an action-filled day of parasailing and people-watching at busy Patong Beach or strolling the sands in solitude at Mai Khao Beach on Phuket’s northern coastline.
- Or hop aboard a luxury yacht and glide through the enchanting seascapes of the Andaman in style. Explore Phang Nga Bay and its majestic karst islands, snorkel with the colourful marine life around Raya island, or sink your toes into the soft white sand of Maithon island.
- Get wet and keep fit with a day of surfing, kayaking, windsurfing, wakeboarding or stand-up paddling, or discover what’s below the surface on scuba diving trip.
- Visit Phuket’s gorgeous viewpoints for a bird’s eye view of the island. Make a pilgrimage to the Big Buddha hill, with its 45-metre seated statue in white marble and panoramic views across the south end of the island. Snap sunset photos through the tall sugar palms on Phromthep Cape, or enjoy a sneak peek of the tiny Laem Singh Beach at the roadside viewing platform near Surin Beach.
- Find out why Phuket’s food scene earned it a UNESCO ‘City of Gastronomy’ accolade with a food tour around Phuket Town. Visit Kopitiam for cheap and tasty Hokkien noodles, soak up some Thai-French atmosphere in the restored shophouse at Dibuk Café, or try the charming Suay restaurant for creative fusion dishes in a garden setting.
- Enjoy your Thai cuisine favourites back home by learning how to make them yourself at a Thai cookery class. Some classes include the chance to visit a local market to shop for all the fresh ingredients.
- Phuket’s virgin jungle is shrinking but there are still some scenic sights in its interior, best explored on a bicycle tour, ATV riding trip, or a jungle trail walk. Allow some time to visit the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project or Phuket Elephant Sanctuary to learn more about the island’s animal welfare efforts and for a chance to observe these fascinating animals at close range.
- Shopping is a favourite pastime in Thailand and Phuket bustles with open-air markets, street vendors and shopping malls selling every imaginable souvenir. Stroll around the streets near Surin Beach to browse the clothing boutiques, delve into Patong’s mad street bazaars or look for local handicrafts while enjoying some Old Town charm at the Lard Yai Sunday street market.
- Play a round or two in the fresh green tropical landscapes of Phuket’s golf courses including the Laguna Phuket Golf Club, Loch Palm and Mission Hills.
- Venture out after dark to discover the island’s nightlife scene. Some enticing nearby options include Benny’s American Bar & Grill for delicious cocktails, and Catch Beach Club, formerly on Surin and now resurrected on Bang Tao Beach, with barbecue nights and DJ parties. Patong Beach has most of the nightlife action while ever more bars with a trendy flair are popping up in Phuket Town.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions