The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Prepare to live like royalty at this extraordinary seven-bedroom villa. Located in the charming, traditional village of Umalas, near Seminyak, and surrounded by rice paddies, this villa is sumptuous even by the incredibly high standards of contemporary Balinese accommodation.
Set on an enormous piece of land, this splendid modern villa ticks all the boxes for the ultimate Bali escape: seven luxuriously appointed bedrooms; a 25-metre swimming pool surrounded by sun loungers on which to while away a lazy day; an air-conditioned library where you can take morning coffee or sip a cooling cocktail; a state-of-the-art gym; a yoga studio overlooking rice paddies, and even a Teppanyaki pavilion where your chef will create meals to rival the finest Japanese restaurants.
As well as the in-house chef, Villa Malaathina’s large team of skilled and professional staff includes an experienced villa manager, housekeepers, service and security staff, whose aim is to ensure you want for nothing. And should you wish to celebrate a special birthday, anniversary or even a wedding during your stay, the villa’s spacious grounds will provide the perfect setting for a truly memorable occasion.
Villa Malaathina provides you with the best that beautiful Bali has to offer, and it’s hard to imagine why anyone would want to leave this luxurious holiday abode, but if it’s chill-out beach bars, fine-dining restaurants and hip boutiques you’re after, then buzzing Seminyak has it all, and is a mere fifteen-minute drive away.
Fabulous yoga pavilion and gym
Beautiful rice-field views
"What a wonderful experiences the whole family had. The beautiful architecture, facilities and villa matched with impeccable service and flexibility from the staff. We could not thank to Ardi enough for giving us such a relaxing holiday - meeting our every request and attending immediately to our every need. Our taste buds were tasty and satisfied with the wonderful flavors of Bali by Chef Sara and the team. This villa is the perfect holiday experience for the whole family for 3 generations from a 7 month old baby to 70 year old grandpa. We loved our time here and the whole family is already planning their next visit here."
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 09-Apr-2019.
Features and amenities
- Comfortable air-conditioned lounge with luxurious seating and backlit ‘onyx’ bar.
- Formal indoor dining area with seating for ten.
- Entertainment room with giant L-shaped sofa and cinema-like experience with 60-inch screen TV and surround-sound system.
- Impressive library with sofa seating, 43-inch television, Bose sound system, collection of books and a coffee-bar area.
- Open-air living, dining and bar area overlooking the swimming pool.
- Teppanyaki pavilion with ten-seat, marble-topped grill counter and sunken lounge.
- Sunset terrace for evening cocktails
- 25 metre pool with loungers and sun shades.
- Yoga studio.
- Well-equipped gym.
- All seven impeccably appointed bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms (five with decadent soaking tubs), are fully air-conditioned and equipped with safes, televisions, DVD players and iPod docking stations.
- Light and spacious master bedroom with king-size bed, private furnished balcony and large dressing room overlooking a rooftop garden.
- The six guest rooms are furnished with king-size beds, four of which can be configured as twin beds.
- Bedrooms 4 and 5, next to the pool, interconnect to make an ideal family suite.
Villa Malaathina is located off a quiet country lane in the rural community of Umalas, well known for its beautiful rice paddies and traditional way of life. Despite its charming rustic feel, the restaurants, bars and shopping of Seminyak are just a fifteen-minute drive away. The nearest surf beaches are Batu Bolong and Echo Beach, while the dramatic sea temple at Tanah Lot is just ten kilometres from the villa.
Things to do
Villa Malaathina’s manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Watch a spectacular sunset at Echo Beach (7km) where a number of cafes offer great views and cold beer. Note that the beach here is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing, having a pronounced swell and rip, rather than children’s swimming. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot.
- There are several surf schools in Bali, mainly based in and around Kuta and Legian, where young and old(er) can learn to surf or brush up on their skills.
- If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a shopping spree at one of the Denpasar’s markets within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital, is an exciting and rewarding experience.
- Swing among the trees and fly through the air at Treetop Adventure Park, or see the real Bali with a Bali Eco Cycling Tour (all downhill!) through the island’s beautiful rice terraces and unspoiled villages. The drive through rural Bali is a treat in itself.
- Cafés and restaurants in Canggu (just 3km away) are springing up at quite a rate. Try the charming Canggu Café, a great place for a light lunch (serves delicious Indonesian food and salads). Opposite the Canggu Club is a small international restaurant called The Loop, while next door and under the same management is the Canggu Deli, which stocks plenty of gourmet food items.
- Eating out in Seminyak requires careful research and planning; there’s just so much choice! Everything from fine international dining to cheap n’ cheerful gourmet burgers can be had in this diners paradise.
- Chill out completely with an in-villa massage or beauty treatment
- Learn the secrets of Balinese spices and cuisine during a cookery class at Saté Bali Restaurant on Jalan Kayu Aya in Seminyak.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Visit the famous Tanah Lot sea temple. Although renowned for its sunset vistas, going early in the morning provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed, apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- Get back to nature with Bali Eco Tours. Based in Ubud, they can offer anything from educational cycling tours through the rice fields, to sunrise volcano climbs. Talk to your villa manager about arranging a trip.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions