Villa Belong Dua
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Set in the tiny fishing village of Seseh on the island’s southwest coast, lies Villa Belong Dua an enchanting two-bedroom holiday villa in beautiful Bali. Resting on a large estate in a beautiful walled garden Villa Belong Dua features a series of five pavilions – positioned in accordance with ancient cosmology, which house the villa’s charming living areas, along with stunning swimming pool. The traditional architecture and artefacts of Villa Belong Dua celebrate the heritage of Bali, incorporating the symbolic elements of Balinese Hinduism across the contemporary, stylish interiors and modern facilities.
While relatively new, Villa Belong Dua is designed around the time-honoured Balinese compound style, offering guests the luxuries of space, comfort and privacy in two charming bedroom pavilions and open-sided living and dining areas, all encircled by a delightful, mature walled garden featuring a 20-metre-long swimming pool alongside a delightful bale gede (relaxation pavilion). Facilities within the villa include Wifi throughout, LCD flat-screen satellite TV and DVD players, an iPod with three docking stations, and a modern, well-equipped western kitchen.
Guests at Belong Dua are treated to five-star service by a warm and friendly team of staff including a villa manager and team of experienced staff including a private chef and full housekeeping services. Villa Belong Dua is the perfect destination for those who want to get lost in the beauty of the Bali countryside, immerse themselves in the Balinese Hindu lifestyle and experience the warm hospitality, history and culture of this unique tropical island.
Loads of space and a large swimming pool
Brims with Balinese charm
Encompassed by Balinese village life
Historical yet with modern facilities
"Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality here at Villa Belong Dua. This is a magical and happy place. Thank you also to all the wonderful staff for your generosity and for welcoming us to this gorgeous part of the world. We hope to return."
Real time availability
Complimentary Full-Day Rice Terraces & Temple Tour in Tabanan, Bali
Complimentary Full-Day Rice Terraces & Temple Tour in Tabanan, Bali
Book for 4 nights any time before July 31st for stays from now until 31st August, and enjoy a complimentary Concierge-curated cultural day tour of Bali's Tabanan area. The exclusive tour includes scenic drives through lush green rice terraces, a visit to two ancient Balinese temples and a special Balinese lunch in a truly magical setting.
Terms and conditions:
– Minimum 4-nights stay.– Only valid for stays from now until August 31, 2019.– One-time experiential day tour per stay (approximately 8 hours duration).– Only valid for new bookings received from June 1 to July 31, 2019.– Cannot be combined with other discounts and/or special offers.
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 17-Aug-2019.
- Living pavilion with high-vaulted roof, open on three sides and overlooking the garden with comfortable couches, daybeds and cushions
- Air-conditioned media room which doubles as a study and is equipped with satellite TV, DVD player and iPod dock
- Semi-open-air dining room furnished with antique table for six and cooled by ceiling fans
- Immaculate polished-concrete kitchen with all modern facilities and adjoining the dining area by a service bar which can be closed for privacy
- 20m x 4m swimming pool with shallow end for children
- Candi stone deck furnished with on double and two single sun loungers
- Outdoor pool shower
- Antique balé gede from Bali’s Gianyar Regency furnished with two daybeds for relaxation or enjoying a massage
- Two king-sized bedrooms housed in stand-alone pavilions
- Featuring king four-poster beds, cream coloured walls, wooden floors and soaring roofs
- Front terrace lit by colonial-style bell-jar lanterns and furnished with antique daybed leading from glass sliding doors onto the bedroom
- Spacious dressing rooms
- Wall-mounted LCD satellite TV, DVD player and iPod dock
- Air-conditioned and fan-cooled
- Air-conditioned ensuite bathroom with sculptured terrazzo bathtub, double washbasins, glass doors leading to alfresco area with outdoor rain shower in a private walled courtyard
- Additional single bed can be configured upon request
The fishing village of Seseh grew in importance in 18th century Bali when it became home to the major temple of the former Kingdom of Mengwi. At that time it was also a small trading port, inhabited by a number of families of Chinese decent.
The village still retains the customs and culture of old Bali. Here, you will see the rice being planted and harvested in the fields, fishing boats returning with the night’s catch, as well as frequent, colourful processions to the large beachside temple.
Today, Seseh is an ideal destination for those who want to get lost in the beauty of the countryside and engage with the local people to gain privileged insights into the Balinese Hindu lifestyle: the people of Seseh encourage and welcome congenial visitors.
There are no international restaurants here, but the villa is only 30 minutes’ drive (15km) from the many restaurants and shops of cosmopolitan Seminyak. The renowned surfers’ haunt of Echo Beach is also within easy reach (8.5km by road or just a pleasant 1.5km walk along the beach), where guests can enjoy the laidback vibe, an ice-cold beer or seafood barbecue at The Beach House, and some incredible sunsets.
Things to do
Belong Dua’s manager will have a wealth of information about places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the area too. Most will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Villa Belong Dua.
- Explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Discover the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages on one of the villa’s bicycles; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world renowned. The beaches around Canggu (11km) are known for their world-class surf breaks, offering an exposed reef break with consistent surf. May to October (dry season) is the favoured time for waves.
- Ask the villa manager to arrange a dawn fishing expedition with one of the local fisherman in his traditional jukung and get the chef to cook up your catch for lunch.
- The villa is close to the famous sea temple at Tanah Lot. Although renowned for its sunset vistas, going early in the morning provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed, apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach where a number of cafés offer good sunset views and cold beer. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot. Note that the beach along this section of the coast is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing than swimming.
- Fashionistas, trendies shop-a-holics and foodies should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques and international restaurants and bars including, Potato Head Beach club, La Lucciola and Bali’s infamously trendy Ku Dé Ta. For furniture, antiques and homeware stores go for a wander around the streets of nearby Kerobokan.
- If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital is an exciting and rewarding experience. Visit the vibrant Denpasar markets, where everything and anything is available.
- Go horse riding along the sparkling black sands of Yeh Gangga beach (12km) with Bali Island Horse. This well-run establishment also offers ATV, dirt bike and bicycle tours. Great for all ages and abilities and particularly beautiful at sunset.
- Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan. Perfect for a family day out on the water or with a group of friends.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions