Villa Beira Mar
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Located bang on Kihim Beach near Mandwa Jetty, the five-bedroom Villa Beira Mar leads out to sandy shores with incredible sea views. Alibaug is all about celebrity-style living and this is your chance to live the life you’ve always dreamed of. This gorgeous property is spread over an acre of beachfront land with gazebos, breezy terraces, a private pool and more fabulous spaces to throw a party.
Spend your mornings jumping waves with the kids, and evenings gazing at the magnificent sunset with a single malt in hand. The interiors channel a modern-Indian aesthetic, with cane furniture, attractive textiles and extraordinarily high ceilings. Shaded verandas with old-school cane reclining chairs look out towards the impeccably manicured grounds dotted with coconut and plumeria trees, and the Arabian Sea shimmering in the distance.
There’s plenty of room for everyone, so don’t hold back the invites. With five plush bedrooms, the villa can accommodate 10 guests, with room for two more on extra beds. A vacation here is all about enjoying the outdoors, whether from the rooftop terrace, which doubles up as a party pad, or from the numerous alfresco seating and dining areas, including an inviting pool bordered by a sea view gazebo.
Enjoy whiling away your days reading a book, lulled by the sound of the waves, or playing a match of pool with your mates. This is a scenic setting with rural charm, ideal for slowing down. Leave the upkeep of the villa to the Villa Manager and staff, who will also be happy to serve you a delicious breakfast or beverages through the day. Decadent meals can be crafted by a cook (extra charge) and villa security ensures that your holiday is stress-free. With amenities like a coffee machine, music player, TV and board games, this is an ideal venue for an extended family reunion, getaway with a group of friends or corporate retreat.
Right on Kihim Beach
Close to Mandwa Jetty
Kid-friendly with ample space
Private pool with large deck
For unforgettable parties
Real time availability
- Large air-conditioned living room with a high-vaulted, sloped, wooden roof
- Cushioned sofas and sliding glass doors and screens
- A spacious and elegant dining table seating up to 10 guests, with sea views through floor-to-ceiling windows
- Entertainment options including a pool table, games room, televisions, a music player and board games
- Fully equipped kitchen where you can prepare your group’s favourite dishes
- Extensive, manicured lawns where kids can play and frolic around coconut and plumeria trees
- Private swimming pool leading up to a sea view gazebo with sofa seating
- Beach just beyond the villa grounds
- A scenic rooftop terrace for sundowners and parties
- Shaded verandas with relaxed seating and multiple outdoor seating venues
- King-size beds with luxurious linen
- Elegant interiors in pastel shades
- Sliding glass doors to enjoy the scenic views
- Ensuite bathrooms and plenty of wardrobe space
- Rooms may have sofa seating, garden views and additional furniture such as wooden chests and writing desks
A short boat or ferry ride away from Mumbai’s iconic Gateway of India, Alibaug is a coastal town in India’s Maharashtra state, best known as a celebrity getaway. The landscape is a mix of uncrowded beaches, coconut groves, forested hills and village settlements. Once a sleepy semi-rural town, Alibaug has bloomed into a destination for the swish set, with cultural offerings such as art galleries and museums, eclectic dining and boutique shops. From November to March, the town comes alive with music festivals, pop-up entertainment, and gourmet experiences that can be enjoyed by visitors. The weather is pleasant and you can stroll along Kihim Beach to catch an epic sunset or explore a historic fort. The newly launched Ro-Ro (roll-on roll-off) car ferry makes the destination extremely accessible for travellers.
Things to do
Your Guest Relations Manager and staff hail from the area around and know Alibaug inside-out. They will be happy to share recommendations for everything, from coastal Malvani seafood joints to in-villa catering and even art shows. Do ask them about winter events, local sightseeing or even what typical village life is like. A car and driver can be hired for the day (on extra charge) or shorter periods, as required. Here’s what you can do while visiting Alibaug:
- Alibaug’s main town is 45 minutes from Mandwa Jetty and nearby is Alibaug Beach, where crowds descend every evening. Bedecked camels and horse-drawn carriages cart tourists on joyrides against the pink and vermillion sky. The 17th-century Kolaba Fort is an enjoyable kilometre-long walk into the sea and fascinating to explore, as it played an important role in the region’s history.
- If you want to sample the fiery Gomantak cuisine this coast is famous for, head to the humble Sanman Restaurant, which serves finger-licking dishes such as Pomfret Curry, Prawn Masala and Clams Sukha (dry). They are known for their thalis (a complete meal served in a large round plate with lentils, rice, bread, vegetables, poppadoms, and curry) in chicken, fish, prawn and crab variants.
- Those looking for an epicurean experience should visit famous Mumbai restaurateur Gauri Devidayal’s farm located not too far from Mandwa Jetty, where you can sip on homegrown butterfly pea tea as you walk around the vegetable patches. Harvest winter vegetables, then watch expert chefs turn them into delicious salads, pasta and curries served family-style under a flaming-orange gulmohar tree in the garden.
- The Guild by Shalini Sawhney, a south Mumbai art gallery that moved base to Alibaug a few years ago showcases artwork from known and emerging Indian artists and has a room full of vintage bric-a-brac. It hosts periodic previews and solo shows as well.
- Pinakin Patel is an architect credited for building some of the fanciest villas in Alibaug. He has now launched the Dashrath Patel Museum, dedicated to his late artist friend of the same name. The museum features Patel’s paintings, sculptures, and photography, as well as a cafe. Upstairs is Pinakin’s lifestyle store, which showcases minimalist attire, chinaware, cool artefacts, and more.
- Mandwa Jetty is home to Flamboyante, a seaside restaurant which turns into a thumping beach club on weekends. Nearby, you will also find Kiki’s Cafe, known for its pizzas and desserts (the owner Nitin Mongia also runs a catering company that delivers innovative, multi-cuisine food to your rental villa).
- If you’re in the mood to break a sweat, trek up the hills to Kankeshwar Temple, which has a big local following and affords spectacular views of the surrounding lush landscape. You can spot indigenous trees and birds as well as grazing cows on the way.
- Alibaug hosts an annual, groovy music festival (now called Goonj, formerly Nariyal Paani) every winter. It is held in Tala, towards the south of the town. A weekend of performances by Indian artists such as Peter Cat Recording Co. and Ditty, sunset high tea with a view, and bonfires at night await you at this fun-filled event.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions