The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
The magnificent venue of Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall’s Balinese wedding, and where Sting gave an impromptu concert, Villa Batujimbar has been a favourite of celebrities through the years. Traditional thatched-roofed pavilions, large open-sided living lounges and lush gardens make it a haven you’d want to retreat to. No wonder then, that Princess Diana stayed here when she wanted a respite from the media’s glare. Privacy is guaranteed here.
Originally designed by renowned architect Geoffrey Bawa, the vision was to create a harmonious relationship between buildings and landscape, influenced by the famed Balinese palaces at Amlapura and Klungkung and the water gardens of Tirta Gangga. His moated Lembu Balé with its stately dining area reached by ascending a majestic stone staircase flanked by stone sculptures still commands centre stage. With two giant Nandi sculptures at either end, worthy of being in a temple, it provides an enchanting setting for wedding ceremonies.
Villa Batujimbar’s myriad living areas and nine bedroom suites are spread across a series of thatched pavilions enriched with museum-worthy paintings, heirloom artefacts and architectural treasures. Within the meticulously maintained gardens, fountain-filled lotus ponds, moss-encrusted statuary and intricately carved stone reliefs contribute to the villa’s charm.
While its design pedigree might be influenced by the past, the villa’s modern facilities will be welcomed by today’s discerning vacationer: a 20-metre swimming pool, private tennis court, private chefs and personal round-the-clock butlers to elevate your residency to regal levels.
Start your day with coffee at the beachfront balé, facing the island of Nusa Lembongan across the camel-coloured sand and calm waters of Sanur Bay. After a breakfast served on heritage Jenggala tableware in the alfresco dining pavilion, slip through your private ornate gateway and find a deserted beach for your swimming pleasure, or perhaps for just a quiet sunrise walk. At the day’s end, feast on dishes prepared by your in-villa chefs, or stroll down to the myriad restaurants that line Sanur’s main entertainment and shopping street.
Villa Batujimbar is ideal for memorable weddings and wellness retreats. With seven large bedroom suites plus two cosy rooms in a separate annexe, there’s plenty of space to accommodate your entire group. The lush gardens, moated and raised dining lounge, a lavish pool with a relaxing open-sided living pavilion on the side and a Balinese-style stage, perfect for performances at one end, offer a wide variety of event spaces to host large functions and stunning weddings. If the celebs can’t get enough of it, there must be something truly spectacular about Villa Batujimbar, don’t you think?
Traditional multi-pavilion design
A favoured celebrity getaway
Private entry to a deserted beach
Rare artefacts and stone sculptures
Ideal for memorable weddings
"Service was great and very attentive. Food was generally very nice."
Rates and Real time availability
Low season rates extended
Low season rates extendedLow season rates now apply to all bookings to 17 December 2020. Avoid the crowds and cocoon yourself in the privacy and safety of your own luxury villa.
Additional discounts available for stays of 10 nights or longer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for longer stay prices.
At Elite Havens, we understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current COVID-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions:
- Low season rates and discounts applicable, for new bookings received from 22 June 2020, and for stays before 17 December 2020
- Guaranteed refund conditions apply at the time of booking
- Early bird enjoys up to 5% discount when booking 120 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 31-Oct-2020.
- Ocean-side living pavilion with soaring vaulted roof and multiple seating areas
- Antiques-filled, fan-cooled living pavilion on the upper level of the Lembu Balé, reached by wide steps from both the pool and ocean side
- Additional garden living area in the Pool Pavilion, with kitchenette
- 20-metre swimming pool with large terrace furnished with loungers and sunshades
- Open-sided dining balé with antique marble table seating ten
- Relaxation balé set in water gardens
- Beachfront balé with views across the ocean towards Nusa Penida
- Tennis court
- Alfresco dining at Lembu balé
Beachfront Master Suite
- A grand, two-storey master suite, situated close to the ocean
- Study and sitting area on the ground floor with 4-seater table and bar area
- Upper floor bedroom with high thatched roof, teakwood flooring and antique rugs
- Furnished with an ornate, king-size, four-poster bed and a comfortable sofa
- Large flat-screen TV
- Private furnished balcony overlooking the ocean
- WC adjoining the bedroom and a full bathroom on the ground floor
- Two air-conditioned, master bedrooms opening onto the water garden terrace
- Each with a super-king four-poster bed and large dressing area
- Ensuite bathrooms with walk-in rain shower
- Both rooms have 40-inch satellite TVs, safe and bar fridge
The Bali Pavilion
- Two interconnected air-conditioned bedrooms with king-size beds
- Ensuite bathrooms with alfresco showers
- Both have private walled gardens with doors leading to the main garden.
- Beautifully adorned with antique Balinese doors and windows
- Both rooms have 40-inch satellite TVs, safe and bar fridge
The Pool Pavilion
- Two split-level air-conditioned guest suites with individual access from the garden
- Upper-level bedrooms with king-size beds and treetop views
- WCs and washbasins adjoin each room
- Ground-level dressing areas, bathrooms with showers and statement bathtub
- Spiral staircases lead to bedrooms above
- Both rooms have 40-inch satellite TVs, safe and bar fridge
The Family Pavilion
- One king-bedded room and one with small twin beds (suitable for children)
- On second level of a building by the villa entrance
- Both rooms air-conditioned, king room equipped with TV
- Rooms share a bathroom with separate WC and shower
- Ideal for a family or for a group of kids
Things to do
Villa Batujimbar’s manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- There is a 9-hole golf course at the Bali Beach Hotel in Sanur, but golf enthusiasts might want to travel further afield to Bali Golf and Country Club in Nusa Dua for 18-hole courses.
- Take the kids to Jenggala Ceramics (now based in nearby Jimbaran but originally started in the grounds of Batujimbar Estate itself) where they can glaze their own pottery while you shop for special souvenirs of this famous Bali-ware.
- An annual international kite festival takes place at Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur) every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to ten metres in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. Originally, these kites were intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests. Aside from the festival itself, visitors will see many giant kites being flown in this area from June through to August.
- Saba Bay Horse Riding has a special horseriding track (suitable for beginners) on a beautiful black sandy beach overlooking the Indian Ocean and Nusa Penida Island.
- The stretch of beach between Sanur and Ketewel is well known as a surfer’s heaven (especially in East Coast season, which runs from round about November to May, when the winds turn offshore on this side of the island), but beginners should be aware of strong, swirling currents. Good breaks can be found infront of the Grand Bali and Sanur Beach Hotels.
- There are several dive operators around Sanur, but this area is more suited to beginners or refresher courses. The better dive sites are further North in Tulumben, or out on the islands of Nusa Penida and Lembongan.
- Explore Bali’s backroads, lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Island Biker Tours. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
- If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital is an exciting and rewarding experience. Visit Denpasar’s vibrant markets, where everything and anything is available. Pasar Badung, Denpasar’s colourful central market, is the largest and oldest market in Bali. Here’s where the local people shop, and each of the market’s three floors is dedicated to different products.
- Le Mayeur Museum in Sanur is the former home of noted Belgian impressionist Adrian Jean Le Mayeur. The building is now a museum which, as well as showcasing the artist’s work, gives visitors an insight into what it must have been like to be one of Bali’s very first expats. Although in need of some maintenance, this remains one of Bali’s true hidden treasures.
- From the roaming Sumatran tigers and elephants in the jungle of Sumatra, to the hippos and cheetahs at Lake Manyara, the Safari Journey at Bali Safari and Marine Park offers a unique adventure. There’s also a Fresh Water Aquarium at the Park, as well as the Hanoman Court, which introduces exotic birds and orangutans, and is the main stage for animal educational and entertainment shows.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (20)
Lucia L, Australia, 07-Mar-2020 - 11-Mar-2020Service was great and very attentive. Food was generally very nice.
Mr R, Indonesia, 16-Feb-2020 - 28-Feb-2020Thank you for a wonderful stay at Villa Batujimbar! It's a magical place.
Anthony W, United Kingdom, 03-Feb-2020 - 10-Feb-2020What a wonderful week we have had at Villa Batujimbar. We thought the villa and staff were amazing and was a perfect place to celebrate a birthday with old friends. The food was excellent. We had a truly unforgettable time. Thank you to Ari and his team.
Stephen C, United Kingdom, 24-May-2019 - 31-May-2019We hoped our holiday in Bali would be amazing but it has been much more than we could imagined. The villa was outstanding, the garden, pool and ponds are stunning and all of the staff are brilliant, always smiling and nothing was too much trouble. A magical experience we will be back.
Daniel V, Australia, 19-May-2019 - 23-May-2019Thank you all for such a wonderful stay. What a beautiful place with a beautiful staff. We all very much enjoyed your professional and friendly service. Nothing was too much and always a beautiful smile.
Alice G, Indonesia, 22-Apr-2019 - 25-Apr-2019We had our wonderful wedding here during our stay which was made even more magical in this beautiful villa setting. Thank you to all the villa staff for their brilliant support throughout. We have loved the food, the pool, the rooms, the beautiful spot throughout. We would definitely love to visit again at some time in the future.
Adam A, Australia, 16-Apr-2019 - 21-Apr-2019Thank you for a wonderful stay in Villa Batujimbar. I am happy I had my most important moment of my life in here with a wonderful experience. My family and my self had unforgettable time here. Thanks Ari and all the friendly staff here.
Jane L, Australia, 18-Mar-2019 - 19-Mar-2019Thank you for a wonderful stay in Villa Batujimbar. The villa is stunning, location amazing and staff very lovely. Food was a highlight too. Would love to stay longer next time.
Steve S, Australia, 04-Mar-2019 - 09-Mar-2019Thank you to you and your amazing team. Our stay was special and you gave us memories forever that will never be forgotten.
Thomas S, Sweden, 21-Dec-2018 - 04-Jan-2019Thank you for a truly amazing stay. We couldn't have asked for a better place for our first experience in Bali. The staff was endlessly helpful and the facilities were always extremely well kept. We are incredibly grateful for the kindness and helpfulness we were always treated with. We all agree that this was one of the best holidays we have ever been on.
Susanna L, Sweden, 28-Oct-2018 - 09-Nov-2018From the dark and cold north we come, 19 swedes of all ages. The gentle smile of Ari and his wonderful staff made us feel like home. After 12 days and 12 nights we return to Sweden, thankful, relaxed, tanned and inspired. Villa Batujimbar is hard to describe in words. It is so rich in emotions that need to be experienced. One has to walk in the garden and discover all the art work while listening to the ocean and the birds. We all agree that this was a perfect vacation. We cannot thank Ari and his staff enough. Every day and at even moment they have given us generous attention and precious care. We are already planing to return.
Anna L, Australia, 23-Aug-2018 - 26-Aug-2018Wow.. what a stay! My partner David and I were told about this villa from a friend who lived here. We booked to stay at the villa and have our wedding here before seeing it. The photos look amazing, but they were nothing for in comparison to seeing it in person. From the moment we stepped foot in Batujimbar we were completely mesmerized. Never in our wildest dream could we have imagined such an incredible, magical and spiritual place. The ground, the room, the views, the architecture were stunning but the things that impressed us the most were the staff - their kindness, professionalism and incredible way of making us all feel very comfortable. This is a moment are will treasure for the rest of our lives. Words cannot describe the feeling my partner and I and all our party guest experienced throughout our time here. A huge thank you to Villa Batujimbar for making our special day the experience of a lifetime.
Clare M, Australia, 18-Aug-2018 - 23-Aug-2018What a slice of paradise! The location, garden, beautiful buildings, history and the wonderful staff made this holiday one of the best ever. Our every need was attended by Ari and the marvelous staff, food was amazing! The earthquakes added a little excitement and comradely thank you for your reassurance.
Rosario F, Chile, 28-Jul-2018 - 12-Aug-2018We stayed at this wonderful property for a family reunion between the Kavanagh family, Deodor family, Alsap family, Fergusan family and Boor family, we have had a wonderfull time seeing an Aussie relations and will remembered forever. The Villa staff were fantastic and made us feel very welcome and well looked after. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful. Thank you for helping us and making our stay so very special we will be back!
Joanne F, Australia, 12-Jul-2018 - 22-Jul-2018We are stayed at this wonderful property for a family reunion between the Kavanagh family, Ferguser family and Boor Family. We have had a wonderful time seeing our Aussie relations and will remember it forever. The villa staff were fantastic and made us feel very welcome well look after. Every one has been so friendly and helpful. Thank you for having us and making our stay so very special. We will be back.
Stephen T, Australia, 22-Aug-2017 - 30-Aug-2017This is a special place and special people . If we are lucky enough, we will visit again on future. Thank you to Ari and his wonderfull staff . We have had a great experience.
Marissa ., Canada, 02-Jun-2016 - 05-Jun-2016Thanks to all of the staff for making our special day go so smoothly and making our stay so enjoyable.
David N, Indonesia, 12-Apr-2016 - 17-Apr-2016Very good villa for big family with children and I will come back again in the future. Thank you for all staff for the good service.
Ali A, Iran, 23-Mar-2016 - 31-Mar-2016Unique experience, we realy appreciate the property with stunning garden. Nice and good beach in front.
Indonesia, 28-Sep-2015 - 04-Oct-2015Our close family stayed here with us for 6 days, and we also held our wedding ceremony and reception on the villa grounds. The ambiance, location and quality of Batu Jimbar was more than we could have ever dreamed for, and we would highly recommend this fabulous venue to anyone looking to have an experience of a life time.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions