The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
If you would love to be close to the beach but set apart from Bali’s more crowded tourist areas, Villa Bangkuang is a perfect choice. This stunning five-bedroom villa rests on the edge of Seseh, a traditional coastal village set between hipster Canggu and have-to-visit Tanah Lot on Bali’s south-eastern shore. The wild black sand beach is just 300 metres away, and rice fields unfurl uninterrupted from the villa garden to the ocean edge.
Created for the owner’s personal use, Villa Bangkuang has emerged fresh from an extensive 2021 remodelling by noted designers of Grand Hyatt fame. The result is a skilful blend of contemporary and traditional: vaulted alang-alang thatched pavilions with thoroughly modern interiors of tropical woods and marble filled with both custom-built and antique furniture. There’s breathing space for up to 11 adults and 3 kids, with multiple living and lounging areas looking over the enormous 17-metre pool. With three bedrooms in the main sleeping pavilion and two at the rice-field edge, this villa is particularly suitable for multi-generational families, two or three families holidaying together, or even a group of friends.
How to spend your days in this beach haven? Start with breakfast served by the villa’s attentive staff, Sprawl on the oversized daybed on the enormous deck, cool off in the pool, take coffee in the garden gazebo, work up a sweat in the villa gym, get a massage in the dedicated spa room, and then gather for cocktails on the rooftop terrace as the sun sets over the sea. Beyond the villa estate, stroll on the beach, take a yoga class, pop into a café close by, or head to the bright lights and buzz of Canggu a short drive away. When you holiday at Villa Bangkuang, you’ll never want to leave.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Villa Bangkuang is located on the edge of Seseh, a traditional Balinese village. The village borders a stretch of volcanic black sand beach that is merely 300 metres away from the villa. Hipster haven Canggu lies 9km away by road — the same distance as the sacred sea temple Tanah Lot further up the coast.
This quiet village follows the traditional generations-old rhythm of rural life focused on community, culture and rice cultivation. It’s like turning back the clock to times forgotten. The village is now gently absorbing the opening of chic cafes and eateries, as well as a yoga retreat and wellness centre — all without impacting its old-world charm, and a mere five-minute walk from the villa.More information for Things to do
The villa is well positioned for a wide range of activities and excursions within easy reach of Seseh, and the Villa Manager is happy to advise on places of interest, share local insights and insider information, arrange transport or make any bookings.
Here are some ideas to whet the appetite:
- Stroll along the black sand beach a five-minute walk away, wander the rice fields surrounding the village, or explore the area on horseback with Bali Equestrian Centre. There’s always time for a fresh juice at a local warung or barista coffee at one of the chilled cafes springing up in the area.
- Join a yoga class at Udara Bali a few minutes walk away, then be tempted by their wellness programme that includes sound healing, Watsu (aquatic bodywork) or hyperbaric oxygen chamber.
- While Seseh Beach is not suitable for swimming due to strong currents, there are some family-friendly beaches a short drive away, as well as a choice of beach clubs in the area such as Finns and Mari in Canggu.
- Make a pilgrimage to the ancient sea temple of Tanah Lot rising above the wave-lashed ocean on its craggy outcrop. Or if you prefer a quieter scene off the tourist trail, visit the sea temple Pura Gede Luhur Batungaus in Cemagi half the distance away.
- Within a single day trip you can experience some of Bali’s most majestic landscapes, including the rolling World Heritage rice terraces of Jati Luwih, the Batukaru mountain range, and Bedugul’s lake Bratan with its photogenic Pura Ulan Daun Temple.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
Shake off the stress of holiday planning. Let the Elite Concierge take care of all your bookings and arrangements, from transport, tours and restaurant reservations, to any special requests for your arrival. We’re here to make your holiday experience extraordinary.
- Living pavilion with marble-topped dining tables seating 12 for your group to gather around
- Seating area facing a 65-inch television with Netflix for movie nights
- An open-plan guest kitchen with a sit-up bar, wine fridge and cooking facilities
- The house also has a service kitchen which is out of sight
- The living areas are all air conditioned with large glass doors that can be opened up to allow the sea breeze in
- Air-conditioned library and den that opens onto a lovely garden terrace and has its own attached bathroom
- Alcoves by the bedrooms with daybeds, sofas and chairs
- Well-equipped gym with a Startrac running machine, Yesoul bike, Inspire functional trainer, MX55 weights and yoga mats
- Spa room with a massage bed, aesthetic water feature and calming rice field views
- A refreshing 17.5-metre greenstone-tiled swimming pool with views that extend across paddies
- Sundeck with four sun loungers facing the length of the pool towards rice fields
- Large entertainment terrace with antique daybeds and a sit-up bar counter
- Garden gazebo with seating for four, the perfect spot for reading a book
- Rooftop sunset terrace with a bale and seating with prime views across rice fields towards the ocean
- All the bedrooms boast verandas and decks for private alfresco living
- Beautiful tropical garden with a small stream flowing through, and a working rice field
Master Bedroom Suite
- Palatial master suite spread across the entire upper level of the main sleeping pavilion
- Grand four-poster bed and sitting area with a sofa set
- A 55-inch flat-screen TV for your viewing pleasure
- Light-filled space with vaulted ceilings, Bengkirai wood floors, and three walls of glass allowing endless views
- Large air-conditioned dressing room with wardrobes and an extra-wide desk/vanity area
- Majestic air-conditioned bathroom with twin stone basins, a walk-in rain shower, terrazzo bathtub, and more clothes storage
- Breezy full-width balcony with built-in daybed looking onto the garden and rice fields
Guest Bedroom 1
- Located closest to the entrance in the main sleeping pavilion at the ground level
- Perfect for elder or less mobile guests
- Tastefully furnished with a four-poster bed
- A comfortable sofa that can be set up as an extra bed, if required
- A planters chair to recline on for a moment of reflection
- Indoor-outdoor bathroom with granite basins, walk-in rain shower, terrazzo bathtub and a heliconia-filled garden
- Lovely outdoor deck with views of the garden
Triple Family Room
- Huge L-shaped air-conditioned bedroom located next to the guest bedroom
- Three single beds and a large sofa that can be set up as a fourth bed, if required
- Elegant furnishing including matching ottomans
- Ideal space for children as well as young adults
- One bed is set apart, so could be suitable for a live-in nanny supervising young ones
- The room opens onto a private courtyard garden with traditional Javanese rattan chairs
- Bathroom with stone basins, walk-in rain shower and terrazzo bathtub
Seaview Garden Guest Bedrooms 4&5
- Two guest bedrooms share a separate pavilion in the garden bordering rice fields
- Each room has a king-size bed on a raised platform
- The rooms are well furnished, each with a planters chair, work desk, and a window seat
- Walk-through wardrobe leading to the ensuite bathroom
- Each bathroom has a stone basin, walk-in rain shower and terrazzo bathtub
- Sliding doors that lead to a small deck with ocean views across the rice fields
- The bedrooms share a private lounging area with antique rattan sofa facing the view
There’s nothing like gathering family and friends around an elegant table for a convivial meal and lively conversation.
For other meals, we can hire a chef (extra charge) to whip up meals in the well-equipped guest kitchen that opens onto the living area. No need to bother with shopping, as the staff members are happy to shop for provisions in local markets and speciality food shops. Please note that groceries and beverages are charged at market price (plus a 20% handling fee which is subject to service and tax at the prevailing rate).
For guests who want to take a holiday from preparing meals, there is a growing choice of cafes within easy walking distance, and the gourmet scene of Canggu and Seminyak are a short car ride away. Or to enjoy dining in the comfort of the villa, staff can arrange food deliveries from restaurants covering a world of different cuisines. There is also the option to engage a private chef for a celebratory meal, or to prepare a special barbecue dinner and the like (extra charges apply).View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service