The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Melodious birdsong and endless views of the Western Ghats - that's what you wake up to at the charming Villa Alborz in Lonavala, the green jewel of Maharashtra, India. As you walk out onto the balcony adjoining your room, you soak in the emerald views and fresh mountain air before heading down to the dining room for a delectable breakfast spread. Vacation days should all be like this.
Feel a sense of renewal as you settle into this tranquil mountain home, away from the bustle of Mumbai and its chaos. Rolling lawns, a sparkling pool and ample entertainment options such as table tennis, a game of chess in the shaded verandah, evening chai by the poolside or singing games around the bonfire at night, this is leisure at its luxurious best.
Perched at an elevation of 3,000 ft. at the base of the Visapur Fort, Villa Alborz will truly transport you and your loved ones to cloud nine. For the explorers, the Elite Concierge would be happy to organise excursions to nearby historic forts and caves, where you can enjoy a curated, picnic-style lunch or any other activity that you may wish. For others, the privacy and comfort of this amazing villa may be just what's needed to finally complete a work assignment or even paint that blank canvas. Adorned with hand-picked, antique wooden furniture, this charming villa is an idyllic abode for all seasons.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
A popular weekend getaway from Mumbai and Pune, Lonavala offers a quiet and scenic break from the frenetic pace of city life. Located just 82km from Mumbai and 68km from Pune, it is enveloped within the Western Ghats, surrounded by vast expanses of lush greenery. City dwellers come here to rest their tired eyes and simply get away from it all. With no happening restaurant scene or hip social activity, this is the place to enjoy a languid pace of life. Monsoon season is the best time to visit as it is the time of the year when the hills come alive with numerous waterfalls. Visitors flock here to hike or trek in the verdant mountains or get drenched under the many waterfalls that suddenly sprout up amid the hills. Sit back, relax, read a book and do nothing at this enchanting place.More information for Things to do
Your Guest Relations Manager and the team will have a wealth of information about Lonavala and can recommend everything, from local food spots to mountain treks. They’re a great resource for adventure activities, cultural hotspots and hiking areas in and around Lonavala. A car and driver can be hired for the day (on extra charge) or shorter periods, as required. Here are a few things to do in the area that you may enjoy:
- Lonavala has a strong historical background (it was part of the ancient Yadava Dynasty, before being annexed by the Mughals, and later ‘discovered’ by Sir Elphinstone, the Governor of Bombay), which means that there are plenty of caves to explore. These caves - Karla, Bhaja and Bedsa - were all built around the 2nd century BC and feature Buddhist inscriptions and sculptures.
- Just 15km from the main town, Lohagad Fort offers awe-inspiring 360-degree views of the surrounding mountains. A 350-steps climb brings you to the top of the fort, which is about 1,050-metres high. It is connected to the neighbouring Visapur Fort by a small range, and the Bhaja Caves are a short detour away.
- While making your way up the hills in the monsoons, you’ll come across various spots with gushing waterfalls (Kune Falls and Kataldhar Falls are popular ones) and green paths that you can explore on a walk or hike. Many lead up to the forts, the nearby Pawna Lake, or simply through the lush foliage surrounding the town.
- If you’re interested in adventure activities, spend a day at the Della Adventure theme park or Imagica. A great day out for the family, Della offers 50 activities, including the Swoop Swing, Flying Fox, Sky Cycling, Paintball, ATV rides, and rappelling. The park has six dining destinations serving a variety of cuisines such as Parsi, Punjabi, Mughlai and local Malvani. While not within Lonavala, Imagica is just a 40-minute drive (27km) away at Khopoli and is a 130-acre theme park with attractions for both kids and adults as well as on-site restaurants, a water park and a snow park.
- For local street food, try Buva’s misal restaurant, located just off Fariyas Hotel. They serve a variety of misal (mixed pulses with chutneys, onions and tomatoes, eaten with local bread called pav), as well as bhajiyas (vegetable fritters). Golden Vada Pav, in the market area, is a hot favourite for vada pav (fried potato dumpling nestled between local bread smeared with their signature spicy chutney). If you like Punjabi, dhaba-style (street) food, check out Sunny Da Dhaba on the old Mumbai-Pune highway. With dishes such as butter chicken, black dal and pillowy soft naans, you’re bound to leave with a food coma.
- Want to play it safe? Check out German Bakery on the main road, which serves a mix of European, Asian, and Indian food. From pasta and pizzas to dim sum and noodles, you’ll get it all here. Also try out the Italian, family-style restaurant, The Oven, which is set on a mushroom farm and serves wood-fired pizzas, lasagne, and pastas.
- Those interested in wellness can take a yoga class or enrol in a workshop at Kaivalyadhama. They offer workshops on Pranayama, Patanjali Yoga Sutras and Yoga Therapy and Counselling for beginners and advanced students.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
- Open-plan living room with sliding glass doors, high ceilings and sofa seating around a freeform coffee table
- Dining table for ten people with mountain views
- Family room with a sunroof and table tennis
- Fully equipped kitchen for your use
- Spacious parking and long driveway
- Green lawns for picnics or just a game of catch
- Sparkling swimming pool with sun beds and alfresco dining
- Long covered verandah that runs the length of the living and dining room with rattan sofa seating
- Provision for bonfires at night
- Four ensuite bedrooms with king-size beds
- Some rooms may be built over two levels, with a separate loft area
- Work desk or lounge seating
- High ceilings, full-length glass doors and antique furniture
- Terraces and patios adjoining the room
The diversity of cuisine in India is unparalleled and no visit to one of our India villas is complete without sampling the delicious fare on offer. It is well-known that the best food in any country is homemade and cooked in the kitchens of the locals. At Elite Havens, we bring the experience of home dining to you, albeit in style. Relish local and international fare cooked to your taste by a private cook who will craft meals to delight you, day after day.
From breakfast until dinner, appetizers to desserts, dining promises to be a memorable affair at an elite haven. It is a common misconception that Indian food is spicy. Discover the myriad flavours of the various regions of this ancient country, cuisines that go far beyond Chicken Tikka Masala, and try age-old recipes passed from generation to generation. When you seek a bit of comfort, our cooks will be happy to revert back to international dishes of your preference. Come, indulge your senses in a way that only India can promise.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service