The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Umah Daun is an imposing five-bedroom villa presiding over rice fields just north of Umalas village in Bali’s popular Canggu district. The villa’s super-sized rooms are spread across an interlinked series of pavilions capped with extraordinary leaf-shaped roofs – umah daun means leaf house in the Indonesian language.
Acclaimed Bali architect Jeghier is behind the distinctive design aesthetic – exciting light-filled spaces that flow seamlessly towards the rice fields beyond curved walls of fully retractable bi-fold glass doors. Everything is over-sized for optimum sociability and comfort, from the double-height living room with two distinct seating areas to the huge dining table sculpted from a five-metre slab of solid wood, to the dining bale by the extra-long pool and the enormous sunset roof terrace. The five bedroom suites are equally generous in size, with supremely comfortable beds and large bathrooms.
Umah Daun’s extensive facilities will keep guests busy all day; there’s a games room with pool table and table football, a media room with 60-inch TV, and a library. Kids are well catered for too, with their own playroom with TV, Nintendo Wii and games, a two-level tree house, and a large wading pool sectioned off from the main pool. Looking after all guests is the nine-strong staff, including an accomplished chef.
With its stunning design, uncompromising quality and excellent facilities, Umah Daun will appeal to families and groups of friends who appreciate the luxury of abundant indoor and outdoor spaces and entertainment options while relishing the proximity to Bali’s famed sunset beaches and Seminyak’s best restaurants, bars and boutiques a short taxi ride away.
Fabulous for kids
"What a wonderful location to see trough the end of 2018 and the down of the new year. We echo all the previous comments about the quality of the home and of course the team here at Umah Daun.
We had a fabulous time, Bali amazing - the best.
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 07-Apr-2019.
Features and amenities
- Stunning air-conditioned and fan-cooled living pavilion with soaring leaf-shaped roof
- Air-conditioned and fan-cooled dining room with table seating 14
- Superbly equipped open-plan kitchen with climate-controlled wine room
- Air-conditioned media room with 60-inch satellite channel TV, DVD player and Sonos Playbar surround-sound system
- Air-conditioned library with leather armchairs
- Air-conditioned billiard room with billiard table, table football and 40-inch TV
- Children's playroom with 40-inch TV and lots of board games and toys
- Children's two-level 'tree house'
- Large dining bale with table for 12, bar counter and kitchenette
- Raised deck area protected by a sail shade
- 16-metre swimming pool with sunken lava-stone recliners and 6-metre wading pool for the kids
- Huge roof terrace with bar and seating
- Palatial second-level master suite opening onto a large deck overlooking the rice terraces
- Antique king-size bed under a soaring leaf-shaped roof
- Huge marble-lined bathroom with multi-jet monsoon shower, double basins and statement bathtub
- Two large walk-in wardrobes
- Four guest bedrooms with king-size beds, three of which convert to twins
- Light-filled marble-lined bathrooms with walk-in showers and statement bathtubs (in three).
Overlooking an expanse of working rice fields, Umah Daun rests at the end of a cul-de-sac in a quiet Balinese residential area just north of the village of Umalas. ATMs, a mini-mart, a bakery and a health food store are within walking distance, and it’s only a five-kilometre drive to Seminyak’s chic shops and restaurants, or seven to surfing hot-spot Berawa Beach.
Things to doVilla Umah Daun’s manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- With its warm seas, almost year round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world renowned.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- If you’ve always dreamed of galloping along a beach or riding through villages bordered by rice fields, now’s your chance. Bali Horse Adventure and Kuda P Stables (both in nearby Pererenan) can arrange horse riding tours, as well as children’s riding lessons and horse-drawn carriage outings.
- Visit the mystical Hotel Tugu (Bali’s first museum-hotel) studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques and its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. If you’re planning a honeymoon, this makes a wonderful first night venue. The hotel's restaurants offer authentic Chinese and Indonesian fine dining, as well as an international menu, in a variety of unique settings. At the rustic Waroeng Tugu you can taste the traditional Javanese and Balinese cuisine of bygone centuries.
- Make a pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests (and watch out for the monkeys, who are very adept at helping themselves to anything from snacks to sunglasses and even cameras!)
- Desa Seni at Berawa Beach, is an eco-friendly village resort providing an authentic Indonesian experience through the exploration of culture, art and yoga. The resort offers a wide variety of yoga classes and also has its own spa.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Sardine and Métis.
- There's a strip of restaurants and cafés at Echo Beach offering a wide range of dining options from chic and sceneful to cheap and cheerful. Try The Beach House for fresh seafood barbecues every night and live music on Sundays, and do check out Café Dian, and Mandira for their great fish ‘n chips.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions