Permata Ayung Private Estate
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
Set in a hidden valley in Bali’s lush Ubud hills, Permata Ayung Private Estate is something else. Sprawling across five hectares of tropical gardens on the banks of the sacred Ayung River, it truly is a magical haven, an entire boutique property for your sole use. The estate is built as a collection of individual pavilions holding 12 bedrooms, each worthy of being called a villa in itself.
Translating as the ‘jewel of the Ayung River,’ this private luxury escape sleeps 24 in air-conditioned comfort. Besides gazing at the endless paddy views all around, you are spoilt for choice when it comes to entertainment options. Work out in the gym while enjoying green views outside, get a blissful Balinese massage in the stunning riverside Bamboo Spa, take a dip in the gorgeous 20-metre private pool within the tropical gardens, or watch a late-night movie in the plush home cinema.
Each bedroom is a work of art with high ceilings, day beds, terraces and lavish bathrooms with stone bathtubs. Perfect for weddings and large events, the estate boasts a romantic bridal suite, making it an inspired venue of choice. The location is also perfect for wellness holidays and yoga retreats, with birdsong and the gentle sound of the river flowing as your only distraction.
Take in the tropical vibes while indulging in organic juices, signature cocktails and enticing gourmet cuisine prepared by your private chef. When it comes to quiet time, a collection of antique wood houses from Java create large, luxurious air-conditioned ensuite bedrooms with private balconies and terraces overlooking the verdant valley.
While the architecture channels aristocratic Java, the setting is pure exotic Bali, a lush wonderland of coconut groves and frangipani trees, with soothing views of glimmering rice terraces tumbling to the river. The spirit of Bali is strong here too. Feel it in the roar of the mighty Ayung River, the ornate Hindu shrines, the stone statues peeking out from leafy foliage, and the smiles of the attentive staff, most of whom come from the village nearby and will welcome you like family.
Chances are you won’t want to leave this heavenly sanctuary, but if you do, Ubud with its ornate palaces, atmospheric temples and treasure-filled museums is just eight kilometres away.
This haven includes
Rates and availability
Tucked into a picturesque valley, with five hectares of tropical gardens and an enchanting riverside setting to lose yourself in, Permata Ayung Private Estate is a deliciously exclusive hideaway that you probably won’t want to leave. But if you are curious to explore, start by crossing the river via the swinging bridge and hike the terraced rice fields to discover a very traditional side of Bali. Or take a walk in the village of Bongkasa, right outside the gates, home to many of the staff members. Bali Swing is just four kilometres from the Estate and makes for a memorable experience and sensational IG posts. Meanwhile Ubud, with its temples, museums and palaces, as well as boutiques and restaurants is only eight kilometres away, easily reached with the Estate’s car and driver (extra charge).More information for Things to do
Permata Ayung Private Estate is in the Ubud region, home to some of Bali’s most iconic cultural attractions. The Villa Manager will have a wealth of information about places to visit nearby and staff members will also be happy to share their unique insider information on the area. Please contact the Elite Concierge if you need to make bookings or any other arrangements.
- Watch the antics of the long-tailed macaque monkeys at Ubud’s Sacred Monkey Forest. But make sure to mind your belongings, and don’t bring in any food as these monkeys are skilled pick-pockets!
- No visit to Ubud is complete without seeing at least one traditional dance performance. This is a great opportunity to see classic Hindu legends being told through dancers in colourful Balinese costumes, performed at The Ubud Palace, Water Palace and other atmospheric venues.
- Shop till you drop as you explore the boutiques, galleries, jewellery houses and homeware stores that line Jalan Monkey Forest and Jalan Hanuman in Ubud. Pause a while and have lunch or a snack in one of the town’s healthy cafes.
- Experience adventure, incredible jungle views and some very Instagrammable moments at Bali Swing with a range of swings and rides that will have you flying high across the valley.
- Treat the family to a day out on the water. Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan.
- Explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Acclaimed as the world’s best, the atmospheric Elephant Safari Park in Taro (north of Ubud) provides a sanctuary for elephants rescued from Sumatra, with opportunities for trekking, hand feeding, and photo taking. There is also a fascinating museum and an excellent restaurant in a beautiful tropical setting deep in the forests of Bali’s hinterland.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
LEAVE THE PLANNING TO US
Shake off the stress of holiday planning. Let the Elite Concierge take care of all your bookings and arrangements, from transport, tours and restaurant reservations, to any special requests for your arrival. We’re here to make your holiday experience extraordinary.
- Beautiful living room in an open-sided joglo overlooking the infinity pool, furnished with large wooden tables and teak benches, comfortable sofas, antique furnishings, a bar, and coffee table books.
- Air-conditioned gym with lovely green vistas. The fully equipped gym boasts a treadmill, weights, exercise bike and 3-in-1 home gym, with an iPod dock, changing room, and stunning valley views.
- Dining joglo overlooking koi ponds and enchanting gardens, with a long teak table that seats 12 and four round tables each seating five diners.
- Kitchen pavilion where staff members prepare memorable meals from an a la carte menu.
- Enjoy drinks in the Bulldog Bar inspired by the bars of Amsterdam with whimsical lighting, a long teak bar and an outside deck.
- Movies are a delight in the green velvet home theatre on the 70-inch flat-screen satellite-channel TV and DVD player.
- What is Bali without a massage, or ten? Relax in your private Bamboo Spa at the river’s edge designed by renowned bamboo architect, Elora Hardy. This is your own personal wellness centre, with two single massage rooms, one double massage room, a sauna and steam room, hot tub, cold plunge pool and even a beauty salon.
- 20-meter infinity pool tiled in gleaming Javanese green stone, surrounded by a timber pool deck and six antique day beds shaded by sunbrellas.
- Stairway to Heaven, leading to extensive gardens, with teak day beds for valley gazing.
- A riverside terrace, perfect for small weddings, cocktail receptions and romantic starlit dinners.
Permata Ayung Estate
Twelve magnificent, air-conditioned bedroom suites which can accommodate up to 24 adults. The rooms are all located within restored teak wood Javanese houses, furnished with antiques and evocative art work. Self contained and beautiful enough to qualify as villas in their own right, each consists of a lounge area, flat-screen satellite-channel TVs, iPod docks, a mini bar, Malongo coffee machine, and a quintessential balcony or terrace to soak in the garden and valley views.
The Winong Pati Suite
Two-storey suite with a bedroom downstairs boasting a dreamy four-poster bed, a large corner desk, fantastical bathroom, and a private balcony. Walk upstairs to find an open-sided living area filled with treasures, a baby grand piano, teak four-poster daybed and lounge suite. This suite is perfect for small families.
Epitome of romance with a platform bed built for a king and queen with a mosquito net. The room leads to a private garden with a dining table, and has a luxurious bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, besides its own personal kitchen.
An arty bedroom suite with a canopied bed, Chesterfield lounge, lavish bathroom with a stone carved tub, and chairs.
A self-contained, private riverside setting. Take in breathtaking views from the upstairs bedroom and its balcony, while the lower floor houses an open-plan kitchen, a dining room and a living area.
Four bedrooms; two upstairs with balconies and two downstairs with garden terraces, each with a four-poster bed, mosquito nets and modern bathrooms with terrazzo tubs.
Two suites with four-poster beds, mosquito nets, and large stone carved bath tubs.
Two suites with bedrooms on the upper floor furnished with twin single beds convertible to kings, and semi-outdoor bathrooms with rain showers. The lower floor offers social opportunities around the living area, kitchen and the dining table.
With a talented chef and kitchen team preparing gourmet meals served in an atmospheric dining joglo amidst koi ponds and tropical gardens, dining at Permata Ayung is a highlight of each stay.
Dinners served at the long table under a glittering chandelier are particularly memorable. If you want to steal a few moments away from the rest of the group, we can arrange a special candlelit alfresco meal for you and your partner on the riverside deck, an enchanting and romantic spot.
The a la carte menu offers all kinds of tantalising dishes. The kitchen does all the baking in-house, which means that you can enjoy flaky croissants and Danish pastries fresh from the oven at breakfast, served with perfectly prepared barista coffee, of course. Indulge in an Asian Chicken Salad at lunch, or perhaps a pizza or tender Wagyu beef burger by the pool. Fresh fettuccine is made in house too, and you can select a bottle of wine from the estate’s cellar to pair with any meal.
Rich and aromatic traditional Indonesian curries are another must-try, served with home-made sambal, delicious pickles and shrimp crackers.
Celebrating something special? The chef will be happy to prepare a Rijsttafel (Indonesian banquet) or a decadent seafood barbecue, while entertainment can also be arranged with a local dance troupe. After dinner, head down to the Bulldog Bar for a heady bar experience and try the signature cocktails. The Mojito is our favourite, made with fresh mint from the garden.
Healthy organic juices and herbal teas are served throughout the day. Meals can be customised to any special dietary requirements or specific requests. Please discuss your food preferences with the chef in advance.View a sample menu
Need more inspiration?
We're at your service