The Arsana Estate
The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Set in a beautiful rural area of rice fields and jungle-clad river valleys in Tabanan, this splendid four-bedroom villa occupies an expansive two hectare estate flowing down a terraced hillside in south-west Bali, within pristine Balinese gardens. The Arsana Estate offers the perfect setting for large family and group retreats, weddings and events as it blends an exceptional location with outstanding facilities and an exceptional team of villa staff.
The Arsana Estate is a completely self-contained villa, giving guests no real need to venture out at all, but a visit to the nearby village – one of the prettiest in Bali – and experience a true example of Balinese community and village life should not be missed.
The very name of the villa describes its thoughtful layout. Arsana means ‘flow’ in Sanskrit, and not only does the villa’s name aptly describe the way The Arsana Estate’s individual bedroom and living pavilions cascade down the hillside into the nearby valley, but also the Sungi River that meanders past its lower boundary. Water features abound at The Arsana Estate, where ponds, water walls, waterfalls, and an 19m x 7m swimming pool with a separate children’s section will refresh, relax and delight villa guests. The villa also has its own tennis court and a very large green space for children.
The villa’s sleek modern structures, with their ironwood shingle roofs and abundance of glass, reflect the ambiance of the location and the purity of the natural surroundings, while the interiors are characterised with a bold use of colour and luxurious furnishings. Presenting many different options for large groups to dine or entertain, the villa also has a cinema room as well as a games room, complete with a pool table. Unique artwork adorns what solid wall space there is, while the front facade of the living pavilion is an abstract notion of floor-to-ceiling glass doors and windows that remain open to the elements.
The villa’s four bedroom suites, housed in three stand-alone pavilions, include a spectacular multi-roomed master pavilion and an eight-bedded children's slumber room, spread leisurely across the terraces of the estate. Fully outfitted for families, each room has a separate day bed area suitable to sleep children. with an abundance of children’s toys, plus games and activities for adults too, this stunning sanctuary with its team of personal butlers, housekeepers and chefs, offers guests nothing but pleasure and relaxation.
Attentive, smiling staff
Gorgeous views from bedrooms
Great entertainment facilities
"We have had such an incredible time here at Arsana. The service made it feel like family away from home. We will certainly be looking again in the future for our next holiday to Bali.
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 10-Jun-2019.
- Huge U-shaped living pavilion with multiple seating areas, dining table for 16 and open plan guest kitchen and bar. Multi-zone Sonos sound system
- Home cinema with 85-inch satellite channel TV, 135-inc retractable projector screen, Apple TV, DVD player and video library, PS4
- Games room with pool table, foosball, cabinet of puzzles and board games
- Gym/yoga balé with a river-deck view; treadmill, rowing machine and sophisticated weights system
- Sitting room and study in master bedroom pavilion
- Living pavilion sun terrace lining infinity edge pond
- 19-metre swimming pool with shallow area and twin sun decks
- Open-sided pool pavilion with seating and dining areas, and two washrooms
- Poolside alfresco bar and butler station
- Poolside massage annexe
- Breakfast pergola with table for 10
- Riverfront balé
- Balé overlooking the treetops at highest point of estate
- Hard surface tennis court
- Large gardens with rolling terraced lawns, mature trees and myriad flower beds
- Children’s play area with trampoline, football field
- Bedroom furnished with a king-size bed, plaited leather chairs and an oriental rug
- Alcove sitting area with 50-inch satellite channel TV and DVD player (can be converted in to children’s sleeping area)
- Bathroom with statement twin vanity and rain shower
- Inter-connecting door to children’s bunk room
- Furnished veranda
- All indoor areas are air-conditioned
- Two air-conditioned bedrooms each with bathrooms, one with king bed, the other with twins that can be configured as a king
- Daybed are with 50-inch satellite channel TV and DVD player (can be converted in to children’s sleeping area)
- Garden veranda with armchairs oriented for the view
- Twin beds that can be configured as a king
- Three sets of built-in bunk beds (sleeping six)
- 65-inch TV
- Sliding doors onto a garden play area with football field and trampoline
The Arsana Estate occupies two hectares of glorious terraced hillside gardens bordered by a jungle-clad river in the quiet traditional village of Nyambu in the Tabanan Regency of Southwest Bali. Known as Bali’s ‘rice bowl’, this fertile area features rice fields unfurling to the horizon, where farmers follow the rhythms of their forefathers and our guests can witness village life little changed in generations. Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot sea temple and famed surfing beaches are just over 10 kilometres away, Canggu’s hip bars and cafés about the same distance, and the restaurants and boutiques of Seminyak around half an hour’s drive to the east.
Things to do
The Arsana Estate’s guest relations manager has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Chat to the staff too; many have been attached to the villa for some time and are a great source of insider information.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round season, uncrowded beaches and reef breaks suitable for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world renowned. Seseh and Canggu are popular surf spots within easy reach of The Arsana Estate.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the 'real' Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- If you’ve always dreamed of galloping along a beach or even swimming with horses, now’s your chance. Bali Island Horse Stables at Pantai Yeh Gangga is an Australian owned outfit just up the coast from Tanah Lot Temple.
- Visit the mystical Hotel Tugu (Bali’s first museum-hotel) studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques and its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. If you’re planning a honeymoon, this makes a wonderful first night venue. The hotel's restaurants offer authentic Chinese and Indonesian fine dining, as well as an international menu, in a variety of unique settings. At the rustic Waroeng Tugu you can taste the traditional Javanese and Balinese cuisine of bygone centuries.
- Make a pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s most celebrated sea temples. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient place of worship is best savoured at sunset; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests (and watch out for the monkeys, who are very adept at helping themselves to anything from snacks to sunglasses and even cameras!)
- Explore Bali's backroads, lakes, volcanoes, forests and beaches on the back of a Harley Davidson bike with Bali Eagle Bikers. Full day Harley tours, customised tours or shorter joy rides can all be accommodated.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, chic boutiques. There is a wide choice of fine dining, mid range, and cheap ‘n cheerful restaurants in Seminyak too: fine dining venues include Sarong, the famous Ku Dé Ta, Mama San, La Lucciola, Sardine and Métis.
- There's a strip of restaurants and cafés at Echo Beach offering a wide range of dining options from chic and sceneful to cheap and cheerful. Or head a little further down the coast and explore the ever-expanding choice of hip cafés and healthy eateries along Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong in Canggu.
- Explore the charming local Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions