The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Located amidst sloping rice terraces in the village of Umalas in southwest Bali, the five-bedroom Villa Surya Damai is a sprawling estate designed and built in the classic Bali style of thatched roofs, high pitched ceilings, open sided living areas, semi-open air bathrooms and lots of Indonesian antiques and local craftsmanship. This is a villa that gives guests a true Bali experience of sense of space and authenticity.
Following the design of a traditional Balinese family compound the villa consists of six separate pavilions built around a massive garden space filled with coconut palms, mature trees, and flowering frangipanis. These comprise the master and guest suites, a two-storey pavilion with three bedrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, and a central open-sided, multi-use living area facing an 18m x 5m green tiled swimming pool that sits alongside an expansive and well-manicured lawn.
Relaxation is well taken care of thanks to the comfortably furnished living pavilion, sun loungers beside the pool, private verandas outside each bedroom, and an additional lounge/TV room on the upstairs veranda, all providing more than enough options for both private and social moments. Recreational facilities include three TVs and DVD players, the large pool, iPod docks and a tennis court.
The villa is staffed by a team of 14 including a manager, chefs, butlers, housekeeping, gardeners and 24-hour security, all of who are dedicated to making a guest’s stay as perfect as possible. Food can be ordered off a suggestion menu of Western and Asian favourites or special Balinese dishes such as suckling pig, roast or a fresh seafood barbeque can be arranged ahead of time with no fuss, and all served wither in the air-conditioned dining pavilion or alfresco under the stars by the pool.
With all the beauty, serenity and masses of space available to guests, Surya Damai is ideal for families with lots of kids or groups who really just want to relax and live well and let the Bali holiday lifestyle flow over them.
Georgeous open Bali style villa with space
Friendly and well trained staff
Lovely mature gardens and tennis court
"Everything here was fabulous - food, staff and villa. Loved Bali and will be returning again soon. Had some great days out too - Ubud, potato head, Finns, Sardine and La Laguna and all would be recommended. Also in house treatment and massage at the villa. Thank you to all Surya Damai for making this family holiday so memorable.
Real time availability
- Early bird enjoys up to 15% discount when booking 150 days in advance.*
- Last minute bookings enjoy up to 10% discount when checking in before 10-May-2019.
- Fan cooled open-sided living pavilion overlooking the pool and gardens
- Satellite TV/DVD player and Bose sound system
- Dining room encased in glass folding doors
- 12-seater aged teak dining table with upholstered chairs
- Fully equipped kitchen
- 18 x 5m infinity-edge swimming pool surrounded by stone deck and cushioned sun-loungers
- Tropical garden with lawns, tall trees and verdant foliage
- Scenic rice paddy views
- Balinese lanterns and fire beacons illuminating the garden in the evenings
- Pool side al fresco dining table shaded by parasols, seats eight
- Fan cooled timber veranda makes alterative living area, with sofas, floor cushions, satellite TV/DVD player and sound system
- King-size four-poster bed
- Carved wall decorations
- Open air garden bathroom with tub, outdoor shower and stone deck
- Air conditioned sitting room with satellite TV and DVD player and small library
- Two timber verandas, one with cushioned daybed, one with rattan furniture
Principal Guest Suite
- King-size antique four-poster wooden bed with hand-painted headboard
- Veranda with day bed and rattan furniture
- Garden bathroom with sunken tub and outdoor rain shower
- Air conditioned
Guest Bedrooms Three and Four
- Two adjacent ground floor bedrooms in the main two-story pavilion
- Twin beds with trundle beds, so each room can sleep four
- Modern artwork
- Open air garden bathrooms with sunken tubs and rain showers
- Air conditioned
Guest Bedroom Five
- Second story location with breezy veranda and rice field views
- Queen-size four-poster bed
- Antique furnishings
- Indoor bathroom with shower
- Air conditioned
Villa Surya Damai is located at the edge of the village of Umalas, one of a group of small rural communities that constitute the Kerobokan district, just north of bustling Seminyak. Umalas is home to a growing number of foreign-owned residences and traditional dwellings.
The villa lies off a narrow lane that runs across a small bridge and dissects the rice fields. To the side of the villa, immediately outside the front wooden entrance doors, is a field of grazing cows. A pleasant 20-minute or so walk through farming communities and rice fields brings you to the nearest beach, Batubelig. Great for surfing, this black sand beach, like many along this south-west coastline, has strong currents, so is not advisable for novice swimmers. For surf-patrolled waters and more developed beachside amenities, head south to Legian Beach, seven kilometres away.
Things to do
- Sports enthusiasts should head to Bali’s prestigious Finns Beach Club (a 5-10 minute short cut through the rice fields or 15 minutes by car) with its state-of-the-art gym and tennis and squash courts. After work-outs, reward yourself with gourmet goodies at the nearby Deli.
- A string of naturally beautiful beaches, some renowned for their surf, are all within relatively easy access along this southwest coastline. Nearest is Batubelig Beach, around 10 to 15 minutes by car, but for the area’s premier surf, head to legendary surfer’s haunt, Echo Beach (8km), which also provides handy post-surf sunset drinking. Whichever beach you choose, all are in prime position for fabulous sunsets.
- Alternatively, if you want to learn to surf, head down to Legian Beach, (25-30 minutes drive) and its Double Six area, home of reputable Rip School of Surf. With the surf school’s long experience and Legian’s manageable waves and sandy bottomed seas, this is a great spot for novice surfers, plus excellent brunches along the beachfront.
- Bali Equestrian Centre is conveniently located five kilometres away. Horse lovers will enjoy the extensive facilities on the 300 hectares of pristine rural land surrounded by rice fields and idyllic villages. Take the chance to learn tricks from the experienced and internationally-accredited instructors of BEC.
- Built in traditional Indonesian-style, with amazing antique wood dwellings, eco-friendly Desa Seni Village Resort (a 5-10 minute short-cut through the rice fields or 15 minutes by car) hosts excellent yoga and spiritual workshops in open-air pavilions. This acclaimed resort also boasts a health-giving, organic restaurant in rustic surrounds.
- Make the de rigueur pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot (a 25 minute drive), one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savored at sunset; make sure you receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests.
- Fashionistas and shop-a-holics should hotfoot it down to Bali’s hippest suburb, Seminyak, a 20-25 minute drive south. Here, you can indulge for hours in the globally-inspired gourmet restaurants, stylish designer boutiques and chic bars – including much hyped Ku Dé Ta, on Seminyak beachfront.
- Drive westwards to explore the unchartered West Bali region, where the charming Tabanan Regency reveals terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black sand beaches dotted with fishing communities – treasures that Bali is famed for.
- For a day of culture and dramatic landscapes, drive directly north from the villa for a couple of hours, up towards the mountain town of Bedugul. From here, explore three volcanic lakes, including Bratan, with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions