The villa you chose is no longer available for rental from us but we have a portfolio of Elite Havens in various locations around South East Asia for you to choose from. Alternatively feel free to send us an enquiry and it'll be our pleasure to help you find the perfect villa for your next holiday.
A holiday here includes
Known for its Japanese flair, exquisite hospitality and world-class dining, Hirafu Village has developed a stellar reputation for outdoor pursuits while drawing in an increasingly international crowd.
And speaking of flair, we can’t think of a more glamorous place to experience Hirafu’s winter or summer than the stunning five-bedroom Seshu Chalet.
Sustainably designed using natural building materials, Seshu Chalet dazzles with stylish interiors. Set across three floors, this is a vast yet delightfully cosy home to return to after spending a day hiking, skiing, playing golf – or indeed taking part in any of Hirafu’s other endless nature activities.
Seshu Chalet has two spacious master bedrooms and two identical guest rooms, each appointed with split king-size beds, chic designer furniture and sumptuous ensuite bathrooms. The fifth bedroom can be set up with twin beds, or as a charming Japanese-style tatami room, with access to a separate toilet and shower.
After a long day on the slopes, you will love returning to Seshu Chalet’s warm embrace and soaking in the soothing outdoor jacuzzi. Accommodating up to eight people, the jacuzzi is one of the highlights of this mountain mansion, making it a preferred stay option for many.
Meals are a social affair at Seshu Chalet, gathered around the contemporary, open-plan kitchen or dining space that can easily seat twelve people. For some fresh air, you can enjoy barbecues on the extensive first-floor terrace during summertime or impromptu alfresco dining with a view.
The chalet’s three lounge areas are particularly cosy in the evening, thanks to their tasteful, soft lighting, while the modern fireplace’s warm and relaxing glow serves as an ongoing invitation for sharing each other’s outdoor adventure tales.
With its gorgeous design, excellent amenities and central location, Seshu Chalet represents mountain living at its swankiest – whatever the season may be.
Large open-plan kitchen
Gorgeous traditional tatami room
8-seater outdoor jacuzzi
"I highly recommend Seshu. The house is more wonderful than the photo !!"
Rates and Real time availability
Early Bird Discount Rate
Early Bird Discount Rate
Enjoy 15% discount for bookings confirmed from 1st September until 30th November 2020, for stays between 14th December 2020 and 31st March 2021.
We understand that flexibility is required for travel planning in the current Covid-19 scenario, so should your flights be cancelled or a government travel advisory require you to be quarantined, we guarantee a full refund of the amount paid or a credit for the amount paid that can be used within 12 months of your check-in date, in the same chalet, subject to availability, valid for new bookings received from 19 February 2020 onwards. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms & conditions:
- Discounts valid only for new bookings received from 1st September until 30th November 2020
- Valid for stays between 14th December 2020 and 31st March 2021
- Guaranteed refund or credit conditions apply at the time of booking
This chalet features
- Contemporary interiors and living spaces spread across three levels
- Stylish furnishings, high wood beam ceilings and blonde wood floors
- Modern open-plan kitchen with a large, separate kitchen worktop and bar stools
- Split dining table that seats twelve people
- Plenty of natural light and space for the entire group
- Flat-screen TV, Playstation, Apple TV and a modern fireplace in the living room
- A special outdoor jacuzzi for eight people
- Expansive terrace on the first floor for summer barbecue
- Secure and heated dry room for skis and other sports equipment
- Indoor garage with space for one car and outdoor parking for two cars
- Daily housekeeping services from Monday to Saturday
- On-call driver to and from locations within the village and the Grand Hirafu Ski Gondola
Master Bedrooms 1 & 2
- Two spacious bedrooms
- Ensuite bathrooms with bathtubs
- Comfortable split king-size beds
- Sofas and lounge chairs for curling up with a book
- Large windows framing mountain views
- One with a private terrace and casual seating (first floor)
Guest Bedrooms 1 & 2
- Two identical bedrooms with split king-size beds
- Ensuite bathrooms with a shower
- Access to a shared terrace with casual seating
- Sofas for conversations and quiet moments
Guest Bedroom 3
- A tatami-style room for a glimpse of authentic Japanese living
- Access to a separate toilet and shower
- Can be converted into a twin bedroom, to sleep 2 guests
- Extra person can be accommodated at an additional cost
Located on Japan’s northern island of Hokkaido and with a peek of the active volcano of Mount Yotei – a smaller version of Mount Fuji – Hirafu, one of Niseko’s four separate but interconnected ski resorts, is blessed with some of the driest, lightest and most abundant snow on Earth.
Despite an average yearly snowfall of 15 metres, Hirafu also enjoys comfortable summers. Its untamed volcanic landscape, excellent hiking trails and increasing reputation as a wellness haven, make it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts all year-round.
Seshu Chalet is conveniently located on a quiet edge of Hirafu’s middle village, close to many of its most popular restaurants and entertainment venues. It is a mere ten-minute walk from the Grand Hirafu Ski Gondola.
An on-call driver will be happy to drive you to and from the gondola and any other locations within Hirafu village. There are also free shuttle buses that will take you to any of the other Niseko resorts.
Things to do
Our Concierge team is always on hand to provide you information about all the places of interest in Hirafu and the wider Niseko area. They can also assist in equipment rental, transport arrangement and other requests that you may have. Do ask them about the closest ‘onsen’ you should visit, it is the best way to immerse yourself in Japanese culture. Whether you visit Niseko for its powder snow or to appreciate the blooming valley in summer, here are some of our favourite things to do in the region:All year-round
- Hokkaido’s produce is renowned throughout the world and thus it is no wonder that Niseko has a thriving food scene. Meat lovers will appreciate the rare Kobe beef at Steak Rosso Rosso, and if you prefer seafood, we suggest trying out some of Hokkaido’s freshest catch at Ezo’s. Hirafu has not one but two Michelin-star restaurants – Kamimura and Ichimura, both serving exceptional fine Japanese dining.
- Japan’s volcanic hot springs or ‘onsen’ not only soothe your aching muscles after a long day, but they are also known for their health and wellness benefits. Ask the Concierge team for the best onsen in the region and also some of the dos and don’ts in terms of attire and behaviour.
- There are several art galleries in Niseko which are definitely worth a visit. Kiyoe gallery in Hirafu village showcases some of Hokkaido best artists, while Somoza gallery in nearby Hanazono also offers a beautiful place in which to relax. Our favourite remains Galerie Ram in Niseko Village, with its exciting collection of steel sculpture and woodwork. Inside the gallery, you’ll also find ‘La Cave’, a cellar with a great selection of imported wines. Now you understand why we love it, don’t you?
- A little further afield, we can recommend a daytrip to the attractive seaside city of Otaru any time of the year. Less than two hours away by car from Hirafu, it is best-known for its hairy crab and seafood delicatessen, fish markets and historic buildings.
- For a more urban experience, you can also visit Sapporo, Hokkaido’s capital and central transportation hub. As a relatively recent city, it somewhat lacks the alluring architecture you might find in other Japanese cities. Yet, Sapporo is a vibrant and pleasant metropolitan with lovely tree-lined boulevards, excellent shopping and varied cultural activities, including the world-famous annual snow sculpture competition in February.
- Experience some of the typically Japanese matsuri festivals any time of the year. The ‘Potato Festival’ in nearby Kutchan town and the Niseko Fireworks Festival are two of our favourites.
Known for its ‘champagne powder’, unparalleled infrastructure, sophisticated dining and varied nightlife, Hirafu has been the driving force behind Niseko’s stellar rise as one of the world’s most phenomenal ski areas. With an average snowfall of 15 metres, Hirafu is known as the world’s second snowiest ski resort with flakes so large that locals jokingly refer to them as ‘chicken feathers’. Here’s how to make most of your winter holiday:
- Seshu Chalet is only one kilometre away from the Grand Hirafu Gondola which provides access to some of the area’s steepest slopes, as well as several great runs for beginners.
- Whether you’re a first-timer trying to familiarise yourself with a pair of skis or an accomplished snowboarder aiming to perfect your turns, the Niseko Grand Hirafu Snow School has a wide range of lessons and programmes available which cater to all levels.
- Part of four interconnected ski resorts, Hirafu and the neighbouring resort of Niseko Village boast of some of the steepest slopes in the region, with those in nearby Hanazono offering slightly easier terrain for beginners. Meanwhile, the Annupuri Resort is well-known for its backcountry gates, popular with accomplished skiers and snowboarders eager to access some of the area’s deep snow on off-piste trails – something we don’t recommend doing without necessary training.
- Whether it is tobogganning or snowmobiling that gets your adrenaline pumping, what better place to slide down the slopes than Niseko? Our Concierge can help rent a snowmobile for your use or guide you on the best places to go to.
From white water rafting on the Shiribetsu river or stand-up paddling at nearby Lake Toya to mountain biking down volcanic slopes or playing golf at the 18-hole Niseko Golf Course, there are plenty of ways to entertain yourself during the warmer months.
- With its elevated rope courses, zip-lines, free-fall platforms, bouncy slides and horse rides, the recreational park PURE provides a wonderful day out for the whole family.
- Come spring, the snowmelt raises the water levels of the Shiribetsu River by almost two metres, making it ideal for white water rafting. A 12 km-long course runs from Hirafu Station to Niseko Station across what is known to be Japan’s cleanest river. Although it will take you past several exciting challenges, the course is easy enough to navigate while enjoying the valley’s stunning beauty.
- The 18-hole, 73 par Niseko Village Golf Course is seen as the jewel in the crown of Hokkaido’s golf scene, thanks to its excellent facilities and the area’s dry and pleasant summer. With the photogenic Mount Yotei in the background, we really can’t think of a better place for practising your shots and improving your handicap.
- Indeed, regularly hosting Japan’s largest cycling race, the ‘Tour de Hokkaido’, Hirafu is a much-loved cycling destination thanks to its stunning landscape, comfortable summers and a massive variety of cycling trails.
- Looking at its well-developed infrastructure and the sheer number of international visitors, it might be hard to believe that the wider Niseko area was once better known for its potatoes than for its powder. Relive its starchy past by hiring a scooter and driving through some of its vast rice paddies and buckwheat farmlands. Close your eyes and feel the wind in your hair. Be sure to visit one of the many farmers’ markets on the way and sample delicious fresh local produce.
Guest reviews - View all reviews (9)
Kawabata N, Japan, 19-Sep-2020 - 20-Sep-2020I highly recommend Seshu. The house is more wonderful than the photo !!
Ayuta O, Japan, 22-Jun-2020 - 24-Jun-2020A beautiful house. We were very comfortable. Thank you for preparing the BBQ for us.
Glen & Janet, Australia, 29-Jan-2020 - 09-Feb-2020"Thank you" - is manifestly inadequate. There are not enough words or superlatives to say how grateful we are to have had the opportunity to stay in your beautiful home in this beautiful village. The skiing was great fun (even the steep tree runs!), the house simply stunning in every way, and the company absolutely fabulous. Will be tough to top this amazing holiday. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! PS: Thank also to the wonderful Elite Havens crew for making our stay so easy and enjoyable.
The Gohs, Singapore, 22-Jan-2020 - 27-Jan-2020You have such a lovely and thoughtful home! Thank you for sharing it with all of us. Our family spent our Chinese New Year reunion here and this beautiful space was filled with our laughter, conversations and joys! Thank you. Wishing you a blessed Lunar New Year of the Rat!
Steve M, Australia, 09-Jan-2020 - 18-Jan-2020We had a lovely stay in Seshu. Such a lovely house, great location and the amazing team from Ellite Havens made our stay super enjoyable. Stunning architecture and amazing ambience made for a ‘lush’ week at Seshu. The proximity to funky bars & neighbourhood ramen houses is sensational. We’ve all had an unforgettable week.
The Brimo Family, Philippines, 21-Dec-2019 - 28-Dec-2019Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us! It was a delight to spend Christmas here and your lovely kitchen made it a breeze to prepare a wonderful Christmas dinner for all 9 and a half of us. We truly enjoyed ourselves. We Love Seshu.
Steph S, Malaysia, 12-Dec-2019 - 14-Dec-2019Wow wow wow!! We had an amazing stay at Seshu. It is a huge house with more than enough space for the 7 of us, it is just awesome! The team has been keeping the house sparkling clean during our stay! Andrew and the Elite Havens team has prepared milk, juices, bread, eggs and bacon to make sure our first morning breakfast is taken care off before we get familiar with Niseko and get our own groceries, what a thoughtful team!!! In summary, we have an awesome and amazing stay at Seshu and we looking forward to come back here soon!!!
Chan M, Malaysia, 04-Dec-2019 - 10-Dec-2019A big thank you for your hospitality . We enjoyed our 6 night stay here and everything was well equipped. It was very thoughtful on every single detail. My mother enjoyed the fireplace so much and so did the kids. Lovely house, thank you for hosting us, we Love Niseko!
Lingwei K, Singapore, 28-Nov-2019 - 01-Dec-2019I just wanted to drop a quick note to thank you and the team for a fantastic stay at Seshu. My family and I had a wonderful time and the place was amazing. If we have a chance in the future we would love to return.
Last viewed villas
Please sign in to add this villas to your Favourite
Create a shortlist of your favourites -
save them for later, make comparisons, and share with travel companions